• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

Wait for Quest to be available if you can that way you can make one or the other AND get a bonus
Ah, good idea, i'll do just that.

So does anyone know if there are any hard Vanille paths that are worth skipping if you see them? Having always started with PSICOM Marauder boss and gotten 7-8k average I was surprised to start with some general enemies... but then only got around 5k memories :|

Should I always aim to start with Marauder? Or are there just as bad routes that start with Marauder?

Heroic is out of the question for my party unless I do some massive cash/mythril recovery so that I can go all out skills every battle.

Edit: Sorry for DP
682f741cba4340c5c23cee21f07de407.png

Tyro, Luneth, Warrior of Light and Cecil.

It's weird that the White Mage doesn't use hammers considering the franchise. Seems like a missed opportunity to actually make that into an interesting build instead of just a generic base build rod/staff/dagger that gets grinded to 50 and then retired permanently for a named character.

edit: and why are the diamond mace and mythril mace staves yet the regular mace is a rod. argh

Ah, good idea, i'll do just that.

682f741cba4340c5c23cee21f07de407.png

So if Wight then instantly bail, gotcha

Looking at that, it seems we should just reroll for Myrmidon for the best overall chance of Memories.

If I'm reading that corrently you should aim for the 1.4 starting bonus as you'll know you're on a 5k or less pass if

Your second battle is against behemoth

Or

Your 2nd and 3rd battles are 1.5 multipliers

Going myrimon first you don't know which path you're on until almost the very end, and if you find yourself on the 5k path you've waisted 40 stamina. 66% chance for 7-8k going that first vs 75% if you go psicom first.

Better odds and you can bail out quickly if you're on a bad path

Edit: nvm bailing out burns too much stamina always got myrmidon even its bad route is almost 6k

Japanese feature, if you do certain quest you get rewards. These include making most main summons

alcheim

Grinding magicite is getting too tedious --even on the Hard setting. Makes me wonder why they didn't include a Hard+ / Heroic difficulty in the Lenna event.

Luckily, the Vanille event on Heroic makes getting Thundaja possible in a few days.

SunGod

Just attempted and cleared Vanille's heroic dungeon for the first time (spent the past few days back in the Lenna event after clearing Vanilla's easy/normal/hard dungeons) and I managed to master it :)

Just attempted and cleared Vanille's heroic dungeon for the first time (spent the past few days back in the Lenna event after clearing Vanilla's easy/normal/hard dungeons) and I managed to master it :)
Nice! I have been steam rolling Hard and I'm thinking to tackle Heroic.

Vorpal

Does Judgment Staff have some sort of proc?

Every so often, when Aerith melees an enemy, there'll be a big white flash of light but it doesn't look like anything extra is actually happening

Wazzy

Banned
Thundaja farming isn't too bad. I might go back to Lenna before it ends and then finish up Vanille event.
Wazzy, you'll be happy with the next event they just announced for Japan...

Seifer y'all. :)
Yooooooo

D:

My hype can't be contained now. Give it to meeeeee

Need a little help?

My phone battery ran out while playing and I turned it back on after charging, now it says "unfortunately ffrk has stopped" when I try to play it.

What can I do? Have I lost all my progress? I'm on android.

Thundaja farming isn't too bad. I might go back to Lenna before it ends and then finish up Vanille event.

Yooooooo

D:

My hype can't be contained now. Give it to meeeeee
Squall is getting a new Relic/Soul Break too, and he's having his level cap raised to 80. (Only the second character to get that so far, along with Cloud.)

Vorpal

I've seen this happen, too.

Poked around the JP wiki a bit. Two comments on the Judgment Staff page seem to ask about the flash:

"Now you hit and do some something conditions I Allais I take sometimes flashy effects?"

"And I will do what rarely I've got to screen flash when have to fight?"

Thank you Google Translate. I couldn't find any explanations for it, though

Wazzy

Banned
I wish us all luck with Squall event. We should have a lot of mythril by then. :D

Hmmm contact support and maybe they can fix it? Did you make a backup?

I think in the android version you have to sign in manually each time? Or not? I know I have signed into google but I don't hit the button every time.

Wazzy

Banned
I think in the android version you have to sign in manually each time? Or not? I know I have signed into google but I don't hit the button every time.
I'm on android too but I just hit play because it reloads each day to the main menu. I haven't made a backup yet which I probably should but I don't know of manually having to sign in.

Vorpal

If you run out of options, you might try deleting and reinstalling the app. Judging by forum posts like this one, it seems like a lot of work is required to actually ditch your account/save, since so much is stored server side. I think account losses tend to happen when you try mixing two different Facebook and Google-linked accounts on different devices.

That being said, I've never reinstalled FFRK so I can't confirm what will or won't happen. Sorry :(

Roto13

Is animals weak to anything? I can't kill a single one on hard, used all abilities and still wasn't dead.

No weaknesses, no status vulnerabilities. I beat him by weakening the manipulators a bit with AOE skills and then finishing them off once they start resonating magic. Focus on the main part, otherwise.

Negator

Got Thundaja. Back to the fire ship until it sails!

Or maybe I should just do the Friday daily until all my new gear is maxed. There's a lot of it now.

Razmos

There were balance changes in the JP version today according to the subreddit.

The calculations for physical damage has been changed, or something.
Some muketsu forum posters are reporting that they do in fact see substantial increases in physical damage done with their high level characters (3800 pre-patch -> 5500 post-patch). It could be that the previously noted diminishing returns for ATK scores over 350 has been mitigated somewhat.

Squall has received Celerity level 3 and Spellblade level 4.

I have been enjoying this game for a few days now, but I have some questions in regards to the Android version. Sorry if they've been asked and answered already in this big thread:

How do I "save" my sound options? Every time I change the levels in the sound config menu there's only a "back" button and the levels will reset. Yet they have somehow changed to worse during gameplay?

Also, is the level/item/etc scrolling supposed to be so slow-laggy-jerky? I'm playing it on a Nexus 5 and have yet to try it with my iPhone, so I'm not sure whether this (and the other) problem is platform specific, but it's pretty annoying.

Jyrii

Banned
How do I "save" my sound options? Every time I change the levels in the sound config menu there's only a "back" button and the levels will reset.

That seems like a bug. Mine are saved with both the applications back button and the phone's back button

Also, is the level/item/etc scrolling supposed to be so slow-laggy-jerky? I'm playing it on a Nexus 5 and have yet to try it with my iPhone, so I'm not sure whether this (and the other) problem is platform specific, but it's pretty annoying.

It is laggy. It probably has something to do how they handle Webview. Few weeks back scrolling could froze the whole game, but they fixed that.

That seems like a bug. Mine are saved with both the applications back button and the phone's back button

It is laggy. It probably has something to do how they handle Webview. Few weeks back scrolling could froze the whole game, but they fixed that.

I just tried it with my old-ass 3rd gen iPad and it ran great. Not as great after loading my save file, but the sound config doesn't reset and menus move much smoother. Shame about my Android version.

Any tips for the Vanille dungeon on Heroic? I have a number of Lvl50s at my disposal and I'm still getting completely bent over by it, basically as soon as I hit either one of the boss characters.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I must be the only wanker who doesn't like Comet
Comet has been doing right by me for a while now, great on Hard/Heroic trash and useful on bosses if I'm not Retaliating, especially if it's more than one boss per route with different weaknesses. Speaking of which, I also got my Retaliate on Lv 2 since the meta isn't going away anytime soon.

I made peace with Dr. Mog after the stealth fix. I want to hone Bladeblitz too but that will most likely require me some Humbaba visits as I don't feel like spending hard earned magicite on 4* wind orbs right now. Praying that Liquid Flame drops a few more before the event ends.

GAMERG0D

I'm trying to level Vanille by doing the Normal event first stage and getting multiple PSICOM for about 3100 EXP per 5 stamina. Not sure if it's the most efficient method.

Man, just got through vanille heroic with mastery. Used a mythril after stage five. Got the one anima run, definitely couldn't do a double without using another mythril. Team was tidus, vanille, tyro, aeris, cloud. Lots of savescumming, but got the job done, had 62 of 63 stars before anima so I figured a no ko run would be enough and it was. Armor and power breaks and lots of lightning attack with retaliate finally on anima. Back to magicite until that is done then should wrap up vanille with plenty to spare.

Shouta

For some reason my JP version is doing a loading error even after uninstall/reinstall it. They did something last night that's screwing it up for my Nexus 5. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom