• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

Wazzy

Banned
Favourite summon is Bahamut from Final Fantasy VIII. I also really like Cerberus and Carbuncle.

Also I just saw the towers are a 100 floors and how they work and my reaction was:

3G8vSYO.gif

I think it's a tie between Ark from IX because summoning a huge ship that DESTROYS your enemies is fun, Doomtrain from VIII because he's the Dooooooooooooomtrain and Cactuar King from the same game because Final Fantasy always needs more cactuars.

Levyne

Banned
I always kind of liked Valefor. Wish there were more incarnations of her. I guess the idea of something not so big or imposing as Anima, Bahamut, Alexander is appealing. Dialed back a bit, not overdesigned. If that makes sense.

Though Bahamut is pretty awesome.

CorvoSol

Favourite summon is Bahamut from Final Fantasy VIII. I also really like Cerberus and Carbuncle.

Also I just saw the towers are a 100 floors and how they work and my reaction was:

3G8vSYO.gif

I believe I DID mention this. The four job classes aren't worth the bullshit to get even one of them.

Yesterday I played about 17 mins of FF8, I'm surprised at how early the game let's you go out to the world map.

Anyway here's what I grasp about the Junction and Draw systems:
So, you draw magic from enemies and it's yours to keep or use in the junction system right? In the Junction system, you choose Guardian Forces and those Guardian Forces open up some stats for you to upgrade and you upgrade by using the Drawn magic. I think that's about right but do GFs level up too? How does leveling them up help?

Falk

that puzzling face
Yes. And GFs essentially get AP which unlocks abilities which benefit the person they're junctioned to.

Yes. And GFs essentially get AP which unlocks abilities which benefit the person they're junctioned to.
So that's it? lol, it's not even that hard to understand then. I thought I was missing something because of how many complaints I heard about Junction being complex.

Falk

that puzzling face
When you have close to 504352 GFs and have to play sudoku as to how to get the most out of them on your party including subs, yes it gets needlessly complex.

Also it breaks the game hilariously but you already knew that. :V

Wazzy

Banned
I believe I DID mention this. The four job classes aren't worth the bullshit to get even one of them.

Yeah I just had to see how they were personally lol but no way I'm bothering with them right now. Maybe when I'm done my backlog I'll come back and try them out.

Golnei

This is a bit off topic... But seriously, wtf at Lightning's "THUUUNDAGAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" line? While I certainly think Duodecim's VA direction is better that Dissidia's, that line is just... what? I think that it's the fact that it doesn't even sound much like Hillis that throws me off.

I had forgotten about that! It was really hilarious the first time I heard it with no warning.

As far as it not sounding like Hillis goes, although it doesn't sound anything like Lightning, I could imagine Palutena saying it.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Should I be ashamed that I play replay FFVIII for the story and music?

iosefe

Clearance sale alert for Aventura FL at a beat buy. FFX HD Vita physical is listed as 23.99, but when They rung it up, it was 23.53 total

Coincidentally, my first physical vita game

also, if anyone wants the SQEX Members code that came with, just let me know. not really sure what they're for

CorvoSol

CorvoSol

So outside the dream world that's a no?

I don't recall there ever being another instance in which you use Magitek Armor. Those are the only two times its available. Sabin steals some in his quest, but you don't use it in battle from what I recall.

But her wearing the slave crown is irrelevant to her abilities since she can use them without the slave crown in Cyan's dream. Terra's abilities in that dream would not be a construct of Cyan's subconscious because Cyan never saw her fight in one. The armor itself is, but Terra's ability to pilot it is not.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I don't recall there ever being another instance in which you use Magitek Armor. Those are the only two times its available. Sabin steals some in his quest, but you don't use it in battle from what I recall.

But her wearing the slave crown is irrelevant to her abilities since she can use them without the slave crown in Cyan's dream. Terra's abilities in that dream would not be a construct of Cyan's subconscious because Cyan never saw her fight in one. The armor itself is, but Terra's ability to pilot it is not.

Makes sense. I have to assume time with the slave crown hardwired the knowhow of using magitek into her brain.

Actually they do use it in battle, but they don't have Tek Missiles and all that fancy stuff.

They can only use basic beams.

CorvoSol

Makes sense. I have to assume time with the slave crown hardwired the knowhow of using magitek into her brain.

I dunno. The game makes it sound like being under the Slave Crown hinders her more than helps her. It makes her obedient and eliminates her emotions, but judging from the convo after it comes off its not exactly good for the brain.

I assume that the reason she's good is because 1) She was raised to do it. Terra probably has more experience operating one than even Celes since she was in imperial custody most of her life and 2) she's half-Esper and the machine runs on Espers.

Actually they do use it in battle, but they don't have Tek Missiles and all that fancy stuff.

They can only use basic beams.

Right, because Terra's the only one with access to that jazz.

Top Bottom