• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road

First boss on the rush drops greater summon orb. For those who have good luck and want to farm them.
Sigh....missed mastery on the boss rush. Wtf, I'm terrible. >_>

I forgot to use Curaga on the 2nd Scarmiglione, so I was afraid I was going to miss it, but fortunately I got enough medals on everything else. Good thing for you it's only 60 stamina.

What was your party setup?

If it helps, this was my party:
llZOtnKbG-CrEaN9Hyis1bjiHLJAu7PgA6EivQ1FL5Gy=w468-h832-no

Quake and Firaga for the 1st Scarmiglione. Waterga and Thundaga for the 2nd. For Dark Knight Cecil I just waited until he died.

Raise? I just made that. :(

Someone on reddit listed future events and rewards. You should check it out to avoid this. I just don't have the link anymore... Edit: found it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18a_NeuQKvoo9Ot2TIvLHRrdEMZ3B-icJUqfLc8KTeaE/edit?usp=sharing

First boss on the rush drops greater summon orb. For those who have good luck and want to farm them.

I forgot to use Curaga on the 2nd Scarmiglione, so I was afraid I was going to miss it, but fortunately I got enough medals on everything else. Good thing for you it's only 60 stamina.

If it helps, this was my party:

Quake and Firaga for the 1st Scarmiglione. Waterga and Thundaga for the 2nd. For Dark Knight Cecil I just waited until he died.

Thank you! This helps a lot!

It doesn't seem feasible to hone up more than one 4 star summon, assuming you want a minimum of 3 uses. I have 44 gsos, so I can probably get to the 60 needed to take say leviathan to r3 fairly easily. Not that I have the other orbs to do so,,but this is a long term project.

Thoughts on which summons to focus on to make summoning viable as a class/subclass?

Edit by 60, I mean honing from 1 to 3

Mastered the Boss Rush. 35/42. The minimum. -1, -3, -3.

Hadn't made Raise yet either. Whew. =) Dropped both Major Growth into Summoner. Now up to Level 43.

This game is pretty great yall. That's all.

I was wondering... some 2 months ago I think Shouta (?) made a list of up to which boss fight/ plot point each of the realms were released overseas in Japan. I was wondering is there a realm that is "complete" meaning up to the final boss in Japan, today?

This game is pretty great yall. That's all.

I was wondering... some 2 months ago I think Shouta (?) made a list of up to which boss fight/ plot point each of the realms were released overseas in Japan. I was wondering is there a realm that is "complete" meaning up to the final boss in Japan, today?
Not yet.

Faithless

I did an 11 pull last night on Balthier's banner hoping for some decent XII gear and got this:

That's my third or fourth 11 pull and it's my worst so far.

Oof. I had a bad pull the other night and I decided not to post it because of how bad this pull is.

Razmos

Lmao, the first fight in the boss rush against Scarmiglione is really fun if you use Carbuncle to give the party reflect and then just whale on the boss.

He counters everything with Counter Thunder which just keeps doing damage to him :p

Been reading some site about the content available in the JPN version.

Random EX+ Boss Fight:
Boss name Seifer, Raijin, Fujin
HP Seifer: ~124000 / Raijin: ~112000 / Fujin: ~108000

3 bosses with over 100k HP each AT THE SAME TIME.

Sounds fun, no?

Is there even a Quakega, lol.

Nohar

Cecil's boss rush completed. Rather easy indeed. Oddly enough the first boss was the one who took the most time to kill. Others died quickly in comparison (I just waited for Dark Cecil to kill himself).

SunGod

All story elites finished, Cecil event mastered, also managed to pick up the 4* egg from S.S. Liki elite, going for North Mountain elite now (these are the two new bonus quests) and should be done in around 3 hours and then I'm caught up with (doable) quests again.

After that I'm probably just going to farm the first Scarmiglione battle in the boss rush for 4* summon orbs and Dark Cecil's second RM (only missing Garnet's second RM after that) has anyone got other ideas for things I should be doing? (apart from putting my phone down down lol)

Also got all characters to Lv50+ apart from Arc (47) Refia (47) Ricard (40) and Gladiator (40) I've got three 5* eggs saved and will probably use them on the next event character (Yuna?) to go straight to Lv43.

All story elites finished, Cecil event mastered, also managed to pick up the 4* egg from S.S. Liki elite, going for North Mountain elite now (these are the two new bonus quests) and should be done in around 3 hours and then I'm caught up with (doable) quests again.

After that I'm probably just going to farm the first Scarmiglione battle in the boss rush for 4* summon orbs and Dark Cecil's second RM (only missing Garnet's second RM after that) has anyone got other ideas for things I should be doing? (apart from putting my phone down down lol)

Also got all characters to Lv50+ apart from Arc (47) Refia (47) Ricard (40) and Gladiator (40) I've got three 5* eggs saved and will probably use them on the next event character (Yuna?) to go straight to Lv43.

Have you any idea how much time all the above took you? 20 hours? 40 hours? The game does not track your playtime I'm afraid.

SunGod

Have you any idea how much time all the above took you? 20 hours? 40 hours? The game does not track your playtime I'm afraid.

I very rarely have full stamina in the game apart from when I wake up in the mornings (and I usually get 7-8 hours of sleep) so yeah... also I've been playing since day one (although I used to regularly have max stamina back then as we had to check it every couple of hours or so and that wasn't possible, every five and a half hours now is just about doable for me)

Road

They should just make daily mythril a fixed thing. Unrelated, the new story dungeons dropping upgrade material is kind of annoying because I have nothing to upgrade. =|

Go to sleep. =P

In your place I'd probably farm the summon orbs too. Of 38 runs on ffrk inspector, it has a 20% chance of dropping. Farming orbs is all you can do. Get all your 3* abilities to r10. =P

A new event should be coming tomorrow or Wednesday, or maybe even by surprise today (very small chance).

I have the Sony Lifelog app, which tracks game playtime, and last week alone it gives me 26 hours of ffrk. It's probably not accurate, it may be considering all the time the app is not closed or something. It can't be right... I should try another usage tracking app, but I don't know the best one.

Falk

that puzzling face

Was gonna say summon orbs but you already got that covered.

Other than that, stuff like Storm Dragon just reinforces the fact that 4-mage meta is going to outstrip physical (Retaliate or otherwise) so I'd get started on 2x3* 1x4* r4 of each elemental spell to support 4-mage. I think that's going to be a staple regardless of what support abilities things circle around to.

(Also Terra best BM because she can Breakdown, resist or not)

Hmm... I might try the 2 Mage meta then. Both Vivi (52) and Terra (50) could work. Wakka is borderline useless in the future anyway. Gotta create & hone the shit out of -GA spells first, though. 2 Mages dealing anything from 5000/5000 to 9999/9999 damage each turn are too good to pass on.

SunGod

Go to sleep. =P

In your place I'd probably farm the summon orbs too. Of 38 runs on ffrk inspector, it has a 20% chance of dropping. Farming orbs is all you can do. Get all your 3* abilities to r10. =P

A new event should be coming tomorrow or Wednesday, or maybe even by surprise today (very small chance).

Haha don't worry I do! Hopefully the new event doesn't start until Wednesday so I can spend tomorrow farming black orbs.

Was gonna say summon orbs but you already got that covered.

Other than that, stuff like Storm Dragon just reinforces the fact that 4-mage meta is going to outstrip physical (Retaliate or otherwise) so I'd get started on 2x3* 1x4* r4 of each elemental spell to support 4-mage. I think that's going to be a staple regardless of what support abilities things circle around to.

(Also Terra best BM because she can Breakdown, resist or not)

I beat Storm Dragon comfortably with retaliate (but I have a Zanteksuken++ which has served me well in dungeons from every game so far) but certainly I agree mages will eventually be the way to go. I've read about how boss def stats will only increase from here on and how Armor Breakdown was nerfed in the Japanese version so as I said above I'll (hopefully) be farming black orbs tomorrow. I might even spend some mythril on stamina refreshes...

I think it's safe to say that daily login mythril is here to stay, which also makes every fifth day extra sweet with double mythril. They'd be mad to abolish it.

I was more hoping they'd announce the next event, but I guess that'll wait until tomorrow.

(Though with everything going on today, I've found it a little hard to focus on anything, never mind RK.)

Razmos

I think it's safe to say that daily login mythril is here to stay, which also makes every fifth day extra sweet with double mythril. They'd be mad to abolish it.
Not to mention that daily login bonuses change later on, so you get 3 mythril during a cycle rather than 2.

Falk

that puzzling face
Attack

(lol)

On a serious note though, A touch of AOE for the first, fire + holy (you can just use a heal for the condition), and then anything but ice for the 2nd (absorbs ice), and then either turtle or burn the 3rd. Bring Breaks and you should be good in terms of managing incoming damage.

Lunatic High is probably the best RW because it directly counters Cursed Elegy (once) and is useful for the 3rd, regardless if you're turtling or burning.

Man that storm dragon elite is a real mfer. My issue is hat my thundaja is only r1. I used that, thundaga, thundara, thundara strike and sentinel rw and it was a beast. The trash also, no idea how I was losing a medal on actions taken there, used retaliate method.

Have three vii elites left , dreading the last. I have around 3.7m exp eggs waiting to be used and the two bonus quests to get two more greaters. Missing the rm2 of garnet and Josef, already sunk over 150 stam into Josef to no avail', stam beyond the elites. Average level is at 48.07, gladiator and ricard sitting at lvl1 are hurting that. Really need two more mages to get level broken as vivi and garnet are nearly level 64.

Hoping for yunas event to be a surprise start tonight or tomorrow, enough mythril for a three pull only, may do a paid 11, haven't done one this month.

Balphon

Man that storm dragon elite is a real mfer. My issue is hat my thundaja is only r1. I used that, thundaga, thundara, thundara strike and sentinel rw and it was a beast. The trash also, no idea how I was losing a medal on actions taken there, used retaliate method.

It's 2.5 actions per mob for full medals regardless of how much HP the mob has. Doesn't make much sense, really.

MicH

Ack, I could only complete the boss rush. If I had Phoenix Summon I think I could have mastered it :/ Might try with Maduin and see if I can kill all the mobs in the first battle

Razmos

Failed to master the boss rush because my protectga and curaga ran out just before the battle ended, and he killed Rydia and Garnet with Darkness one turn before he auto-died, losing me the mastery for the fight and for the entire boss rush.

God damn it, now i'm gonna have to do the whole damn thing again.

johnsmith

remember me
Ack, I could only complete the boss rush. If I had Phoenix Summon I think I could have mastered it :/ Might try with Maduin and see if I can kill all the mobs in the first battle
My Rydia killed all the adds in the first fight with a single Ifrit. Phoenix is overkill.

Failed to master the boss rush because my protectga and curaga ran out just before the battle ended, and he killed Rydia and Garnet with Darkness one turn before he auto-died, losing me the mastery for the fight and for the entire boss rush.

God damn it, now i'm gonna have to do the whole damn thing again.

I don't think it's all that great a strategy just waiting/defending TBH (if that's what you did by the sounds of it). He's not very tanky and he'd be quicker going down attacking him IMO. It's how I did it and I didn't lose a single medal either. Less boring too.

Balphon

I don't think it's all that great a strategy just waiting/defending TBH (if that's what you did by the sounds of it). He's not very tanky and he'd be quicker going down attacking him IMO. It's how I did it and I didn't lose a single medal either. Less boring too.

I agree that it is probably easier to just kill him, but his defense stats are, in fact, very high: his DEF and RES are nearly double those of Jenova.

MicH

Mastered the boss rush the second time around. Ifrit helped a ton! Brought DK Cecil (two breaks), P Cecil (two breaks), Rydia (Waterga + Ifrit), Vivi (Thundaga + Waterja) And Garnet (Curaga + Protectga). Sentinel's Grimoire RW for Cecil.

Negator

Storm Dragon elite looks super scary. Hell even on normal it was pretty scary.

Only that and that Palumporom 2 elite leftover from the last update. Feels like my stamina cap barely increased!

Okay. Just want to confirm. Have any of you got Garnet's second materia to drop?
Hoping it will drop now that I've posted about it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom