• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roto13

Is there a FAQ on backing up saves anywhere? I see stuff for data transfer, but I'd like to make sure no data is backed up, just in case. Really don't want to lose my progress if any thing were to happen.

I'm paranoid about my data too. I lost over a year's worth of work on SE's guardian cross so lesson learned there.

I data transfer my save on my iPhone to my iPad mini, so both devices play the same account with linked save. IDK how to back up with 1 device without requesting data upload daily after it expires each day. This is iOS of course.

Curious (worried) about this, too. The wording inside the app is a little confusing. If I do the first part of the transfer (transmit my data) but do not have a second device, is that info essentially "backed up" in the cloud for the time being? I seem to recall a similar mechanic with Terra Battle, but don't want to make any assumptions and screw something up.

Your save is on a server somewhere. You can't really lose it. That's why your progress instantly carries over if you switch between devices.

johnsmith

remember me
I was away for about 10 days and my playtime was limited for a week or two before that. I have Rinoa.

Do y'all think I'm better off trying to clear as much of the Elite Rinoa event as possible, or moving on to the recently released main content? I'm resigned to the fact that I won't have enough stamina to do everything, so I was figuring I'd skip most of the Elite Rinoa stuff and get back to the main content grind.

You should have more than enough time to finish off most of Rinoa's event. You can do all but the 3 insane elite boss stages pretty easily. The main story chapters aren't going anywhere.

Prototype

Welp... It's back. I keep getting "system error while loading" after every fight.

Not sure what to do. I want to cry T_T

Edit. Game has worked perfect since day 1 too... Not sure what's causing this. Galaxy S5, not rooted or anything. Gonna be really sad if I can't play this anymore.

Vorpal

I decided to attempt elite Presidential Residence for the first time today, savescumming like crazy through the first three stages. When I get to Iguion, I deliberately take a dive so I can use a mythril to heal and reset my skills. As soon as I get back I'm like

AqyY79M.gif

SunGod

edit3: Yeah, without a 5* Blitz Sword (Cloud subs in for Sephiroth) or spending like 5 Mythril per stage to buff up, this isn't happening.

I have the sword but even then I can't help but think I'll have to use mythril to clear it, not worth it (for me) when I have the (extremely small) chance of picking up the Sentinel Grimoire if I save all my mythril over the next few days and try another 11 pull before the banner disappears.

I think I'm just going to spend the next few days farming lesser power orbs to hone retaliate and double cuts, might try and get some greater earth orbs for quake (I don't have it yet :p) armor breakdown (when it's released) and protectga too.

Nohar

I decided to attempt elite Presidential Residence for the first time today, savescumming like crazy through the first three stages. When I get to Iguion, I deliberately take a dive so I can use a mythril to heal and reset my skills. As soon as I get back I'm like

AqyY79M.gif

Thank you for the laugh :D I feel for you man.

Wazzy

Banned
I was away for about 10 days and my playtime was limited for a week or two before that. I have Rinoa.

Do y'all think I'm better off trying to clear as much of the Elite Rinoa event as possible, or moving on to the recently released main content? I'm resigned to the fact that I won't have enough stamina to do everything, so I was figuring I'd skip most of the Elite Rinoa stuff and get back to the main content grind.

You can do the first 6 for sure and 7 with proper abilities(Sleep, Poison, Blind and Ice attacks) but the rest are extrememly hard and not worth it unless you want to spend a lot of mythril.

Roto13

Dollet is easy if you bring enough thunder spells.

HAve I been savescumming wrong this whole time? The game froze in the middle of the last battle so I quit the app and opened it again and it restarted that round. I thought it just let you pick up right where you left off (right in the middle of the battle), so I've been restarting entire floors whenever I needed to reset. Spending so much stamina....

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I wanted a reason to ragequit this game and I got it.
4 x 11 pulls; zero 5 stars; let nobody complain about getting just one/two 5 stars in a single pull.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Dollet is easy if you bring enough thunder spells.

HAve I been savescumming wrong this whole time? The game froze in the middle of the last battle so I quit the app and opened it again and it restarted that round. I thought it just let you pick up right where you left off (right in the middle of the battle), so I've been restarting entire floors whenever I needed to reset. Spending so much stamina....
Yeah, savescumming is force-closing and reopening the app to pick up at the start of a specific round. If you've been just using the actual in-game mechanic of retreating to restart the whole floor then things just got a lot easier for you. :p

Your save is on a server somewhere. You can't really lose it. That's why your progress instantly carries over if you switch between devices.

Careful. One guy played two accounts, on one he synced with Game Center on another he synced with Facebook. The Facebook sync was his main. Somehow something happened where the Game Center sync got on his main phone then synced to the same Facebook account, essentially wiping his main account.

Fuu

Just so we’re clear, if I upload my save data (syncing with Game Center only) and import it to my iPad, I can continue playing there then do the opposite process to continue playing on my iPhone when I go outside, correct?

Has anyone been doing this? I know that’s the gist with cloud saving but this game can be wonky, and since it does online checks with each breath I take I wanted to hear from someone who has been playing like this. I use cloud saving all the time with other iOS games, but with Record Keeper I'm kind of wary of playing on two different devices, even if it's the same account.

Careful. One guy played two accounts, on one he synced with Game Center on another he synced with Facebook. The Facebook sync was his main. Somehow something happened where the Game Center sync got on his main phone then synced to the same Facebook account, essentially wiping his main account.
Yikes. This is the kind of thing I'm afraid of.

Roto13

Yeah, savescumming is force-closing and reopening the app to pick up at the start of a specific round. If you've been just using the actual in-game mechanic of retreating to restart the whole floor then things just got a lot easier for you. :p

I've been closing and opening the app and picking "cancel" to restart the whole floor with whatever I had going in, minus the stamina I spent. I didn't know you could restart individual rounds within a floor!

Well you're not supposed to play two accounts. :p You can play one account on two devices without having to do anything specific.

Just so we’re clear, if I upload my save data (syncing with Game Center only) and import it to my iPad, I can continue playing there then do the opposite process to continue playing on my iPhone when I go outside, correct?

I've been playing on my phone and my tablet (both Android) and I don't even have to manually sync anything. I just close it on my phone and open it on my tablet and there's all of my progress.

Fuu

I've been closing and opening the app and picking "cancel" to restart the whole floor with whatever I had going in, minus the stamina I spent. I didn't know you could restart individual rounds within a floor!

Well you're not supposed to play two accounts. :p You can play one account on two devices without having to do anything specific.

I've been playing on my phone and my tablet (both Android) and I don't even have to manually sync anything. I just close it on my phone and open it on my tablet and there's all of my progress.
Ah right, you're supposed to pick ok instead of cancel when it asks if you want to continue, then it drops you in the same round where you left. You've been missing the true scumming all this time!

And good to know, I'll start playing on the iPad when I'm at home then. My phone's battery will be pleased.

I got the healing grimoire but it seems kinda bad. At least the soul break. I haven't gotten to use it yet since you need 2 bars to use it once. And aeris has an aoe heal soul break for only 1 bar. I'd imagine tyro's is a bigger heal but still... 2 bars. Plus I have 2 judgement staffs ><

Correct. I play on my iPad at home,iPhone at work. There's the one-time "save" from your original device to GameCenter, then the one-time import to the other device. Other than that, you're gtg

Just how is that people are stacked with mythril? Is it just a late/end game thing where mythril is more available. Just was wondering cause I not there yet.

Roto13

Ha, Dark Buster and Kirin is all you need for Diablos.

Just how is that people are stacked with mythril? Is it just a late/end game thing where mythril is more available. Just was wondering cause I not there yet.

Savin' up. Every Classic and Elite painting gives you one Mythril. It adds up pretty quick whenever new paintings are added.

Plus, there's the daily mythril thing going on right now.

Man thats super shitty, putting an inflict blind and sleep for mastery on a boss :/ apparently even one novice is enough to drop you from dungeon mastery. Looks like its time to save scum tomorrow to get one of those to stick

Road

I guess I totally overprepared for T-Rex. He was so easy. Didn't get champion on his fight, but got it for the dungeon. Blind, Venom, Power Break, Blizzard Strike and Retaliate (Double Cut and Quake for the mobs). Brought so many Cura/Curaga, didn't even use half. Didn't even use Cecil's or Aeris' Soul Breaks, just used them to attack Cloud. And I was so scared beforehand I forgot to record the fight.

This is my party, by the way. Tidus is using a 5* Danjuro, but he could have been using Knife and the result would have been the same.

Now I'm debating whether to try Iguions with just 2 Quake uses or not.

Man thats super shitty, putting an inflict blind and sleep for mastery on a boss :/ apparently even one notice is enough to drop you from dungeon mastery. Looks like its time to save scum tomorrow to get one of those to stick

Status as mastery goal is terrible design. It really is at the mercy of RNG since there's nothing that will work 100% of the time. I don't know what would be of us without save/load.

Blasted through all of the VIII elites. <3 I'm going to work on VI's elites now.
The FFVI are pretty easy for the most part, and you have way better gear than I do. My go to weapon right now is a knife. XD

Finished the last one myself just now.

Edit: The first stage of Cavern of Earth 1 Elite is pretty good for Black Orbs for anyone farming them.

I want to do new dungeons but I also want to run the exp daily. Sucks that I can't do both!

It's pretty brutal levelling up 3-4 characters at once.

Wazzy

Banned
The FFVI are pretty easy for the most part, and you have way better gear than I do. My go to weapon right now is a knife. XD

Finished the last one myself just now.

Edit: The first stage of Cavern of Earth 1 Elite is pretty good for Black Orbs for anyone farming them.
It's not too bad! I should be doing record synergy but my gear is getting me through. xD

Hey guys, what are the top orb farming locations at this point?

I mastered everything so far except the Rinoa event which I'm not bothering with. I want to take this week to farm and hone abilities. Hoping to max out some double cuts and bladeblitz mostly. Where do I get Greater Wind Orbs?

I have 82 Mythril. Only spend 1 Mytrhil after the Seifer fight to get Rinoa. Never gambled for Relics yet - I am waiting till I get 100 Mythril for that.

Nohar

Hey guys, what are the top orb farming locations at this point?

I mastered everything so far except the Rinoa event which I'm not bothering with. I want to take this week to farm and hone abilities. Hoping to max out some double cuts and bladeblitz mostly. Where do I get Greater Wind Orbs?

Moblitz (FFVI - Elite), Humbaba.

Falk

that puzzling face
Heh, yeah, my 4-use Bladeblitz was the product of about 3-4 days worth of Stam just doing that place. Was around the Lethe event so it was pretty quiet.

At this juncture though, I'm going to be spending my stam that's not on dailies (don't really need 3* Holy/Non/Wind(lol)/Ice at this point) farming other 3* orbs, since we don't know if this upcoming event is gonna be an adjusted 4* piñata like Aerith's event was. IF it comes out and the rate sucks (unchanged), or if it's not Lenna's event, then I'll swap over to farming 4*s off Elites.

Gonna beef the shit out of my Thundara Strike and Thundagas in prep for FFXIII event.

Prototype

Bad: music in Karnak is headache inducing

Good: game is working again, and the little message you get after beating all the classic dungeons is both a cool added touch and preview of upcoming events.

Nohar

Got Expert for SeeD Exam... All my team was poisoned for Biggs and Wedge. Turns out the damage adds up quickly. I was very lucky to defeat the final boss.
That being said, Luneth hits like a truck once you activate his Soul Break (+35% Attack). At level 30 with the Galbadia Sword and using Dark Buster (after a prior Armor Break), he dealt 7000+ damages. WoL should be able to do the same (+30% Attack). I'll definitly level-up both, since they are more interesting than Kain and Cyan (though that one is the only good Retaliate user I have).

Anyhow, back to Imperial Camp (FFVI - Elite). I really want to beat those Magitek Armor this time now that I have Thundaga (2 uses), Thundara (4 uses) and Thunder Strile (4 uses). Power Break and Armor Break ready, and Aerith will use Seal Evil. It should be doable this time.

I really want a collection event to pop... I need that Quake spell.

Wazzy

Banned
Terra is better but both are good.
Not really. It depends on the gear available and what you prefer more in a party. They both have powerful magic attack and are great support (heck using both in a party is even better) but there differences come down to one being able to take hits better and use 4-star support while the other allows 2-star celerity abilities, better Soul Break and can use thrown weapons.

I would just recommend them based off the dungeon the person is doing and if the gear available is specific to them.

Nohar

Except that there is no reason to equip Linoa with thrown weapons unless you unlocked her unique weapon (which you did IIRC), and more often than not it is probably more interesting to equip them with strong black magic, a powerful rod, and call it a day.

Quick recap (level 50 stats):
  • Terra has 3350 HP - Rinoa has 3015. Advantage Terra.
  • Terra has 71 attack - Rinoa has 76 attack. Advantage Rinoa.
  • Terra has 120 magic -Rinoa has 120 magic. It's a tie.
  • Terra has 58 defense - Rinoa has 58 defense. It's a tie.
  • Terra has 102 resistance - Rinoa has 83 resistance. Advantage Terra.
  • Terra's SB is physical and has its damages reduced by half if used in the back row - Rinoa's SB is physical and is long-ranged.
  • Terra can equip Armors (!), making her far more durable than Rinoa, though the latter can equip Light armors. For the sake of comparison: Rydia can only equip Robes, Hats and Bracers.
  • Both can use 5* Black Magic and 3* White Magic (but can't equip Staves). Terra has 4* Support, whereas Rinoa is restricted to 3* (so no Wrath, Mental Breakdown and Magic Breakdown... not much of a loss). Finally, Rinoa can use 2* Celerity abilities, which is nice I guess, but other characters are better fitted to use them (such as Luneth).
All in all, Terra is the clear winner, having slightly better stats where it counts, and her ability to wear armors makes her much tankier than her FF8 counterpart. Rinoa may get the upper hand if you are lucky enough to get her unique weapon, which is ranged, allowing her to deal nice damages from the back row (probably not enough to outright kill some enemies in Elite dungeons, but surely enough to finish off a weakened one, and of course she becomes a killing machine when used in FF8 world).

Oh, and Rydia has 2345 HP, 43 Defense and 102 Resistance at level 50. And can only equip Robes, Bracers and Hats, as previously mentioned. So, yeah, in any case both Terra and Rinoa are better than Rydia (though she is still an asset if you can exploit summoning).
Rydia, why you so squishy?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Not really. It depends on the gear available and what you prefer more in a party. They both have powerful magic attack and are great support (heck using both in a party is even better) but there differences come down to one being able to take hits better and use 4-star support while the other allows 2-star celerity abilities, better Soul Break and can use thrown weapons.

I would just recommend them based off the dungeon the person is doing and if the gear available is specific to them.

Terra can wear heavier armor and take more hits. That's a pretty big advantage, especially over the ability to use throw weapons, which is useless unless you have her character weapon.

Falk

that puzzling face
4 Greater Orbs so far from the daily. Things are looking up

You know what? I just realized you're like Tiberium sucking up all the nutrients from the ground around you, which explains why no one else is getting 4* orbs.

I'm going to call you Tiberium from now on.

Why oh why have my 3 5* weapon pulls been the guard stick and two judgment staves. Guard stick strong on mag, middling on mnd, and the opposite for the judgment staff. So if I want aeris as a healer, do I go her stick and heal wind(usually my choice) with curaga and biora/agas or this super sexy 6* judgment staff that I will get to level 25 on weapon upgrade day. I feel guilty with the staff just sitting in my inventory rusting or rotting as it were. I guess I could roll a team with aeris as a black Mage with healing wind and two offensive spells and a white Mage with the staff and curaga/dis/other, but that seems like healing overkill in a game that penalizes for long battles. Hmm. First world problems I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom