• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

Natetan

The Famicom version would definitely test the limits of your sanity.

-"Why does my magic suck?"
-"OH MY GOD WHY ARE BATTLES SO SLOW?!"
-"Ooo, this seems like an interesting door, I'll just go in her-*ENCOUNTER*"
-"Why isn't my HP going up? I have to hit my dudes to get HP or something?"
-"JESUS CHRIST THIS DUDE JUST ONE-SHOTTED MY GUY!'
-"Why does Ultima only do a few hundred damage?"
-"WHY ARE THERE SO MANY USELESS SPELLS?"
-"WHY IS HALF MY INVENTORY TAKEN UP BY SHITTY PLOT ITEMS? ARRRRGGGHHH!"

And so on.

At least you can turn the Emperor into a Toad. :D

Can you get down to mysidia early in the original version? You'd be set if you can do that.

Once you get passed all the initial crap and find out how to exploit the game it's pretty fun I think.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Pah! A bold yet false claim from a mere seafood dish at a subpar and low run sushi shop!

And such a obscure delicacy hasn't been seen as much as the Wandering Hero of the Void. Much less a whimpering Storm Cloud full of Strife.

FOOL! You wish you could be as great as the ULTIMATE mascot of FF who isn't Lightning but the GREAT GILGAMESH.

YOU should CONSIDER yourself lucky you were DLC alongside his greatness.

Besides my Lord's 8 arms beats your 7!

HA HA!

Ultros' arms are eight. ._. Octo - eight

Wazzy

Banned
What? Why is It between Tifa and Terra? If anything it should be between Yuna and Terra. Tifa can keep fighting with Aeris over who's more popular.

What? Why is It between Tifa and Terra? If anything it should be between Yuna and Terra. Tifa can keep fighting with Aeris over who's more popular.

Cause Terra beat Rydia and Tifa beat Rinoa. The roster is already stuck with them and Lightning. No need for a sixth FF character

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Ultros' arms are eight. ._. Octo - eight

Look at Ultros again and tell me what you see.

FF-13-2-Ultros.jpg

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

I remain doubtful.

The way Ultros has his writhing tentacles split up makes it hard to accurately count how many tentacles he has despite being a Octopus.

So at times it can appear he has 5-8 tentacles and may vary on installment. For XIII-2 he does only have 7. Whether he lost one or not remains to be determined.

That being said. He is no match for the GREAT GILGAMESH.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Octopogo is soooooooooo much better than Ultros guys, it's not even close. I mean he even gets to come back as a boss in the final dungeon, Ultros gets relegated to being a desk slob.

CorvoSol

Octopogo is soooooooooo much better than Ultros guys, it's not even close. I mean he even gets to come back as a boss in the final dungeon, Ultros gets relegated to being a desk slob.

Ogopogo is Leviathan thing, tho. Octomammoth just chills until you fight it like, four times in TAY.

ULTROS!

Jenova and Edea?

Edea looks cool though.

CorvoSol

She has the best villain song period. I really wish they had played it at Distant Worlds...

She can have the best villain song with lyrics. The BEST villain song belongs to the BEST villain. It's like, a scientific fact of magic.

My only problem with the villain in 8 is that she's split across 3 roles. Edea has the best design, and Adel has the backstory, with Ultimecia not having the motive and only sort of having the character. If you view FF8's villain as "The Sorceress" and the combination of Edea/Adel/Ultimecia, she's not bad. But any one alone is kinda meh.

Wazzy

Banned
My only problem with the villain in 8 is that she's split across 3 roles. Edea has the best design, and Adel has the backstory, with Ultimecia not having the motive and only sort of having the character. If you view FF8's villain as "The Sorceress" and the combination of Edea/Adel/Ultimecia, she's not bad. But any one alone is kinda meh.
Did you mean to write Ultimecia having the motive? If not, she definitely had one and it was pretty damn good. She wanted to prevent SeeD condemning her to death before birth.

We really should just be viewing all three as Ultimecia since she controls them. Well, she controls the other two, the final form is her obviously.

CorvoSol

Did you mean to write Ultimecia having the motive? If not, she definitely had one and it was pretty damn good. She wanted to prevent SeeD condemning her to death before birth.

We really should just be viewing all three as Ultimecia since she controls them. Well, she controls the other two, the final form is her obviously.

Right, I get that all 3 are Ultimecia, but having her split between Edea's sweet look and Adel's cred kinda dulls her effect. Also, I only beat FF8 awhile ago, but I just kinda feel like Ultimecia's Time Compression gets played up and her "I'm doing this to avoid being slaughtered" side of it doesn't come out enough. Her motive isn't as clearly defined as it should be.

CorvoSol

8 would benefit soooo much if Ultemecia never appeared ever...she was nearly Necron levels of bad...ugh

I dunno, when you look at Edea and Adel as extensions of Ultimecia, it isn't that bad, she's seen like, on disc 1, even. Necron legit isn't mentioned until the game's ending.

I dunno, when you look at Edea and Adel as extensions of Ultimecia, it isn't that bad, she's seen like, on disc 1, even. Necron legit isn't mentioned until the game's ending.

I was too caught up enjoying the clash between the Gardens...I just enjoy the idea of those two being separate from Ultemecia...I really hate villains like her or Zemus...etc...etc.

CorvoSol

I was too caught up enjoying the clash between the Gardens...I just enjoy the idea of those two being separate from Ultemecia...I really hate villains like her or Zemus...etc...etc.

The only reason I don't like Zemus is because people tend to get confused and think he was flat out controlling Golbez against Golbez' will and that that means Golbez wasn't evil. The DS version has a scene that clarifies this, though.

And I liked Cloud of Darkness because she had an awesome theme and could make waves out of fire.

ULTROS!

Well, at least Ultimecia looked awesome as a final boss, never mind the characterization.

FF8_Ultimecia_Final.png

By the way, did anyone notice that her "tail" is a person who's probably Ultimecia?

Yu Yevon was probably the worst to me...mystical tick and the easiest final battle since Kefka? Ewwwwwwwwwwww...I can't say how much that fight disappointed me...

Natetan

Yu Yevon was probably the worst to me...mystical tick and the easiest final battle since Kefka? Ewwwwwwwwwwww...I can't say how much that fight disappointed me...

I dunno it seemed more like a plot driven cinematic battle to me. I thought it was cool how it absorbed your summons, and sad too.

They probably should have just made it cinematic instead if an actual battle.

CorvoSol

Wasn't impressed by the FFIX final boss and I love that game.

Lame as Necron was in the story, I thought he looked okay, especially since he's an upgraded boss from FF5.

Yeah but BFA is the "real" final boss that counts anyway.

BFA should have had more hp at least...or maybe it went too easy because all three of my characters had their celestial weapons already (Tidus, Yuna and Rikku) but I STILL maintain that darn fight went too quick...he needed a ton ton more hp to seem more of a threat...I get a boss that resembles that awesome first form of the final boss fight in FF6 but then he goes down so fast....whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Top Bottom