• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm getting lazy to platinum FFX. :|

I can't imagine how crazy FFXII's platinum will be...

Falk

that puzzling face
XII's optional content wasn't hard, just extremely tedious.

(Well, then again, Chocobo and Lightning Dodging aren't straight-out hard either)

Most tedious one for me was the fishing quest, I got pretty far into it but never finished. If they do give us XII HD, I need a least another 25 Marks to go after.

PK Gaming

tumblr_n516fxOB2K1rqgtvdo1_500.gif

tumblr_n516fxOB2K1rqgtvdo2_500.gif

It’s like a horror movie

Heropon

I think I'm about to finish The After Years. I mean, the dungeon music has stopped and I don't think that
there are going to be bosses that don't come from Dawn of Souls.

I feel confident in my superparty but I'm going to do it tomorrow, it's pretty late here.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I haven't fought
Bahamut
yet, so the end isn't as near as I thought.

CorvoSol

I think I'm about to finish The After Years. I mean, the dungeon music has stopped and I don't think that
there are going to be bosses that don't come from Dawn of Souls.

I feel confident in my superparty but I'm going to do it tomorrow, it's pretty late here.

You will fight 4 bosses from
1, 2, 3, 5 and 6
before the final dungeon is over. The final dungeon is something like 30 floors deep.

Also be advised that the Final Boss is broken into multiple parts and that that means your buffs and debuffs will all be eliminated at each and every phase of the fight.

Heropon

You will fight 4 bosses from
1, 2, 3, 5 and 6
before the final dungeon is over. The final dungeon is something like 30 floors deep.

Also be advised that the Final Boss is broken into multiple parts and that that means your buffs and debuffs will all be eliminated at each and every phase of the fight.

Except for the
FFV
superbosses, all the spoiler bosses have been defeated. That's why I thought I was near the end, but that was far from the reality.

I love using Flare all the time in this game. <3 Rydia

Corvo, that High Jump/Hasten World strategy thing is how like 90% of people beat the awful final boss I'm pretty sure. I got wrecked three times in a row (at level 99) at the pre-final boss fight and decided that it wasn't worth it. I tried different jobs too.

I don't know how you guys can play multiple games a the same time. I feel at that point I've reached an overload, like I should probably be doing something else with my time. Same reason I don't replay games anymore. Though I'm probably going to do an expert grid play through of FFX again once I've platinumed Infamous SS.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
It's cuz I don't want to platinum every game anymore and I play more games on handhelds anyway because it fits my lifestyle better. I tend to get handheld stuff done faster that way.

Wii U/PS3/PC games are more of a holiday/weekend thing these days, so I tend to write down where I left off in those games since there usually is a gap between the times I play them.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I don't do this platinum garbage. I play the game to play the game. Not to get worthless notifications. I'm not getting any reward out of it except a thing to pop up that says "you did thing". More of a distraction then anything. Grump Grump

Levyne

Banned
If the game is new, I'll go for the platinum. If it's not new (but new enough to have achievements or whatever) I won't. Gives me an excuse to keep playing and keep talking about the game with people while there is an "audience". I dunno if that makes sense.

CorvoSol

Corvo, that High Jump/Hasten World strategy thing is how like 90% of people beat the awful final boss I'm pretty sure. I got wrecked three times in a row (at level 99) at the pre-final boss fight and decided that it wasn't worth it. I tried different jobs too.

I don't know how you guys can play multiple games a the same time. I feel at that point I've reached an overload, like I should probably be doing something else with my time. Same reason I don't replay games anymore. Though I'm probably going to do an expert grid play through of FFX again once I've platinumed Infamous SS.

High Jump/Hasten World it is, I guess.

As to multiple games it's called "I need something fun to play while I'm stuck grinding in this game."

I don't do this platinum garbage. I play the game to play the game. Not to get worthless notifications. I'm not getting any reward out of it except a thing to pop up that says "you did thing". More of a distraction then anything. Grump Grump

Man after my own heart here.

Falk

that puzzling face

Just wait till GILGAMESH is only unlockable in FFXV if you plat

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Schala kicking that completionist habit??
Yeah, I'm tired of going for the plat/100% in games I don't like these days. Lightning Returns was kinda my last straw, but I moreso felt compelled to do it since I plat the last two. I'd rather beat a multitude of games than concentrate on one game entirely for a few days/weeks to 100% it. That's one of the reasons why GotY felt like a disaster last year to me; I didn't have time to replay everything I wanted to on my shortlist because of the 100% nonsense.

I mean, if it's easy, and I kinda like the game, sure (ex: visual novels). If I really like the game and I know the plat/100% won't kill the game for me, sure (ex: Tales of Graces f, Kirby Triple Deluxe). If I really like the game and I know the plat will kill the game entirely for me, no (ex: Sonic Unleashed).

Falk

that puzzling face
Lightning Returns was about as mild a plat as JRPGs go. Surprised that it'd be the last straw.

Wait.

Oh.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
LOL.

You know it's bad when I had to ask a friend to keep me company while I was doing the mundane MMO-esque quests that I generally abhor to keep me awake while he played Street Fighter Alpha. I hate quest design like that because it's so boring and repetitive. And he was asking me stuff like, "Schala, why are there so many unnecessary effects? What's that dumb filter you used? Why does this game look so weird?"

Noi

See, I take a bit of offensive with that mentality because its not like I'm not playing a game for the game when I'm going for the plat. If I'm going for the plat, it's because I like the game enough to do so in the first place. (though I realize that there are people who play specifically for trophies, but I don't like getting lumped in with them!) At least nowadays, most platinum trophies are given just for completing a game the same way you'd naturally complete a game before, so I don't see what the big deal is.

I wouldn't go for all of these if I didn't really like the series!

AozeGf2.png

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yeah, I'm kinda unsure why I have this odd reputation for platinuming stuff either. Maybe cuz RPG plats are more intensive/time-consuming and I had a tendency to plat Tales games more than once (which stopped with Xillia 2 because I got bored and didn't finish the game). Otherwise I don't go out of my way to do it. And now I don't. Because most plats can be boring.

I only have 26-27 plats in total, lol. That's a tiny crumb compared to a lot of other people on this very forum.

Wazzy

Banned
I can't think of any other easier options so it looks like I'll be making a Gunblade from foam board. I'm thinking I'll make two layers so it's thicker and doesn't break as easily but we'll see.

P4 update:

I'm at
Kanji's dungeon
and oh my god the intro had me in tears. So good.

Jucksalbe

Banned
I ignored platintums for quite some time (after getting about 30 or so), even turned off the trophy notifications, but then went for one again in Midway Arcade Origins, which was good, because it made me try all of its games more extensively, instead of just playing Robotron and Defender. But then I got the one in Ys Celceta, which made me hate the game, so I guess I'm cured of that again.

I just play the games until they bore me...only games I could bother to complete fully are platformers. Those are usually short enough. Unless they have too many collectibles...

NateDog

I don't really care for Platinum trophies either, like others I just play the game for fun and I have too big a backlog of games to worry about numbers on a digital profile, especially when attempting to get all the trophies of a game leads to you becoming sick of the game and never wanting to touch it again, that's not the definition of fun to me. I am a certain type of completionist when it comes to gaming but trophies aren't in that category for me.

Screw it I think I might start Type-0 finally today.

grimmiq

14 years later I finally finish FFIX, solid game,
sucker for happy endings,
but probably won't play again unless it gets a proper HD remake (Not the 7/8 crap where 1/3 of the models get a slight upgrade and everything else looks like garbage).

Holykael1

Banned
14 years later I finally finish FFIX, solid game,
sucker for happy endings,
but probably won't play again unless it gets a proper HD remake (Not the 7/8 crap where 1/3 of the models get a slight upgrade and everything else looks like garbage).

Happy??
Vivi dies man..I think bittersweet is more appropriate

NateDog

Played an hour of Type-0 and died and chose the option to bring me back to the main menu...

Thought it utilised auto-save since I couldn't find any option to save in the menu. bawwwww

Heropon

It seems I can't play my new Crisis Core umd because umd lectors drives are the worst shit ever!!!!!! I want to kill someone.

Before trying to play a physical PSP game in years, I finished The After Years. I'll write some final impressions later... Or not, I'm too angry.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Ah, okay. I was confused for a moment.
My PSP has problems to recognize the drive is actually closed when I'm playing so I constantly get error messages. That's why I ripped all my games and don't play from UMD anymore. Strangely, it doesn't have any problems while it's ripping the games.

CorvoSol

Played an hour of Type-0 and died and chose the option to bring me back to the main menu...

Thought it utilised auto-save since I couldn't find any option to save in the menu. bawwwww

Nah, there are floating orange teardrop shaped things. Those are save points.

Anyway, I don't think I've seen an enemy as gleefully evil as Salve-Maker Qada in FF in a long, long time.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
cuz wakka has stupid hair

Wakka's hair should be a cameo boss battle because it's that stupid.

Groose has the same stupid hair but it works because Groose doesn't take himself as seriously and he's stupid until later on in the game.

The weird physics I can deal with, the hitboxes I can tolerate but all of those bloody collectibles...

This is why DK64 is so bad
I think this is one of those rare times where we're actually agreeing on something.

CorvoSol

cuz wakka has stupid hair

Wakka's hair should be a cameo boss battle because it's that stupid.

Groose has the same stupid hair but it works because Groose doesn't take himself as seriously and he's stupid until later on in the game.

I think this is one of those rare times where we're actually agreeing on something.

Let's not forget FFXIII: HD Wakka and KH1:FM Agrabwakka.

Top Bottom