• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

Style

Banned
Sweet, glad I waited.

Speaking of Airships, favorite Final Fantasy Airship and why.

Go!

Probably, Highwind. The theme alone gets me pumped to fight Sephiroth every time. It also carries Chocobos, which is pretty rad.

The Lunar Whale from FFIV and Ragnarok from FFVIII is the first that comes to mind, but there are also a lot of cool airships in FFIX that I can not single out right now.

Holykael1

Banned
The FF XII airships are pretty badass, too bad we never get to do anything substantial with them.
Otherwise Highwind and Ragnarok for me.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Eternal Wings and the Lost Magius: BK is pretty awesome, the whole walk run thing is total ass though. I fight one boss for 10 minutes just to get thrown off thing. But battle system is pretty fun.

--------------

Yeah I'm really liking the details coming up for Final Fantasy Explorers, I just hope when they show the trailer it isn't lame. But so far it is sounding good. I hope by monster recruiting it means I can recruit GILGAMESH. Because that would be awesome. And the devs act like it's MH+XI/XIV(a lite version) so we'll see.

Wazzy

Banned
This thread being on page 3 hurts.

I saw the Dissidia Squall statue at a store in a local mall and it was $60. I'll probs end up buying it but god it's such an awful pose and why his waist is so thin is beyond me.

Style

Banned
This thread being on page 3 hurts.

I saw the Dissidia Squall statue at a store in a local mall and it was $60. I'll probs end up buying it but god it's such an awful pose and why his waist is so thin is beyond me.

This thread is moving so slow compared to the others that I am subscribed to. Googled the figure you are talking about and that is indeed a thin waist. Those impossible media beauty standards...

In other news, Square Enix Online Store is doing a little promotion:

BqiTSoeCMAAsuD5.png:large

That lanyard is nice, but $200 seems like a bit too much.

Wazzy

Banned
This thread is moving so slow compared to the others that I am subscribed to. Googled the figure you are talking about and that is indeed a thin waist. Those impossible media beauty standards...

In other news, Square Enix Online Store is doing a little promotion:

BqiTSoeCMAAsuD5.png:large

That lanyard is nice, but $200 seems like a bit too much.

Yeah it's a really weird figure. I mean, I know he's weirdly skinny in Dissidia but the ultra thin waist and pose for the figure looks dumb. Especially since Squall is a lot more built in VIII.

$200 is ridiculous. I want it but no way I want to spend that much, especially since everything I want on there isn't that expensive.

Style

Banned
Yeah it's a really weird figure. I mean, I know he's weirdly skinny in Dissidia but the ultra thin waist and pose for the figure looks dumb. Especially since Squall is a lot more built in VIII.

$200 is ridiculous. I want it but no way I want to spend that much, especially since everything I want on there isn't that expensive.

The figure is most likely influenced by Nomura's modern design:

ibosjLpwmniW1I.png
ibrPGEv8UMHe6J.png

Golnei

At least he's got healthier proportions in his Kingdom Hearts appearance. Hopefully they don't shrink him down again in KH3...

Wazzy

Banned
The figure is most likely influenced by Nomura's modern design:

ibosjLpwmniW1I.png
ibrPGEv8UMHe6J.png
Oh it's definitely based off the dissidia design. I just never understood why he became so skinny in the series. He might be 17 but that's still an age were many teenagers look much older and him being at a military school explains why he is built. It's also funny because his amazon design is thicker too which is what the dissidia one is partially based off.
At least he's got healthier proportions in his Kingdom Hearts appearance. Hopefully they don't shrink him down again in KH3...
Yeah his KH appearances are pretty good minus the long hair and overkill belts.

Golnei

"Fun to drive again" is probably the most hilariously pathetic slogan I've heard in a while. It just sounds so desperate...

Noi

It's missing an "It's" or something to make the message stand out more. Whatever, it's English for japanese people so its cool anyway. V:

Jucksalbe

Banned
There really isn't much to discuss at this period of time is there?

I would argue it's quite the opposite. There's plenty of new FF stuff that has its own thread at the moment (FFT-0 HD, FF Explorers, Theatrhythm:CC), the Job Fiesta is active right now for classic FF and there's even a new FF7 remake thread.
It just means discussion happens elsewhere right now.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I told you guys that I had good feeling type-0 will be overhyped like Bravely Default

I told you so

And to think people liked FFXIII more than type-0

Holykael1

Banned
I told you guys that I had good feeling type-0 will be overhyped like Bravely Default

I told you so

It's overhyped because of the equally exaggerated XIII hate. It's supposed to be "the savior" of final fantasy after 13 being the worst game of last generation or something.

I told you so

Eh, right now people are quite upset about the whole no-Vita version (that thread was pretty positive up until that news hit). We'll see when it actually comes out.

It's overhyped because of the equally exaggerated XIII hate. It's supposed to be "the savior" of final fantasy after 13 being the worst game of last generation or something.

Every new FF is the savior. People are actually preemptively hating XV this time around.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Eh, right now people are quite upset about the whole no-Vita version. We'll see when it actually comes out.

That's not the point. A bad game is a bad game, no matter what system it will be on.

A lot have complained about (no spoilers, but just spoilering to be safe)
the story (a mess), gameplay (repetitive), character development (there's not much character development with the other characters), level progression (not shared experience), and the rushed segments.

That's not the point. A bad game is a bad game, no matter what system it will be on.

A lot have complained about (no spoilers, but just spoilering to be safe)
the story (a mess), gameplay (repetitive), character development (there's not much character development with the other characters), level progression (not shared experience), and the rushed segments.

Maybe I haven't hung around enough Type 0 threads, then.

ULTROS!

Blame it on SE for being so shitty this E3. :(

But still, no shared experience. What is this? 1990?

Falk

that puzzling face
So, Curtain Call is about to become my 2nd 3DS game, which means it's my 2nd Nintendo system game ever.

I'm actually thinking of picking up FE:A prior to that just so it doesn't sound as bad.

In fact considering I'll be at Anime Expo for ~4-5 days I think that's a pretty good idea. D:

Holykael1

Banned
So Curtain Call is exciting as hell. I wish I had a 3ds.
I could save up to buy one but the SMT IV debacle got me really sour on the whole thing, I want to avoid having to buy digital things on it as much as possible because once the 3ds breaks, those games are gone forever, already got past AA5 by borrowing a friend's 3DS.. I kinda want to import a NA one but it's gonna be a pain in the ass to wait for every single game to arrive and whatnot so I'm waiting for some kind of breakthrough in the hacking scene so I can play import games on an European one or I'll have wait for it to get cheaper.

Jucksalbe

Banned
You forgot the /beardstroke part.

(I do need to work on delivering humorous quasi-passive-aggressive satire :( )

Sorry, as a beardless fellow I'm not that good at picking up the subtleties of beardstroking gestures.

I kinda want to import a NA one but it's gonna be a pain in the ass to wait for every single game to arrive and whatnot so I'm waiting for some kind of breakthrough in the hacking scene so I can play import games on an European one or I'll have wait for it to get cheaper.

I imported mine, the waiting time isn't usually that long (ordering from Videogamesplus), but there's always the chance of customs picking up your order and you rarely have the chance to get stuff on sale. I have a lot less 3DS games than I have DS games simply because I can't pick up cheap games on a whim.
Or, of course, you could buy your games from the eShop which elminates the whole importing procedure.

Holykael1

Banned
I imported mine, the waiting time isn't usually that long (ordering from Videogamesplus), but there's always the chance of customs picking up your order and you rarely have the chance to get stuff on sale. I have a lot less 3DS games than I have DS games simply because I can't pick up cheap games on a whim.
Or, of course, you could buy your games from the eShop which elminates the whole importing procedure.

Well VGP marks down prices so customs isn't an issue. That's my plan but I don't want a 3DS enough atm to go through the hassle of importing the system and then buy game by game and wait 2 weeks or more for each to arrive and since I don't have a huge budget it just doesn't compensate to do that.
Avoiding digital purchases is exactly the reason why I would import a NA one xD

Jucksalbe

Banned
Marked down prices only decrease the probability of it being picked up by customs. At least the German customs office isn't always that dumb to believe what they print on the envelope. Though I think they only picked up about 20-30% of my packages.
Delivery time can be as low as 3 days (to Germany), but I also already had to wait more than 2 weeks, so you never know.

I imported my 3DS at launch because of how many stuff didn't leave the US on the DS. By now I'm not so sure if it's even worth the hassle to import one. The difference is not as big this time.

Messiah

You didn't know? They are using more region locks than ever. Now their handheld is region locked, too (since the DSi).

Sorry for offtopic, but can I play for example british games with a german 3ds? Or are they countrylocked? I assume you can't usually change the language in the games?
I wanted to get one soonish :\

I was too lazy to google this. Don't hate on me.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Same as always, PAL region, NTSC region, NTSC-J region. There's no lock per country.

Edit: To be clear: Yes, you can play UK games on a German 3DS.

Messiah

Same as always, PAL region, NTSC region, NTSC-J region. There's no lock per country.

Edit: To be clear: Yes, you can play UK games on a German 3DS.
Okay, thanks. Back to topic, nothing to see here.

In other news: I started FFIII recently and enjoy it quite a lot. Played it on the DS before, but it didn't really click with me. I hope we will see the Job system again in a Singleplayer Final Fantasy, I really love it.

Jucksalbe

Banned
No. I always thought it was pretty mediocre anyway?

Eh, well the Final Fantasy III remake is also considered mediocre by many.

I enjoyed it*, it's a bit different and unusual, but it's a good game. And it has a job crown system, like you wanted. You should at least take a look.

*dislaimer: Like a lot of my games, I haven't yet finished it, though.

Messiah

Eh, well the Final Fantasy III remake is also considered mediocre by many.

I enjoyed it*, it's a bit different and unusual, but it's a good game. And it has a job crown system, like you wanted. You should at least take a look.

*dislaimer: Like a lot of my games, I haven't yet finished it, though.

Yeah, I only play FFIII while watching streams in windowed mode. The main reason I am playing it is the lack of Final Fantasys on PC and my thirst to play a Final Fantasy. It is my least favourite of the ones I've played.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm working on some updates for Final Fantasy VIII's anniversary thread for when I bump it in September.

Gonna add some hidden dialogue, cameo's and other neat tidbits.
Must be the lack of Corvo.

Yeah he always makes the thread thrive.

I'll try my best to keep it going until he's back.

Top Bottom