• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
<3

You had more than I did. I think I had something like, Armor Break x1, Thundara x2, Thunder Sword x1 and Double Cut x1. Plus a few Cura.

Yeah, but if you retreat you are a couple thousand less, right?

Unless you retreat early when you see the first one.

How early can you tell if you're on double anima? If there is any way of knowing before the first anima round you can bail out. If you get to the first of the double anima you might as well go for it though as you're already like 40 stamina invested

Edit: Also cleared my first heroic daily todays gil one. Having thundaga x4 and comet x4 let rydia one shot most things.

Vorpal

How early can you tell if you're on double anima? If there is any way of knowing before the first anima round you can bail out. If you get to the first of the double anima you might as well go for it though as you're already like 40 stamina invested

Edit: Also cleared my first heroic daily todays gil one. Having thundaga x4 and comet x4 let rydia one shot most things.

It looks like the multipliers on the double Anima routes for Heroic are as follows:

2.8 - 2.2 - 1.4 - 1.5 - 3.3 (Anima) - 1.5 - 1.8 - 3.3 (Anima)

1.4 - 1.5 - 1.5 - 1.8 - 2.2 - 2.8 - 3.3 (Anima) - 3.3 (Anima)

So if you start with 2.8, you would know by the 4th battle (if it's 1.5). If you start with 1.4, you couldn't confirm the double-Anima route until the first Anima pops up. :|

Falk

that puzzling face
The 4 routes that start with 2.8 nets less Memory Crystals on average though.

I'd rather just take my chances with the 1.4 start and blow one Mythril if I RNG 2 Animas (1 in 4 chance). Only need to do Heroic twice more, tops, anyway.

Vorpal

The 4 routes that start with 2.8 nets less Memory Crystals on average though.

I'd rather just take my chances with the 1.4 start and blow one Mythril if I RNG 2 Animas (1 in 4 chance). Only need to do Heroic twice more, tops, anyway.

Yep, that's what I'm thinking as well. My mythril reserves keep dwindling because I can't resist trying for the Binding Staff, but I did come away with a Power Glove today. About to try Heroic again with Tyro as Retaliate bot. I believe in u Tyro

Wazzy

Banned
If you can do at least one hard run of Vanille a night you should be fine, just do at least 3 on your free days

Retaliate always targets the enemy regardless of who attacked the character. Meaning its far more effective to make one super strong character who can retaliate then have everyone beat up that character. All those attacks will get retaliated towards the enemy for maximum damage. Retaliate lasts for like 30 seconds and carries between rounds making it one of the best abilities in the game

If only I had more lesser power orbs :(
Yeah looking at the rewards it shouldn't be too bad! I'm running hard frequently thankfully.

Jyrii

Banned
I have been doing Vanilla event hard runs which have been quite easy.

This time I got to the fourth or fifth stage and was wondering why Anima counter attacks hit me with 1500 dmg. Apparently I chose Heroic this time.

Retreated and got only 800 memories. Not a good trade for the amount of stamina wasted.

I'm trying to decide if I should give Heroic a go. I have enough level 50 people that I could stack my party, but I still don't have any super amazing equipment, and my abilities are just alright.

It might be an expensive mistake to go in under prepared, but if I can get through at least once, that would probably be worth it.

Math was on my side. I managed to get the final power orb I needed for honing Power Break a third time. All in all that works out to 30 power orbs I collected today. Pretty darn good especially for not even starting until noon. I imagine if you ran nothing but the heroic daily all day you could get upwards of 40 in one day, which is pretty crazy.

In other news, I got burnt out working on FFRK Inspector since I had been crunching so hard on it so the past few days I've been taking a break. But then yesterday when I did three 11 pulls I was almost full on inventory, so I figured I needed to hunker down and get this damn inventory analyzer finished so I could chunk some gear. It's almost there now, the last step is just to fill out the score column. Then hopefully I can release it for everyone to use.

1dKMvLB.jpg

Vorpal

Just finished Heroic Vanille a second time and holy crap there is a big difference in difficulty between a double Anima route and a single Anima route. The only real hurdle this time (single Anima) was the behemoth, but there were enough Wight/Myrmidon/Psicom battles that I was able to save the bulk of my ability uses. Not worrying about medals helps too. Yeah I took a lot of actions and damage, whatever FFRK! You do you!

It's almost there now, the last step is just to fill out the score column. Then hopefully I can release it for everyone to use.

Yessssss

Razmos

Wow, absolutely fuck the genius who decided to have 2 Anima in a row at the end as one of the possible routes in the Vanille event.

What a pile of shit, I barely manage to beat it once by throwing everything I have it, so I only manage to beat one of them. I have to end my run prematurely only getting a third of what I would have gotten.
Stupid as hell.

The rest of the event isn't nearly as good as the Celes event either, because you can't tell what route you are on until like the 4th or 5th battle.
The random nature of which route you get is a massive pain. It already bothers me that I have to do the whole thing 20+ times to get all the rewards, and then when I get runs that only net me a third of the possible memories it just makes the task seem even longer, especially since it wastes so much stamina.

Negator

If the events we currently have are getting you down, don't worry, because events like these will become a rarity. Most events after will follow a similar model to the Rinoa event.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I don't mind the grindy events, but it was very unfortunate that we got one after the other like this due to their shuffling of the schedule. I was close to feeling burned by the overlap until I decided to jump back to Lenna after I got Vanille. I'm glad to hear that it doesn't require too many hard runs to get everything on Vanille, it sounds like I'll still be able to.

I have a weird luck with routes, my first time on hard in the Celes event I got the one with two No 24 on my first try and I was like "wtf, this is too hard" (I didn't know about the different routes at first. Little did I know how much I I'd end up seeing that guy, lol). This time with the Vanille event I got a two Anima route when I played hard mode for the first time. Thankfully I was semi-prepared with a controlled usage of Quake + Retaliate meta and still got the mastery (expert on both Anima and some other floor, champion on the rest).

Noi

Mastered the Heroic path! Ended up having to do two Animas and use up 3 Mythril for it (one to heal post first anima, one for stamina recovery and another to heal pre-last anima, wouldn't have been able to do it if I didn't get Retaliate to 6 casts. I need to farm me more power orbs still.

I'm gonna go ahead and keep farming the Lenna event until its over, then just do hard on Vanille until I get everything. I don't need that kinda stress in my life, even if the huge amount of prisms was dang sweet.

StMeph

In other news, I got burnt out working on FFRK Inspector since I had been crunching so hard on it so the past few days I've been taking a break. But then yesterday when I did three 11 pulls I was almost full on inventory, so I figured I needed to hunker down and get this damn inventory analyzer finished so I could chunk some gear. It's almost there now, the last step is just to fill out the score column. Then hopefully I can release it for everyone to use.

That looks pretty great.

rhino4evr

Mastered the Heroic path! Ended up having to do two Animas and use up 3 Mythril for it (one to heal post first anima, one for stamina recovery and another to heal pre-last anima, wouldn't have been able to do it if I didn't get Retaliate to 6 casts. I need to farm me more power orbs still.

I'm gonna go ahead and keep farming the Lenna event until its over, then just do hard on Vanille until I get everything. I don't need that kinda stress in my life, even if the huge amount of prisms was dang sweet.

How many prisms did you get for completing Heroic. I can now get through Hard with very little problems. And no "tricks" , but I can barely make it to round three on heroic without having to use myth

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Did my first 1 pull since my first few before I started saving for the 11s. Just a Mythril Mail, but it definitely stings less...

Red Mage

So, a week from now we get Locke, and two weeks we get the new story paintings. Anyone know what the Japanese got for their banners on each of those?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
In my last 5 11-pulls, I have received a total of 5 4-star items and the rest 3-star. THIS GAME.

It just means I'm due eventually, right?

Right....?

:(

Taking the day off from events to clear some elite dungeons. Really not the kind of thing you want to get behind on. Just beat Odin, killed him with 35 seconds left on the timer, lol.

Noi

So having beaten Heroic, what should I spent my magicite from Lenna on? I'm sitting at 33k but dunno if I should get a bunch of 3*, a few 4* or just one 5* orb. I got all the lesser and normal Summon Orbs already, but Im unsure if I care enough about the Greater ones.

Edit: Right after posting this, I remembered that I still needed to hone Quake. Adios Magicite.

One for stamina seems a little overkill D:

I was too anxious to see the results to not finish it right then and there, haha. I'm glad I took level 43 Vanille with me, cause I definitely think I wouldn't have mastered it without those extra 3 stars.

How many prisms did you get for completing Heroic. I can now get through Hard with very little problems. And no "tricks" , but I can barely make it to round three on heroic without having to use myth

Like someone else said, like 35k prisms just for beating it. I don't mind the mythril spent cause I also got a four star orb drop from each Anima, so I feel like I got paid back for the investment.

Can you die in the heroic and use a mythril to restart the fight with an ability boost through Dr. Mog? Or can you not die and thus have to use it to camp beforehand(if even necessary)? Post a few posts up, and I think another one a few pages back, is talking about camping which is a waste because you don't get the boost from Dr. Mog.

I'm gonna farm the Lenna 10000xp Orb. Give it to Vanille who is almost 41...so that should bump her up to 44 or 45 plus the added xp. Then I might farm a few greater ice orbs to boost up curaja to 6...curaga is currently at 10. =) Then I think I'll give heroic a try with Vanille in the party.

Can you die in the heroic and use a mythril to restart the fight with an ability boost through Dr. Mog? Or can you not die and thus have to use it to camp beforehand(if even necessary)? Post a few posts up, and I think another one a few pages back, is talking about camping which is a waste because you don't get the boost from Dr. Mog.

I'm gonna farm the Lenna 10000xp Orb. Give it to Vanille who is almost 41...so that should bump her up to 44 or 45 plus the added xp. Then I might farm a few greater ice orbs to boost up curaja to 6...curaga is currently at 10. =) Then I think I'll give heroic a try with Vanille in the party.

So you're the guy that took all of my humbabas greater wind orbs!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Finally got quake and realized I don't have anyone who can equip 4* black magic and the golem staff/gaia vest except Tyro. Rinoa does more damage with quake without the bugged quake gear than Tyro. Can Vanille use staves?

Oh well. Still very useful for getting my foot in the door for heroic dailies and power leveling lowbies on Sunday.

Ever play FF4? Poor Kain was always garbage... a shame cause he's such a cool character.

Jump was at least kinda sorta useful because of the amount of time he spent off screen, but yeah :(

Yogg

I took a break off the event and finished my last three V elite dungeons. I'm glad to be done with it, but Death Claw was such a pain in the arse ! It's one of those bosses that make you think about what it would be like without the s/l alternative. The amount of stamina it would have taken to get mastery there...

The last one (library) was much less of an issue, the last boss just has tons of hp. Still had to reset a few times on trash spamming Death 5 :( I really hope they don't find a way around s/l, that would turn the tougher fights into some serious gambling (as it is initially designed I suppose).

So does anyone know if there are any hard Vanille paths that are worth skipping if you see them? Having always started with PSICOM Marauder boss and gotten 7-8k average I was surprised to start with some general enemies... but then only got around 5k memories :|

Should I always aim to start with Marauder? Or are there just as bad routes that start with Marauder?

Heroic is out of the question for my party unless I do some massive cash/mythril recovery so that I can go all out skills every battle.

Edit: Sorry for DP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom