• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

GaussTek

Just finished Final Fantasy XIII again on Steam.

I enjoyed it more this time than when I first played, mainly because I paid more attention to the story and its details.

However, as I focused more on the story, I felt that it really lacked more dramatic/saddest moments. I mean, at least one main character should have died IMO lol

Anyway, I won't be playing FFXIII-2 -again- anytime soon, as I ended up pretty tired of the battle system, and just finished a couple years ago. But, I agree it improves in some aspects (although the story is a lot worse IMO).

-------

BTW, who else wants the next mainline Final Fantasy to be cyberpunk themed again? I know we'll never get a FFVII remake, but I would love a new game with that style at least.

aravuus

Oh yeah, since it hasn't been posted here: http://kadgar.net/live/Crumps2/cereth

Two guys playing through all mainline FF games, both relatively far already though (VII and IX, they started dec 1). Crumps is annoying as fuck but cereth is super nice and the chat is actually a hell of a lot of fun, something I've never seen before in Twitch.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Sub_Level

This magic-only tower in World of Ruin is kicking my ass. I know it's probably optional but still want to beat it.

I'm not using any online guides tho. So far second half of FFVI has had more fun and interesting boss fights.

Labadal

This magic-only tower in World of Ruin is kicking my ass. I know it's probably optional but still want to beat it.

I'm not using any online guides tho. So far second half of FFVI has had more fun and interesting boss fights.

I usually use the Moogle suit to avoid random encounters. It is my most hate place in the entire game.

The boss is really dumb.

He uses Ultima right before dying, which does enough damage to come close or straight up one shot your party.

Sub_Level

I usually use the Moogle suit to avoid random encounters. It is my most hate place in the entire game.

None of the characters in my party can use it :( so I have to go the hard way lol. Out of all 10 or 11 possible enemies you can fight there (I already killed the dragon) only 2 give me trouble: the ones that cast Quake, Merton, and Meteor.

The boss is really dumb.

He uses Ultima right before dying, which does enough damage to come close or straight up one shot your party.

Oh believe me I know that too well. Still not sure I'm strong enough to survive it, but gonna try again a few more times today. My magic defense on Terra is over 200, she has automatic Shell, and her HP is near 3000. Hopefully she can survive it, but I doubt it because last time that spell did more like 5000 damage O_O

Heropon

Don't read this if you want to figure it yourself, but the easy/cheap way of surviving it is
learning Life3/Reraise thanks to the Phoenix magicite and using it before the boss dies.

Sub_Level

The boss fight itself I haven't figured out either. I cast Pearl like 30 times and the 5-7 hits that actually do anything kill it lol. Thought Dispel would do the trick but nope, and can't figure out a pattern with Scan either.

Tried the moogle suit but I think you meant Mog, Labadal, because that character is supposed to have a no-encounter rate. The moogle suit just protects against poison and dresses ya up as a moogle, so I switched it with the behemoth suit.

Don't read this if you want to figure it yourself, but the easy/cheap way of surviving it is
learning Life3/Reraise thanks to the Phoenix magicite and using it before the boss dies.

Yeah that makes sense. I don't have that one though so I will look around the world more. Your tip is great because it tells me a solution but simultaneously gives me more work and exploration to do lol

Heropon

Tried the moogle suit but I think you meant Mog, Labadal, because that character is supposed to have a no-encounter rate. The moogle suit just protects against poison and dresses ya up as a moogle, so I switched it with the behemoth suit.

I think he was talking about the Moogle Charm, which I don't think you have as it's hidden in a room, but that's what I use too.

Yeah that makes sense. I don't have that one though so I will look around the world more. Your tip is great because it tells me a solution but simultaneously gives me more work and exploration to do lol

I thought you had all the characters already. I usually leave that dungeon as the last thing to do before the final dungeon so I must congratulate you for going through it before then and without resorting to cheap tactics.

JayEH

Is there any point for me to level up other roles for characters in FF13? I just got to where the game opens up and I don't see why I would need to give people new roles when everyone is so established in the ones they have.

Is there any point for me to level up other roles for characters in FF13? I just got to where the game opens up and I don't see why I would need to give people new roles when everyone is so established in the ones they have.

Basically for the extra stats, other than that everyones established roles are whats best from there and the rest of the extra content.

Sub_Level

I think he was talking about the Moogle Charm, which I don't think you have as it's hidden in a room, but that's what I use too.

I thought you had all the characters already. I usually leave that dungeon as the last thing to do before the final dungeon so I must congratulate you for going through it before then and without resorting to cheap tactics.

Welp, after 30 hours I am finally using a walkthrough. Used
berserk method with Life 3
for that tower boss. The latter thing I probably would not have thought of but I am so stupid for not considering the former.

And I'm glad I started using the guide because I have no idea how you are supposed to just stumble on the area where the Water Dragon is. I guess it's possible but it seemed like a secret hidden switch in an arbitrary location. I like the sweet 'Fight X' relic you get.

Kefka's Tower is tough even with my party of 40s. Might finish the game tomorrow or the day after.

Sub_Level

It is so awesome that ff6 kind of forces you to use a variety of party members. I would have never bothered trying out characters like strago, gogo, or relm, but they have some surprisingly cool abilities which are very practical in battles.

Sub_Level

FFVI = Complete

My final party was Terra with Golden Hairpin and Gem Box casting Pearl and Cure 3 and Life 2 and Life 3, Edgar with Hyper Wrist and Ribbon using Auto Crossbow and Drill casting Haste 2, Sabin with 2 Hero Rings using Bum Rush and Aero Blade, and Cyan in the front row with Offering and Pod Bracelet using attacks and occasionally that number 7 sword technique that hits 4 times. I used a megalixer in the final fight. Levels ranged from 47 to 51.

From here, might go on to either FFVIII or FFX even though I've played those. Never got all the cards in VIII or did the extra stuff in X International.

Zhao_Yun

So, I've finally started playing Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions on my Vita and it has been a fun ride until now although I was a bit overwhelmed at the beginning. I am at the beginning of Chapter 2 now and I feel a bit lost in terms of how I should develop my main party members.
At the moment I am trying to unlock the Ninja job for Ramza to get Dual Wield but I haven't really decided yet with which job to stick with once he has all the important skills. I've read that many people prefer him as a squire. Any particular reason for that?
I am also still using a Chemist as my main healer since White Magic seemed to be really inconsistent whereas items always work. It works out fine for now but it feels strange to me to stick with a base job for such a long time. Is it advisable to stick with Chemist or should I go for White Mage for the long term or change to a whole other job?

From Yusuke Naora:
agni_2015ieu7k.jpg

To tease those that still what this to be a game I guess. haha

edit: don't know why the damn picture shrunk, hopefully it's fixed now.

From Yusuke Naora:
agni_2015ieu7k.jpg

To tease those that still what this to be a game I guess. haha

edit: don't know why the damn picture shrunk, hopefully it's fixed now.

It's from that tech demo right? Quasi confirms it will be used in a future Final Fantasy whether it would be 14, 15, or 16. Hopefully it actually means something.

Agni plz be real please kill Noctis and be the actual FINAL FANTASY FACE

How Dare you! haha It is his time now. see:

B6RkT73CQAEph5W.jpg

but then again he also drew this:
RJNHXGwu.jpeg

(different artist to the agni one by the way)

Besides we must let the sausage fest continue, with hopefully plenty of fan service from the guys. A new type of Final Fantasy. haha

And I must know how the prince drinks his coffee.

HeelPower

How Dare you! haha It is his time now. see:

B6RkT73CQAEph5W.jpg

Besides we must let the sausage fest continue, with hopefully plenty of fan service from the guys. A new type of Final Fantasy. haha

Yup I totally agree.

Personally I hope Agni get's her own game and universe and has nothing to do with FFXV.

Both legends must continue till the end of time!

Noctis looks like lightning here btw even looks like this pose

Yeah, Agni will make a cameo in XV as an NPC.

Speculation ? Or is this is an update ?

Yup I totally agree.

Personally I hope Agni get's her own game and universe and has nothing to do with FFXV.

Both legends must continue till the end of time!

Noctis looks like lightning here btw even looks like this pose

Speculation ? Or is this is an update ?
Speculation, I'm no insider. Haha

Turin

Banned
Square Enix knows how to toy with my heart...

and I almost accepted Agni as being nothing more than a demo.

I guess it shall remain so until an official announcement is made.

Agni would be an interesting choice as she might be the first FF protagonist who isn't overtly some kind of ultimate badass(Vaan wasn't really the protagonist). It'd be cool to have a Frodo type as the main character for once(with potent magic ability's of course. :p).

Xux

So, Agni as the main character in FFXVI with Ito as director/producer, Matsuno as co-director, Naora as art director, and Uematsu as composer?

Falk

that puzzling face
So, Agni as the main character in FFXVI with Ito as director/producer, Matsuno as co-director, Naora as art director, and Uematsu as composer?

I'd love to be proven wrong but I really don't see Uematsu's style gelling with ultra-realistic visuals.

Sub_Level

Picked up FFX HD today and already put 8 hours. Liking this game a lot more now, noticing details I didnt bother with as a kid like talking to more npcs, trying out those 'Fiend Data' training rooms, and playing a ton of blitzball (just got attack reels)

Really liking this remaster despite not liking some of the music choices and sometimes the character faces seem lifeless.

Saw FFX/FFX-2 was $20 for Vita at Gamestop so I decided to pick it up. I'm about 2 hours in and have had maybe 20 minutes of gameplay so far. How much longer until the game opens up more?

Sub_Level

Saw FFX/FFX-2 was $20 for Vita at Gamestop so I decided to pick it up. I'm about 2 hours in and have had maybe 20 minutes of gameplay so far. How much longer until the game opens up more?

Mihen High Road is what I consider to be the proper start of the game, which is right after Luca where things pick up.

First few hours is tutorial.

Golnei

...What? I thought it worked well in FFVIII, FFX, Advent Children, FFXIV, and the Heavenward trailer.

Neither of those attempted as much naturalism as the Agni trailer - all of them used the standard S-E mannequins, with much less grounded fantasy aesthetic. If Agni's Philosophy were FFXVI, I'd prefer it if they used someone like Keiichi Okabe as the primary composer, though Hamauzu and Shimomura's styles could still definitely work in that context.

Falk

that puzzling face
Neither of those attempted as much naturalism as the Agni trailer - all of them used the standard S-E mannequins, with much less grounded fantasy aesthetic. If Agni's Philosophy were FFXVI, I'd prefer it if they used someone like Keiichi Okabe as the primary composer, though Hamauzu and Shimomura's styles could still definitely work in that context.

Pretty much this. He might (would, rather) be able to pull it off to a degree of success but there are people with a much bigger track record for the type of music that the setting calls for.

Of course, in situations like this it'd also rely heavily on his orchestrator. And Hamaguchi (FF8, etc) is long gone from vidya.

wmlk

The upper design for Agni definitely leads me to believe it's something other than just a Tech Demo. We hadn't seen that one. I wonder if Iwata designed that as well...?

Also, since we're on the topic of music, the vocalist for the trailer was Azam Ali if anyone was wondering.

aravuus

Speaking of FFX, I noticed there's an option to completely randomize the sphere locations in the grid in the save editor I found. Started with the expert grid and randomized the locations, the first 5 spheres Tidus for example can get are all either magic or mp ones lol

This is going to be great

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Does anyone know how much grind is necessary to beat FF II? I'm about 10 hours in, just killed the medusa or whater it was and I'm curious how much longer should I keep hitting myself outside of a city to have no problems with the rest of the game.

iosefe

Speaking of FFX, I noticed there's an option to completely randomize the sphere locations in the grid in the save editor I found. Started with the expert grid and randomized the locations, the first 5 spheres Tidus for example can get are all either magic or mp ones lol

This is going to be great
they should have made that a third option

Top Bottom