• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

Style

Banned
It seemed like they wanted to mix character designs together so that they gave tribute the other characters. Squall/Laguna and Cloud/Vincent being the obvious design choices.
Oh yeah, now that you mention it he does look like Laguna a bit. Still a bit too excessive with the belts, but I guess that's just how Nomura designs now. Leon is probably the one I like the most of them though.
Groovy!

Falk

that puzzling face
So as to not clutter up the TGS trailer thread, here

https://www.facebook.com/VGOOnline/posts/10152719091975761

Possibly the hardest I've ever had to restrain myself w.r.t. NDAs :V

10580968_10152671868435761_2904050919898120358_o.jpg

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, you've probably seen me post enough to not take my posts a hundred percent seriously with regards to whether I know stuff or not.

especially when i post with no caps or punctuation

Mono

I only played 2 hours of FF2, I started grinding up the weapon levels on everyone (or whatever the mechanic was) and then got bored and never went back to it >_>

The plot is a lot of fun if you can stand the weapon system! FF2 is one of my favorites!

Xux

Oh yeah, now that you mention it he does look like Laguna a bit. Still a bit too excessive with the belts, but I guess that's just how Nomura designs now. Leon is probably the one I like the most of them though.

Groovy!
Now? I don't think he's done anything that excessive with belts in, like, twelve years.

Wazzy

Banned
...why wouldn't that be the right product lol

I'm brain dead this morning so I was confused by the three options on Amazon lmao

There's one that cost $49, one with the white cover and then the one I ordered. Anyways now I know it's okay heh thanks

I finally beat this duo a moment ago, yay! I was grinding the Colliseum for 2 hours gaining levels and HP/ MP and it was *still* not enough. The big problem was:

I had only one healer.

So I changed the Dragoon who was pretty much useless (Jump is too slow) to a Dancer because I thought my Dancer had the Slow Waltz (nope, she did not). Anyway even a useless Dancer with White Magic LVL7 equipped (Curaga) as my 2nd Healer/ Haster was enough for what I needed.

2 Curagas in one turn, every turn (even if I lost only 1000 HP on only one char) and I managed to send those two fuckers flying. Without Doublecast which I still do not have :(

Love my Ninja attacking 4 times in a row <3 too bad he died in the last turn before victory :'( such sacrifice.

@Falk, how is your progress in FF: Dimensions?

Heropon

So how's everybody liking Curtain Call? Between it and the Smash Demo I can't keep my 3DS on long enough, hahaha.

Curtain Call was perfect for me to stop playing the demo. I was getting pretty good with Link, too bad for him that I'll betray him as soon as I can with his shorter clone. About CC, I love how many songs it has except for the Advent Children remixes, they can go to hell.

CorvoSol

Curtain Call was perfect for me to stop playing the demo. I was getting pretty good with Link, too bad for him that I'll betray him as soon as I can with his shorter clone. About CC, I love how many songs it has except for the Advent Children remixes, they can go to hell.

The only complaints I have with Curtain Call are 1) Not nearly enough Mystic Quest songs and 2) I miss the old EMS stages. Noi says that those stages are likely gone to make space for all the new content, which I guess I can see, but I'd still rather be doing an EMS for FF6 than Lightning Returns.

Heropon

The only complaints I have with Curtain Call are 1) Not nearly enough Mystic Quest songs and 2) I miss the old EMS stages. Noi says that those stages are likely gone to make space for all the new content, which I guess I can see, but I'd still rather be doing an EMS for FF6 than Lightning Returns.

Mystic Quest needs at least the Doom Castle theme. Where is it? Dammit! About the EMS, I don't miss those but if I had liked them in the first place I'd definitely prefer the old ones from the mainline games to the spinoff galore that we have now.

I've played against a random dude who only chose XIII saga songs but the game always selected the song I wanted even when we both chose Blinded by Light. One of those songs was the Mystic Quest boss battle theme, a masterpiece.

Edit: The BEST thing is how song aren't cut at the best part. That really is a gamechanger.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

EMS stages barring the Lightning ones are short as hell. Totally no bias there.

--------------------

TGS only got me hyped for Bravely Second and FF Explorers. Music is kinda lame for BS though. Going from Revo to Supercell was a downgrade. The battle music is just too tame and calm.

Style

Banned
TGS this year was a lot better than E3. So excited to see the new FFXV trailer and Type-0 looks amazing too. Square Enix had a strong lineup.

Tizoc

Yo WTF, did they remove the usage of Items such as Rydia's Rod in the NDS/iOS ver. of FF4? Cuz I swear you could use items like that...

CorvoSol

TGS this year was a lot better than E3. So excited to see the new FFXV trailer and Type-0 looks amazing too. Square Enix had a strong lineup.

I really dont know where i stand on this, Type-0 on a console will be unusual, and I am so on the fence about XV.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

Honestly wasn't impressed at all.

Remastered up port of a PSP game from 3 years ago that should have been localized on the market already, a game that looks like a pretty road trip and wants to basically mix Xenoblade with KH along wanting to be CG the whole way which just means a moneypit of a game. Which I'll be able to play Xeno X first anyway. Moving on you have a couple handheld games I might like but could easily be miffed about with Bravely Second and FF Explorers. Besides that you have a steam service for games I either don't care about or games I've already played. And I hate Tablets anyway so bleh. KH remakes of another set of games doesn't appeal to me either.

And a majority of new titles were mobile games for mobile platforms and maybe Vita(mobile ports).

DQ Heroes was pretty neat though.

Guess my main complaint is over-reliance on flagship franchises.

So I liked a prettier PSP game I've played 50+ times that would work as a Musou and won't be adding in the cut content it does have. Cut out multiplayer too. So who knows how you get spells like Ultima now.

I like Omega Force and any game similar to their Musou games.

And I am willing to give the 3DS games a try.

Other then that pretty meh. Besides GILGAMESH wasn't in a single trailer. Pitiful.

GRUMP GRUMP

I'm not saying it's all bad, but I reiterate that I want to see more then mobile games and their flagships. Or just give me VP3. Thanks.

------------------------------

Playing Curtain Call on Ultimate absolutely wrecks me.

Xux

I thought FFXV and Type-0 looked pretty amazing. I neat to look up Explorers and Bravely Second but they sound pretty cool.

Kuja9001

Banned
First post in the community, please be kind...But I've just finished this game for the first time and this is my vision in regards to Final Fantasy IX's
final boss
, it might help people see that in a better way @_@:
I don't really think Necron is completely bullshit... at least not the way I saw it...If Necron wasn't there for the party to beat, the world would be over the moment Kuja destroyed the crystal...
There were two things that had to happen so the world would end:
1 destroy the crystal, 2: let the "darkness of the world" do the job.
By stopping the second they let the world continue, even though the first thing happened =/

Had the party managed to defeat Kuja before he destroyed the crystal, they would still need to handle the destruction of the portal to memoria and the Iifa tree, and if they stayed there to destroy it the whole party would die, since I don't really think anyone there could destroy it alone, like Kuja did.

I say this because they told us that Kuja would die when Zidane managed to be stronger than him, and that never happened in the game, Kuja is the only final boss that never got beaten by the heroes, and him being alive made it possible for the party to come back home safely(well, most of it), the moment Zidane surpassed that strenght Kuja would die(and yeah, I do know this might mean I think he was alive at the end of the game... or that the fight against necron made Zidane that stronger, I like to believe the former because if his lifespan is that short, then you'd have to believe zidane will die at 24 too, and that's kinda sad D: )

At least that's how I see things so I don't think that game got screwed up, if we beat Kuja someone would have a tragic death so the world wouldn't be covered in mist forever, if there wasn't a chance to beat Necron the world would be over. Either way, we'd never see Vivi's adorable sons, or zidane coming back or any happy ending whatsoever.

The fear of death made Kuja destroy the world, the fear of death made Terra absorve Gaia so their inhabitants would live... I you look that way, that was the game's villain all the time: that's what Necron is, they just didn't explain/translated it so well, hell, if Kuja didn't know 'bout zidane and how he wold be over, i don't think he would've made all that mess, he was just Garland's puppet after all, thats why zidane came back in the end =/

As to why they even got a chance to beat that force instead of just ending the world, well, that's the part where I have to say "well, it's a game, ya'know" D:

But that might be just my wishful thinking since i think this game is amazing and told a story way better than any FF i've ever played =/(i still have to play 1-6), if that helps you sleep at night as it does for me, you're welcome ^^~~

About the game itself, i think everyone should play it, and it's really sad we'll never see a steam version or a remake of it... I can't really stand why people talk more about FF7 or 8 and forget this mastepiece i-i

That's a lot of text but
the crystal was never I repeat never destroyed or
harmed in anyway.

ST2K

Playing Curtain Call on Ultimate absolutely wrecks me.

You aren't the only one. It seems harder than I recall.

Anyone follow Vita game prices? I've been looking at getting FFX HD for a bit now and I'm wondering if this is the type of thing that will drop in price or just go out of print completely.

FF Dimensions is such a good game, I love it.

Yeah it's a criminally underrated game. Fantastic little yet 50+ hour long title.

As a matter of fact I've finally beaten Dimensions, today! Killed this guy as well and picked the Katana (117ATK) as my prize:

omega_weapon33f6l.png

My end game Party:

partyrff32.png

1) BORYS - PALADIN

WARRIOR LVL20
PALADIN LVL20
MONK LVL14

My Paladin always go first in the battle (Auto-Haste) in order to cast Mighty Wall (Bravery, Protect, Shell) ASAP. In the next rounds he always Double Attacks for massive damage. I was heavily surprised he outdamages my Ninja.

::BATTLE ARTS (for Double Attack)
::DOUBLEHAND (Shields are useless anyway)

F-Abilities:
- Magic Missile
- Mighty Wall

EQUIPMENT:
W: Earthbreaker (Axe, ATK120)
A: Grand Helm
A: Maximilian
A: Hermes' Sandals (Auto-Haste)

ONE ROUND DAMAGE: 6-8k

2) ALBA - DANCER

WHITE MAGE LVL20
DANCER LVL20
RED MAGE LVL4

My second Healer. Doesn't know Holy or Arise. Why Dancer? Because of the Speed bonus. In the first round - if there is no need to cast Curaga - she always casts Haste on my main Healer.

::WHITE MAGIC LVL7
::MND+20%
::HP+20%

F-Abilities:
- Magic Bomb

EQUIPMENT:
W: Yoichi Bow (for SPD)
A: Royal Crown
A: Brave Suit
A: Crystal Bangle

ONE ROUND DAMAGE: 0
ONE ROUND HEALING: 1900 HP to ALL (Curaga)

3) NACHT - NINJA

WARRIOR LVL20
NINJA LVL20

I have to have a second attacker so here he is. Until my Paladin learned Doublehand, the Ninja was the main killer in my group. Always attacks 4 times in a row using Double Attack. The Restoratilve Pill (heal 60% of HP) skill is a life saver sometimes.

::BATTLE ARTS for DOUBLE ATTACK
::COUNTER

F-Abilities:
- none

EQUIPMENT:
W: Murakumo (Katana, ATK105)
W: Wing Edge (Boomerang, ATK107)
A: Glass Mask
A: Valkyrie Coat
A: Protect Bangle (Auto-Protect)

ONE ROUND DAMAGE: 4-5k

4) ABLA - SEER

WHITE MAGE LVL20
SEER LVL20
RED MAGE LVL13

My main Healer. Never runs out of MP and is auto-protected and auto-shelled for the whole battle. Arise is a wonderful spell as well. Very rarely casts Holy on bosses.

::MENTAL DISCIPLINE (MP cost 50%)
::MND+20%
::HP+20%

F-Abilities:
- Magic Missile

EQUIPMENT:
W: Zeus Mace (Staff)
A: Cat Ear Hood
A: Rainbow Robe
A: Miracle Shoes (AUto-Regen, Auto-Protect, Auto-Shell)

ONE ROUND DAMAGE: 4-5k (Holy)
ONE ROUND HEALING: 3000 HP to ALL (Curaga)

5) SARAH - BLACK MAGE

BLACK MAGE LVL20
RED MAGE LVL20
BARD LVL14

Ah... the Nuker. Cannot imagine beating the game without her. Doublecasting Comet means dealing 10k damage in one round.

::MAGIC FONT (Spellpower +50%)
::DOUBLECAST

F-Abilities:
- Magic Missile
- Magic Bomb 2

EQUIPMENT:
W: Stardust Rod
A: Sage's Hat
A: Sage's Robe
A: Crystal Bangle

ONE ROUND DAMAGE: 9-11k (!!!)

Overall one round damage: 21k (!). Overall one round healing: 5k for all.

As you can see above I know shitty F-Abilities (no Full Cure, Final Heaven etc.), don't have a single Magus (no Ultima, Meteor) nor does my main Healer know Doublecast. The game was perfectly balanced for the whole time. Bosses hit hard as trucks and required perfect gameplay and NO mistakes in inputting commands.

I loved this scene in the ending:

finished_026niei.png

Here's hoping for FF Dimensions 2: The Great Adventure of Alba & Sergio!

Neo Exdeath and Ultimecia still have best final boss design.

Can't decide if this or FF4 TAY Creator is worse.

He has 3 forms, just like Bhunivelze in FF13-3. BTW you've seen his least repulsive form. WTF were they thinking:

lb_01u6p3b.png

lb_02onoz4.png

lb_0333pzo.png

Someone tried to rip-off Amano, lol.

Ok completely my fault but I just spoiled myself for clicking that image lmao
Chaos
Elgo?
wonder how the fuck that happens

Well it happens. It was a WTF surprise for me as well. BTW I specifically posted that pic as a link and even named it "last boss" instead of "the name" and you still clicked, heh.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Loving Curtain Call so far, and I usually have a distaste for these types of games. Didn't really dig EBA outside of watching the stories unfold once, similar to Parappa way back. But I find myself constantly just taking 30 minutes here and there to do some random tracks in CC.

As someone that usually doesn't play much of these music experiences, it is awkward to get an ear for certain rhythmic sections with the button timing, only for it to switch immediately to following a different instrument or melody. Sometimes it makes me feel tone deaf as I quickly start trying to figure out where in the music the cues are now linked, but whatever. Mostly a problem on the basic difficulty where often what you are actually hearing is never synced up given how few notes are thrown at you. Expert is a bit better in this regard at least given how much more active the notes are. Ultimate mode...I'll never bother.

Agreed that EMS FMV songs are mostly relegated to the shit games unfortunately. The classics get nothing, but FF7 expanded fiction and the XIII-trilogy all have em. Just unfortunate and I wish at least something was done using the basic sprites or sequences of the classic games to compensate.

The game also got me to resub for FFXIV though, hearing some of the songs again made me realize how much I missed A Realm Reborn. Mission Accomplished Theatrhythm.

Wazzy

Banned
Yassss my copy of CC should be arriving either tomorrow or Tuesday. I hope I'm done Layton vs Phoenix by then.

I kind of want to try Dimensions, how long is it? Is it only IOS?

Top Bottom