• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I really want to do a paid pull but I'm not sure I can justify a rod/fist banner. My other char weapon is josef's fists. Hmm.

If we get a good relic for Vanille and Snow I will probably do a paid pull just because a Danjuro would actually be nice at this point, and Vanille's relic soul break is pretty amazing. Not sure what else on the horizon to watch out for, but Vanille's relic SB seems like it's in the top tier. Although I do have over 50 mythril, so if I get lucky and get something on my first pull, that would be nice.

Road

^It's after 5pm PDT, not PST.

Good thing they're giving us another 10 mythril. I spent the last 10 on inventory /hoarder. At least I'm not leaving it to RNG.

Don't forget to get today's free relic draw before it resets with the event update.

And Magissa and Forza are finally down! I think I'm done with the elites for now... Just have the last 4 FFV ones to go and they sound nastily intimidating.

Time for Vanille!

Btw, is there a reason everyone seems to be leveling up the core class mages?

Negator

And Magissa and Forza are finally down! I think I'm done with the elites for now... Just have the last 4 FFV ones to go and they sound nastily intimidating.

Time for Vanille!

Amazing Record Materia. Their Record Materia II refreshes a charge of each magic ability after every battle.

Falk

that puzzling face

I dunno man, if you can do Magissa and Forza everything else from the first batch was absolute cake in comparison.

I dunno man, if you can do Magissa and Forza everything else from the first batch was absolute cake in comparison.

I've done all the elites except for the last four FFV ones... I tested out Shiva and her merry men and she gave me a lethal walloping.

Time for Vanille!

FFIV was a lot easier than FFV elite. Probably cause I had 4 characters and tons of synergy gear.

Road

Rewards requirement are half of the Japanese event. Vanille is 1/6th of the price.

Let's just hope the shard drops from the monsters haven't been halved as well.

For those waiting for the draw rates;

1% Kaiser Knuckles, Gold Bangle and Binding Rod
0.699%: Balamb Garden Uniform, Blitz Sword, Judgment Staff, Zantetsuken, Golden Spear, Danjuro, Regal Gown, Genji Armor/Shield/Helm
0.001%: the rest of 5*.

Falk

that puzzling face
O damn, Anima is ANIMATED

Too bad it seems to be bosses only though. Those dancing bird guys would have been hilarious animated in 2D.

SunGod

Rewards requirement are half of the Japanese event.

Let's just hope the shard drops from the monsters haven't been halved as well.

The announcement page has a list of maximum possible memories per difficulty, it's the same as the Japanese version. I'm going back to the Lenna event after I get Vanille...

Falk

that puzzling face
11 pull

0 5stars
0 XIII items

At least I got a VIII 4* from Rinoa banner.

image.php

Vorpal

Actions Taken ratings on Hard difficulty are pretty cutthroat. Managed to come away with only 1 medal after a battle that didn't last long at all. On the plus side, after getting demolished in the later stages of the Rinoa event, I was expecting my party to take a lot more damage but Hard isn't too bad. Heroic, of course, will likely be a different story!

I thought you guys said you couldn't retreat with your memories in the vanille event? It looks like you still can at least on easy

I think the event announcement even says that you can't retreat. Weird

http://imgur.com/ziyb8zO

Woohoo!

Edit: imgur not showing up for me, so a link.

Photobombed by your volume barrrrrr

hfz9hukl.jpg

No 5* or FFXIII gear but I'm not complaining. Got some nice blades and other swag... Also, WoL needed a nice axe. I'm definitely ready for FFXII at least. 😂

Did 3 11 pulls, 2 of which were paid I didn't get the Binding Rod (sad face), but I did get mostly 8, 10, and 13 gear so i guess it's not too bad. Got a Kaiser Knuckle, 2 gold bangles, and 2 blitz swords.

elty

What's a good level to attempt the Vanille hard?

My high 30/low 40 new character team (WoL / Gordon / Lenna / Snow / Luneth) blew through the hard mode with ease. It is slightly harder than Lenna hard event. Boss hit for like 300.
Anyone attempt heroic yet?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Just did my 11 rare pull.

Got a 5* XIII Kaiser Knuckles, 2 4* VIII Mesmerize Blades, and a 4* VI Gravity Rod. The rest were 3* items, but I got another VI Red Cap to combine with the other one I already had. Pretty decent haul.

Falk

that puzzling face
Not gonna lie having Vanille at 25, holding a Thunder Rod+ (3*+) and recharging her Thundagas every other stage because she levels up is all kinds of awesome rofl.

Vorpal

Of course right after I post like "my party's barely taking damage ha ha!" everyone gets hit in the face with four sequential Wave Cannons or whatever.

Did 3 11 pulls, 2 of which were paid I didn't get the Binding Rod (sad face), but I did get mostly 8, 10, and 13 gear so i guess it's not too bad. Got a Kaiser Knuckle, 2 gold bangles, and 2 blitz swords.

Oof. That's rough.

MicH

God I'm so behind on this game. Is there a good black magic user that hits okay gard with auto attack? My Rydia is almost level 50. Also, same question for white magic user. Currently use Aerith

Not gonna lie having Vanille at 25, holding a Thunder Rod+ (3*+) and recharging her Thundagas every other stage because she levels up is all kinds of awesome rofl.

I went with healer vanille for some dumb reason, would love to have had an infinite amount of thundara to cast :(

Falk

that puzzling face
God I'm so behind on this game. Is there a good black magic user that hits okay gard with auto attack? My Rydia is almost level 50. Also, same question for white magic user. Currently use Aerith

Everyone hits hard with retaliate meta

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'll partake in this 11 pull festival tomorrow, I'm at 47 mythril and no stamina. I'll probably drop the game if I don't get a single 5*. /half-joke

B.K.

I just got 8500 points on the Hard dungeon in the Vanille event. I faced two Animas during it. I thought I was going to die during the second fight with it, but I managed to kill it.

Woah, that was quick. I wasn't paying attention to the reward costs for the Vanille even but when I got that squeaky imp after my easy and normal run, I checked and everything is cheaper by half than the Japan version. Thundaja will be mine without too many grinds!

Of course right after I post like "my party's barely taking damage ha ha!" everyone gets hit in the face with four sequential Wave Cannons or whatever.

Oof. That's rough.

Eh, is it? Lots of 13 synergy gear, plus I didn't mention the 4* and 3* stuff, alot of which i can combine. I mean a soul break item would have been nice, but overall I think it wasn't too bad. Least i got some 5* weapons and some gear that is hard to synergize for

What does that mean?

Put retaliate on strongest physical attacker ideally with record synergy on weapon and character

Put boost on support character, everyone else give double cut and breaks

turn 1 boost the retaliate user, break enemy stats

Turn 2 everyone double cuts retaliate user, laugh as everything dies

Falk

that puzzling face
What does that mean?

Is there a way to play the Retaliate game with auto attack? If there is I have seriously been playing wrong this entire time.

Retaliate means:
- You only need to boost 1 person, saving turns. Boost last through rounds while Breaks don't (they need to be applied on each mob)
- Every single person on your team, healer included, will deal the damage of your boosted person.
- Everyone with a double cut will deal twice that, per turn. And it's better than a vanilla double cut in that it will hit two different mobs if the first one dies, and carry between rounds.
- Your gear requirement drops from needing 3 (or 4) good RS weapons to one.
- Your base orb requirements drop to honing Boost, Double Cuts, Retaliate to a reasonable number. Obviously you'll need other things per fight, but that's the core.

Essentially in a nutshell, one person retaliates, your other party members attack him, and he hits the enemy instead. No auto attack I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom