• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm so jelly.

lLXTEBt.jpg

:D

SunGod

QIa0wsCl.png

Did it! And without using Mythril to heal too!

I just skimmed the past few posts and hadn't seen the reddit posts. I don't have any 5* gear so it's definitely not necessary to spend any mythril/money to beat this guy.

I managed to get through the dungeon just single attacking Cloud (who had Retaliate and Boost up) and for the final round in each stage I used Bladeblitz in order to clear it quickly (and because Retaliate wears off by then) but I only got 8/9 medals for stages 1 and 2 (took too many turns) but cleared stage 3 with 9/9 medals as I used Bladeblitz twice there (I've honed it once so had 4 total uses)

For the boss Terra used Dark Buster to blind it and then had 6 Blizzaga to use, Sephiroth used Poison and then Paladin Cecil (who used Armor Break too), Sephiroth and Tidus used Double Cut on Cloud while he himself attacked too. I got lucky with the boss trying to attack Cloud a lot so I got a bunch of free counter attacks too.

8 elites down, 2 to go (more like 1 since #10 is seemingly impossible for now lol)

Wazzy

Banned
Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn!

I hate everything.

Jesus, nice draw dude. Makes me want to drop the cash of the gatcha. Dena has earned the money from me.

Am I seeing 5, FIVE 5* RELIC!?

Don't do it! It'll only lead to disappointment compared to that god draw!

Good lord Wazzy!! XD

This is fucking bullshit. I hate this game

Brb, deleting the app and then eating my phone.
lmao :3

I wish I had gotten the SeeD uniform but otherwise I got almost all of the VIII bracket stuff and you won't hear me complaining. My first 11 draw was dreadful but obviously this one was great.

Mythril is at 2 now, though.
Nice. But now you'll probably stop using Angelo Cannon. :(

Only downside. :( I love AC.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
QIa0wsCl.png

Did it! And without using Mythril to heal too!

I just skimmed the past few posts and hadn't seen the reddit posts. I don't have any 5* gear so it's definitely not necessary to spend any mythril/money to beat this guy.

I managed to get through the dungeon just single attacking Cloud (who had Retaliate and Boost up) and for the final round in each stage I used Bladeblitz in order to clear it quickly (and because Retaliate wears off by then) but I only got 8/9 medals for stages 1 and 2 (took too many turns) but cleared stage 3 with 9/9 medals as I used Bladeblitz twice there (I've honed it once so had 4 total uses)

For the boss Terra used Dark Buster to blind it and then had 6 Blizzaga to use, Sephiroth used Poison and then Paladin Cecil (who used Armor Break too), Sephiroth and Tidus used Double Cut on Cloud while he himself attacked too. I got lucky with the boss trying to attack Cloud a lot so I got a bunch of free counter attacks too.

8 elites down, 2 to go (more like 1 since #10 is seemingly impossible for now lol)
Congrats! This is encouraging, I'm going through some preparations in the game at the moment but I definitely want to at least master the Elite T-Rex in this event.

Kind of bummed that this is the first event where I won't master everything and get all the rewards, but I guess that will start to become the norm from here on out. The dream is over.

SunGod

Kind of bummed that this is the first event where I won't master everything and get all the rewards, but I guess that will start to become the norm from here on out. The dream is over.

In Japan this event came back and elite dungeon 10 was turned into an EX dungeon, with a new elite dungeon 10 in it's place (at least that's what I could gather using Google Translate) so we'll have our chance to finish it properly later, probably :)

Wazzy

Banned
Congrats! :)

I'm still gonna hold out I think, but this Mythril is burning a hole in my pocket.

Thanks!

Yeah I just decided I might be able to build up enough mythril by Squall event for another 11 draw that'd I just try for Rinoa's and boy I got more than I was hoping for.

I'm kind of tempted to try and go for SeeD uniform but maybe Squall's event will have that going.

SougoXIII

Anyone noticed that they list the Ten-fold hat and Mezmerised blade as 5* under the Rinoa announcement banner when they are in fact 4* relics? Damn, I just burn a lot of rare draws cause I thought it will more FF8 5* relics than just 3 lol.

Only downside. :( I love AC.
In Japan they let got an update that lets you use special Weapon exclusive ones with whatever equipment you want once you've "mastered" it or something but you should still be able to use Angelo Cannon since it's her base Soul Break, if you want too. Or is it just because her new one is too powerful to pass up?

Wazzy

Banned
In Japan they let got an update that lets you select your Soul Break. Hopefully we'll get that one soon too. Or maybe you already can? I don't remember...

I think the update lets you use special Weapon exclusive ones with whatever equipment you want once you've "mastered" it or something.
You can choose now! I'll stick with the special Soul Break but I'll let AC back once in awhile. :D
GVZOKPw.jpg

Here's my relic get. I guess it's okay.

Edit: uwahhh Wazzy!!! Awesome luck you got there! Congrats!!! :3

Insane luck there.

Congrats!
Thanks!

That's still a great draw Oni. :) I'm just so happy that I got such a good pull for an VIII event. What are the chances of that for someone's favourite game?

You can choose now! I'll stick with the special Soul Break but I'll let AC back once in awhile. :D
Yeah, I had a brain freeze moment there. I don't have any cool SB weapons yet besides the few for the Core characters, and I haven't given those a spin yet. I'm glad it's an option. :)

In Japan they let got an update that lets you use special Weapon exclusive ones with whatever equipment you want once you've "mastered" it or something but you should still be able to use Angelo Cannon since it's her base Soul Break, if you want too. Or is it just because her new one is too powerful to pass up?
IDK when we will get the update, but, yup, it's both. You can learn Soul Breaks similarly to FF9's ability system and characters with multiple SBs can choose which one to use midbattle.

There are a bunch of great QoL updates that I wish we already had. Particularly the ability to create teams that you can name and switch between. I've also seen videos where it shows the enemies' HP. IDK if that's from gear, an ability or materia.

I'm gonna feel tempted here to spend some irl cash to get some extra stamina so I can make up for lost time on flan grinding. Got wm/bm/sum/rinoa at levels 29-30 currently I don't think I have the sanity to get them to 50 even with stamina refreshes but the higher I can get them the better

Wazzy

Banned
I wanted to try for SeeD uniform so I did one payed 11 pull and I got another Blitzblade and Genji helm plus some other 4 star items.

Still good! No more payed though. I got a great pull for free but the payed is good enough for now.

Falk

that puzzling face
I wanted to try for SeeD uniform so I did one payed 11 pull and I got another Blitzblade and Genji helm plus some other 4 star items.

W T F

Two blitzblades AND a Valkyrie means you have the best shot out of any of us for clearing Edea Elite lol

edit: don't take this the wrong way though but I'm not sure you've been playing long enough to have the abilities honed to the level required.

edit2: curse you, you finally made me cave and blow $30. Judgement staff (lol, oh well, the number of 5*s I pulled doubled at the very least. I have two now!) and two Ten-gallon Hats.

The sad part is there's so few VIII items that I'm not sure if I even want to combine the hats or stick them on two people. You'd think that dilemma is reserved for 5* items.

Wazzy

Banned
W T F

Two blitzblades AND a Valkyrie means you have the best shot out of any of us for clearing Edea Elite lol

edit: don't take this the wrong way though but I'm not sure you've been playing long enough to have the abilities honed to the level required.

edit2: curse you, you finally made me cave and blow $30. Judgement staff (lol, oh well, the number of 5*s I pulled doubled at the very least. I have two now!) and two Ten-gallon Hats.

The sad part is there's so few VIII items that I'm not sure if I even want to combine the hats or stick them on two people. You'd think that dilemma is reserved for 5* items.
I wish I got some more VIII items but I obviously have good enough ones already xD

I've been playing for a long time now but only issue is I haven't really made the abilities for the elite. My whole party is 50 and my abilities are things like comet, cura and double cut.

I'm aiming for Quake but need 2 greater earth orb and 3 greater dark orb. I'm also wanting retaliate.

Also I'm pretty sure I made half the people in this thread cave in and do the 11 pull :lol

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
tumblr_ni9eddJKwJ1rrydmko1_250.gif

Resist the temptation of blowing money on the gatcha, my friends! Do not get caught in the clutches of the RNG.

Falk

that puzzling face
^For what it's worth, I'm 100% inclined to agree. Pulled a $30 already expecting to be disappointed.

I guess I've been away from home for almost a month now with mobile games being pretty much the only thing I'm playing so I decided to throw some cash towards the most deserving one considering how much I've 'saved' by being away from home (didn't get GTAV PC, etc etc etc).

Wazzy (you asshole) was the straw on the camel's back.

The ring is probably the best accessory available right now, not counting whatever's in the Sorceress event.
Ugh, that's 4 or 5 more runs. :/

It wouldn't be so bad if I could just autobattle, but the fights are just hard enough that I still need to actually do them manually.

johnsmith

remember me
Ugh, that's 4 or 5 more runs. :/

It wouldn't be so bad if I could just autobattle, but the fights are just hard enough that I still need to actually do them manually.

More like 10 runs if you start with No. 24 each time. Closer to 15 if you just do whatever pops up. And countless retries to get No. 24. I did it, but yeah, it's a total pain in the ass. Not fun at all. I couldn't imagine going to 200k.

I think I fucked up any chance of beating T-Rex by accidentally selling one of my Galbadian Blades :( So now the best I can get it up to is 10/10.

Edit: I'm literally counting the minutes until 1 AM (only 10 left!) because I can't wait to try out the new Heroic orb dungeon.

Alright this is amazing. Just got 4 normal orbs in my first run of the dungeon. It's not that hard either. Bring lots of ice. Vouivres and Nidhoggs are both vulnerable to it. Seems easy to get mastery so far.

Edit: If Vouivre does the Flamebreath make sure you S/L, it's an instant loss of your champion for that stage.

I've mastered the first 5 of Expert in the VIII event but only got Expert(on all 3 stages) in the 6th dungeon. I'll try again closer to when the event is ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom