• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SougoXIII

For those who farm orbs in dailies dungeons: Do you do just the first stage and quit? or some orbs have better drop rate on diff stages? I know this is the case with the last dailies update but so far, the drop rate for each orb seems to be even.

Edgar and Sabin dropping this month? Think I'll save up my mythril for an 11 pull if so. I've whiffed on character specific VI items and it's my favorite FF and one of my favorite games ever.

Razmos

After around 30+ times resetting on the Judge Ghis boss rush battle, I just said fuck it, died anyway and used a mythril.

When people said the Balthier event was really easy I was expecting it to be easier than that.

The first 2 bosses WERE easy, but then the mimic queen spams AoE attacks doing 1500+ damage a hit, then Ba'Gamnan and co do shit loads of damage before you manage to get any actions in. And then Judge Ghis was even worse.

Just an utterly annoying boss to fight due to his HP, defenses and buffs. He resists Wakka's status reels, what a crock of shit.
The previous MO of elites was to crank up the stats of an enemy and call it a day. Now they are cranking up their stats AND removing all their weakness, fantastic.

Every time I feel like i'm doing good in this game I get shot down. And everyone saying "It's easy!" isn't helping with that.

Eh whatever, I mastered it anyway.

I'm not quite ready for the new dungeons (even though Ricard! :D), I hope they still wait a bit.

Edgar and Sabin dropping this month? Think I'll save up my mythril for an 11 pull if so. I've whiffed on character specific VI items and it's my favorite FF and one of my favorite games ever.
Possibly not, at least three events before them if they banner order is correct.

After around 30+ times resetting on the Judge Ghis boss rush battle, I just said fuck it, died anyway and used a mythril.

When people said the Balthier event was really easy I was expecting it to be easier than that.

The first 2 bosses WERE easy, but then the mimic queen spams AoE attacks doing 1500+ damage a hit, then Ba'Gamnan and co do shit loads of damage before you manage to get any actions in. And then Judge Ghis was even worse.

Just an utterly annoying boss to fight due to his HP, defenses and buffs. He resists Wakka's status reels, what a crock of shit.
The previous MO of elites was to crank up the stats of an enemy and call it a day. Now they are cranking up their stats AND removing all their weakness, fantastic.

Every time I feel like i'm doing good in this game I get shot down. And everyone saying "It's easy!" isn't helping with that.

Did you Blind the Judge? Hes not a problem then. Just takes a little while to chop away at with his barriers.

I don't know how I keep doing it but I was out of heals again when I beat the boss rush. You really need 2 healers which I've been doing for a lot of these events. Was -0, -1, -1, -4, -4 on the rush....you can lose 12 medals. Tossed in level capped Celes to help exploit some weaknesses on 2(fire) and 3(ice) while also throwing up her shield on 3. I had like 3 retaliate, a couple of armor breaks, 1 power break and a few double cuts going into the last fight. Also had 2 protectga. Had Healing Grimoire friend as I wasn't going to sit around all day waiting for Sentinel Grimoire to pop up. DIdn't bring dark buster but probably should have. Went in with 20 cures...think I had like 14-15 by the time of Ghis at the end. Could have put Squall in for Celes as he can use those sword strikes as well I believe...but did not...he's only 1 level ahead of her anyhow in my game. His limitbreak would have come in more handy though since I have his weapon.

forgrim

I brought magic break and protectga which made mimc queen easy, bagamman easy and as soon as adds died it became easy and just a attrition fight

Any tips for the Elite Lost Number fight? I'd like to snag Sephiroth's crystal before the event ends. My team is low to mid 40s, my strategy has basically been to focus on debuffs, trying to keep poison, paralyze, and/or blind on the boss as much as possible, and just whale on him. I can get him to change forms but just can't seem to bring it home. Are my levels just not high enough?

Any tips for the Elite Lost Number fight? I'd like to snag Sephiroth's crystal before the event ends. My team is low to mid 40s, my strategy has basically been to focus on debuffs, trying to keep poison, paralyze, and/or blind on the boss as much as possible, and just whale on him. I can get him to change forms but just can't seem to bring it home. Are my levels just not high enough?
If all else fails, I'd just VIT0 him. Getting a character's Memory Crystal is important, since if it's during an event you'll have to wait quite a while before you have another opportunity.

Balphon

Are you taking his change in defenses into account once he hits half health? He will have drastically reduced physical or magic defenses depending on what sort of attack reduces his HP below half.

Balphon

Yeah, I'm bringing a couple of casts of Blizzaga, but mostly I'm loading up on status ailment spells.

If you think you can scrape a little more magic damage together you may try getting him to switch to the physical form instead. Its attacks are much weaker and will be mitigated almost completely by blind to the point where you may even be able to just stand around and wait for poison to kill it.

Red Mage

Ghris you just berserk and then beat him silly.

Roto13

Huh. And new dungeons every two weeks from now on.

And two new bonus quests that give you Tidus and Lenna. OR growth eggs if you have them already.

Negator

Have 4/5 stamina shards. Did the daily until I had 48 stamina. Did the dungeon only to realize first ff7 normal has no shards.

I just trolled myself.

Falk

that puzzling face
No skipping Black Orb day for me. Looking forwards, even with 2 mages I sometimes have difficulty loading out with vulnerabilities and end up using the 2* version of the spell (which does more damage than non-weakness with Tyro's RM2, and has more than the 2 casts my 4* spells have)

Ultimately I think for 4mage meta, having 1 4* and 2 3* of each element at r4 seems like the safest place to be at. r5 mats are too absurd to justify before getting a 2nd r4, especially with Mana Fountain refilling stuff.

Ashodin

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEXT EVENT

501.png

110749-army-of-darkness-yeah-baby-gif-bhkf.gif

YESSSSSSSSS

This is why I'm excited:

Cecil (DK) Light Against the Darkness (Re-Event) Bloodstained Sword I Attack command deals 20% extra damage at the cost of 5% HP -- Bloodstained Sword II | Attack command deals 30% extra damage at the cost of 5% HP
Cecil (Paladin) Light Against the Darkness (Re-Event) Unyielding Spirit | Auto protect when HP critical (Once per battle) -- Paladin's Sword Art | Restore 8% of Attack command damage on hit

Roto13

Moar Memory Crystals.

Dungeon update has them for Summoner (!), Red Mage, Cyan, and Josef. And some more that were available from events that I don't know about.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEXT EVENT

501.png

110749-army-of-darkness-yeah-baby-gif-bhkf.gif

YESSSSSSSSS

This is why I'm excited:

Cecil (DK) Light Against the Darkness (Re-Event) Bloodstained Sword I Attack command deals 20% extra damage at the cost of 5% HP -- Bloodstained Sword II | Attack command deals 30% extra damage at the cost of 5% HP
Cecil (Paladin) Light Against the Darkness (Re-Event) Unyielding Spirit | Auto protect when HP critical (Once per battle) -- Paladin's Sword Art | Restore 8% of Attack command damage on hit

So this is 2 days away or did a new announcement pop after tonight's update and it comes out tomorrow? I joined the game after these 2 came out. Looking forward to adding them to my ranks.

This is why I'm excited:

All over my face please.

Road

Finished Balthier boss rush. Another berserk recommendation, not only for Judge Ghis but for Mimic Queen as well. And if you can get Tides of Fate as roaming warrior for the bagaman, it makes it easy too.

Moar Memory Crystals.

Dungeon update has them for Summoner (!), Red Mage, Cyan, and Josef. And some more that were available from events that I don't know about.

Someone needs to trace the optimal path to it asap.

Finished Balthier boss rush. Another berserk recommendation, not only for Judge Ghis but for Mimic Queen as well. And if you can get Tides of Fate as roaming warrior for the bagaman, it makes it easy too.

Bladestorm Rain is also good if you can't find any Balthier SB's.

Falk

that puzzling face
There's like 5 threads on Reddit now. Considering how many of those guys send nonstop messages to DeNA I'm pretty sure they're aware by now.

irregardless,

*****************************************************************************************
PSA: DO NOT DO COREL PRISON ELITE TILL DENA ADDRESSES THIS
*****************************************************************************************

Red Mage

There's like 5 threads on Reddit now. Considering how many of those guys send nonstop messages to DeNA I'm pretty sure they're aware by now.

irregardless,

Well, as long as we get apology mythril, I'm fine. >_>

Falk

that puzzling face
If it helps any, there's no Granaldo-esque throw-all-your-stamina-at-it pinatas between this dungeon update and the next.

Wazzy

Banned
Ahhh so much new content and I'm still doing Sephiroth event. xD At least boss rush has been much easier than I thought.

irregardless,

So it's apparently fixed, and I know I still only have two Mythril

Roto13

I don't want to have to think about which abilities to bring with me to the Balthier boss rush. Blaaaaaah. Thinking is hard.

Falk

that puzzling face
Nice part is it doesn't really matter since e.g. all the elemental weakness conditions are removed.

Just bring a lot of AOE. And Zerk for Mimic Queen/Ghis because why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom