• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

braves01

Banned
Tellah predates Galuf.

And Ricard, Josef and Minwu all predate Tellah.

It's been so long since I played IV, I forgot about that one, lol.

And let's be real, I-III don't really count....not until I play them at least. It is funny now that Krile is one of my tanks doing 1000+ damage despite being a little girl.

iosefe

Time for another round of "Rename that Aeon!"

Today's Aeon is a firy beast. Abd remember, 8 character limit, first to respond gets kudos

Jucksalbe

Banned
Hmm....I wanted to wait until I have a PS4 to go back to the game, but now I kinda want to check it out. When is that Gold Saucer update coming?

iosefe

Looking for Kimahri expert sphere grid suggestions. Right now, I'm planning him as a mage. I got him cure and some mana, and will send him down lulu's path for a bit. I'm still near the center though, so I can change easy

Falk

that puzzling face
Actually you shouldn't really backtrack ever through the main storyline levelling, since every subsequent level goes up in XP required and backtracking means that character simply ends up behind the curve till endgame when the curve plateaus.

iosefe

Actually you shouldn't really backtrack ever through the main storyline levelling, since every subsequent level goes up in XP required and backtracking means that character simply ends up behind the curve till endgame when the curve plateaus.
so....I've wasted 4 ish for tidus. Whoops. Kimahri is I think two nodes from the lock to rikku's ESG path

Falk

that puzzling face
Against all valid machinations of common sense I decided to return to platinum FFX-2 in a period of time where I'm likely to be swamped with crunch at a moments notice.

You know what's worse than trying to follow a guide for 100% story in FFX-2? Trying to follow one after taking a break for months right smack in the middle of Chapter 5 with a whole bunch of half-done Episode Completes in varying stages of almost-ness.

I feel my scalp pushing out new hairs just so they can fall off.

edit: I'm so not going to get 100% this playthrough. I just feel it. Should plan something awesome/ludicrous ahead of time on the small chance that I actually do hit it.

p4yiEVtl.jpg

Holy shit.

(p.s. the crunch is real though)

Falk

that puzzling face
Isn't getting 100% in X-2 a notorious pain in the ass? Like you have to wait for people to walk into specific positions and stuff like that?

No, but it does require a Ph.D

A Ph.D in following a guide to the letter and tearing your hair out when the % doesn't match up. Internally it increments by fractions of an integer but save files/UI only show the integer, so you don't know if you're on track until the guide shows a XX.0%. At which point you panic because you see 1 less percent and start reloading older saves trying to figure out where shit went wrong.

And you're afraid to skip cutscenes (as in, press X to advance dialogue, not actually skip them) because you're paranoid it'll not count to percentage somehow. It's actually the case in a few instances of listening to an old man ramble, and paranoia for the rest of the game spreads from there.

Levyne

Banned
No, but it does require a Ph.D

A Ph.D in following a guide to the letter and tearing your hair out when the % doesn't match up. Internally it increments by fractions of an integer but save files/UI only show the integer, so you don't know if you're on track until the guide shows a XX.0%. At which point you panic because you see 1 less percent and start reloading older saves trying to figure out where shit went wrong.

And you're afraid to skip cutscenes (as in, press X to advance dialogue, not actually skip them) because you're paranoid it'll not count to percentage somehow. It's actually the case in a few instances of listening to an old man ramble, and paranoia for the rest of the game spreads from there.

Especially bad when you realize you might have to redo chapter fucking 4

iosefe

the Al Bhed blitzball team makes me so mad. i could handle the Ronsos, but god....the most i could do was tie with the Psyches

Falk

that puzzling face
If you really want to get into Blitzball, play exhibition matches till Nimrook's term is up (save 1 game before) and poach him.

Mono

Holy hell, have you guys seen this demake summary of Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2? Huge spoilers from both games if you haven't played them yet!

I am loving the FFVI style and chip tunes!

iosefe

Good advice, Falk. Gracias. Long time till I can do that though

Anyway, time to get creative again! It's Round 3 of "GAF Names my Aeons!"

Today's Aeon is Ixion. Remember, kids, first response, 8 character limit.

Top Bottom