• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

PK Gaming

Oh my god, you just reminded me of those killer squirrels

200px-Skull_Eater_%28Final_Fantasy_V%29_iOS.PNG

Killing those bastards after your party got stronger was so satisfying. They gave you tons of AP too.

CorvoSol

Oh my god, you just reminded me of those killer squirrels

200px-Skull_Eater_%28Final_Fantasy_V%29_iOS.PNG

Killing those bastards after your party got stronger was so satisfying. They gave you tons of AP too.

Awww, look at the cute little squirrel with the oddly menacingOHMYGODFARISISDEADNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I was browsing the FFXIII-2 FFwiki article and saw that the game has a moogle, something I don't remember seeing in FFXIII. Man I don't like its design at all. Like they tried too hard making it cute and it back fired. Thinking back, FF Crystal Chronicles probably had my favorite moogle design. Just a fluffy puffy little thing that you can spray paint different colors. No dumb nubby arms, oversized pink nose, or crystal sticking out of his head. FFIX's moogle also get a positive mention since they save your progress.

210px-Mog_FFXIII-2.jpg

finalfantasy_cchronicle_conceptart_WNPyN_thumb.jpg

I was browsing the FFXIII-2 FFwiki article and saw that the game has a moogle, something I don't remember seeing in FFXIII. Man I don't like its design at all. Like they tried too hard making it cute and it back fired. Thinking back, FF Crystal Chronicles probably had my favorite moogle design. Just a fluffy puffy little thing that you can spray paint different colors. No dumb nubby arms, oversized pink nose, or crystal sticking out of his head. FFIX's moogle also get a positive mention since they save your progress.

210px-Mog_FFXIII-2.jpg

Wait until you hear the voice and dialogue. You'll want to strangle him.

CorvoSol

210px-Mog_FFXIII-2.jpg

Yes, XIII-2's moogle is a hideous freak, but there is the upside that you can physically abuse the freak.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
In fairness, Crisis Core would've been a stellar game without him.

Not really. Even if I liked the game it was rather bland and had Toriyama influence. You could tell they cut corners if you had to do so yourself to avoid the ridiculous amount of encounters in all the missions. To avoid them you generally had to hug the poorly designed walls. Sad thing about CC is we all knew how it would end and I think that's a pity. It makes the end of the game that much more anti-climatic.

BUT

For a PSP game at that point in time it was a superb way to showcase potential of the system. Still not on PSN though.

Not really. Even if I liked the game it was rather bland and had Toriyama influence. You could tell they cut corners if you had to do so yourself to avoid the ridiculous amount of encounters in all the missions. To avoid them you generally had to hug the poorly designed walls. Sad thing about CC is we all knew how it would end and I think that's a pity. It makes the end of the game that much more anti-climatic.

BUT

For a PSP game at that point in time it was a superb way to showcase potential of the system. Still not on PSN though.

How so? He isn't listed anywhere in the credits.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
How so? He isn't listed anywhere in the credits.

Don't think he ever wrote anything for it. That was Nojima. Though I recall everything about Aerith was supposedly all under his influence for FF7. Who knows if it carried over unto CC. I do know elsewhere on other forums people would suggest Tabata didn't have as much control over story direction like he did with Type 0. But that could even be rabid speculations.

CorvoSol

BUT

I actually felt that the game's "We know how this is going to end" is what makes it pretty good, because in spite of that, I honestly felt the parts connecting it to FF7, like Sephiroth's treachery, Zack's romance with Aerith, and Cloud's breakdown, were all well done. It was the new stuff about an army of clones looking like a famous pop star super soldier and his shitty play that were terrible, unnecessary and unwelcome.

I also felt that Zack was an easy-to-like protagonist in a series that far too often opts for troubled pasts for its heroes. Zack was just a nice guy from a nice home with nice dreams. He wasn't Squall or Tidus with all the issues they brought onboard, and unlike Terra and Cecil he didn't have a problem with being a soldier at his age. He was simple, and I appreciated that. He reminded me of Bartz or Zidane, and the series could stand to have more of those.

Genesis is the worst character in the franchise, and Minerva was a douche, no doubt about it.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Never understood the point of Minerva. Just "there" I suppose. The game made suc a big deal about "dumbapples" I'm surprised SE didn't turn it into an actual marketed food.

CorvoSol

Advent children started it and genesis ended it literally since DoC won't be gettin a sequel anytime soon.

Oh, Advent Children. I was so hyped for that. All them new costumes and those sexy graphics and radical fights. Actually, if you excuse Cloud's poor characterization and the plot as a whole, the entirety of Advent Children Complete is pretty enjoyable.

Minus Denzel. FUCK Denzel.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Oh, Advent Children. I was so hyped for that. All them new costumes and those sexy graphics and radical fights. Actually, if you excuse Cloud's poor characterization and the plot as a whole, the entirety of Advent Children Complete is pretty enjoyable.

If I ever watch that movie now it's for the fight scenes. Pretty saddening huh.

Wait until you hear the voice and dialogue. You'll want to strangle him.

Great, I can't wait...

Yes, XIII-2's moogle is a hideous freak, but there is the upside that you can physically abuse the freak.

Great! I can't wait!

In fairness, Crisis Core would've been a stellar game without him.

Agreed, Crisis Core would have just been fine without Red Sephiroth, he felt out of place to me. The whole Loveless poem nonsense only made him more irritating. Though it was kinda cool seeing Sephiroth interact with another top of his class SOLDIERS. Too bad it had to be Genesis. Angeal was pretty dope.

Edit: Yeah Denzel was lame. I thought they only put him in the movie to make Cloud and Tifa have a surrogate family along with Marlene. Also that movie, lets be honest, wasn't very good. It was just fun to watch all the brilliantly choreographed fight scenes. Also, It totally killed everything I liked about Cloud. Now when people thing about him, it's AC Cloud, not FF7 Cloud.

There was a plot to that? I just watched for flashy fights and Omnislash 2.0

And Kadaj.

I want a FF3 version with the Super Famicom graphics. I tried the DS version but I didn't like the graphics one bit. I'm superficial, I know.

Kuja9001

Banned

I like and dislike the fights in ACC, to me they come completely out of nowhere when compared with the OG. I prefer the battles in the FNC series of titles, XVersus is going to be crazy.

That was after. Genesis is inside the reactor. He taunts Zack and/or Sephiroth, and Sephiroth goes to the library because of it, making him go all wonky.

Also I found this hilarious in a way.

I blocked all memories of anything related to Genesis from my mind. So no, he was not there during the incident, you are making stuff up. Stop lying.

Yes that thread was hilarious. Everything Esura posted was funny in the worst way possible. No wonder he was banned.

I want a FF3 version with the Super Famicom graphics. I tried the DS version but I didn't like the graphics one bit. I'm superficial, I know.

Yeah, I did not like the graphics for DS FF3 so much either. Which is kinda funny, since I thought the art style and graphics were better used in FF: The 4 Heroes of Light. Now I'm loving Bravely Default's style.

Robin64

Do FFX/X-2 HD share the same save between Vita and PS3 via the cloud service?
And is there going to be a pack with both Vita and PS3 versions for a bit cheaper?

Do FFX/X-2 HD share the same save between Vita and PS3 via the cloud service?
And is there going to be a pack with both Vita and PS3 versions for a bit cheaper?

I'm not sure about the saves.

There has not been any announcement regarding a Vita + PS3 version bundle, that I am aware of. PS3 version has both FFX/X-2 HD, Vita has FFX on the card, and downloadable FFX-2. Hope that helps a little.

CorvoSol

I like and dislike the fights in ACC, to me they come completely out of nowhere when compared with the OG. I prefer the battles in the FNC series of titles, XVersus is going to be crazy.

I thought they were rockin', since in the game you stand there and pelt a dude, and this was a way to see the party utilizing their rad moves. Cloud vs Sephiroth was great cuz of the over the topness, but Tifa vs What'shisbutt was the next best one.

I blocked all memories of anything related to Genesis from my mind. So no, he was not there during the incident, you are making stuff up. Stop lying.

Yes that thread was hilarious. Everything Esura posted was funny in the worst way possible. No wonder he was banned.

Esura's meltdown is something else. That wasn't the only post, either. The one about the arm pits was far and away the worst.

Oh, that's good to hear. I can't tell if the store updated or not, but is the Final Fantasy sale still going on this week?

Nah, y'missed it. This week is Persona Week.

Top Bottom