• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorpal

Eh, is it? Lots of 13 synergy gear, plus I didn't mention the 4* and 3* stuff, alot of which i can combine. I mean a soul break item would have been nice, but overall I think it wasn't too bad. Least i got some 5* weapons and some gear that is hard to synergize for

I only said that because you were gunning for Vanille's weapon. Definitely a good haul otherwise. I'd love some XIII synergy stuff

I'd love XIII gear period lol

I really didn't want to do a 50 pull on Vanille of all characters (kind of wanted to wait for Lightning :X) but I know I'm going to be SOL trying to grind Heroic without any XIII synergy gear.

Though you do seem to get a fair amount of memories even on hard

thedan001

Looks like heroic mode for Vanille event is gonna take some prep work similar to rinoa's elite mode

High honed abilities and elemental weakness with high level Snow/Vanille for mastery, retaliate meta could work good also

edit: some already beaten heroic in subreddit without too much trouble as long as you have the right abilities and a good strategy

elty

Behemont is the toughest enemy in heroic,. It can rake your entire group for 1500+ damage. Bring dark buster - I didn't and really regret it.

I just finished the 4th battle and almost all of my ability is gone. Only left with a total of 3 double cut, 7 cura, 5 curaga, 6 retaliate and 3 boost. I hope someone will level up to replenish lol.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What does that mean?

retaliate makes it so that if anything attacks the party member that uses it, the attack misses and the user counter-attacks. it works if you attack yourself. so you put retaliate on your heaviest hitter, and then your healer can attack him and do mega damage. also works with double cut, so you can put double cut on your healer and they can attack for 2x your strongest character's damage.

Falk

that puzzling face
Is here anyone who can equip fist weapon and use retaliate? Would make this kaiser knuckle pretty nice

Tyro's time to shine rofl

p.s. I took one for the team, blew 12 stamina, did Heroic and retreated. You do keep the Memory Crystals from retreating even on Heroic.

Ashodin

Hard Anima sniped me wtf!
burn.gif

Oh crap I used a mythril to heal my b tier party for hard anime and he/she hits hard D:

Now I feel compelled to finish the fight because I used mythril

Edit: Did it, no mastery due to losing 2 characters at the end (the fact Anima always gets to counter before dying is BS) but still 7000 memory gems with the b team on hard was pretty good. That's only what 17-18 runs of hard mode to get Thundaja? If you do at least hard mode twice a day that shouldn't be an issue at all.

I only said that because you were gunning for Vanille's weapon. Definitely a good haul otherwise. I'd love some XIII synergy stuff

Ahh, yea. That was a bummer. On the bright side I already got Vanille to 40 using some eggs I'd been saving, so i think it's time to rip heroic to shreds :)

In all honesty though, i think I'll need to upgrade a few of these pieces first before i can tackle it. But I'm gonna give it a shot after my stamina refreshes from clearing the first three difficulties

Vorpal

Ahh, yea. That was a bummer. On the bright side I already got Vanille to 40 using some eggs I'd been saving, so i think it's time to rip heroic to shreds :)

In all honesty though, i think I'll need to upgrade a few of these pieces first before i can tackle it. But I'm gonna give it a shot after my stamina refreshes from clearing the first three difficulties

I'll be interested to hear how you do in Heroic. How many pieces of XIII gear did you get in total? I'm tempted to try it out but I'm saving most of my Growth Eggs for Locke, so I won't even have character synergy going for me.

I threw 20 mythril at the Vanille banner and came away with a bunch of 3-stars and then a third Zantetsuken. I think my RNGesus is obsessed with Zantetsukens

Balphon

Tyro's time to shine rofl

p.s. I took one for the team, blew 12 stamina, did Heroic and retreated. You do keep the Memory Crystals from retreating even on Heroic.

It may be a mistake, since the rules straight up say you don't unless I am misremembering.

I'm in the middle of the dungeon or I'd check.

Red Mage

Actions Taken ratings on Hard difficulty are pretty cutthroat. Managed to come away with only 1 medal after a battle that didn't last long at all. On the plus side, after getting demolished in the later stages of the Rinoa event, I was expecting my party to take a lot more damage but Hard isn't too bad. Heroic, of course, will likely be a different story!

I think the event announcement even says that you can't retreat. Weird

Photobombed by your volume barrrrrr

On my phone, you capture an image by holding the volume and power button at the same time. >_>

Roto13

What are my odds of accomplishing anything on Heroic without the Retaliate meta? I might be better off just clearing Hard a bunch of times.

I'll be interested to hear how you do in Heroic. How many pieces of XIII gear did you get in total? I'm tempted to try it out but I'm saving most of my Growth Eggs for Locke, so I won't even have character synergy going for me.

I threw 20 mythril at the Vanille banner and came away with a bunch of 3-stars and then a third Zantetsuken. I think my RNGesus is obsessed with Zantetsukens

Total i got 2 gold bangles, 1 kaiser knuckle, 1 healing staff

The bangles are nice because they have really high RES

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
WzsCiw9.png

IiQn4cO.jpg

I didn't expect anything good but it was even worse.

6/11 of that is XII equipment.

My previous 11 pulls were good but after this I don't think I'll be saving up 50 mythril anymore, the disappointment is way heavier than the satisfaction.

Pulled two singles and got 4* sledgehammer and 4* Ten Gallon Hat. Not bad as the hat +102 Eva.

Bring on the daily mythrils, I need FFXIII gear!

Balphon

My previous 11 pulls were good but after this I don't think I'll be saving up 50 mythril anymore, the disappointment is way heavier than the satisfaction.

Cat Claws is my second best weapon. :(

Vorpal

Bleeehh :| But I agree that spending Mythril in increments of 5 is better for maintaining sanity. I had a crappy 11-pull and my first instinct was to buy a second one, which I did, and it was also crappy, so I put down my phone and then looked at myself in the mirror. I couldn't even recognize the face that was staring back at me

Not really but you get what I'm saying. #5atatimeclub

Noi

I did three single relic pulls. I got pretty excited when I saw a new fist weapon, even if it was three star, but it was just the Venom Claw. :lol. Guess I can level up Snow in the VI realms now.

Also, man this event is stingy. Even the Rinoa and Celes events came with VI gear to use, this just has that single glove way latter in the reward tier.

WzsCiw9.png

IiQn4cO.jpg

Yeah. Screw the 50 mythril. I'd rather take my despair in tiny, easy to digest, bite-size chunks. Gonna do a few single pulls...

MicH

Put retaliate on strongest physical attacker ideally with record synergy on weapon and character

Put boost on support character, everyone else give double cut and breaks

turn 1 boost the retaliate user, break enemy stats

Turn 2 everyone double cuts retaliate user, laugh as everything dies

Essentially in a nutshell, one person retaliates, your other party members attack him, and he hits the enemy instead. No auto attack I'm afraid.

retaliate makes it so that if anything attacks the party member that uses it, the attack misses and the user counter-attacks. it works if you attack yourself. so you put retaliate on your heaviest hitter, and then your healer can attack him and do mega damage. also works with double cut, so you can put double cut on your healer and they can attack for 2x your strongest character's damage.
Oh, that's pretty cool. Can healers typically use Double Cut, though?

So what do I need? Retaliate, Double Cut, Boost and all the break abilities? What's te best setup for this?

I had a meh 11 pull too just now, some okay weapons but nothing special. I still have almost enough for 2 more but I'm saving them for a better banner.

So far it's pretty breezy, but i ran out of stamina at behemoth, and that's going to be the real test, because i decked everyone out in RES gear instead of DEF gear.

elty

Damn couldn't master heroic. Wasted to many medal on trash.

I should have brought tidus with dark buster and boost instead of tyro.

Vorpal

So far it's pretty breezy, but i ran out of stamina at behemoth, and that's going to be the real test, because i decked everyone out in RES gear instead of DEF gear.

Avenge me

FLzYL25.png

I was able to savescum through the first six or so battles of Heroic--I even managed to get through an Anima (albeit with a -3 medal loss)--but I've hit a wall with this Behemoth. The AE attacks hit hard and fast. It's hard to keep up even with Kirin and Curaga, and my gear is pretty decent. This is probably where your XIII gear will be seriously helpful

Avenge me

FLzYL25.png

I was able to savescum through the first six or so battles of Heroic--I even managed to get through an Anima (albeit with a -3 medal loss)--but I've hit a wall with this Behemoth. The AE attacks hit hard and fast. It's hard to keep up even with Kirin and Curaga, and my gear is pretty decent. This is probably where your XIII gear will be seriously helpful

I also have Wakka's Official Ball, so Status Reels I hope will really do a number on him. Only 1 more stamina and I can try. Although now that I think about it, there's no guarantee that the next fight is Behemoth. Haven't been paying attention to what route I'm on

Roto13

Avenge me

FLzYL25.png

How many memories would you have ended up with if you had been smart and retreated instead of fighting Behemoth? :p

Vorpal

I also have Wakka's Official Ball, so Status Reels I hope will really do a number on him. Only 1 more stamina and I can try. Although now that I think about it, there's no guarantee that the next fight is Behemoth. Haven't been paying attention to what route I'm on

Yeah, definitely. I've used Status Reels + Armor Break to start doing some serious damage with Thunder Strike and Thundaga, it's just taken too long to get to that point. Ideally the battle would start with Wakka eating some single-target hits to charge up his soul break. (And then the Behemoth missing on all of his attacks for the rest of the battle)

How many memories would you have ended up with if you had been smart and retreated instead of fighting Behemoth? :p

Don't even act like I didn't S/L that mess!

Edit: Well, I managed to beat him in a fight where he never used Rake. I still lost 2 medals for Damage Taken, putting me at -7 for the run. Not bad, not great. 2 battles left to go.

Yeah, definitely. I've used Status Reels + Armor Break to start doing some serious damage with Thunder Strike and Thundaga, it's just taken too long to get to that point. Ideally the battle would start with Wakka eating some single-target hits to charge up his soul break. (And then the Behemoth missing on all of his attacks for the rest of the battle)

Don't even act like I didn't S/L that mess!

Damn, apparently I'm on the "best" route, which means I have to fight 2 Animas. :-/ Probably not going to be able to clear if that's the case. My run just now was against Myrmidon who I somehow lost 2 Medals for Actions taken. I guess i was too stingy on my ability use, but I was trying to conserve them for later fights. From here on out, looks like my fights are Behemoth > Warmech > Anima > Anima. Yay. At least this event is around for a while. Worst case scenario I can farm wednesday and saturday all day for gil, then friday and next tuesday all day armor / weapon upgrade materials.

I'm sure I can get Thundaja by farming hard, but at the same time I'd like to use that time for something else if possible.

Well, decided to use a mythril to restore stamian because if I'm in over my head, I want to know in time to farm some weapon upgrade materials tonight. Smacked the shit out of Behemoth. I think he only got in about 3 attacks on me. On the other hand, I probably used way more abilities than I should have, so we'll see how far I can get, lol. I might retreat before the first Anima encounter.

Noi

I dumped all the Growth Eggs from the event + the Major Growth Egg from the Lenna event on Vanille.

The Major Egg alone got her from level 34 to 40. Was laughing my ass off at how ridiculous it was.

Vorpal

Well, decided to use a mythril to restore stamian because if I'm in over my head, I want to know in time to farm some weapon upgrade materials tonight. Smacked the shit out of Behemoth. I think he only got in about 3 attacks on me. On the other hand, I probably used way more abilities than I should have, so we'll see how far I can get, lol. I might retreat before the first Anima encounter.

Damn, nice! I had a battle with two Wights after the behemoth. It was a very welcome change of pace. I'm in the final battle now and it's a second Anima. My abilities were tanked so I decided to revive with a mythril. I'll probably only run Heroic this once, so I'm trying to ensure the Mastery rewards. Don't think I could comfortablly farm Heroic even if I took a few days to hone gear/abilities.

Yea, I managed to kill the first Anima, but I had 3 deaths and it was down to the wire. I'm not sure stacking RES was the right way to go. If you keep magic break on his arm then it cuts the damage down a lot anyway. I think one problem was that my retaliater wasn't doing all that much damage to the boss. Like 1100 per hit, because I didn't have that good of a weapon. I think if I upgrade these weapons and armor some I should be able to clear it, and possibly get mastery. I left with about 8000 whatever-that-stuff-is though, so I guess that's good.

Wazzy

Banned
Did an 11 pull, got the gold bangle, ba lamb garden uni two fours I can combine to 4+ And a four I can combine to 4++. The gold bangle, damn those stats are good.

http://imgur.com/ziyb8zO

Woohoo!

Edit: imgur not showing up for me, so a link.
Gratz y'all! Those are some great pulls. I'm gonna try one pull Friday but that's about it and hopefully it's good.
11 pull

0 5stars
0 XIII items

At least I got a VIII 4* from Rinoa banner.

image.php
Damn. Which 4*?

Vorpal

98UwHbD.png

Squeaked by with exactly 65 medals, which I think is the cutoff for Mastery. For Anima, I destroyed on arm with normal attacks and Rydia's Firaga, and then I basically used everything I had all at once. Kirin, Boost on Cloud, Armor Break + Status Reels on Anima, Cloud's Soul Break, and then Retaliate.

Wakka and Sephiroth used Double Cut on Cloud, Aerith and Rydia just attacked. I got hit with one Thundara (or whatever Anima uses) but killed him before the second. Cloud was hitting for around ~3300, and then when something wore off, ~2000. I think the key is to minimize counters from Anima as much as possible so that your party isn't too weak when the Thundara cast comes around. I kept it down to only three counters between debuffs and Cloud's soul break.

I bet a leveled Vanille would help a lot. I lost out on 3 medals just because I didn't bring her along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom