• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
This Four Job Fiesta thing got me back into the series, and I was wondering: is FFXIII 'required' to play FFXIII-2? I've heard relatively good things about the sequel, but the first is apparently a lovecraftian monster that eats stars and hope, judging by the internet (note: 'internet' may stand in for 'GAF'). It is safely skippable?

This Four Job Fiesta thing got me back into the series, and I was wondering: is FFXIII 'required' to play FFXIII-2? I've heard relatively good things about the sequel, but the first is apparently a lovecraftian monster that eats stars and hope, judging by the internet (note: 'internet' may stand in for 'GAF'). It is safely skippable?

Yeah, but play it anyway.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
We got any Latin experts?

We may have a Latin version of Lyrics for FF Type 0's What Becomes of Us/We Have Arrived. Someone's friend off of Gamefaqs is versed in Latin and attempted to transcribe it word by word. And this is what they came up with.

"Decebo non principio finis in vietis.
Exper di in signium.
Orphan ne we verator deus sancti
verator rex sancti verator amen.
Ami(Ami),o,we veni.we lecte datum per adventurum.
Do we titia, ominom a matrum.
We wer, we verator dues sancti.
We adveni. We adveni! We verator dues sancti.
We vien manum dominium, nova vita veni!( )
Nomea abditis, amor est vita nuova, de ne siens sio
o resurget. Non solum.
Spenus in vidium, fatam ad de so vianu
Ginium finis veni, et ginium finis wer.
Est rans a signium tenas advenit, est rans a signium verator rex stuni.
Omni verator dues stuni, domino veni dotem ad experie.
Omno verator dues stuni, domino matrum finis in signi fatam tusi.
Omni verator dues stuni, domino veni dotem ad experie.
Omni verator dues stuni, fatum domino matrum sper finis in omno imas in nolum.
Est perist.
O, experie so vidium."

Would be interesting if we got a english transcription.

Save yourself the trouble and just read a plot synopsis on the internet...it's a frustrating game and just not all that fun after awhile. At least XIII-2 gave us Noel. I may sound like a broken record here but Noel is just that good.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest

FFXIII and FFXIII-2 are quite different, even from a story-point of view and they're both stand-alone titles for the most. Of course if you're in for the story, knowing about XIII will help appreciating more of its sequel.

Personal opinion btw: don't listen to the internet. For example I consider XIII a far superior game and experience to XIII-2, so I rather suggest that or at least both.

I'd ask how someone arrives at the conclusion that Leyla from FFII is a lesbian when the only attraction she shows toward anyone is Firion, but I'm still stuck on how Lavos is a lesbian or a part of the Final Fantasy series.

Didn't you hear?

"This comes from Hironobu Sakaguchi's life long belief that lesbians are up to no good."

Obviously Leyla thought Firion was a woman, an honest mistake when you are drawn by Amano.

CorvoSol

Didn't you hear?

"This comes from Hironobu Sakaguchi's life long belief that lesbians are up to no good."

Obviously Leyla thought Firion was a woman, an honest mistake when you are drawn by Amano.

So wait . . . Lelya was a lesbian because she was a pirate?

Yeeeeah.

I'd ask how someone arrives at the conclusion that Leyla from FFII is a lesbian when the only attraction she shows toward anyone is Firion, but I'm still stuck on how Lavos is a lesbian or a part of the Final Fantasy series.

Lavos wants to get closer to the core of Gaia, the world of Chrono Trigger and Gaia is always female...sooooooo yeah.

Leyla however is not

Voror

This is the Opera in FF6.

I love his art, but damn it's amazing how trippy it is sometimes. I wonder if he is ever surprised at how a piece ends up.

I really hope my copy of The Sky ships soon. Still says August 6th for me. :(

Was Four Heroes of Light any good? Wasn't it supposed to sort of be a remake of the original technically?

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, thanks for the replies! Guess it's safe to grab it then (not sure why it's so much cheaper than its predecessor). I really don't think the first is for me for what I heard, sorry to those that recommended it!

CorvoSol

Lavos wants to get closer to the core of Gaia, the world of Chrono Trigger and Gaia is always female...sooooooo yeah.

Leyla however is not

Is the CT world called Gaia? And also, the world is like, The Entity, not Gaia. And even if it was, how do we know Lavos is female? And I'm not comfortable with the idea of viewing a parasitic relationship as an analogy for a lesbian one.

I'm not saying it's flawless logic.

But it's something?
Something awful.

Is the CT world called Gaia? And also, the world is like, The Entity, not Gaia. And even if it was, how do we know Lavos is female? And I'm not comfortable with the idea of viewing a parasitic relationship as an analogy for a lesbian one.

Something awful.

To be honest, I don't know lol. I think the author of the vid has their mind in the same strange places as Amano

CorvoSol

To be honest, I don't know lol. I think the author of the vid has their mind in the same strange places as Amano

I wish Amano had drawn some hot Quistis on Selphie action. But he didn't. And they're not lesbians.

The ultimate troll would be to not include Vanille and Fang on the list.

CorvoSol

That's precisely what he did.

Lightning was the lesbian he listed for XIII.

BRB gonna rewatch the video in a new light.

Hahaha, Rosa. The woman who got married and had a kid. Just "closet". Hahahaha. And Celes. Hahaha. Guy's accent is hard to piece. "They aren't even trying to hide it at this point." HAHAHA. Even he can't get through saying Tidus was a lesbian with a straight face. This video is gold.

Someone please post this on GameFAQs.

It has to be a troll. I mean come on. You put Lightning for lesbian over Fang x Vanille?

Everyone knows Lightning only has sex with Toriyama.

That one concert they did in Japan were they made a lifelike hologram of Hatsune Miku...I bet you that is what Toriyama wants...it will happen

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
FF needs a alignment system. And attacks need to be made by rolling a set of dice. And you need to take a feat to use Limit Breaks.

*has been playing too much DnD*

CorvoSol

That one concert they did in Japan were they made a lifelike hologram of Hatsune Miku...I bet you that is what Toriyama wants...it will happen

Wants? He already has that. He's been working on the lifelike animatronic Lightning sexbot.

That explains the budget decrease, financial losses, and also the many delays on FFXV. The staff has been held hostage inside HQ for seven years, working on building the man's robot waifu.

Programming her to just glare and roll her eyes during sex is harder than originally expected.

CorvoSol

No wonder we don't get many Lightning fans in this thread

I like Lightning, though. FFXIII Lightning, anyway. Post FFXIII zombiefied, soul ripped out, no character remaining Lightning sucks.

Angry rage mode Lightning was where it was at. Schala's Drunk Lightning was also good.

Teknoman

I love his art, but damn it's amazing how trippy it is sometimes. I wonder if he is ever surprised at how a piece ends up.

I really hope my copy of The Sky ships soon. Still says August 6th for me. :(

Was Four Heroes of Light any good? Wasn't it supposed to sort of be a remake of the original technically?

It was ok. The music was great and the story was alright in a classic FF sense, but I still havent beaten the game. Ran into a brick wall after unlocking the 4th set of jobs I think.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
But Trey and Sice were like, always hanging out.

That's more of a "The annoying Scholar" kinda thing.

In the novel Trey notices that Cinque makes up the qualities which he lacks.

It's not as obvious in the game. Pretty sure you can thank Arecia for that.

RocBase

Didn't you hear?

I didn't even realize they were speaking English until the half-way point of the video...

I found the toughest FF game to replay and the one I haven't been able to muster the energy to replay is XII...only because I spent over 50 something hours trying to earn the Tournesol (I did get it) and I am not in the mood to do that again...great game though

Ultratech

The true test if replaying II

The Famicom version would definitely test the limits of your sanity.

-"Why does my magic suck?"
-"OH MY GOD WHY ARE BATTLES SO SLOW?!"
-"Ooo, this seems like an interesting door, I'll just go in her-*ENCOUNTER*"
-"Why isn't my HP going up? I have to hit my dudes to get HP or something?"
-"JESUS CHRIST THIS DUDE JUST ONE-SHOTTED MY GUY!'
-"Why does Ultima only do a few hundred damage?"
-"WHY ARE THERE SO MANY USELESS SPELLS?"
-"WHY IS HALF MY INVENTORY TAKEN UP BY SHITTY PLOT ITEMS? ARRRRGGGHHH!"

And so on.

At least you can turn the Emperor into a Toad. :D

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The official mascot is Ultros and not Gilgadouche whether you like it or not.

The Famicom version would definitely test the limits of your sanity.

-"Why does my magic suck?"
-"OH MY GOD WHY ARE BATTLES SO SLOW?!"
-"Ooo, this seems like an interesting door, I'll just go in her-*ENCOUNTER*"
-"Why isn't my HP going up? I have to hit my dudes to get HP or something?"
-"JESUS CHRIST THIS DUDE JUST ONE-SHOTTED MY GUY!'
-"Why does Ultima only do a few hundred damage?"
-"WHY ARE THERE SO MANY USELESS SPELLS?"
-"WHY IS HALF MY INVENTORY TAKEN UP BY SHITTY PLOT ITEMS? ARRRRGGGHHH!"

And so on.

At least you can turn the Emperor into a Toad. :D

Our heroes risked all that for a spell that doesn't do jack for damage?! Minwu, you screwed up.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
The official mascot is Ultros and not Gilgadouche whether you like it or not.

Pah! A bold yet false claim from a mere seafood dish at a subpar and low run sushi shop!

And such a obscure delicacy hasn't been seen as much as the Wandering Hero of the Void. Much less a whimpering Storm Cloud full of Strife.

FOOL! You wish you could be as great as the ULTIMATE mascot of FF who isn't Lightning but the GREAT GILGAMESH.

YOU should CONSIDER yourself lucky you were DLC alongside his greatness.

Besides my Lord's 8 arms beats your 7!

HA HA!

Top Bottom