• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to level Vanille by doing the Normal event first stage and getting multiple PSICOM for about 3100 EXP per 5 stamina. Not sure if it's the most efficient method.

I'm running both Vanille and Snow from level 1 while farming Hard. It all works out because Tyro is retaliating with the Blood Spear and my three non-Level 1's do enough to get by.

Vorpal

Any tips for the Vanille dungeon on Heroic? I have a number of Lvl50s at my disposal and I'm still getting completely bent over by it, basically as soon as I hit either one of the boss characters.

There are some posts from a few pages back that might help:

General Tips on the Heroic Run
Falk's Info on Anima

Also, there are two routes that each have two Anima fights, which gets to be brutal. Looking at the multipliers, you might want to avoid these routes:

2.8 - 2.2 - 1.4 - 1.5 - 3.3 (Anima) - 1.5 - 1.8 - 3.3 (Anima)
1.4 - 1.5 - 1.5 - 1.8 - 2.2 - 2.8 - 3.3 (Anima) - 3.3 (Anima)

So if you start with 2.8, you would know by the 4th battle (if it's 1.5). If you start with 1.4, you couldn't confirm the double-Anima route until the first Anima pops up.

The first time I cleared Heroic, I was on a double Anima path and used two mythril for revives/ability refreshes. I think there are some non-mythril guides on the FFRK subreddit, but I haven't tried those out.

Edit: I wasn't able to craft Protectga until after I got Thundaja, but man I bet it would have made a big difference (especially for Beta Behemoth and Anima fights). Probably worth bringing it, if you can.

Roto13

Went through the Heroic daily a couple of times to get enough adamantite to max out all the armour I got from my pull the other day. Actually managed to master it pretty easy this time, which wasn't my goal (I didn't even change my party from what I've been using for Vanille's dungeon) but I'm pleased. I didn't have any -aga spells last time so that probably made the difference.

Is the Vit0 exploit worth doing?
Seems like you would need a dedicated team to pull it off and I only have a handful of 50s and not to mention they started giving the bosses in the JP version immunity to shell/protect?

Falk

that puzzling face
Maybe, and yes.

Although it's a lot easier/better with Armor Breakdown than Mental Breakdown since it means all 5 of your dudes can hit for 9999 rather than just the casters.

Is the Vit0 exploit worth doing?
Seems like you would need a dedicated team to pull it off and I only have a handful of 50s and not to mention they started giving the bosses in the JP version immunity to shell/protect?

I tried it with Wakka and protect on the Elite T-Rex during Rinoa's event. It lasted for maybe two 9999 hits. Not really worth going out of your way to set up.

Wazzy

Banned
Just beat heroic Vanille event and that was pretty brutal. Had to mythril a couple times but I still got the mastery which I'm quite happy about.

I'll go back to Lenna and do as much as I can before it ends.
If you roll a gunblade on your first 11 pull I am uninstalling.

and then promptly reinstalling
I will have a good laugh after my excitement dies if I get it on my first pull.

Falk

that puzzling face
I think I'm sitting on 30000 shards from Lenna event, anything I should focus on? Growth Eggs, Orbs? Greater Orbs seem too expensive.

Would probably wait till we see what event is next (e.g. confirm it's Locke) then hone useful abilities with the 3* orbs being 500 each.

I'm -reasonably- sure we'll get the announcement during the reclamation period.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I have been enjoying this game for a few days now, but I have some questions in regards to the Android version. Sorry if they've been asked and answered already in this big thread:

How do I "save" my sound options? Every time I change the levels in the sound config menu there's only a "back" button and the levels will reset. Yet they have somehow changed to worse during gameplay?

Also, is the level/item/etc scrolling supposed to be so slow-laggy-jerky? I'm playing it on a Nexus 5 and have yet to try it with my iPhone, so I'm not sure whether this (and the other) problem is platform specific, but it's pretty annoying.

Go into developer options and force gpu rendering.

Shiva down. 3 more Elites to retry and get master, 1 more to attempt for the first time, so 4 total. 99 and 2/5 shards at the moment. Tyro is just plain out awesome with his healing grimoire. You wanna blast me 5 times with some AOE Shiva? Too bad, my team is now healed!

BlueSteel

I can handle one anima, but without a honed retaliate it's too hard to last for two. Gotta farm for lesser power orbs.

At least I'm at 30k from just 7k last night.

Now to help my sister try and beat this event on hard... She already has retaliate 2 though, so lucky her.

Ashodin

I like the changes on the JP version where they upped physical damage. Because having to do crazy shenanigans to do nowhere near 9999 damage is ridiculous when you can cast a spell.

Summon Orbs are generally a good idea. Aside from the equipment, those are the only things you can't farm somewhere.
I got most of the equips already. I haven't used any summons yet, but I did get most of those orbs.

I think I'll hoard Growth Eggs and find out what Orbs I'm low on, I'm not caring too much about prepping for specific things.

I can't wait for the tool that ccp_is_king is working on because my inventory is just full of garbage!

I actually mostly finished working on the analysis algorithm last night. But it was so late that I didn't even run it and try it out, I just finished writing the code that I thought would probably work, and passed out. Hopefully I can finish it up by this weekend.

rhino4evr

Is there a trick to the anemia retaliate strat?

I've been destroying the right arm first and then using retaliate, but instead of hitting his core it's hitting is left arm. This has happened four times in a row. I thought it might be random, but is there a way to "trick" the computer into hitting his core instead?

Roto13

Savescumming would be more fun if stuff didn't disappear 80% of the times I do it.

ib0Yk6LLlJhuEt.png
i5Xw5FktdFRzx.png
Is there a trick to the anemia retaliate strat?

I've been destroying the right arm first and then using retaliate, but instead of hitting his core it's hitting is left arm. This has happened four times in a row. I thought it might be random, but is there a way to "trick" the computer into hitting his core instead?

It hits whatever has the lowest HP.

Sera O

Banned
I thought it might be random, but is there a way to "trick" the computer into hitting his core instead?

Retaliate will target whatever has lower % hp but if neither have been damaged, it will target the arm over the core.

At the start of the fight, hit the core once, and then the arm you want to kill once. If you avoid doing any damage to the 2nd arm, the retaliate target should switch to the core after the first arm is dead.

What/where is that thing where you enter your inventory and can see what will forever be useless? Might have been done by cpp_is_king (thank you very much if it's you!)

rhino4evr

Retaliate will target whatever has lower % hp but if neither have been damaged, it will target the arm over the core.

At the start of the fight, hit the core once, and then the arm you want to kill once. If you avoid doing any damage to the 2nd arm, the retaliate target should switch to the core after the first arm is dead.

Thank you!!

I at least got a gold bangle out of the Vanille banner.

Also why are accessories in such little supply. I only have two accessories right now

Just wrecked Anima on heroic. I was honestly surprised how quickly he went down. Spent the past few days upgrading gear and honing abilities, and it really paid off. Snow has 347 Attack so i said screw Retaliate and just let Snow pound him in the face. Boosted and with armor break on, Snow was doing about 4500 / hit, so each double cut was like 9000 damage. Only took 4-5 rounds to kill him, and i think he only used his AoE lightning on me once because I killed him so fast.

Just wrecked Anima on heroic. I was honestly surprised how quickly he went down. Spent the past few days upgrading gear and honing abilities, and it really paid off. Snow has 347 Attack so i said screw Retaliate and just let Snow pound him in the face. Boosted and with armor break on, Snow was doing about 4500 / hit, so each double cut was like 9000 damage. Only took 4-5 rounds to kill him, and i think he only used his AoE lightning on me once because I killed him so fast.

Total RS including an armor with an attack bonus is a sight to behold. Good lord. I think almost everyone will get in on that style of action come the Locke event.

Vorpal

Retaliate bot really shines in VIII elites. There are so many enemies with all-target physical attacks that I frequently end up killing one of the monsters before any of my party members even get an attack off.

I got kaiser knuckles last night in my first relic spin under that banner.

Living the dream. Also got vanille's weapon too later last night.

Life is wonderful

Made a wordpress blog where I'm going to post future updates about FFRK Inspector so I don't have to keep spamming here.

https://ffrki.wordpress.com/2015/05/30/preparing-for-public-release/

The Inventory Analyzer is pretty much done, at least good enough to release and call it a beta. I'm sure some things aren't perfect yet, but I keep getting emails asking when it's going to be ready, so I might as well get it out there now.

looking a gift horse in the mouth but there's no chance this'll be out for mac is there?

Hah I am so careless. Last night I was doing some autobattles on the hard event but forgot to hit autobattle. Then i did it again. Good thing they make it so easy to cheat that even at the defeat screen if you just reopen the app it works, except you can't hit okay since it starts the fight with everyone dead. But if you hit cancel it's like you didn't go into the battle.

Also, I was aware for a while now that if you hit cancel it did that, but I wasn't aware that if you hit okay it starts you at the beginning of the last thing you were fighting so you don't even have to pay the stamina again. They make this too easy. For a while I wasn't "cheating" at all, but now I realize it is too easy and too tempting to not do it.

Hah I am so careless. Last night I was doing some autobattles on the hard event but forgot to hit autobattle. Then i did it again. Good thing they make it so easy to cheat that even at the defeat screen if you just reopen the app it works, except you can't hit okay since it starts the fight with everyone dead. But if you hit cancel it's like you didn't go into the battle.

Also, I was aware for a while now that if you hit cancel it did that, but I wasn't aware that if you hit okay it starts you at the beginning of the last thing you were fighting so you don't even have to pay the stamina again. They make this too easy. For a while I wasn't "cheating" at all, but now I realize it is too easy and too tempting to not do it.

I don't view it as cheating, I view it as maximizing our stamina against at times unfair situations IE the instant death attack before you even get to move

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Yeah I never feel like I'm cheating, the game is RNG central with a stamina bar and it screws us enough with wack results even when we're overly prepared. If it wasn't for S/L I honesty don't think I'd still be playing. It's the only way we have to get the rolling of the dice on our side.

Razmos

The amount of FFVI (and XII) items in the relic draw makes me cry.

At least VI will be useful for the Locke event, and the XII equipment will be useful in the next dungeon update.

Quake get!

Now I can forget about the Lenna event (have enough of kiling Crew Dust et cetera) and focus on Vanille's.

Anima on Hard is too hard for me still, oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom