• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to readjust what the difficulty of these levels are(not the difficulty but what the actual difficulty is, the number next to the dungeon). Some of these FFXIII and VIII Elites are not as advertised. Have been using a team roughly around the difficulty level(low 40s) and have flunked on mastery or just been unable to beat it(FFXIII, 3 and 4 Elite). Might have to bring back my A-Team(Around level 48) to get some clears.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
They need to readjust what the difficulty of these levels are(not the difficulty but what the actual difficulty is, the number next to the dungeon). Some of these FFXIII and VIII Elites are not as advertised. Have been using a team roughly around the difficulty level(low 40s) and have flunked on mastery or just been unable to beat it(FFXIII, 3 and 4 Elite). Might have to bring back my A-Team(Around level 48) to get some clears.
Synergy though?

This, the real problem is synergy. It's a friggin crime that half of these new dungeons there are no synergy gear you can farm.

Parts of this game are really thought out, parts are not and just are plain lazy like no new one star drops for the new paintings. Or they are temptations to spend real money. Probably both. What's the point in one new ffii painting?

Noi

I just got mastery on Dollet elite really easily, but then again, this was my party.

BWvZ06w.jpg

I've mostly been blowing through the elites cause I'm not bothering to bring sub 50 people (except Warrior of Light). I'll just use the Sunday daily to level up any stragglers from the Flan massacre.

Shahed

Managed to give my account to a Gaffer with the One Time Code thingy. Worked easy enough. Well at least Android to Android anyway. Now i won't be tempted to carry on when certain characters appear. Good luck guys and have fun!

rybrad

You guys think doing an 11 pull is worth it right now for someone with no 5 stars or keep holding out for a better character banner?

Falk

that puzzling face
On one banner Valkyrie is going to get you a shit ton of mileage.

On the other you have Tyro's broken soul break.

That being said prepare for tears either way. Or Josef's 5*

You guys think doing an 11 pull is worth it right now for someone with no 5 stars or keep holding out for a better character banner?

I'd roll. There's no guarantee you'll get a 5 star on a different banner.

I've got five 5 stars from one pulling. Hope to make it to 50 before 8 ends. Hoping for the uniform.

elty

Elite Dollet is a bitch. Hone that thundaga and thunder strike, damn, and bring cures. I used Rinoa with Curaga and Watera, BMage with Thundaga and Thundara and Celes with Thunder and Drain strike. Probably would have swapped Aerith (with guard stick break) for one of the scrubs and put another strong bmagic on rinoa

I run this

49 Cloud / Buster sword / lv2 double cut / lv2 thunder strike
42 Rinoa / light rod / lv2 thundera / lv2 thunderga
48 Tidus / that VIII sword / lv2 double cut / lv1 armor break
48 Aerith / Judgement Staff / lv3 Cura / lv2 Curaga
48 Sephiroth / Danjuro / lv2 double cut / lv1 power break

1st boss: No skill use, 11/12 master
2nd boss: a few double cut, 1 thundera used, 10/12 master
3rd boss: 1 double cut each, 1 thunderga used, 9/12 no master
4th boss:
Ran in with only 2 charges of curaga left, but almost everything else in full charge.

Armor break, power break, cloud limit break, thunderga, double cut. Boss died in 3 or 4 rounds. About 6 charges of double cut, 4 charges thunderstrike and 3 charges of thundera left.

11/12 master

Should have used more on the previous boss, oh well glad to get this done.

elty

Just beat Odin with 11 seconds left, heard this guy has 100K HP.

49 Cloud / Buster sword / lv2 double cut / lv2 thunder strike
42 Rinoa / light rod / lv2 blizzardga / lv2 comet
48 Tidus / platinum sword / lv2 double cut / lv1 boost
48 Aerith / Judgement Staff / lv2 Dia / lv2 Curaga
48 Sephiroth / Danjuro / lv2 double cut / lv1 armor break

boost -> armor break -> double cut / limit break / spell / dia all in, only heal when someone around 30% HP.

Maybe should use another spell than Dia, as it does shitty damage (like 1300).

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm surprised you're not doing retaliate shenanigans considering you have a buster sword.

Aerith can then do 3k+ damage per turn. :V

Kilika woods elite. Man, lord ocho and sinspawn whatever elite are extremely tough with no rs equipment. I save scummed the hell out of ocho and finally had a round where he only counter quaked once. then sinspawn, got really lucky. What saved me was I was carrying the white mage and her prayer kept me upright. wm with curagax8 curax10 and prayer, used every ounce of that. thought I would have to use a mytril, but managed to survive and master. phew.

Xetherion

I just got a 2* Giant's Helm (II) off a trash mob in Lake Bresha I Classic! Looks like we're finally getting 2* gear farmable from mobs other than bosses!

Wazzy

Banned
Dollet elite mastered! It was pretty simple for me because of my gear and I gave thunder moves to everyone except Tidus.

Gonna work on the rest of VIII's elites and see how they go.

Falk

that puzzling face
Been doing the elites in order of recommended numerical difficulty.

At FFX's 2nd last elite now and a Zuu just blasted Aerith for 4k

image.php

Nohar

So, what is the most interesting way to level-up right now? Chain the Hard difficulty dungeon or pray to be able to down the first level of the Heroic version and get mastery before leaving?

So, what is the most interesting way to level-up right now? Chain the Hard difficulty dungeon or pray to be able to down the first level of the Heroic version and get mastery before leaving?
I can only beat heroic with my best team, and they're already at level 50. I'll complete it once for the mythril before going back to hard.

Falk

that puzzling face
The boss counters with balls.

Shot a mute ball at Aerith and I was '... shit'

And then the damage number came up and she died in one hit anyway and I was '............. shit'

edit: Finally RNGed one attempt where he managed to not 1-shot Aerith the duration of the fight. Holy shit. Gonna take a break from elites to farm another rank of Intimidate before I do the last FFX one.

(FFX bosses this batch all seem susceptible to paralyze)

Falk

that puzzling face
I kinda prefer this to the snoozefest the previous batch was tbh.

Leave some shit for later and go farm stuff now instead; the elites and the mythril/stamina shards aren't going to go anywhere anyway and the next batch only comes in like ~22 days.

I say that, but I only have FFV elites left and am sitting at 98 stam rofl

edit: I went ahead and reconfigured and did the last FFX elite. Chocobo Eater AOEs for ~800.

Except I managed to nuke him within two Intimidates and he only got one attack off. Long live Buster Sword retaliate meta. No mage:

Tidus (Double Cut, Intimidate)
Wakka (Double Cut, Boost) - 2 guys with double cut, FFX characters for larger HP pool
Cloud (Retaliate, Fire Strike) - alternating
Aerith (Curaga, Esuna)
Sephiroth (Armor Break, Bladeblitz) - Bladeblitz for trash

With Boost and Armor Break kept applied, Cloud hits for ~2.5k and Aerith spent every turn attacking Cloud instead of healing :lol

(*) indicates I have less than 5 runs, so it's hard to make a conclusion.

I don't yet have enough data to make any conclusions about 3* orbs, so hopefully people keep running the dungeons. I really need about 10 runs of each.

Wish I could help. While I personally think stat gathering is pretty benign (anyone remember thottbot lol) I really shouldn't run or endorse any third-party tools for obvious reasons.

My data collection experiment is going far better than I could have imagined. As of this moment, I have data for 1,142 runs of various dungeons. Crazy! I thought I'd be lucky to hit 500. Eventually I'll try to make this tool more accessible to more people, but in the meantime, here's some info.

(*) Lesser Power Orb - Figaro Castle - 2nd Floor (7.5 Stamina / Orb)
Lesser White Orb - Mount Gulg - 2nd Level (5.4 Stamina / Orb)
Lesser Black Orb - Mount Gulg - 3rd Level (5.54 Stamina / Orb)
Lesser Non-Elemental Orb - Cavern of Earth 2 - 6th Level (7.07 Stamina / Orb)
(*) Lesser Lightning Orb - Figaro Castle - 2nd Floor (7.5 Stamina / Orb)
Lesser Fire Orb - Cavern of Earth 1 - 3rd Level (4.24 Stamina / Orb)
Lesser Earth Orb - Dreadnought - Ammunition Storage (5.14 Stamina / Orb)
Lesser Ice Orb - Dreadnought - Gun Deck (6.23 Stamina / Orb)
Lesser Holy Orb - Balamb Barden 2 - Road to the Frontier (10 Stamina / Orb)
(*) Lesser Dark Orb - Castle of Elements: Hard - Part 2 (5 Stamina / Orb)
(*) Lesser Wind Orb - Castle Walse - Walse Storm Tower - 4th Floor (7.5 Stamina / Orb)

I don't yet have enough data to make any conclusions about 3* orbs, so hopefully people keep running the dungeons. I really need about 10 runs of each.

Nohar

(*) Lesser Power Orb - Figaro Castle - 2nd Floor (7.5 Stamina / Orb)
Lesser White Orb - Mount Gulg - 2nd Level (5.4 Stamina / Orb)
Lesser Black Orb - Mount Gulg - 3rd Level (5.54 Stamina / Orb)
Lesser Non-Elemental Orb - Cavern of Earth 2 - 6th Level (7.07 Stamina / Orb)
(*) Lesser Lightning Orb - Figaro Castle - 2nd Floor (7.5 Stamina / Orb)
Lesser Fire Orb - Cavern of Earth 1 - 3rd Level (4.24 Stamina / Orb)
Lesser Earth Orb - Dreadnought - Ammunition Storage (5.14 Stamina / Orb)
Lesser Ice Orb - Dreadnought - Gun Deck (6.23 Stamina / Orb)
Lesser Holy Orb - Balamb Barden 2 - Road to the Frontier (10 Stamina / Orb)
(*) Lesser Dark Orb - Castle of Elements: Hard - Part 2 (5 Stamina / Orb)
(*) Lesser Wind Orb - Castle Walse - Walse Storm Tower - 4th Floor (7.5 Stamina / Orb)

Is this data for Classic or Elite dungeons?

Falk

that puzzling face
Oh my God here's a current meta protip:

GET INTIMIDATE AND HONE IT AT LEAST ONCE.

Made many of the FFX Elite bosses and Garula from FFV a complete cakewalk.

OEOMOtJ.jpg

Nohar

Finally some 2* drops! I hope the community (Reddit) will quickly list where to get what (and cpp_is_king is also very helpful, I can't wait to see the results of the data collection).

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The xp heroic daily was the easiest so far for me, I mastered it in my first try and I even had a level 10 Snow along for the ride in Terra's place.

Anyway, I was feeling down after going unprepared and taking a massive beating from Shiva and her gang at Castle Walse Elite yesterday (I didn't even unequip blizzaga lol), and decided to take the plunge on another 11 pull today.

NtixnAK.png

Still no character specific relic, but not too shabby either. I was definitely needing another good sword and the FFVIII synergy from that and the Balamb Garden Uniform won't hurt either.

rdtKp7I.jpg

My first natural 5 star weapon/s not sure if I should combine into a 6 star judgement staff + or roll with two offensive mages. Rinoa is strong enough to take that role though I'd have to grind another black hood ++

Edit: oh wait judgement staff is a mind weapon?! Lol fuck me

Edit 2: I guess the 2x hypno crown is the big winner with this pull. Should make the ffv dailies a lot easier

My last three 5*s have been rather lackluster. A second judgement staff, a healing grimoire, and golden spear. I need a sword/katana or monk weapon but the game refuses to comply with my demands!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom