• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Yeah, will probably reset to a lower % off at steam's reset tomorrow. I forget if that is noon or 1pm eastern in DST
Sucks. Hate being broke in time like these. It's been about 15 years or more since I played it.

Prototype

with wii online service shutting down (is it already shut down?) does this mean there is no way to play FF4: After Years on a console? Been getting an itch to play through this.

CorvoSol

with wii online service shutting down (is it already shut down?) does this mean there is no way to play FF4: After Years on a console? Been getting an itch to play through this.

I think that's right, yes. You can play the better version of it for PSP/Vita, though.

Darkmakaimura

Looking forward to jumping into FFVII after almost two decades. Hope all you FF fans in SoCal are safe!

Darkmakaimura

Does anyone remember if I have to find Vincent Valentine in FFVII or do I just get him at some point regardless of what I do? He's my favorite male F2F character.

Wazzy

Banned
I still don't understand how they ever thought Yuna's voice acting in the scene where she's like "I have...uh...be...come.... a..... summ..oner" was a good idea.

Also smile face Yuna is the best thing ever. So bad.

I still don't understand how they ever thought Yuna's voice acting in the scene where she's like "I have...uh...be...come.... a..... summ..oner" was a good idea.

Also smile face Yuna is the best thing ever. So bad.

I actually have a lot of sympathy for the voice actors. As I understand it they had to record all their lines in isolation. As an actor myself, I'd find it really hard without the context and bond with the other characters to make this work.

The way the production team handled the voice acting was just...so bizarre.

Levyne

Banned
I actually have a lot of sympathy for the voice actors. As I understand it they had to record all their lines in isolation. As an actor myself, I'd find it really hard without the context and bond with the other characters to make this work.

I think this is actually very common. I agree that the direction was spotty in a lot of places.

Wazzy

Banned

The funny thing is I like most of the voice acting, including Yuna. It's just certain moments have me going "er....."

I actually think Tidus has the perfect voice actor. Suits him so well.

Psxphile

I actually think Tidus has the perfect voice actor. Suits him so well.

And he's gone on to greatness since then.

pEGVcA4.png

Yeah. ESPECIALLY Yuna.

All this talk about lip-flap-matching has me wondering how a localization of Type-0 would even work. Cuz Square legit didn't even bother with it in the Japanese version.

Why wasn't that an issue in XII - XIII then? The voice acting didn't seem to be oddly timed in those games?

I don't remember it being so weird in X-2 either...

Whenever I hear Tidus I just hear Ratchet. And Wakka - Bender (although that's easier to forget I think)

CorvoSol

Why wasn't that an issue in XII - XIII then? The voice acting didn't seem to be oddly timed in those games?

I don't remember it being so weird in X-2 either...

Whenever I hear Tidus I just hear Ratchet. And Wakka - Bender (although that's easier to forget I think)

X was their first game with voice acting, that's why it was an issue. Type-0 is probably mechanical limitations. During movie sequences the voices match the mouths, but during just plain old cut-scenes? Not really. Type-0 is an outlier, not me making a statement about general quality of voice sync.

HTupolev

Is it just me, or does Death Game sound like a weird spiritual successor to the James Bond theme, blended with a hint of the Sonic CD NA soundtrack?

So I'm getting a Vita on Wednesday and I was looking at the FF games I could get on it and am I just not finding them somehow or did SE never release the PSP remakes of FFI and II on PSN? And if so does anyone know why?

Labadal

So I'm getting a Vita on Wednesday and I was looking at the FF games I could get on it and am I just not finding them somehow or did SE never release the PSP remakes of FFI and II on PSN? And if so does anyone know why?

FFI-FFX are available on the PS Vita. The same goes for FFX-2 and FF Tactics.

And the Dissidia games.

Heropon

The PSP remakes aren't available in the American store for who knows what reason. The Origins version isn't bad so if you want to give I&II a try it's worth it.

The PSP remakes aren't available in the American store for who knows what reason. The Origins version isn't bad so if you want to give I&II a try it's worth it.

Wait, so they are on the European store but not the American store? Wtf SE. I WANT TO GIVE YOU MORE OF MY MONEY AND YOU WON'T LET ME.

There is always the GBA version!

I could get that cartdrige only on Amazon for a fair price, but I was really hoping to play the PSP versions. Also if I got the GBA version I'd have to play it on my Gamecube through Composite. I think I'll wait and see if they add that to the Wii U VC.
Maybe I could buy them for my phone, do the phone versions have the FMVs?

CorvoSol

Bravely Default Ch. 1 Spoils

"Alright guys, let's cleanse that Crystal!"
Onions: "NOOOOOO my fancy clothes for the job aren't ready!"
"Oh, where are they?"
"Just in that room we stopped in that I didn't bother to check for them even though we were just in them."
"Let's go get them then."
Onions: "Nooooooooooooo they're ruined!"
Ringabel: "FANSERVICE MEEEEEEE."
"Okay, so what now?"
"Well we have to go to the Sewing Sage in the Northeast woods to get them fixed!"
"Oooookaaay. That's not so bad."
"I am a perverse old sage! I can sew you some new clothes!"
Ringabel: "AH HA HA I LOVE YOU YOU OLD CREEP!"
Onions: "PLZ NEW CLOTHZ"
"Oh, I'll need some rainbow shells thread to sew you your new dress."
"Would you happen to have some of this on you?"
"Of course not!"
"Of course not."

So JRPG.

Labadal

Bravely Default Ch. 1 Spoils

"Alright guys, let's cleanse that Crystal!"
Onions: "NOOOOOO my fancy clothes for the job aren't ready!"
"Oh, where are they?"
"Just in that room we stopped in that I didn't bother to check for them even though we were just in them."
"Let's go get them then."
Onions: "Nooooooooooooo they're ruined!"
Ringabel: "FANSERVICE MEEEEEEE."
"Okay, so what now?"
"Well we have to go to the Sewing Sage in the Northeast woods to get them fixed!"
"Oooookaaay. That's not so bad."
"I am a perverse old sage! I can sew you some new clothes!"
Ringabel: "AH HA HA I LOVE YOU YOU OLD CREEP!"
Onions: "PLZ NEW CLOTHZ"
"Oh, I'll need some rainbow shells thread to sew you your new dress."
"Would you happen to have some of this on you?"
"Of course not!"
"Of course not."

So JRPG.

This game is all about the boss battles.

CorvoSol

So Cor, who do you hate like so far?

Onions and Tiz can go jump off a bridge. Mostly Onions. Tiz'd be okay if he ever decided to go through puberty.

Ringabel is a poor-man's Balthier. Literally. As in he's Balthier if Balthier hadn't been a classy man.

Edea, though. Edea is best character in the game so far. Girl has the put downs to keep Ringabel in place, the motives to make her a more compelling lead than Tiz or Onions, and she's like, the only party member whose voice isn't that bad to listen to. Well, Ringabel is okayish, and Tiz if he hits puberty, but you get the idea.

Black Mage Heatmiser Crowe was my favorite, though. Dude sounded JUST LIKE HEATMISER.

Wazzy

Banned
Onions and Tiz can go jump off a bridge. Mostly Onions. Tiz'd be okay if he ever decided to go through puberty.

Ringabel is a poor-man's Balthier. Literally. As in he's Balthier if Balthier hadn't been a classy man.

Edea, though. Edea is best character in the game so far. Girl has the put downs to keep Ringabel in place, the motives to make her a more compelling lead than Tiz or Onions, and she's like, the only party member whose voice isn't that bad to listen to. Well, Ringabel is okayish, and Tiz if he hits puberty, but you get the idea.

Black Mage Heatmiser Crowe was my favorite, though. Dude sounded JUST LIKE HEATMISER.

Yeah that's pretty much how I felt. I didn't hate Tiz but he got annoying at times.

Edea is the best. MRGRGRRG

Wazzy

Banned
Tiz is like every FF protagonist's most annoying trait rolled into a single dude, haha.

He's definitely annoying. I liked his design, though. Now Agnes is the worst character in that game. Anytime she speaks I get angry. Her existence is unacceptable!

Labadal

He's definitely annoying. I liked his design, though. Now Agnes is the worst character in that game. Anytime she speaks I get angry. Her existence is unacceptable!

I agree, mgrgrgr.

I can't wait to see what they do for the sequel. I really hope they keep the job system.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Bravely Second needs GILGAMESH or a GILGAMESH equivalent. Yeah man. Edea should have used Mrgrgr more though. Agnes says unacceptable more. Which is just unacceptable. And isn't nearly as fasionablaaah.

Top Bottom