• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

Wazzy

Banned
Wasn't the race with Tidus one of ways you had to go to get one of the upgrades for his ultimate weapon? Or was it the weapon itself?

I'm not looking forward to Blizball again. Never cared for it, but I have to get that ultimate weapon.

It was to get one of the sigils for his weapon.

I didn't mind Blitzball but I think it could have been more fun.

Blitzball is the one minigame I loathe from Final Fantasy X. I mean I know there are ways to make it super easy to win at it, I just didn't want to take the time to play countless and countless of matches just to get Wakka's weapon and his best Overdrive attacks. But who knows, maybe I'll honestly give it a shot when the HD remake comes out.

FFX has some of the worst sidequests I've ever seen honestly. None of them are fun, all of them are busy work.

On an unrelated note, does anybody remember Red XIII saying "Zounds!"?

What was up with that?

FFX has some of the worst sidequests I've ever seen honestly. None of them are fun, all of them are busy work.

What was up with that?

I thought the Monster Arena was kinda cool since you got nicely rewarded for it...although some of those monsters were kinda tough to find...I remember this one bird enemy near Djose being a pain to find.

Natetan

Blitz ball is pretty fun once you can crush the other team. It does drag a bit but I liked the concept.

But yeah after playing through ff7 I realize ffx had very few mini games and they weren't very good. Ff7 had snowboarding submarine shooting chocobo racing motorcycle hacking. It's cool that lots of the games in the golden saucer are actually used as part of the game story events. Granted I never play any of them except for the moogle house one... They should have made the games reward more gp so you actually wanted to play them. I suck at the basketball game so I just do the chocobo racing...

Wazzy

Banned

What was up with that?

Yeah IIRC it was when Yuffie is stealing your materia.

Jaykay

Blitzball was far too confusing for me. I couldn't even complete a game.

Maybe I'll try again in the HD remake.

I feel exactly the same way. I'm hoping that coming back to it fresh will allow me to be able to be fine this time around, but it just never clicked with me back when the game initially came out.

I dunno. Chocobo Hot and Cold was pretty damn good but FFVII had motorcycle death races.

And I mean that's...that's just freakin' cool.

I also liked the submarine game, I always thought snowboarding was abysmal however, but maybe that's because I was so bad at it.

I'm one of the few people that likes Tetra Master more than Triple Triad, if you ask me why I won't be able to tell you.

I guess for me it's a toss up between VII, and IX, for me, in the future the series requires more motorcycle death races.

Or just death races in general, chocobo death races would be pretty nuts.

Wazzy

Banned
Yeah I hated Tetra Master and thought it was a horrible attempt to recreate the greatness of triple triad. But if someone prefers it I don't really care since it really all boils down to a matter of taste.
The minigames never left a strong impression on me.
In the series or are you referring to a specific FF?

Wazzy

Banned
On its own, yeah, but it was like, all FF8 had.

No. No it isn't. The MUSIC is, but the minigame alone is awful.
Yeah but Triple Triad was so large that it made up for the lack of other mini games. Though there was the whole beat the shit out of a soldier/ruby dragon fight and the Chocobo's forest mini game which I found fun.

But I do give credit to VII for having a large selection of mini games, especially chocobo breeding/racing. That is something they should bring back.

Oh and I agree, Hot and Cold is awful.

Natetan

i got pretty good at the snowboarding race.

The problem is you need to be perfect to get any decent GP, and stuff costs alot of GP. They should have made it a little easier to get GP. Basically I just convert my chocobo race prize into GP. You can just let your chocobo autorace and it doesnt cost anything.

I could never get into those card games like triple triad. too boring.

CorvoSol

I disagree.

Man, when I found out that the chocobo's beak didn't even matter in whether I hit a digspot or not, I got so irked. Nevermind that "Go up this cliff" and "dig under this cliff" are mapped to the same button.

The Chocograph sidequest is fun, sure, but the minigame is straight up awful.

Wazzy

Banned
I thought Triple Triad was boring at first but then I gave it a shot...

So much fun.
Once you understand how the rules work it's a blast. Except for Same/Plus/Wall. Fuck them.

Who else skipped some of the harder card quest's in VIII and just vs'd the Card queen? She was brutally hard because of the rules but I always wanted to see if I could beat her, which I did, after manyyyyy resets.

Once you understand how the rules work it's a blast. Except for Same/Plus/Wall. Fuck them.

Who else skipped some of the harder card quest's in VIII and just vs'd the Card queen? She was brutally hard because of the rules but I always wanted to see if I could beat her, which I did, after manyyyyy resets.

I did my best to spread the good rules around. I did almost all the card quests...I built a great deck and steamrolled everyone in the game. I was amazed at who the queen was!

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
In the series or are you referring to a specific FF?

In the general series. They were okay but not anything I'd want to come back to and play again.

----------------

Is it me or is he...growing?

FFXII_Berserk_Status.png

Teknoman

Flipping through FF the sky vol.1:

jbaM2fdO4TFYr3.jpg

Prototype Chocobo? Also sucks that some of the art for FF III seems to have never made it into the game. Echidna is creepy as hell.

Natetan

So I missed the w-item materia and I'm trying to get it in bone village. The Internet says its at some x near the crashed plane but I'm not sure I'd what I think is this x is what they mean. Anyone know?

Edit: wow! Never mind, found it on the next try.

Teknoman

Amano sure does like to put smiley faces in random places. Noticed Yang has them on his pants and even Dr. Lugae has one on a kind of belt chain. Also his bio-mechanical form is...alot stranger than the sprite portrays.

Top Bottom