• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodness... I cannot master FFXIII - The Vile Peaks I. Couldn't get Dark Attack to stick, got tired of retrying. I wish there was a pure Blind spell.

Wazzy

Banned
Isn't Dark Buster 30% vs Dark Attack's 10%?

(numbers out my ass)
It's definitely higher chance of blind than DA.

I'm not sure if I want to farm more for DB while I can make DA right now. I'll try T-Rex with my status affect/ice setup and hope it lands.

It's definitely higher chance of blind than DA.

I'm not sure if I want to farm more for DB while I can make DA right now. I'll try T-Rex with my status affect/ice setup and hope it lands.

Yeah, I didn't have enough orbs for Dark Buster. What's irritating is that the mastery reward for that stage includes 3 non-elemental orbs which I need for the damn ability. Lol

Shahadan

I love waking up and see new stages !

I guess I'll enjoy my time with the FFXIII segment more than my time with the actual game since I don't have to walk or endure awful cut scenes.

Roto13

Ah, the FFVIII sprites look so good. Whoever is doing the sprite work for this game is killing it.

Speaking of FFVIII's sprites, they left Gerogero uncensored this time.

05e62la.jpg

His guts are red. They were red in the Japanese version of VIII, too, but they were censored in North America and turned blue. So if you're wondering why he looks more disgusting than you remember, now you know. :p

wiw5hLU.jpg
kuys0DB.jpg

Falk

that puzzling face
Oh damn, I just realized why the bosses in FFXIII attack 4 times and just had a nostalgia overload.

Cruisin through these with the last member of my A-Team(Celes who is around level 41 I believe) and 4 from my B-Team(White Mage, Tyro, Rydia, Kain), all 30-40 in level. My lovely girlfriend asks how the game is going from time to time and I've explained stamina and mythril to her. She wants me to go for an 11 draw(it'd be my first)...so this event is making that quite easy with all the easy mythril to be had. I did roll a 5 mythril pull tonight and got a Silver Bracer(3*)....so now it's collection time for the 11 pull where hopefully I get at least two 5 stars. 20 more minutes until FFVIII train level which will reset my stamina in which I can tackle a couple more dungeons.

Thanks to the Gaffer who linked to the one page reddit list of the new dungeons and their objectives. It's come in quite handy being on one page and all.

Razmos

Never played VIII, why is everything dinosaur?
It's not, actually. The dinosaur does show up early in the game, but not as much as it does in Record Keeper, they are adding it in as an enemy in places where it doesn't actually show up (such as the fire cavern, or the Rinoa event)

Falk

that puzzling face
Still too early to start making conclusions, but it does look like it's gravitating towards a ~5% chance on average? (counting the three entries that didn't drop i.e. 0%)

Looking at the per-stamina costs though, farming Elite bosses still looks way faster, especially with savescumming drops.

Still too early to start making conclusions, but it does look like it's gravitating towards a ~5% chance on average? (counting the three entries that didn't drop i.e. 0%)

Looking at the per-stamina costs though, farming Elite bosses still looks way faster, especially with savescumming drops.

Yea, although you need to factor in the side benefit of doing elite bosses, namely that you won't be getting as many other orbs. Hopefully after a few weeks of this, if people keep it up, we'll have lots of data

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, I mean, most people would be using the Heroics for mass-3* farming anyway, not firing and hoping for 4*s, which are still mainly a bonus more than anything.

It's definitely good data, especially when you are in the "need 3*s, and in the meantime 4*s of that type would also help me get closer to X so I don't have to do as many Elite boss runs" stage.

edit: Speaking of which, what -does- the 3* data look like?

Nohar

Tyro's SB reduces damage (physical and magical) by 60% on all party members, I'm really tempted to blow my 140 (soon to be more I guess) mythril trying to get it. Stacks with protect and shell as well.

Wait, what? The Heal Grimoire's SB heals and reduces damage considerably?
Tyro's usefulness skyrockets with this.

On a side note: Biggs and Wedge are tough (in the sense that Biggs nearly always counterattack, can heal himself, and just has a ton of HP). The boss right after them is easy in comparison.

Oh well. Anyhow, what should I do with my Mythril? I'm not really a fan of Tyro/Cyan/Joseph. I kinda prefer to wait for a more interesting banner to pop.

Yeah, I mean, most people would be using the Heroics for mass-3* farming anyway, not firing and hoping for 4*s, which are still mainly a bonus more than anything.

It's definitely good data, especially when you are in the "need 3*s, and in the meantime 4*s of that type would also help me get closer to X so I don't have to do as many Elite boss runs" stage.

edit: Speaking of which, what -does- the 3* data look like?

Will post tomorrow, already shut off the computer for the night

Razmos

The boss of Lake Bresha 1 (second FFXIII dungeon) was rough, dang. Almost got wiped out by Hellstorm Bolt, and that was even with Celes increasing the parties magic defense

EDIT: eeep, Stiria and Nix weren't much better. That doom counter got dangerously low there.

Razmos

Sigh, the boss of Vile Peaks is even worse than the previous two. Having to beat it twice, having to inflict blind, the fact that my attacks do next to no damage to it, and it has so much health that I've ran out of abilities LONG before I can beat it, just absolutely ridiculous.

It doesn't help that the fucker doesn't have any elemental weaknesses either, making it an even longer battle.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Sigh, the boss of Vile Peaks is even worse than the previous two. Having to beat it twice, having to inflict blind, the fact that my attacks do next to no damage to it, and it has so much health that I've ran out of abilities LONG before I can beat it, just absolutely ridiculous.

It doesn't help that the fucker doesn't have any elemental weaknesses either, making it an even longer battle.

Sounds just like most of XIII!

Maybe I was insanely lucky, but Dark Attack landed blind on the Dreadnought first time in both fights.

The next boss was tough for me... the timer was down to 01 before he finally died. Elite for this will be a nightmare!

Razmos

What's your status on Elites? (Prior to this set of paintings I mean)
the most recent one I mastered was Fabul Castle (IV), difficulty level 34. But that is with synergy.

I've still got quite a few more elites to do (including a bunch level 23+ I missed in VI and X) so I suppose I should just work on those and go back to the new dungeons when I'm a higher level. They aren't going anywhere.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
LOL! At least you didn't have to worry about MP/Magic stocks in FFXIII, but yeah those fights became insane. Especially farming for the last few trophies (dat turtle... *shivers*). I eventually gave up.

Half the game was farming turtles. The crafting system really sucked.

Is there going to be a XIII where we farm turtles? Made worse by having to trade with Dr. Mog? :p

Falk

that puzzling face
the most recent one I mastered was Fabul Castle (IV), difficulty level 34. But that is with synergy.

I've still got quite a few more elites to do (including a bunch level 23+ I missed in VI and X) so I suppose I should just work on those and go back to the new dungeons when I'm a higher level. They aren't going anywhere.

Yeah it's both levels and a healthy dose of orbs that you get from Elites both from drops and first/mastery rewards, not to mention a few really good pieces of 4* gear (that's actually soul break gear for the Core classes but that's besides the point)

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
there going to be a XIII where we farm turtles? Made worse by having to trade with Dr. Mog? :p
lmao now I want this in the most masochist way possible. Event will have a single Pulse stage with only the Adamantoise legs visible on the screen, and you'll need to farm trapezohedrons for Dr. Mog.

Razmos

I'm really curious as to how they are going to do the adamantoise fight in RK.

Is it just going to be 2 pixel art legs, and when you kill them both, the head drops into the screen?
Either way it's gonna be a pretty awesome fight.

...I hope we don't have to fight that Ochu with all it's little babies, I only managed to beat that by spamming Death.

Falk

that puzzling face
All attacks do 1 damage except for Cold Blood soul break from Sazh which one-shots them.

Except Sazh is a reward from the event itself

Cruising along in this. Unlocked FFIII. Have all the new basic dungeons done so far from I(3 new ones), 2(1 new one), all of VIII and XIII...also completed one elite dungeon from FFI and one from XIII and one regular from FFIII. Once you get through III it looks like that opens up more of X and once you get through X that unlocks more of V.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom