• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
Q6oZGEO.jpg

LOL Fran's KO'd sprite.

Thought those were here feet and butt; it's her ears and head.

cheers for all that final fantasy 8 stuff, final fantasy 8 banner.

My very first pull was pretty much junk like this. Had a couple of better ones since.

Working through the Elites now. Getting Squall up to level 50 and then will tackle the last remaining Squall Boss and then Boss Rush, hopefully better equipped to take them on without a whole lot of hassle.

Really want to refill stamina so I can get on with a couple more elites to then refill my stamina for a couple more elites but want to save up for next 11 pull which is close again :((

This game!!

Falk

that puzzling face
To be fair, Valefor takes less summon orbs than the other 4*s, same as Phoenix.

... That's like saying one designer brand is cheaper than another though.

Kaiterra

Banned
Well I've figured out a perfect representation of how out of whack the EXP rewards have gotten. I've been doing Nalbina Dungeons Elite 1 (Daguza and Friends fight) repeatedly to get the Earth orbs I need to make Protectga. Lv32 Fran is in my party, this is a challenge level 68 dungeon, and I can do this 20 times without her gaining a level even with record synergy.

Falk

that puzzling face
My anecdotal, non-empiric gut feeling suggests it resets the timer, rather than adding a total duration.

Wow, those three FFVI Elite dungeons that give three stamina shards each... So good!
What follows those though is Mt. Kolts and Imperial Camp (these should be skipped as those two cost a tonne of stamina and the former is insanely hard and the second...well I hear it is like Figaro Castle but with 3 bosses...). Resume from Phantom Train (if you go by in-game difficulty number start that actually...).

forgrim

What follows those though is Mt. Kolts and Imperial Camp (these should be skipped as those two cost a tonne of stamina and the former is insanely hard and the second...well I hear it is like Figaro Castle but with 3 bosses...). Resume from Phantom Train (if you go by in-game difficulty number start that actually...).

yeah i just beat Mt. Kolts and there was a definite bump in difficulty (not to mention it was 91 stamina, PHEW)

gonna sta level then grind the 2 stamina levels for zealot RM

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So with the JP game adding weird-ass playable characters like Reno, I'm guessing it's only a matter of time until we get Leo from FF6. Excite.

Razmos

Like 4 times in a row now I've seen people post about Granaldo orb farming and gone "I should start farming this!" before realizing that I still haven't beaten Elite Norg and can't unlock boss rush yet.

Gahhhh

but does it extend the length of the debuff? that would be good to know

Look at that omega video, you can clearly see stop overwriting stop with a fresh one.

My anecdotal, non-empiric gut feeling suggests it resets the timer, rather than adding a total duration.

Yeah I don't see why it would do the latter. You're applying a fresh full duration debuff, overwriting the old partially used up one.

Red Mage

So with the JP game adding weird-ass playable characters like Reno, I'm guessing it's only a matter of time until we get Leo from FF6. Excite.

I'm sure that we will eventually get:
  • Kefka
  • Emperor
  • Leo
  • The Turks
  • Rufus
  • Edea
  • Laguna and crew.
  • Tantalus crew.
  • Kuja
  • Beatrix
  • Seymour
  • Brascha
  • Jecht
  • FF3 Guest characters
  • Garland

MicH

I'm up to the boss in Mt Kolts. Didn't realise there would be a difficulty spike as I had such an easy time with the dungeon before it :p So far I can still OHKO all trash mobs on autobattle, but they hit much harder. Hopefully I can master it

At this point your best bet is XP dungeon.
The friendly reminder about Sunday daily. Three growth eggs (30,000EXP total) is a completion reward on Heroic so go for full clears if you're doing Heroic (I think if you're doing the difficultly below to completion is almost equal to heroic and retreating after 1 battle). Retaliate meta (like all dailies is useful). In this case you can two shot without boost if you have Cloud with >243 ATK, something which I can't say is the case for the other dailies.

Falk

that puzzling face

Current setup for Ronaldo farming. I couldn't even be bothered putting abilities/gear on Ranger. If he takes a hit, big deal, I have 2x Phoenix anyway.

And in the rare case that Phoenix isn't the last thing that hits Ronaldo and his soccer team, who cares, only 1 star lost so I still get Champion 2x bonus
for a whole 6k XP

MicH

Alright, mastered Mt. Kolts elite. But what the hell is up with the FFVI elites? From 58 to 23 difficulty. That's kind of weird, but I'll take it! Easy stamina shards at low stamina cost

Falk

that puzzling face
You just know Garnet and FFX-2 Yuna will also be able to us Bard abilities.

Except Edward probably will too, and a rule of the universe is Edward has to be useless, so bard abilities probably will be useless.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I've been using my growth eggs a few at a time on whoever my lowest leveled character is at the time. All my crap characters are almost level 30, which given that I took a week off a while back and only play a few times a day and haven't paid a dime, I'm pretty happy with. Not in a rush to get RM for any of the core classes, personally. Actually, being a little behind the frontier of the content is good. I never run out of stuff to do, the difficulty is not unreasonable, I don't S/L cheese anything.

Went back and championed elite Norg using Luneth's Advance as my friend summon then used retaliate with my beefed up Cloud.

Time to farm and complete some elite dungeons.

Cool that they added Omega Weapon. I wonder if they'll eventually add more of the super bosses. I'd like to see the FFVII Weapons, other incarnations of Ultima/Omega, Dark Aeons, Penance, Ozma, Yazmat, etc.

I spent nearly all day yesterday farming the daily and still haven't received Tidus' RM. Drop, damnit!

Vorpal

Did you silence them? Sleep also works.

Personally didn't find them that hard with those status effects in play.

I brought Sleep Buster and Silence Buster--silenced the one I'd be attacking and then stuck sleep on the other one. I accidentally put my 2-use Fira Strike on Cloud instead of the 10-use, so that probably screwed me.

Either way my damage output wasn't high enough, apparently, because Sleep and Silence both wore off before the first one even died.

What kind of fire offense did you guys bring to this fight? I've got Fira Strike on Cloud and Firaja/aga on Vivi. Tidus and Wakka are my debuffers with Garnet on heals/Blindna (which I probably won't bring again.) Maybe Trance Fira RW + Ifrit/Phoenix?

Certainly had Ifrit x2. Highly probable I had Trance RW too. Personally didn't use Sleep and silenced them both although apparently sleep lasts longer but I've never used it. They did take a while to go down but had enough fire power, literally, to take them down without any hassle they were able to potentially give me.

Not saying it's easy, but compared to other bosses we've had lately at that stage they don't compare as difficult.

Also, Oilboyle x2 on elite just demolished my A-team! Wot happen
At least you didn't try 20+ S/L trying to make things work like I did...and I still failed. Best case for me was getting one down and running out of resources on the other. I am using mostly R2 stuff so yeah might be a tad impossible for me as getting one down would take everything I had.

Shame as I'd like to get it and NORG out of the way so I can join in the farming fun on boss rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom