• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

Darnit Corvo, be back soon

Anyways the Type 0 news is a big downer for those Vita owners. I was gonna get one but since it's coming out for the PS4, I'll just get it for that instead.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I think he said his ban was up in three weeks, but I forgot.

Well, I guess I can try Agito out, myself. I already played Type-0 and not too inclined to play it again. Then again, the HD remaster might take a while to develop.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
2 comments.

HD version means HD GILGAMESH.

Fantranslation basically means the DOOMTRAIN gave you a portable version you can understand.

That is all.

----------

Not even a release window? Seriously? I want to think they panicked and whipped up this announcement but that's me.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
What's the consensus on type-0?

I get a feeling it's overhyped like Bravely Default...

SougoXIII

What's the consensus on type-0?

I get a feeling it's overhyped like Bravely Default...

It's not the lord saviour of jrpg but it managed to remind me of the days where Square's JRPG was good. There are some actual thoughts put into building the world and not just because 'it's cool so it doesn't have to make sense' school of thought that goes into XIII and it's sequels.

Falk

that puzzling face
I wasn't there. That's Shota (VGO's producer) on the laptop, Sho (first chair on a lot of VGO projects/concerts) on violin.

I was stuck at home base in Boston because it's crunch time for
secret projects

p.s. Sho is amazing

Messiah

I am considering buying a 3ds for Theatrhythm and some games I missed out on like Bravely default and Kingdom Hearts 3d. Does anyone of you own a 2ds and can compare it to the 3ds? I am mainly playing Handhelds at home (don't ask :p)

braves01

Banned
3 things:

1. Roughly what levels should all my characters be before taking on Kefka's Tower? I want to be able to beat him fairly easily.

2. FFIX got hard pretty quickly or I'm missing something. At about lvl 9 just forced out of Lindblum going to Brumecia, and I feel super underleveled.

3. Best version of FFV is? I'm thinking of buying on PSN or iOS in the future but may hold out and hope the GBA version shows up on eshop if it's hands down the best.

Messiah

3 things:

3. Best version of FFV is? I'm thinking of buying on PSN or iOS in the future but may hold out and hope the GBA version shows up on eshop if it's hands down the best.
To my knowledge the GBA version is far superior, also the PSN version hast a really shitty translation.

Ultratech

I am considering buying a 3ds for Theatrhythm and some games I missed out on like Bravely default and Kingdom Hearts 3d. Does anyone of you own a 2ds and can compare it to the 3ds? I am mainly playing Handhelds at home (don't ask :p)

I have a 2DS and I like it pretty good.

If you don't care for 3D and hinges, it's pretty good.

Also pretty ergonomic.

3 things:

1. Roughly what levels should all my characters be before taking on Kefka's Tower? I want to be able to beat him fairly easily.

2. FFIX got hard pretty quickly or I'm missing something. At about lvl 9 just forced out of Lindblum going to Brumecia, and I feel super underleveled.

1. *shrug* If you want, go train in the Dinosaur Forest and get lots of levels/AP.

2. I don't know.

3. GBA for me, though if the iOS version is easier to get a hold of, grab that I suppose.

3 things:

1. 60 is probably a good level to be at, it's a pretty easy dungeon all things considered, you can Vanish Doom almost every boss and Kefka is pretty darn cake.

2. It's been awhile since I've played 9 but that does seem a tad underleveled for that. You should probably be around 15-20 I think.

3. GBA version. PSN one is based off the PS1 port which is ABSOLUTE GARBAGEO

braves01

Banned
Ok, I think I'll level some more in FFVI and hunt down the couple remaining dragons, and I'll hold off on FFV. Hopefully it comes to the eshop because I really hate how it looks on iOS. And...guess I'll grind a bit a lot outside the Dragon Gate in FFIX. :-(

Ultratech

I started Baten Kaitos again recently. Only two hours in, but I think this is further than I ever got before.

I played the first game a few years back but only got a little ways into it before I just got busy with stuff.
VA's a little off-putting at first because of how it sounds.

Picked up the 2nd game last year, but one of the discs was scratched to a point to where it wouldn't load, so I had to search around for a place to resurface it.
(Which lo and behold happened to be a newly built Movie Trading Company.)

Always wanted both games, but just haven't had a lot of time or motivation to play them.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
YOU DID ME PROUD SON.

YOU DID ME PROUD.

Now the bad news is neither has GILGAMESH. Please don't hate me for the tricksies.

The GILGAMESH stipulation is only for FF games you silly thing.

MonolithSoft games never disappoint me.

I even like Endless Frontier because why not. Haken Browning mang.

Style

Banned
So I decided to skip out on Four Job Fiesta because I have not played Final Fantasy 5 before and it is probably not a good idea to play it that way the first time. I have decided to play it through normally anyhow, but then I saw the iOS version... Why...

What is the best way to get it? Any word on the Playstation 1 version?

Tizoc

My memory of FF9 and my levels during areas is weak atm but I'm pretty sure Level 9 is hella low at that point of the game heh.
If you want to take a risk. Go to the forests near the chocobo forest and you should go up against a winged dragon. This enemy is fought later on in Burmecia, it showing up here might be a glitch but otherwise it offers decent EXP, keep fighting it to level up.

So I decided to skip out on Four Job Fiesta because I have not played Final Fantasy 5 before and it is probably not a good idea to play it that way the first time. I have decided to play it through normally anyhow, but then I saw the iOS version... Why...

What is the best way to get it? Any word on the Playstation 1 version?

Actually, the Fiesta was how I played it for the first time, and I had tons of fun.

To answer your question though, try to find a GBA cart. If you can't get one, then iOS. And if the graphics turn you off THAT much...PSX.

Xux

I just got through Gizamaluke at level 10-11 in my playthrough with no issues. And that's from doing everything in the game to my knowledge so far including getting the ten or so Blue Magic spells.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm excited for CC and I do like VII but it's kind of silly how many characters are getting represented from it.

7 in game and 2 DLC.

Give me at least Quistis, Zell or Selphie. Heck, give me Raijin plz. :(

Edit: Ahhh I'm so excited to do X-2 tracks.

Wazzy

Banned
Took me a while to figure out which game you're talking about. I read "CC" as Crisis Core.

Haha yeah I thought it might be a bit confusing. I'm just too lazy. :p

But hot damn so excited for VIII's tracks. Fire Cavern and battle theme? UNF

And the new backgrounds look great. Ahhh my nostalgia.

Jucksalbe

Banned
No, it's Crystal Chronicles

Ha, didn't think of that. Seems Final Fantasy ran out of abbreviations a while ago. Time for a new series.

Edit: On topic. I'm really looking forward to the new Theatrhythm. I loved the first one and this has so much more content. Now announce some Mystic Quest Legend DLC and I have nothing to complain about anymore.

Wazzy

Banned
*warning I'm watching trailers hence reactions*

OMG NOOOOO MY FEELS AT
ENDING THEME BEING A TRACK AHHHHH AND RAINE'S GRAVEEEE ; ;

I need this game.

Ha, didn't think of that. Seems Final Fantasy ran out of abbreviations a while ago. Time for a new series.

Edit: On topic. I'm really looking forward to the new Theatrhythm. I loved the first one and this has so much more content. Now announce some Mystic Quest Legend DLC and I have nothing to complain about anymore.

What's the difference between the old and new Theatrhythm? Never got the chance to play. Will it have all the previous content plus more?

Wazzy

Banned
What's the difference between the old and new Theatrhythm? Never got the chance to play. Will it have all the previous content plus more?
Yeah all the previous tracks and characters are returning. Only thing is that the airship tracks levels have the airship instead of the worldmap which is really cool.

Yeah all the previous tracks and characters are returning. Only thing is that the airship tracks levels have the airship instead of the worldmap which is really cool.

Sweet, glad I waited.

Speaking of Airships, favorite Final Fantasy Airship and why.

Go!

Probably, Highwind. The theme alone gets me pumped to fight Sephiroth every time. It also carries Chocobos, which is pretty rad.

Top Bottom