• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xetherion

I read on reddit that Red Mage and Summoner's crystals aren't actually avaiable yet despite the characters being in the Break Level Cap menu. Why Cyan's crystal? I'm more interested in Josef's for his second materia.

Trying to finish up the Balthier boss rush to get rose corsage before I go back and tackle Jenova again. I still can't beat the normal elite never mind the boss rush. Not sure how I'll handle it but hopefully a few levels makes a difference for me. Aeris is super useful on the Baltheir event btw, seal evil against all the enemy groups tends to stick pretty well, and if you farm the first boss for ethers before taking the ghis you can build up soul break gauge again.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Is it just me or is the FF8 SeeD Exam dungeon a pretty big difficulty spike? I've had zero trouble with normal enemies up to now, but this one just slaughtered me.

Dang, I pulled a 5★ sword for FF VII (no soul break tho).

Now I'm feeling obligated to Growth Egg Cloud and attempt Jenova and the boss rush.

Another reason to skip non shard elites: what am I supposed to do with all this scarletite and adamantite? Thinking about dropping five mythril and expanding to 200 slots, but that will get filled up pretty quickly with these mats.

Ether does not give a summon back? I was at 0/1 Leviathan, 2/2 Protectga at the end of Mimic Queen, next fight I start with the same... There goes my tactic...

Sigh.

Ez3R13B.jpg

ok so, Jenova birth.

What are my damage mitigation options? Does protect work? I only have 2 casts of berserk and I want to at least get the first time clears on her and the boss rush before the end of day tomorrow.

Thinking I'm gonna go Cloud, Seph, Wakka, Aeris, Garnet. Will probably give up and vit0 if she's not immune to breaks. I noticed the ff12 dungeon was resisting breaks.

Balphon

ok so, Jenova birth.

What are my damage mitigation options? Does protect work? I only have 2 casts of berserk and I want to at least get the first time clears on her and the boss rush before the end of day tomorrow.

Thinking I'm gonna go Cloud, Seph, Wakka, Aeris, Garnet. Will probably give up and vit0 if she's not immune to breaks. I noticed the ff12 dungeon was resisting breaks.

3 of her 4 damaging attacks are physical, so focus on that. The other one (Gas) is her strongest move, though.

Do not hit her with Berserk.

Balphon

Looks to say she will tail laser and then attack normally, which I'm fairly sure is what she does.

Though Berserk apparently turns AoE attacks into single target for some weird reason.

Oh I noticed that on Ghis. Definitely bringing that then to try it out.

Also I made a server on discord to use as a general ffrk chat if anyone is interested in a real time chat / voice chat. I'll link it as soon as I figure out how to do "quote to reveal" links.

Quote to reveal server link:

There we go, all set up. It's kinda like a ventrillo / skype ish thing, has a web interface. Link should be good for a while, once it expires anyone who hops in the room should be able to make new ones.

Oh I noticed that on Ghis. Definitely bringing that then to try it out.

Also I made a server on discord to use as a general ffrk chat if anyone is interested in a real time chat / voice chat. I'll link it as soon as I figure out how to do "quote to reveal" links.

There we go, all set up. It's kinda like a ventrillo / skype ish thing, has a web interface. Link should be good for a while, once it expires anyone who hops in the room should be able to make new ones.

you need to put it in the tags, in [email=here] [/ email] part

[email=like so]

Fixed the server link on the prior post. I forgot the quotes of quotes don't show up.

Also here's the link again.

Quote to reveal server link:

I'm about to head to sleep so I'll be scarce for a while but that link should be good for around 23 more hours, then it expires. If you make a discord account there's also a desktop and phone app that are all pretty nice.

ugh. I really don't like the quest system in this game. Having to accept a quest before doing the action gets really tedious.

Especially when you enter a dungeon and forget to accept it.

Damn.

Equipment forging level.

Ahh... copy pasta from GFAQS:

Copy n' paste from reddit:

As I had mentioned in a previous post, this is a new addition to the equipment upgrading system. Equipment now has a "Forging Value" which raises the weapon's highest stat. In order to raise FV, you either have to use a new item "Rosetta Stone" as an upgrade component, or use a piece of equipment that already has FV on it (in which case the upgrade component's FV gets added to the base weapon's FV.) All natural 5-star items start with an FV of 1. Max FV varies; 1 through 3 star items are max 1-3 respectively, 4 star items are max 5 FV. 5-star non character relic items are max 10, character relic items are max 15, and weapons with super SBs (so far only two, Cloud's and Squall's) are max 20.
When you forge equipment there's a rare chance of having 'super success', which grants a bonus to added FV.

Tried taking on Jenova in the final non bonus battle of Sephiroth event with my level 50+ party, still got pasted.

I don't think I'm gonna keep trying on this event, time to move on.

Tried taking on Jenova in the final non bonus battle of Sephiroth event with my level 50+ party, still got pasted.

I don't think I'm gonna keep trying on this event, time to move on.

Yeah, moving on is a valid solution.

I moved on even from Balthier's Judge Gish battle. I brought 4x Quake, 2x Bladeblitz and destroyed his lackeys in 2 rounds + blinded him in the 2nd round (luck!). Then wailed at him for about 10 minutes, blind went off so I blinded him again (mega luck!!!) and wailed at him again for another 10 minutes (full party, full health because of TONS of Curaga/ Curajas stocked on my Tyro). His blind went off again and he killed me in the end... 2nd time I lost ~80 Stamina on this dungeon :/ and countless minutes save scumming the trash mobs so that they do not hit me at all (possible).

I simply cannot beat him - I hit him for 400-600 damage near the end and without HP BARS I have no idea if he has 1000 HP or 10 000 HP left... and I read here some guys kill him before the first Blind ends...

I can upgrade Blind Strike (3*) to R2 but then I will have to use 80 Stamina *again* and pray *again* this time for 3 Blinds to stick on him. And the whole save scumming the trash mobs ehh... not worth it.

Party consists of LVL50 Tyro, LVL49 Wakka, LVL 46 Vivi, LVL50 Cloud and LVL49 Tidus.

Cannot beat: Materia Keeper, Jenova, Two Judges and Judge Gish. Swimming through Heroic Dailies w/o Save Scumming.

No shame, no fucks given.

RivalCore

I moved on even from Balthier's Judge Gish battle. I brought 4x Quake, 2x Bladeblitz and destroyed his lackeys in 2 rounds + blinded him in the 2nd round (luck!). Then wailed at him for about 10 minutes, blind went off so I blinded him again (mega luck!!!) and wailed at him again for another 10 minutes (full party, full health because of TONS of Curaga/ Curajas stocked on my Tyro). His blind went off again and he killed me in the end... 2nd time I lost ~80 Stamina on this dungeon :/ and countless minutes save scumming the trash mobs so that they do not hit me at all (possible).

I simply cannot beat him - I hit him for 400-600 damage near the end and without HP BARS I have no idea if he has 1000 HP or 10 000 HP left... and I read here some guys kill him before the first Blind ends...

I can upgrade Blind Strike (3*) to R2 but then I will have to use 80 Stamina *again* and pray *again* this time for 3 Blinds to stick on him. And the whole save scumming the trash mobs ehh... not worth it.

Party consists of LVL50 Tyro, LVL49 Wakka, LVL 46 Vivi, LVL50 Cloud and LVL49 Tidus.

Cannot beat: Materia Keeper, Jenova, Two Judges and Judge Gish. Swimming through Heroic Dailies w/o Save Scumming.

Drop Bladeblitz and Blind. Bring retaliate and berserk. It will still be a long enough fight, but berserk brings Ghis on to your side.

SougoXIII

Berserk is so weird. I thought it'd force them to attack only in exchange for increased buff but apparently they can still cast spells... but it turns into single target or cast buffs on me instead? (Thanks for that protect and Great Barrier Ghis but you need it more than I do)

Gish has 104,000 HP, so yeah. I'm about to try him right now.

Got Novice in the 2 Judge Elite. Why are these last stages so hard?
I'm using 55 Vivi 56 Cloud 54 Garnet 55 Squall and 54 Wakka.

Judge Ghis requires Balthier so I'm currently leveling him.
I might try Ghis once or twice before moving on.

forgrim

What are the odds a new event starts today? Have they ever released an event without public ally announcing it first? Pretty new so not sure about this.

Xetherion

What are the odds a new event starts today? Have they ever released an event without public ally announcing it first? Pretty new so not sure about this.

I'm pretty sure they've always announced new events at least 24 hours in advance, so I doubt there'll be a new event today. I for one am glad, i'm still working on the new Classic paintings and then I have a huge backlog of elites to do. I still haven't done the elites going all the way back from like 3 updates ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom