• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noi

Just plain doing Hard mode can be a real ball buster. I just finished a course that had two Animas in it, would have ran out of abilities for Vanille period of she hadn't leveled up along the way. Netted a cool 7k prisms for my trouble though.

Likely won't even attempt Heroic until I get the XIII accessory. I'll take every bit of firepower I can get.

Falk

that puzzling face
Gratz y'all! Those are some great pulls. I'm gonna try one pull Friday but that's about it and hopefully it's good.

Damn. Which 4*?

Mesmerize Blade

In the same roll I also got Bright Armguard (X) and Warrior's Sword (X)

Basically instead of RNGing a bunch of 5*s, I RNG'd a bunch of 4*s which are even harder to roll

rofl this game

edit: Holy Jesus, for my first Heroic run I got 2x Anima.

Had to basically decide to go all-out with my remaining abilities and Soul Breaks on the first one (offensive Soul Breaks actually SUCK on anima because of the counter... durr) and then blow a Mythril on the second one to steamroll it. From what I gather, if you're using retaliate meta, when you manage to get it down to the berserk (it shows the dialogue that the magic attack is charging up) it actually becomes easier to heal because you can just magic break the remaining arm and laugh off the ~300 AOE.

Oh well, it *does* net the highest amount of crystals, is a 1/4 chance of happening, and what's 1 Mythril which is 1/5 of a little morsel of disappointment anyway :V. N O R E G E R T S

E7H50vL.jpg

SMocI99.jpg

But first, back to Lenna event. There's a short span of 2 days after Lenna ends but before (presumably) Locke event starts.

Jyrii

Banned
My 3rd 11 relic pull.

It was hilarious how many VI and XII items I got.

5*
Balamb Garden Uniform (VIII)

4*
Sword Breaker (VI)
Crystal Sword (VI)
Gravity Rod (VI)

3*
Bunch of XII and VI stuff. Usefull ones were my 3rd Mythril mail (VI) and my 2nd Stoneblade (VI)

Overall I am pretty satisfied. I really needed 5* light armor and a new rod (even though this probably has similar stats with the one I all ready got)

Ooooo. so this is the mobile game that my younger brother plays all the time.
I thought it was some ripoff trying to make money based on FF's lore and assets.

Falk

that puzzling face
But it IS some ripoff trying to make money off FF's lore and assets.

Just an officially sanctioned one. :V

we all fell for it hook line and sinker

I've warmed up a bit to the event now that I've got a steady team to tackle it. Still don't like how little synergy gear we have available for it though.

Falk

that puzzling face
The synergy situation will get better as time goes on.

e.g. people are STILL rolling Blitz Swords and SeeD Uniforms for a recent example, and we had like no synergy gear for II when it first popped. (Not like II was hard though)

Falk

that puzzling face
JP just got two battle UI updates - first lets you set the toggle the default setting for autobattle (on/off), the other changes up priority of turn skipping so you have at least some control rather than hitting skip nonstop to cycle through.

Game really needs to make more use of the touchscreen to be quite honest. Give an advanced mode where:

- While a character's ATB is still charging, you can drag from that character to a target, which brings up the bottom row ability menu and lets you pick an ability. When the ATB gauge fills, it behaves as if you inputted that command then.
- Tapping a character is the same as above, except with current auto-target game logic.
- You can reselect (via tapping or dragging) anyone to cancel or re-assign target/ability
- Once ATB reaches full and starts filling red (e.g. the casttime) you can no longer cancel the order, hence in terms of timing and cost opportunity it's exactly as is in-game right now
- Characters whose ATB fill up but yet have no order flash to get your attention, but don't autoselect as above.

Seriously, it would make the combat so much less tedious, and do away with the god-awful skip-cycling carpal tunnel syndrome inducing madness that's the current control scheme.

I dumped all the Growth Eggs from the event + the Major Growth Egg from the Lenna event on Vanille.

The Major Egg alone got her from level 34 to 40. Was laughing my ass off at how ridiculous it was.

Am I missing something here? who is the dude on the left and how did you get snow?
Are they from finishing all the main story? as Im only up to level 30 odd normals (62 stam)

Falk

that puzzling face
Warrior of Light (left dude) and Snow are both gotten through playing through the story dungeons, yes.

Razmos

Am I missing something here? who is the dude on the left and how did you get snow?
Are they from finishing all the main story? as Im only up to level 30 odd normals (62 stam)
Warrior of Light (FFI) and Snow were added in the last update, they are further on in the main story, yeah.

Running two seperate events at once that you need to focus on to collect really good loot is outright shitty... SInce I won't likely be able to beat heroic mode I think I'm just going to skip this event after I get all the mythril (and Vanille of course) and go back to farming Lenna's event.

Razmos

Beat the Vanille event on hard, it was balls-to-the-wall close. Rinoa and Snow where my only characters left, both one hit from death, and Anima was charging up the all party lightning attack when I dealt the killing blow.

Phew!
That 7000 memories though, hmmm.

49 mythril now, gotta wait for my stamina to refresh, but yay, gonna be doing my 11 pull today.

Falk

that puzzling face
I wanted to hone Power Break, but remembered it eats Lightning Orbs so I went to hone Armor Break instead.

Offense da best defense.

Razmos

e04fcf85f98aa98faea612abc7075269.png

Well.. that's certainly not awful. Except for the fact that hardly any characters use spears. and the fact that I didn't get any FFXIII equipment at all, which I was hoping to get so I could farm this event.

Eh. It also netted me another 5*:
a9294a9d24708bb0dcb82d830fff3bac.png

Also I guess the IceBrand sword might be pretty cool for the Lenna event.

[Fugo]

11 pull, all 3* items. Damn.

My only native 5* weapon is still Tyro's Healing Grimoire (I like it as it improves his utility a lot with both the limit break and the good atk/mag/mnd boost) but still... :/
(also have VI Falchion 3*++ and II Diamond Mace 3*++ and some 4*)

Kaiterra

Banned
Okay I'm making way better progress on the Vanille event than the Celes one thanks to the big memory multipliers running Hard, especially from runs where Anima pops up twice. Gonna go all the way for Thundaja.

Yogg

With new max reward at 125k memories instead of 250k, I think I'll try to complete the heroic just once for the rewards, and then get the rest on hard mode and finish leveling Snow and Vanille there.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Mastered hard and got Vanille, I'm going back to Lenna event for now.

I think I can get to Thundaja if I keep at it, but I don't know if I'll bother. This new event is kind of balls and that turd 11 pull I got was a downer.

Falk

that puzzling face
You'd have to commit multiple cardinal sins for me to not want a character, or, if it were forced upon me, be not compelled to level him/her/it up eventually.

Like Jaguna from Terra Battle for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom