• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saerk

Well spent 100 mithril. First pull ended up with the 4* VII glove and the 4* XII Hammer :/. That's 3 50 pulls straight of 4 stars as the best. Second pull I got two 5 stars. 5* Shark and 5* Golden Bracelet. The bracelet is nice, and that's my first 5* dagger, so I'll make use of it for all my guys who can't use anything decent. Also, got another 4* VII glove and 4* XII Hammer. I had copies of those earlier, so now I have two 6* weapons. I think I'm done with pulls for the event, and I'm going to save for another FF pull. I really need a 5* rod. Still using the light rod and whatever 3* has synergy. Cyan is going to have to be my RW for some more time. Gets me like 1600 a day.

100 gem pull got me 5* Butterfly Edge, 3-pull got me Red XIII's hairpin, which reading here sounds like he sucks anyway but better RW I suppose than my Kain with heat lance dealiemabob

Speaking of which, I'm currently playing this game where, if I'm leveling (and it's safe), I'll always choose a Kain RW and make sure to summon him twice. Gotta give those poor Kain players some love.

[Fugo]

Lol i got a second Zantetsuken from the banner pull, being it a non featured 5* the chances were like 0.00001%? XD I combined it for my first 5*+ weapon, looking forward to some good VI content to have the RS shine there

Falk

that puzzling face
[Fugo];170292677 said:
Lol i got a second Zantetsuken from the banner pull, being it a non featured 5* the chances were like 0.00001%? XD I combined it for my first 5*+ weapon, looking forward to some good VI content to have the RS shine there

- All banner items are 1%
- All soul break items not on the banner are 0.001% each. Incl. soul breaks that aren't character specific e.g. Behemoth Knife etc.
- All non soul break 5*s go in a filler pool to bring the total up to 10%. Incl. Zantetsuken, Genji gear, Danjuro, Judgement Staff, etc etc.

Zantetsuken belongs in the 3rd category.

edit: For whatever reason, at last check, Balamb Garden Uniform went in the 2nd category (0.001%) despite not having a soul break. Bizarre.

edit2:
ON THE LATEST EPISODE OF: DUMB SHIT FALK DOES FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER BECAUSE OCD MR COMPUTER

I've been really curious to figure out what the exact loot tables are for the Granaldo boss. We know it's 4 distinct loot tables, and we know that each of the 4 rolls can drop nothing, a 2* item, a 3* item OR a 4* item, and never a combination thereof. I'm mildly confident that each loot table has a definite, specific 2* item, and very confident that each loot table contains both the 3* or 4* orb of a specific color. (premise for that being never seeing a 3* and 4* of the same color drop together either)

So what I'm doing to prove/disprove my hypothesis is recording every single occurrence of a drop that contains both items and orbs, and using deduction to figure out which 2* item goes with which flavor of orb. Right now I have:
Code:
mythril spear + wind
mythril spear + wind + dark
chakram + power
chakram + power + wind
bowgun + chakram + wind

And so, via the power of deduction (red color)

BA3eihT.png

One of the four loot tables is {nothing, Sonic Knuckles, 3* Wind Orb, 4* Wind Orb}, i.e. you will never see a Sonic Knuckles dropping alongside the wind orbs.
I'm close to cracking the code! And then we'll see if 100% of drop results conform to that.

I put up a level 48 Red XIII with Diamond Pin and got less uses than my Level 50 Enhancer Terra or 65 Ball Status Reels Wakka and only one follow. What gives...

Road

- All banner items are 1%
- All soul break items not on the banner are 0.001% each. Incl. soul breaks that aren't character specific e.g. Behemoth Knife etc.
- All non soul break 5*s go in a filler pool to bring the total up to 10%. Incl. Zantetsuken, Genji gear, Danjuro, Judgement Staff, etc etc.

Zantetsuken belongs in the 3rd category.

It used to be like this until the latest banner.

Long story short, someone has made a spreadsheet with all probabilities: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Vgnpdyxy9kRzYeyjhC2wDFgCM/edit#gid=2006455515 (0 is not really 0, just a number lower than 0.001)

I wish there was a faster way to get mythril. I've only ever gotten a good weapon once. I always get garbage rods.

There is:
Buy gems.

I put up a level 48 Red XIII with Diamond Pin and got less uses than my Level 50 Enhancer Terra or 65 Ball Status Reels Wakka and only one follow. What gives...

Probably the fact it was late at night for most of the world. Wait for today's results.

Roto13

I wish there was a faster way to get mythril. I've only ever gotten a good weapon once. I always get garbage rods.

Oh, man, were you even here when we didn't get a free mythril every single day? Mythril was all precious and stuff there. You'd NEVER hear of someone using some to refresh before a boss.

Roto13

These bosses are weird because they're all vulnerable to a lot of status ailments and none of them have elemental weaknesses (and only a couple of strengths)

Falk

that puzzling face
It used to be like this until the latest banner.

Long story short, someone has made a spreadsheet with all probabilities:

Huh, actually the 3 category split still holds true, except there are more anomalies like Balamb Garden Uniform, along with exceptions in the other direction.

Can't spot any patterns to it just yet though.

Balphon

Ugh, Sephiroth is going to be total dead weight for me in this Jenova fight.

You were always overrated, Sephy. Deep in your heart, you knew.

I almost keep forgetting about the common pull. Not that it's given me a 3* star item in a looooong time, but still. Also I guess they fixed the double common draw when you got a new banner set.

I almost keep forgetting about the common pull. Not that it's given me a 3* star item in a looooong time, but still. Also I guess they fixed the double common draw when you got a new banner set.

Recently I got two 3* out of it (a Whip and some Armor) and a 4* (!!!) (Headgear) so I cannot whine much.

Still, too many garbage FF12 stuff.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I'd only use that in specific circumstances. Usually I just take AOE attacks for helpers to speed things up. Keep in mind that many folks are just farming the first EX boss these days.

I call this my "I'm too lazy to look up bonus objectives" loadout:

piDgHYq.png

Target Score:
Exploit weakness to Earth

Yep. Filled my spots in like an hour of putting Red up and he was used a grand total of 3 times. Usually my Summoner brings in over 10 and that was with like 25 followers.
I'll give it a few days, otherwise Reds out.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Target Score:
Exploit weakness to Earth

Yep. Filled my spots in like an hour of putting Red up and he was used a grand total of 3 times. Usually my Summoner brings in over 10 and that was with like 25 followers.

Do you really care if others don't use him? I know I have people on my list for specific reasons. Sure, I might not use that Ceres a lot, but I'm happy to have it available when I do need it.

Razmos

One day they are totally going to troll us with a boss that has an "inflict earth weakness" condition that is immune to Quake.

Do you really care if others don't use him? I know I have people on my list for specific reasons. Sure, I might not use that Ceres a lot, but I'm happy to have it available when I do need it.

Well people were using summoner a lot, so they obviously like him. While right now it seems people are just hoarding Reds for a "rainy day".
I'd rather help the people who actually use the FS's.

Red Mage

Two questions: does the person choosing to go into a dungeon with your RW count as a summons or do they have to use them in battle? Also, can you see how many times your RW has been used prior to the daily payout?

johnsmith

remember me
Why does Red's special weapon not have magic on it like Terra's sword? His black magic skill is completely useless without access to rods.

Pejo

Man I'm so torn to do another 11x on this banner. I really love Red (fairly obvious) but I hear he's not great stat wise and he doesn't even have his MC and thus cap breaking yet. I probably won't ever use Seph outside of this event, so even if I get a OWA, it'd just go to Cloud who's already rocking a Zanketsuken 6*. Are there any mage events coming up soon?

I think there was a flood of so many Reds that unless you posted your code somewhere with lots of online traffic, like the reddit page, you'll get lost in the crowd.

Xetherion

Why does Red's special weapon not have magic on it like Terra's sword? His black magic skill is completely useless without access to rods.

He's a support character. His magic skills are only there to give him access to buffs/debuffs like Poison, Sleep, Stop, Gravity, Protect, Shell, etc.

He's a support character. His magic skills are only there to give him access to buffs/debuffs like Poison, Sleep, Stop, Gravity, Protect, Shell, etc.
True, though for future reference, his next special relic does increase his magic stat if you wanted to use him as a damage caster. (Still not really his best option though.)

The FFVII squad doesn't really have a dedicated Black Mage yet, even in Japan. I really hope that's Cait Sith's role, since he was a great mage in the original game.

Wow, so after not getting any 5 star items for multiple 11 pulls and countless tossing 5 mythril at a time at relic pulls, I get One-Winged Angel and Revolver back to back on 5 pulls. Felt pretty good.

I just did Elite NORG (welcome to last week I hear you say). All four attempts were about 55 minutes total. Lost 5 medals during that fight due to it taking ages and there being 2 party members down at the end. I used a strategy of Carbuncle (attack left orb w/Garnet so no chance of dispell plus charge her SB) and when that wore off used Runic to get the use back activating it again once Runic expired (usually the timing was dreadful here as in right after I take an action) so I get 3 summons with an R1 Carbuncle, not bad. In between do some healing. No Zealot either (I'm on holiday in a few days time so really don't have time to do the story level that drops that let alone get the luck for the bard RM) but I only targeted the right orb near the end of the fight (once its attacks were able to do something all of the time). I also had Tyro with reflect (to try and stop NORG from using protect) but it didn't really work out, NORG RNG was a troll. Tyro was the first to fall as well shortly after the pod broke as well.

The only reason I did it now was I thought Runic was my best bet and one of the runic RW was on my current list. I also didn't want to wake up and find they had all turned into Red XIII. Second event Celes has come through for me.

I thought I would overall be expert. Nope, champion (doing the maths if it is 39 medals total champion is 32 or 33 depending on how it calculates and I had 34). If I ever beat these Oilboyles (I need to get reasonably far into shinra event to get the 2 greater earth orbs* for protectaga then need some blacks orbs form daily dungeon) I wonder how the EX one will be. Especially as it is unlikely I will use the same strategy due to it only being good for that fight (I can see Zealot coming in more handy with a sentinel approach). Might be best for me to leave Leviathan (and the major growth egg however unlikely champion is there) and just enjoy the orb farm from that EX as much as I like trophy summon that is unlikely to be used.

*-But it's Monday do the daily I hear you say? I did do and I got lots of regular Earth orbs I don't need (my total is 123 which can used for armour break and a load of skills I don't care for) some regular Fire orbs which will be useful for R3 Fira Strike and R3 Firaga which along with a revised strategy should be enough. Especially if I land upon the Red XIII RW (I'm following one currently) but Sentinel should work too (my failed strategy was seal evil RW but I lacked the firepower to beat them down after that, sentinel should help as will slow from Tidus).

Razmos

Got Zealot 3 battles after breaking Bard's cap. Lucky! Got it while working through the Jenova Event classics.

Then I used Zealot with Squall and the Blitz sword to utterly wreck Elite Norg. Feels good, amazing how much difference Zealot makes. I had Rinoa use haste on Squall too.

Now I can finally farm that sweet, sweet Granaldo.

Brandson

Just did elite Norg without much trouble by alternating zealot attacks and runic blade. I took very little damage overall. He hit a bit harder once he got out of the ship, but it wasn't that bad. It has been hard to dump Celes from my party since getting her sword, even though she is kind of weak. Wish she could use intimidate at least.

Balphon

Psycho Blast is Norg's only really dangerous attack provided you can keep the pods under control. He smacked Lenna with it for like 2500 damage right at the end of my fight with him in the boss rush. Fortunately, he doesn't use it that often.

Razmos

Psycho Blast is Norg's only really dangerous attack provided you can keep the pods under control. He smacked Lenna with it for like 2500 damage right at the end of my fight with him in the boss rush. Fortunately, he doesn't use it that often.
He hit Garnet for 4100 damage just a few turns from the finish :(

Road

This was my Norg fight (Retaliate warning): https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/1...yfc=m22?cpn=QwqZv-b6rHa-CXsR&c=WEB&cver=html5

Yep, Psycho Blast damage made me react without thinking... haha

My party setup wasn't great either (Berserk was not a good idea, should have brought Protega instead). As for RW, I was going to use Celes, but I saw the opportunity to try out Luneth instead and decided to go with it.

This was Oylboyles: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/H...eig=m22?cpn=zW1GBHg6DTk9gY9h&c=WEB&cver=html5

Wasn't ideal either, since I brought the wrong Boost (stupid quests clogging my abilities list!!). I also should have just gone for the kill in the end.

Balphon

He hit Garnet for 4100 damage just a few turns from the finish :(

I think it hits that hard because a it's long range physical attack, and thus will ignore the back row bonus.

I imagine that will make Jenova BIRTH super fun, since almost all of her attacks are long range physical. May as well just put everyone in the front.

Flambe

Damn, wanted a OWA so did a few solo pulls. Got a 3*, 4* then got repeat Diamond Pin and Butterfly Edge =s Don't wanna complain about 5*s but poop lol.

I guess 6*ing the Pin is obvious, guessing I should do the Edge too hm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom