• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

wmlk

Sure it is. You're not salty at all.

Allow me to reiterate it, though.

I'm not salty at all. You can literally summarize any story with strawman sentences. It's never a fair representation to any story.

I didn't need the whole shpeel you did this time. You can think whatever you want about the game.

CorvoSol

I'm not salty at all. You can literally summarize any story with strawman sentences. It's never a fair representation to any story.

I didn't need the whole shpeel you did this time. You can think whatever you want about the game.

When did I ever strawman? The game's opening is cliche. Extremely cliche. Having your hometown burn to the ground is RPG cliche #1.

If you want to jump on people's criticism of it, whatever, but at least have something better to say than "literally the worst." Sorry I dared speak ill of your video game with terrible localization and an extremely cliche opening.

wmlk

When did I ever strawman? The game's opening is cliche. Extremely cliche. Having your hometown burn to the ground is RPG cliche #1.

If you want to jump on people's criticism of it, whatever, but at least have something better to say than "literally the worst." Sorry I dared speak ill of your video game with terrible localization and an extremely cliche opening.

It's okay. No harm done.

Style

Banned
Amano only does good art when he draws girls. Or GILGAMESH. He mostly draws girls though. Even most of the men look like girls.

GILGAMESH has the best art though.

i9xfyEQjQF90g.png

iFuf64jmvWMcI.png

iD0wTIyBnPXfd.png

iioAhaLaw2Tw1.png

iQpjpqRpgXloN.png

Hmm?

Style

Banned
But that's basically all of Amano's stuff.
Joking!
iWYk08V1JglEH.gif

Yeeeeeeeeeeeep. That said, it could be kinda neat, if they really go for it and rep enough of the series and not just "By FF we mean 7, 8, and 10" the way Kingdom Hearts rolls.
iU49r6xxlAuR9.jpg

Well Onion Knight from Final Fantasy III is there, so I think they are trying to represent all entries.

Wazzy

Banned

Mono

What a tease.

I'll probably get it at some point. In other news, if they did FF7 proper in that engine it would be great. imo

They need to stop doing these kinds of things to FF7 and then never remake it. :(

That looks really good, though! It'll probably be DLC.

Mono

FF XIII-2, but I didn't know I had to purchase DLC to get the whole story. Fuck that, I just read what happened in Lightning's DLC.

I don't even remember XIII-2's ending; it must have been insignificant. I liked the game, though!

Oh yeah it's dumb.

I thought you meant VIII and I was like "but VIII's ending is so good :("

I think FFVIII's ending is my favorite! X is also up there. A lot of FF endings are just bizarre, but VIII's was really satisfying!

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I hope they add in all the cut content otherwise I see little reason to pump $60 or more into a game I've already played 50 times.

Falk

that puzzling face
Trophies.

Trophies make everything worth replaying.

Heck SEGA added trophies to the shitty Sonic Adventure port on Steam and I'm scrambling to find time to get all of them.

Please send help.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Trophies.

Trophies make everything worth replaying.

Heck SEGA added trophies to the shitty Sonic Adventure port on Steam and I'm scrambling to find time to get all of them.

Please send help.

I think you are already lost with this trophy nonsense.

------------------

So Corvo, any thoughts on FF Explorers?

Wazzy

Banned
I don't even remember XIII-2's ending; it must have been insignificant. I liked the game, though!

I think FFVIII's ending is my favorite! X is also up there. A lot of FF endings are just bizarre, but VIII's was really satisfying!

Right? I just love how VIII's ending is so emotional. You've got your slightly sad moments that still end up happy(Laguna at Raines grave and Seifer more than likely not allowed into Garden) and the music that plays throughout the whole thing is fantastic. The camera ending part and it's lead into the kiss makes me :') every time.

Mono

You guys are making me nervous! I'm only at the Temple of Fire and but I love Bravely Default so far! I didn't like the job systems in FFIII and FFV, so I'm surprised I love the one in BD so much.

Right? I just love how VIII's ending is so emotional. You've got your slightly sad moments that still end up happy(Laguna at Raines grave and Seifer more than likely not allowed into Garden) and the music that plays throughout the whole thing is fantastic. The camera ending part and it's lead into the kiss makes me :') every time.

Aaa yes! It was very bittersweet, and wrapped up the game nicely!

I think I'm gaining more of an appreciation for Nubou Umetsu's work. Don't know what it is, but this last listen through of VII's soundtrack was much more enjoyable than the last time.

Mono

Omg, have you guys seen this?

Right when I move out of London, of course. :(

A new recording. A new experience.
A New World: intimate music from FINAL FANTASY
Live in London

Available soon at ffnewworld.com

From AWR Music Productions, producers of the internationally acclaimed concert tour Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY, comes an entirely new FINAL FANTASY musical experience: A New World: intimate music from FINAL FANTASY, Live in London.

The 2014 full length release Live in London captures the premiere performances of this revelatory musical journey. With over 60 minutes of music and a virtually all-new repertoire full of surprises, excitement and beauty, A New World delivers a bold and captivating program for FINAL FANTASY music lovers. Using small groups of instrumentalists, these pieces bring the listener inside the music, laying bare all the detail and richness in these musical treasures.

Recorded at LSO St. Luke’s by Abbey Road Studios Mobile in 24 bit, 96 khz resolution, this high definition audio recording features stellar performances by an ensemble of world-class musicians, including the Schallplattenkritik Award-nominated Navarra String Quartet, Steinway Piano Competition-winner Benyamin Nuss (well known to FINAL FANTASY fans for his performances as part of the Distant Worlds concerts and his solo recording of Uematsu compositions), conductor and violinist Arnie Roth, and composer and keyboard soloist Nobuo Uematsu.

Falk

that puzzling face
Holy cow, I know of the small-format DW:FF production but not the album.

Top-tier musicians. Benyamin is godly.

CorvoSol

You guys are making me nervous! I'm only at the Temple of Fire and but I love Bravely Default so far! I didn't like the job systems in FFIII and FFV, so I'm surprised I love the one in BD so much.

For the foreseeable future you have only good things to look forward to. The Earth Crystal Quest is probably the best part of the entire game. Please let the thread know when you reach Chapter 5, though, because we will have advice on how to avoid unnecessary pain.

Mono

For the foreseeable future you have only good things to look forward to. The Earth Crystal Quest is probably the best part of the entire game. Please let the thread know when you reach Chapter 5, though, because we will have advice on how to avoid unnecessary pain.

Oh, good! Will do!

Even if the second half of the game is terrible, I love the first half and definitely got my money's worth already! BD does the job system well in that it deosn't penalize you for wanting to switch your party around to try out new jobs!

And, of course, the random encounter and experience setting! I've been so spoiled by this; I recently finished replaying FFVII and it felt like there was a random battle every two feet when I really didn't want them. :X

Top Bottom