• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

Hopefully they leave the soundtrack alone.

I just hit the Mi'hen Highroad and talk about a murdered song. It is a huge downgrade from the original.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Hopefully they leave the soundtrack alone.

I just hit the Mi'hen Highroad and talk about a murdered song. It is a huge downgrade from the original.

Sounded good to me but I guess if you're going to compare side by side then I'm ok with how they handled that track. Loved it on Vita and actually recommend that version if you're going to be playing through the HD remakes. Better than the PS3 just based on the load times.

Levyne

Banned
yVKEJLZ.png

I fear I've made a mistake.

CorvoSol

Just so I'm clear, Mother Brain doesn't use Energy Blast frequently, right? Cuz that shit does 3k damage and kills my entire party in one fucking swoop.

CorvoSol

Mother Brain bites the dust! And I can not be more eager to be rid of Egil.

The Fire Vestal's garb being separated from her body and the comments on "this is the work of men" is also the most horrifying thing this game has commented on. Like, I was not expecting that kind of implication.

Yeah, because -the- Final Fantasy with -the- orchestral soundtrack limited by PS2 hardware would benefit the least from taking it to the next level.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

And I don't remember huge complaints about the soundtrack. You want mutilated sound? Play on the GBA!

Falk

that puzzling face
Technically it was only extra/new content for NA, outside of Eternal Calm and the bonus audio.

And there were similar reactions regarding how the updated models looked 'off' or 'creepy'. Perhaps not as much so as the music tracks where Hamauzu-san completely revisited his arrangements (for the record, of which I'm glad we got, but whatever, besides the point of this post), but the underlying complaint is identical.

You're smudging the idea of an updated soundtrack, which is what KH1.5 got, with the idea of a rearranged soundtrack, which is what certain parts of FFX got.

Or honestly, if they solved whatever technical issues were preventing them from including the original soundtrack as an option, that'd be the ultimate solution. Everyone's happy.

Sciortino

With Sony having their conference held at select theatres and if someone got a ticket to the showing, should film XV reactions lol...
if they show it

CLBridges

What're the chances of getting a FFXII remaster? They announced X/X-2 HD at E3 right?

SE will do it I'm sure. I know this E3 there will be news about KH 2.5, so who knows what other things they've been working on. One thing for sure though, FF15 better have a new trailer with a tentative release window. Maybe they will throw in FF12 HD remaster as one of those suprise/sneak announcement type things.

Falk

that puzzling face
This is why Falk should've participated in the Generations speedruns.

I would've granted his wish of giving him Transistor if he scored a point. :p

1) still too busy, workload only lightening up maybe end of this next month. No way I'm touching Unleashed speedruns with a 20ft pole though, because a) Unleashed Project has spoiled me in terms of controls and framerates b) rather castrate myself than QSS to victory

2) someone did gift me Transistor, and I'm so busy I haven't even finished -that-, 4-hour game or not.

Has a developer ever actually done that at E3? I could see it at the other events and stuff going on but a new XV trailer would be during Sony's Conference.

After seeing Ashe in game for quite a bit, I have to say, this pose

0915_ffantasy_xii_article--screenshot_large.jpg

Is a bit quizzical. I mean, when she isn't being serious thinking about the kingdom, she's pissed off, depressed, or otherwise determined. I mean, Basch's fits, Balthier's fits, Vaan's fits... but Ashe's seems more fitting for Penello than herself. Not a big deal or anything, just something I found odd.

KtSlime

Her toes are pointed in, and she's making the "who, me?" body expression touching her nose, I think she is trying to being cute, she's got to be now that she's a young widow.

Labadal

Lot of fashion disasters in XII. Balthier had the only decent one, apart from the judges.

Larsa had decent clothes. Vossler's armor looked good enough. Vayne seemed to have appropriate clothes for an emperor. Of the main characters, I do agree, Balthier had the only decent design. Reddas is a pirate, so his style doesn't bother me. I didn't mind Cid either. Reks and Al-Cid are terrible designs. There are some other good designs like Halim Ondore, etc.

Bascially, I like many of the NPC designs with a few exceptions. I only like the design of one playable character.

Wazzy

Banned
Finally going to start XIV. I'll be buying it when I get home from work. I'll probs join the server most gaffers are on but I'll be leveling with BlueBadger.

Really hoping I like the game.

I was optimistic with this company once upon a time.

I think it was like, SEVEN YEARS AGO.

The Lightning promotion they did for XIII-2 is still hilarious to me. She has 40 minutes in a 30 hour main story and a 5 minute cameo in the 30 hours of extras... yet she was the only character in the reveal (besides Caius), she's on the front cover of everything XIII-2 related, the earliest interviews constantly made it seem like she was the main protagonist, the commercials were a minimum of 50% Lightning, there's a bunch of merchandise of her, etc. Meanwhile, Serah and Noel are nowhere to be seen and all the trailers, while they have Serah and Noel in them, are still dominated by talk about Lightning. Honestly, it's like they were terrified to admit Serah was the "official" main protagonist.

Finally going to start XIV. I'll be buying it when I get home from work. I'll probs join the server most gaffers are on but I'll be leveling with BlueBadger.

Really hoping I like the game.

Join us on Ultros! There is plenty of room for you! If you join the guild, you can ask me (K'tai) if you need any help.

No I understand, I understand completely.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

If it makes you feel any better I've been pro MonolithSoft since Soma bringer in 2008. And my Magitek Armor game will be out before XV will anyway. Bravely series is pretty much my sole tether to this shell of a company that is Square Enix. And then there's GILGAMESH. Final Fantasy's only remotely good character IMO.

Woah... I finally beat Final Fantasy XIII with 50 clocked in. I got it October last month so it took me quite a while. I liked the ending, and I thought the final boss would be ridiculously hard, but the only hard part was that it cast Doom on me.

I liked the ending, and now I want to know what happens in the other two games. Damn it.

HTupolev

Woah... I finally beat Final Fantasy XIII with 50 clocked in. I got it October last month so it took me quite a while. I liked the ending, and I thought the final boss would be ridiculously hard, but the only hard part was that it cast Doom on me.
Time limit, a few million health, boss can only be damaged while staggered. Comes after a ramp-up in difficulty through the preceding fights.

It sounds extremely tough.

But the Doom duration is fairly long, and the boss's low offensive power makes it a very... attackable enemy.

Wazzy

Banned
They open/close access to the servers periodically to sprinkle new people everywhere. The times when Ultros is open should be in the OT.

Yeah BB just got in. Unfortunately I didn't finish downloading the full game so I'll have to wait and try later.

Thanks!

Noi

I did make an alt on Ultros for a situation like this, but man I ain't about to live the double life on two servers. I spend enough time on one of them as it is!

I picked up FFXIV for about £5 out of impulse a few weeks previously and yet I've no will to try it out ever since I got into the Guild Wars 2 no-subscription master race kingdom.

Someone sell me on the game.

FFXV actually looks kinda cool. I haven't been following it closely so I don't know much other than what it looks like. I hope there is plenty of exploration.

Wazzy

Banned
I got into Ultros and I'm in the FC. AWwwwww Yisssss

Also I'm thinking of buying a little Squall mobile figure. They're cute.

Authority

Banned
Man, FFXV better show up at E3. Preferably with a launch window.

I think some fans will just explode when they see it,

The moment I get my hands on FINAL FANTASY XV and FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0, I will cry a million tears. I am going to record my unboxing for it. Take selfies with them. Sleep with the game cases by my side. Stay up till 6 am playing them. And just never let go of them.

I will fucking hug my mailwoman when she hands me over those two games…

and Ladies & Gentlemen shots fired!

pMWrLBW.png

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Final Fantasy 15 will be the victim of its own hype, much like FF13, FF12, and FF8 did before it, but probably at a higher degree since some people see it as the "saviour of Final Fantasy".

I have my own reasons for not claiming that the game will be the second coming, but at the same time, I think people should tone their expectations down for it, too.

Wazzy

Banned
Yeah I agree. While I'm obviously hoping the game turns out good, people saying it WILL be amazing are just setting themselves up for disappointment.

Top Bottom