• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I love FFIX's moogles too. So cute.

"Try something different, kupo!"
"Think outside the box, kupo!"

Shut up, you little shit!
PyX9rhK.gif
Worst moogle ever. Legit the worst. I love how his kupos are preserved from Japanese unless it's in prose/dialogue. "Kupo" doesn't work like that.

I've been wanting to play FFXII for a while now but I'm having trouble deciding if the International edition is enough of an improvement over the original to justify grabbing it and an english patch.

I've never played FFXII before so if anybody here has experience with it I'd appreciate the input.
I actually can't go back to vanilla FF12 anymore. There are so many improvements over the original version as previously mentioned that it's completely justified to try it out once.

Seda

Want FFV GBA so bad, but those prices ;_;

It's about $25 used on Amazon sellers. I know there's some question about getting a legitimate cart, but I purchased a good one from there recently. Perhaps $25 is a little much for an old game, but there are certainly many rarer/more expensive ones.

And FFTA moogles are also my favorite.

Levyne

Banned
It's about $25 used on Amazon sellers. I know there's some question about getting a legitimate cart, but I purchased a good one from there recently. Perhaps $25 is a little much for an old game, but there are certainly many rarer/more expensive ones.

And FFTA moogles are also my favorite.

stop liking what I like

Ultratech

GBA FFV has some nifty new job classes. I never did beat its bonus dungeon.

Don't feel too bad, it's pretty annoying and the bosses are really annoying bastards (Rapid Fire? LOL NO).

I actually can't go back to vanilla FF12 anymore. There are so many improvements over the original version as previously mentioned that it's completely justified to try it out once.

Agreed. IZJS has so much wonderful stuff, there's no way I could ever go back to the Vanilla version.
Especially that Fast Forward button...

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Well, the FFX OT is a bit simpler than Tales of Xillia's since I'm solo here. That and we know a bit of the games already. :p

Unless of course I add in what's "new" in the International versions.

Pappasman

It's has a improved ability system and a turbo button that speeds up the game.
It also has trail mode and you can unlock new game+,strong mode(you start at level 85) and weak mode(you never level up).

The new license board and turbo button are big improvments,but you need a hacked console to play it.

Thanks!

I LOVE the tactics advance moogles. They are my favorite design-wise.

6S2qP9a.jpg

But it could just be that art style in general.

Ya the Tactics Advance moogles are awesome. Damn I love FFTA.

Worst moogle ever. Legit the worst. I love how his kupos are preserved from Japanese unless it's in prose/dialogue. "Kupo" doesn't work like that.

I always felt like 'kupo' was supposed to represent the little noise that they make - like in FFIX. I never really imagined it to be a spoken word, so I found it really jarring hearing it in FFXIII-2.

I mean it's not like you get chocobos going round like 'Hey, you... Serah... kweh."

Wazzy

Banned
I love VIII's moogles. When I won that card from the kid jogging I was pretty much like " I owned youuuuuuu OWNNEEDDDDDDDD YOUUUUUUUUUUUU BITCH"

I wish Moomba's would make a return. They're one of the cutest.

The best games are the ones where Moogles are the least involved or can be nearly avoided entirely.

I disagree, they can add so much character to a game. The Moogles in IX were hilarious. And who can forget having Mog in your party in VI where his Dances were pretty effective?

SougoXIII

Wait what? I know Mog in XIII-2 is horrible but that's no reason to hate on moogles in general. Besides, most of the moogles are not significant in the main entries of the series and are mostly there for mascot/comic relief.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
They are malignant tumors on the series.

The one in XIII-2 is one anyway. Nothing else can explain the huge head and the red cheeks which is obviously huge tumor growth ready to burst.

Clearly.

-------------

Moogles are great. Type 0 did good with them. Even if I like FFIX's Moogles the best. Because Stiltzkin.

I love moogles. I think they add something special to the FF universe and provide continuity across the games in a way that few other franchises can.

injurai

Banned
I love moogles. I think they add something special to the FF universe and provide continuity across the games in a way that few other franchises can.

Certainly as do many other aspects.

I do sort of fear how they end up handled in FFXV. I Appreciated their near absence from X based on what that world was. Rumors are they look like KH moogles which isn't boding well for XV's reality aesthetics.

CorvoSol

?

About how Moogles ruin games, it's just the opposite: If it doesn't have them then it's a mediocre game *ahemffivahem*.
It's a joke, it's bad because it doesn't have GILGAMESH.

What're you talking about? FF4 has moogles. The same kind of moogles FF12 does.
FF4 and FF1 are the exceptions to the "Needs Moogles to be good" rule.

SkyOdin

Moombas are cute, but then they just seem weird when you learn how they fit into the Shumi life-cycle. Those cute, furry critters running around are the final form of a race of pale-skinned humanoids that may or may not be immortal? It is really a bit too much baggage for me to like Moombas.

Moombas are cute, but then they just seem weird when you learn how they fit into the Shumi life-cycle. Those cute, furry critters running around are the final form of a race of pale-skinned humanoids that may or may not be immortal? It is really a bit too much baggage for me to like Moombas.

lol.... what? You make it sound like marriage.

What's not to like? Cute little tykes that help you out and deal a nice 9999 when summoned..

I think you might be overthinking it.

Certainly as do many other aspects.

I do sort of fear how they end up handled in FFXV. I Appreciated their near absence from X based on what that world was. Rumors are they look like KH moogles which isn't boding well for XV's reality aesthetics.

I don't know where you heard that rumor but it is entirely false.

Tetsuya Nomura pops up in an interview in the recently released Final Fantasy Type-0 Ultimania. In it, he says that the design for Moogles in Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be close to what we’ve seen in Type-0. There you have it. Announcement of Moogles in Versus. Not exactly world stopping. He doesn’t go into any more detail of how the adorable creatures fit into the much darker world.

Type-0 Moogles:

Personally I like FFXII's moogles more and would think they would fit into FFXV's world better than Type-0/XIII/IX's moogles. Unless moogles are just like dolls or stuffed animals in FFXV's world then I think I could deal with that. ;)

XII-moogles.jpg

CorvoSol

I kinda like 'em because of that weird aspect.

I don't know where you heard that rumor but it is entirely false.

Type-0 Moogles:

But KH Moogles, Type-0 Moogles and Dissidia Moogles are basically all exactly the same.

But KH Moogles, Type-0 Moogles and Dissidia Moogles are basically all exactly the same.

You can throw FFIX in there too.

I just don't feel a cutesy moogle can really fit into the world of XV unless it was like a toy or stuffed animal. I am sure they will find a way. So far they have made every other FF trope look organic in the world. (Behemoth, Iron Giants, Leviathan, Cactur, etc etc)

And we thought Disney and FF couldn't go together but somehow this team did it. So I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they can work moogles into this dark world.

Top Bottom