• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roto13

At this point I think I'd rather wait until I have a party of level 65 characters to take on the more challenging stuff rather than worry about it now. I have four levels left, I think. Jenova (who just brutalized me) and the three ranged bosses that I cannot possibly be bothered to deal with right now.

Vorpal

Certainly had Ifrit x2. Highly probable I had Trance RW too. Personally didn't use Sleep and silenced them both although apparently sleep lasts longer but I've never used it. They did take a while to go down but had enough fire power, literally, to take them down without any hassle they were able to potentially give me.

Not saying it's easy, but compared to other bosses we've had lately at that stage they don't compare as difficult.

Thanks for the tips. Yeah, I don't think they'll be TOO difficult if I pack the right skills this time. I just wasn't ready for the rise in difficulty after basically auto-ing through the rest of the elites up to that point. I'll probably stack both Sleep and Silence Buster on Tidus and bring a second spellsword or caster. I wonder if Protectga will mitigate any stray Oil Blasts or if I should just put Ifrit on Garnet?

At least you didn't try 20+ S/L trying to make things work like I did...and I still failed.

I've been there!

I'm sure that we will eventually get:
  • Kefka
  • Emperor
  • Leo
  • The Turks
  • Rufus
  • Edea
  • Laguna and crew.
  • Tantalus crew.
  • Kuja
  • Beatrix
  • Seymour
  • Brascha
  • Jecht
  • FF3 Guest characters
  • Garland
Don't forget Reks, Larsa, Vossler, Reddas, ??????, the moogle brigade, Banon, Princess Sarah, The Warriors of Dawn, Gadot, Lebreau, etc, etc. The list could go on forever. (Not to mention the tons of normal party characters still waiting to be added.)

Seeing who will get a shot is one of my favorite parts of the game. It's really cool to see a bunch of temporary party characters and NPCs be available as full fledged fighters.

Razmos

Me too. Though if her Pictlogica sprite is anything to go by, she won't have her amazing back ornament or cape. :/

It'll be interesting to see what her setup is since she can't even equip weapons in FFVIII.
Eh, she'll probably just be able to use Rods and Daggers and would be a Black Mage/Summoner.

MicH

Oh that's cool. I assume there'll be elite dungeons this time around as there weren't last time (if I remember correctly)

How strong is the Record Materia for Cloud that gives more damage with sword (Soldier Strike)? Zantetsuken at 104 attack and the Soldier Strike or Kiku-ichimonji at 111 attack and another materia?

Road

Looking forward to Power Wrists!

Falk is back!

Also, Oilboyle x2 on elite just demolished my A-team! Wot happen

Make sure to bring Trance Fira RW. 40k free damage on oylboyles.

How strong is the Record Materia for Cloud that gives more damage with sword (Soldier Strike)? Zantetsuken at 104 attack and the Soldier Strike or Kiku-ichimonji at 111 attack and another materia?

Soldier Strike is +10% final physical damage, which is the equivalent of +5.4% atk.

That 7 atk difference between weapons is only greater than 5.4% if Cloud's atk (including all equipment) is less than 129.

In other words, Soldier Strike + Zantetsuken is better.

Soldier Strike is +10% final physical damage, which is the equivalent of +5.4% atk.

That 7 atk difference between weapons is only greater than 5.4% if Cloud's atk (including all equipment) is less than 129.

In other words, Soldier Strike + Zantetsuken is better.

Thanks!

Looks like the last elite stage and they EX of Seph event will be a real bitch... Jenova has 193500 HP...

elty

Thanks!

Looks like the last elite stage and they EX of Seph event will be a real bitch... Jenova has 193500 HP...

Seems to be lower in boss rush

・サンプル:H0512 … 約38,000  / サンプル:H0512-OPT … 約7,000
・ロストナンバー … 約72,000
・マテリアキーパー … 約128,500
・ジェノバBIRTH … 約155,000

Balphon

Was going to wait until Monday to do the Squall boss rush but went ahead and did it today. Ended up being harder than I thought but I still squeaked by in the end.

I think I'll just save my mythril for the Lightning banner at this point.

I've been working on getting the new Memory Crystals and Record Materias but I think I'll farm Granaldo now until the new event starts. I just don't want to get behind on my elites again, especially with how stingy they are with Stamina Shards now.

Stupid me...just wrote up a big report on my battle with Jenova and accidentally closed the window as I was looking at the preview.

Took team picture after the battle...hence the time difference.

tUvB1cK.jpg

QCSCPPD.jpg

Basics in short form. Brought in Sentinels Grimoire friend. Ran out of heals just as I beat it. Died a few times because heal wouldn't go off in time but still beat it after Tidus went down once but quickly S/L and tried again without him dying. Lost 2 medals on trash. 3 on boss(pic). 8 armor and 8 power breaks. Beat on first attempt. Legshot would have been better to bring at 4 uses rather than boost which added about 300 per an attack. Went into boss with 4 retaliates...the other 4 were used on trash. No sense in bringing mage since I only have one good caster armor(White Gown) and the boss only deals physical attacks. Grimoire's lasted just about the entire fight. If you don't have my damage output....Cloud 337 realm synergy attack...you'll need to bring protectga and or a second healer to cast slowga/18 heals recommended(I had 20), protectga. Had Cloud at 137 defense...made up for this by not bringing swords but instead Kain's second record materia brainwash(confused at start of rounds adds attack/defense). Tidus had High Scored(increase soul break gauge). Wakka had pre-emptive strike(to knock Tidus out of confuse)...should have went with Regen(Garnet??) I think instead. Not sure if Kain's materia is shown in those 337/137-150 DEF of Cloud. Cloud was dealign around 3000 with breaks and 3300 with boost.

Probably forgot a few things and that big block of text doesn't look as nice as what I wrote up before but whatever.

1 elite left...the last one in XIII.

B.K.

I just finished all the story dungeons. I'm at 41 Mythril. I hope I can get the other nine before the end of Sephiroth's event.

Nohar

Keeping my Mythril for Balthier and Fran's weapons (I need good ranged weapons, otherwise there are just too much characters which are not interesting to use without one) and Lightning and Sazh. Though after my last 11 pulls, I'm not expecting to be very lucky. I guess I have no right to complain though: I did get 2 incredibly useful 5* weapons (Sentinel Grimoire and Binding Rod), not to mention the 5* FFXII shield which casts Protect on everyone. Long story short: I have everything I need for damage mitigation (and yet I still took too much damage on JENOVA BIRTH... Mrgrgr).

I guess Sephy will be unlockable in the next event. He will get the bench though: I don't have any good katana.

Falk

that puzzling face
I have a Masamune.

The 4* one.

:(

edit: Hahahaha, all that stockpiling the tons and tons of XII loot, and when XII actually came about, it's so high level that the loot is all mediocre at best! Especially with the bizzaro "staff gives elemental boost, rods give holy boost" schtick XII has going.

edit2: You know what? Screw JENOVA event for now. I'm going to be over here farming Squall boss rush for 4* orbs till security drags me out kicking and screaming because it's closing time.

Apparently from here on out events get harder until EX+ and EX++ difficulty comes along. In a way that will make me feel worse for not being able to do Squall if that it is one of the "easier" ones (of course I've not given up yet but it isn't a high priority). On the other hand not having to worry about having to fully complete the JENOVA event is a relief as I don't have much time to spend on it due to a holiday and might even miss the EX dungeon coming out.

Is it me of Red XIII (who is likely to be part of this event) another Irvine as in you need their relic or else they suffer? Especially given Red XIII has an even worse equipment selection if you lack any good fists.

Wazzy

Banned
I really want to use Red XIII but don't want to pull for his banner. Hmmm decisions, decisions.

I'm also wondering if I should split orb farming to level some characters or just continue and leave the levelling till later since it's not a priority.

Razmos

Aww, Sephiroth event :(

Ah well, the rewards sound pretty nice and it will give me chance to hit 100 mythril before the Balthier event arrives :3

In Japan the Shinra event EX reward was power breakdown (stronger* than power break but comes at the cost of few characters able to use it due to being 4* support rather than 3* combat). So that should be released for crafting etc (currently magic and mental breakdown are there) and of course is not as hard to craft as a summon.

Generally ability and equip rewards stay consistent between Japan and global.

*-How much so depends on version being played. 61% reduction in Japan vs. 72% in Global (Global might recieve same nerf). The break ones are 48% by comparison. Breakdown might last longer but is untested.

Road

I'm still trying to beat the stupid Archaeosaur in Squall's event :(

Anyone got a Sentinel Tyro RW I can use?

You don't have Intimidate? With it T-Rex is like taking candy from a baby: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/A...UT4=m22?cpn=UEEKxX7eXr8JJ_3N&c=WEB&cver=html5

This is what my party looked like: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/JPb8Dj9Oi0fax3b_QCQ7igoZdbDcGUVPd37HJ2amVAw=w483-h857-no

I'm just using Diamond Sword because it has 2 more atk than Galbadian Blade++. The difference is irrelevant.

So what are the rewards for the Sephiroth event?

Power Wrist
3* Shinra Beta x2
3* Mythril Saber x2
Tough Ring
Protect Ring
Power Break
Power Breakdown (boss rush)
Sephiroth and his memory crystal.

http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...nova_project_event_stamina_conditions_bosses/

I would rather a 3* rod x2 or at least Mythril Saber x3 (like it was for the Tidus event), but F2P gotta F2P.

Well I'm glad to dust off sephiroth. I have his masamune but pulled it in the banner festival, well after he was benched for turning 50, so I only used him in the Jehovah fight where he was a pure beast. I'm thinking three pull and 100 gem pull. I do not want another katana but will se what the other relics are. Hopefully they added blizzaja as a reward in here.

Good thing these events stick around for a while, I will have limited wifi Monday to Wednesday.

Razmos

If Red XIII is added in this event, we'll have full party synergy for a numbered realm finally, since FFVII will have 5 characters.

Think I'm gonna burn mythril for stamina so that I can get in a whole bunch of heroic xp dungeons today. Starting to have so many memory crystals and no level 50 characters to use them on.

Red Mage- your rw earthquake summon is not very good, you have my condolences. It does less the half that my Vivi quake does. :( granted my vivi is level 58 with a high mag rod, but still, sorry for you if that's your only sb pull. This is coming from an owner of the Josef fist, but thankfully I do have guard stick and masamune to make up for it.

MicH

I just threw a lot of growth eggs at Bard to get him to 50. Now I just need to unlock his second RM. Also working on Black and White Mage today

Yesterday I went from 83 to 90 stamina by completing elites. So many greater power, black and white orbs!

Red Mage

Red Mage- your rw earthquake summon is not very good, you have my condolences. It does less the half that my Vivi quake does. :( granted my vivi is level 58 with a high mag rod, but still, sorry for you if that's your only sb pull. This is coming from an owner of the Josef fist, but thankfully I do have guard stick and masamune to make up for it.

Yeah, it was useful before Vivi. I'm going back to Regen for now. Hope I pull OWA tonight. Been saving for it.

Roto13

edit: Hahahaha, all that stockpiling the tons and tons of XII loot, and when XII actually came about, it's so high level that the loot is all mediocre at best! Especially with the bizzaro "staff gives elemental boost, rods give holy boost" schtick XII has going.

Ha ha, right? I was like "Well, here's where my dozens of pieces of XII equipment goes to work." *optimize* *only like three pieces with record synergy*

Was hoping to get Cloud, Garnet and Vivi to level 65 today but the XP daily is pretty weak again now for these characters. I'd probably have to waste a couple of mythril to get them 5 levels up by the end of the day, but I don't want to do that. Least Squall is level 50 ready for his last boss mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom