• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to grind core classes + Tyro is so frustrating, same level and gear and they can't one shot the heroic exp daily with comet or pound like other characters -.-

Road

A level 50 attacker char with Zantetsuken + Boost using Bladeblitz wipes out one floor of Heroic XP.

Was hoping to get Cloud, Garnet and Vivi to level 65 today but the XP daily is pretty weak again now for these characters. I'd probably have to waste a couple of mythril to get them 5 levels up by the end of the day, but I don't want to do that. Least Squall is level 50 ready for his last boss mission.

I actually regret taking Wakka and Tidus all the way to level 63 with festival of gold. They barely left the bench and came back to a few days later...

I'm not leveling up (on purpose) any other broken cap character, at least not until he/she gets close to getting the new level 80 cap, just taking them to clear content. And the level up refresh is always useful.

Anyway, spent 180 stamina on Granaldo and got 1 (yeah, that's one) Greater Dark Orb. My bad luck attacks in every possible RNG. I could have cleared so many dungeons with that stamina...

You don't have Intimidate? With it T-Rex is like taking candy from a baby: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/A...UT4=m22?cpn=UEEKxX7eXr8JJ_3N&c=WEB&cver=html5

This is what my party looked like: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/JPb8Dj9Oi0fax3b_QCQ7igoZdbDcGUVPd37HJ2amVAw=w483-h857-no

I'm just using Diamond Sword because it has 2 more atk than Galbadian Blade++. The difference is irrelevant.

Power Wrist
3* Shinra Beta x2
3* Mythril Saber x2
Tough Ring
Protect Ring
Power Break
Power Breakdown (boss rush)
Sephiroth and his memory crystal.

http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...nova_project_event_stamina_conditions_bosses/

I would rather a 3* rod x2 or at least Mythril Saber x3 (like it was for the Tidus event), but F2P gotta F2P.

I do have Intimidate. The problem was I was getting killed so fast it didn't matter previously. And I was trying to VIT0 without much success. This time I passed on VIT0 and went heavy on Blizzard based attacks for much better success. I also used Intimidate and Dark Buster and took along Aerith for better healing than the White Mage.

A level 50 attacker char with Zantetsuken + Boost using Bladeblitz wipes out one floor of Heroic XP.

I actually regret taking Wakka and Tidus all the way to level 63 with festival of gold. They barely left the bench and came back to a few days later...

I'm not leveling up (on purpose) any other broken cap character, at least not until he/she gets close to getting the new level 80 cap, just taking them to clear content. And the level up refresh is always useful.

Anyway, spent 180 stamina on Granaldo and got 1 (yeah, that's one) Greater Dark Orb. My bad luck attacks in every possible RNG. I could have cleared so many dungeons with that stamina...

I only want to max characters that are key A Team members. Ones that will mean Elites are far less trouble. Most other broken cap characters I don't care for. But Cloud, Vivi and Garnet are pivotal characters, alongside Wakka and Tidus who are 65.

Pejo

So are we sure this is the banner with Red XIII's relic too? That means they'll probably add him early like they did with Vivi. If so....oh what a glorious day!

I have enough Mythril for one 11x pull and 1 3x pull. Don't let me down shitty luck o' mine, this is one time I need you.

Roto13

I need nine greater wind orbs to upgrade Bladeblitz to level two. Where are some good places to farm them?

I don't know if a better place has popped up, but Elite Humbaba can drop them and his fight is the only floor in Mobliz so he's easy to get to.

I need nine greater wind orbs to upgrade Bladeblitz to level two. Where are some good places to farm them?

They drop off Granaldo in elite+ first fight...18 stamina...drop way more than Humbaba. You can also walk away with Dark Orbs, Non-elemental and power orbs. Think I've gotten Dark and Wind the most out of those 4.

Falk

that puzzling face
They drop off Granaldo in elite+ first fight...18 stamina...drop way more than Humbaba. You can also walk away with Dark Orbs, Non-elemental and power orbs. Think I've gotten Dark and Wind the most out of those 4.

They do not in fact drop 'way more than Humbaba'.

At last count Humbaba was slightly under 20% for 16 stam. Granaldo was similarly slightly under 20% for 18 stam.

All the other factors make Granaldo a no-brainer over Humbaba though. And virtually everything else.

johnsmith

remember me
I fucking hate those poltergeist enemies in the daily dungeons. God damn tongue attack 1 shots the group I'm trying to level up, its like 3-4x the damage of any other attack. Plus they're immune to all magic types almost.

Negator

For the EXP daily I load up on a bunch of Blizzaga/Blizzara Spell/blades. half the enemies are weak to Ice and you can just Break or Double Cut the Poltergeists.

They do not in fact drop 'way more than Humbaba'.

At last count Humbaba was slightly under 20% for 16 stam. Granaldo was similarly slightly under 20% for 18 stam.

All the other factors make Granaldo a no-brainer over Humbaba though. And virtually everything else.

That has not been my experience. It's like 20% no orbs. 25% wind. 25% dark. 10% Power. 10% non-elemental. 10% some combo of the 4 orbs.

Falk

that puzzling face
"10% some combo of the 4 orbs" is not the right way to think of this. It's not a single loot table. It's four distinct loot tables that all do their drop animation at the same time overlapping each other when you defeat the last enemy, instead of separately, for whatever bizarre reason.

Each of them has a very specific loot table and can drop a 3* orb, a 4* orb of a specific flavor, or a specific 2* item (Sonic Knuckles, Mythril Spear, Chakram, and Bowgun). Hence for example you never see a 3* and 4* orb of the same type, nor more than 4 total of orbs+items

"10% some combo of the 4 orbs" is not the right way to think of this. It's not a single loot table. It's four distinct loot tables that all do their drop animation at the same time overlapping each other when you defeat the last enemy, instead of separately, for whatever bizarre reason.

Each of them has a very specific loot table and can drop a 3* orb, a 4* orb of a specific flavor, or a specific 2* item (Sonic Knuckles, Mythril Spear, Chakram, and Bowgun). Hence for example you never see a 3* and 4* orb of the same type, nor more than 4 total of orbs+items

Okay mr. computer. I'm just telling you my experience of which orbs are dropping the most for me and at what rate.

Negator

Oh crap. I almost emptied my stamina bar just now, forgetting about the Sephiroth event.

85 stamina from now until the event starts.

eastx

I fucking hate those poltergeist enemies in the daily dungeons. God damn tongue attack 1 shots the group I'm trying to level up, its like 3-4x the damage of any other attack. Plus they're immune to all magic types almost.

Yeah, they are pretty awful.

Finally got a drop of 1 Greater Wind, 1 Greater Non-Elemental, 1 Greater Power and 1 3* Dark Orb in 1 kill from Granaldo. Compensates for the few no Greater Orb run that I did. I love how I only saw the animation for a grey orb, but it was 4 at the top and 3 were Greater Orbs in the result screen.

Yes! Norg down and mastered. Lost 1 star to damage (although he didn't hurt me much, the fact the battle goes on a while it must have added up) and 2 for actions taken (which is almost impossible to avoid again with HP amount). Won with Death. Thankfully it worked first time. He's not hard, he's just tediously long to break down. Bards RW is handy but not essential. Had Vivi and Garnet pretty much on orb duty while my other 3 did the damage to the pod. Having Sentinel Grimoire is a great friend summon to keep attack damage low.

So how is Boss Rush? Any tips?

This game is killing my Mobile Data... You might laugh at my little 300MB limit but it never been a problem before I played this game. Since June 7th it took 224MB of my mobile data and on Wi-Fi it took (doesn't matter, just for show) 2.88 GB.

I know that what kills it the most is when the game downloads dungeons and I hate how I cannot it stop from doing it anywhere if I want to play out of the house. With the lag I will accidentally open an old dungeon like FFVI and it will download it all right there in the bus. When a new set of dungeon or an event is coming, it downloads it in waves and if it is not done by the time I am out, it will do it even when I open a dungeon I have been in for the past few days. I need to up my plan just for this game, could not consider myself F2P anymore... But I already pay for the 100 gems pull so meh! :p

Wazzy

Banned
Okay mr. computer. I'm just telling you my experience of which orbs are dropping the most for me and at what rate.

I think there's a bit of misunderstanding as to what Falk is saying in regards to the farming.

The Grenaldo farming is obviously a lot more efficient for what you get out of each battle but when you're directly comparing farming a Greater Wind Orb from this stage to another method, the difference isn't actually noticeable because it's a random drop rate separated between different types of orbs while the other farm spot is solely that orb.

So, pretty much you feel more rewarded in this farming spot because it's usually dropping good orbs frequently.

Anyway it's a great spot to farm so we can all agree on that. :p

Roto13

How's the event? Are the old dungeons still cleared? Any new Elite stuff? I can't get the app to load because, for some mysterious reason, whenever they close off my street for the Pride festivities, my internet gets completely broken.

Finally had a good 11 pull.

R9JeioT.jpg

forgrim

11x roll and 1 gem roll, and 3 4 stars and 9 3 stars, this gacha in this game is RUTHLESS.

but i got to combine and make some fake 5 stars, and have 37 mythril left, so hopefully i can scrounge up 13 more for another 11x roll

Road

The elite rewards for this Jenova event are shitastic.

Did a single draw and got a useless 3* shield.

15 Granaldo fights today = 1 greater dark orb.

I wish I could trade all these useless 20+ equipment I got instead for one greater orb of any kind.

MicH

Did an 11 pull and the 100 gem pull. Four 4 stars, rest were 3 stars in the 11 pull :( That hurt

Then the 100 gems pull came through with a 5 star Butterfly Edge

I hope people pulling the Diamond Pin are gonna start sharing their Friend Codes... *hint hint*

Hmmm to start new event or continue farming....
The eternal struggle.

I feel like going forward now that there's more and more content, finding a balance is gonna be tough.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm gonna try to do one 11 pull for banners I like.

Just did one and:

I'll take it. I wish I was lucky enough for Sephiroth but I prefer Red XIII.

I hope people pulling the Diamond Pin are gonna start sharing their Friend Codes... *hint hint*

The eternal struggle.

I feel like going forward now that there's more and more content, finding a balance is gonna be tough.
But then I gave to switch out Rinoa. :p

I'm gonna try to do one 11 pull for banners I like.

Just did one and:

I'll take it. I wish I was lucky enough for Sephiroth but I prefer Red XIII.
Oh! Are you gonna switch out Rinoa as your RW for Reddy?

The Gold Armlet is an amazing piece of armor BTW. Super versatile. :)

Wazzy

Banned
Oh! Are you gonna switch out Rinoa as your RW for Reddy?

The Gold Armlet is an amazing piece of armor BTW. Super versatile. :)
I might actually but I love Rinoa as my RW. I was planning to switch her out if I got Squall's later relic but maybe I'll start with Red!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Did the cheap 100 gem pull and a 3 rare pull...ended up with 3 4*s and a 3*, another Black Garb that I combined to get a 6*++, another XII Trident to combine and make a 6*++, a XII 4* axe, and another 3* XII bow I combined to make a 5*++.

Need 3 more Mythril to do another 3 pull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom