• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to say that the old games are tough to go back to on iOS or steam due to using emulator speed buttons. Just so much time spent grinding that I don't have time for anymore or desire. My iPad is a squenix machine at this point, I keep buying them but not playing them because of tedium.

Razmos

Just went on it without seeing this thread. Saw that it was downloading data, thought "Oh, what is this?"

MORE free Mythril? AND confirmation of the Vanille event?

Awesome.

Falk

that puzzling face
Have to say that the old games are tough to go back to on iOS or steam due to using emulator speed buttons. Just so much time spent grinding that I don't have time for anymore or desire. My iPad is a squenix machine at this point, I keep buying them but not playing them because of tedium.

Someone with a PC bias at SQEX US (the day anyone at SQEX JP gets a devoted interest in PC is the day we have world peace) really needs to step in and call some shots for the Steam version of the games. I mean, those are the best hope for posterity - while consoles come and go and iOS simply just breaks games every other year with OS updates, Steam still remains theoretically the best way to keep a franchise's legacy together in one place.

I mean, honestly after thinking about it a while I can't say I mind IV's 15fps battle screens terribly much (FF7 was pretty much nearly as bad lol) but the UIs are ugly as sin and some really, REALLY basic QoL features like having more save slots and frameskip/fast forward for combat across all Steam entries would be awesome.

For whatever reason, they decided to do it with FF8 (God mode, in-built fast forward, etc), but nothing else. Not even FF7.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I wish I could press and hold to select characters in battle. Can be a bit of a drag when the one that needs to use the first skill in a combo (*cough* retaliate) is the last one to fill the bar at the start of the round, especially when you accidentally skip over them and have to go through the whole party again.

Razmos

God I would kill for the ability to save party loadouts, so that if I was switching from a X dungeon to a VI one I could just select the VI party and it will all switch over at once.

It would be so damn useful. At the moment it's just a slog to switch around party members and switch around equipment, when it could be so much simpler.

Vorpal

God I would kill for the ability to save party loadouts, so that if I was switching from a X dungeon to a VI one I could just select the VI party and it will all switch over at once.

It would be so damn useful. At the moment it's just a slog to switch around party members and switch around equipment, when it could be so much simpler.

Seriously. I've wanted party loadouts since the first few days of playing the game. Imagine how nice it would be to pull up your preset IV or VI party for dailies and then go back to whatever else you were doing!

I realize that's pretty much the same scenario you described but it bears repeating damn it!

Red Mage

Yes, yes, yes. >_>

Razmos

11214267_873076956097248_8561338432850979332_n.jpg

*drowning in Mythril*
(they are like 450 likes away)

Shouta

Yes, we have party layouts now and they ability to totally unequip your current party was added recently to make it easier to do, lol

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I think I'll just stock up on weapon upgrade materials today to prep for my 11 rare pull after the next event starts.

Jyrii

Banned
I have now done all elites except for the 70+ V ones.

Tried Castle Walse, but got wiped out against Shiva and her henchies.

Think I have to leave these four alone till I get better armor and hones.

Razmos

I've gotta admit, Vanille was one of my favourite characters in FFXIII. I loved her whole section of the game with Sazh, due to it being both the most beautiful area in the game, with 2 of the best characters in the game, with a pretty dark twist, and then an epic boss fight.

It's a shame she was
absent for most of XIII-2, but I loved how she played a vital role in Lightning Returns.

Vanille's Regret, Sazh's Sorrow

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Decided to try for the sentinel's grimmore before the banner goes away and got the healing one instead. That one's still pretty good, right?

Also got 2x storm spears to combine with the one I already have, another wizard armlet, and a 4* FFX sword so I ain't even mad.

I've gotta admit, Vanille was one of my favourite characters in FFXIII. I loved her whole section of the game with Sazh, due to it being both the most beautiful area in the game, with 2 of the best characters in the game, with a pretty dark twist, and then an epic boss fight.

It's a shame she was
absent for most of XIII-2, but I loved how she played a vital role in Lightning Returns.

Vanille's Regret, Sazh's Sorrow

I don't think I've often read people talk in praise of vanille. I personally think she is an alright character.

How will they do Barrett?

like this:
7f2e81fa95c05ad2d99284e8db9511b5.png

yeah, as soon as i saw red xiii was in this i realised that the character specific, epic weapons wouldn't be a problem but what about the regular stuff? does he equip 'gloves' or something? some characters have a bit of fluidity to them in this game, like selphie equips staffs, which makes sense i guess but barrett? swords? knives?

i am kind of asking a silly question now that it's obvious barrett is in this game. looks like i should just research!

Razmos

yeah, as soon as i saw red xiii was in this i realised that the character specific, epic weapons wouldn't be a problem but what about the regular stuff? does he equip 'gloves' or something? some characters have a bit of fluidity to them in this game, like selphie equips staffs, which makes sense i guess but barrett? swords? knives?

i am kind of asking a silly question now that it's obvious barrett is in this game. looks like i should just research!
Probably just Grappling (claws, gloves, ect), Guns and Gun Arms, maybe hammers? Daggers obviously, since all characters can use them.

I tried googling it, but can't find anywhere that says what he can use.

rybrad

Any orbs (or eggs I guess) that I should make sure to get from the Lenna event? I got Bladeblitz and Quake made so I am thinking buy all the summon orbs and call it good on the event and move to the new one when it hits tonight.

I'm planning on grabbing the Majors + all the summoning orbs and then focusing on the new event. Although, is it a good plan to grab the Greater Lightnings? Those aren't easily farmable like the rest of the Greaters, right?

rybrad

I'm planning on grabbing the Majors + all the summoning orbs and then focusing on the new event. Although, is it a good plan to grab the Greater Lightnings? Those aren't easily farmable like the rest of the Greaters, right?
I thought I saw a spreadsheet or post somewhere that mentioned picking up the Greater Lightnings. With so many spreadsheets, websites and apps floating around it is hard for me to keep track though.

I thought I saw a spreadsheet or post somewhere that mentioned picking up the Greater Lightnings. With so many spreadsheets, websites and apps floating around it is hard for me to keep track though.
I remember seeing that back when the Aerith event was going on. I haven't looked into any Greater farming spots yet, outside of Elite Humbaba. Thus, why I'm asking now, just in case things have changed and there are good spots for them that weren't there before.

Saerk

Rolled 50 mythril on the Tyro/Cyan/Josef banner, got a Zanetsuken. I am not complaining!

I got that as well a while back. 2 of them actually in the same draw. They are actually quite nice, but I've ignored Cyan, and I just gave them to Cloud and Sephiroth. Better than that katana we got from the FFVII, fully upgraded and event synergized for FFV. They've definitely made it easier on me for the harder elite dungeons.

Finished up all the story dungeons except I didn't Master the second to last Elite FFV dungeon. I beat it, but that was a tough fight for my group, and all the enemies leading up to it have a lot oh life. Made it hard to get a full rating off the trash, and that death claw move just tore up a couple of of guys. Had it silenced for a bit, but that didn't last.

Sooooo who's pulling an 11 on Vanille banner tonight? I hope to get my first native 5*... None yet after about 35 pulls.

Waiting to see what else gets the banner bump and what new items are introduced. I already have a great rod, aeris' and a 5+ judgment staff, so I really don't want another one of those weapon types, I forget if she gets a rod or staff here

Negator

I got that as well a while back. 2 of them actually in the same draw. They are actually quite nice, but I've ignored Cyan, and I just gave them to Cloud and Sephiroth. Better than that katana we got from the FFVII, fully upgraded and event synergized for FFV. They've definitely made it easier on me for the harder elite dungeons.

It's a sword so Cyan can't use it anyway. Sephiroth can't use them either so show me your wizard magic.

Waiting to see what else gets the banner bump and what new items are introduced. I already have a great rod, aeris' and a 5+ judgment staff, so I really don't want another one of those weapon types, I forget if she gets a rod or staff here

Rod! My mages still use the 4* relic from Mastery reward (BLM and WHM weapons). I would be very happy with the Binding Rod. Too bad Locke is my favorite character (with Celes) and his event comes right after. I have enough for a 11 pulls on his banner too, but I really feel like I don't need more weapons from VI...

Razmos

Binding Rod
75px-FFRK_Binding_Rod_FFXIII.webp

and it looks like Snow gets the Paladin
75px-FFRK_Paladin_FFXIII.webp

though I'm not sure if that is added in the same banner, I hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom