• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried a full Heroic run of Fire & Earth orbs and got exactly 1 Greater Fire Orb and 1 Greater Earth Orb to drop. That is good, no? For 45 Stamina. I need 2 Greater Earth Orbs more to craft PROTECTGA.

In other news the best proof that Cecil Event is 10x easier than Balthier's Event is the following:

I mastered the Scarmiglione Elite fight:

zdjcie2xrqmw.png

zdjcie379q0o.png

using the following setup:

zdjcie1y5qkv.png

Looks like a normal team, no? Check the Blizzagas and Blizzara Strike... yeah, I did not know he ABSORBS them. It was a very long and stressful fight.

Elite Dark Cecil was a pushover. Going to try Boss Rush tonight and be done with the Event!

Nohar

Soooo... No Yuna's event. There was no doubt today would be orb day, but it is still a little frustrating that we don't even get a message about it.

I agree. Otherwise people would be falling further and further behind. I have the remainder of the a few Dungeon Elites to finish off and we all know how much Stamina those eat up.

Today will be Black/Power Orb day though.

MicH

I need so many a lack Orbs today. So, so many. I should farm lesser power too, but I have two R3 (or whatever is the one with 8 uses) double cuts already which is fine. Need those -aga spells honed!

Azusa

Successfully cleared 9th Station elite but in the last rounds I used auto attack. In the end only 2 members of the party left.

I need to start honing abilities ASAP. I have only did some to complete quests.

Falk

that puzzling face
I agree. Otherwise people would be falling further and further behind. I have the remainder of the a few Dungeon Elites to finish off and we all know how much Stamina those eat up.

If you rationed 5 mythril per 50 for stam refreshes (and only stam refreshes) you'll have enough stam for virtually anything.

It does highlight what a grindfest the game becomes though :V

edit: Yoooo guess what's coming up

Nohar

I always loved Via Purifico's theme. The HD version is actually the one song from the HD OST that I really prefer over the original.

Now, regarding Black Magic, which spells should I hone? Among my best honed spells I have a Firaga (R4), Comet (R4), Quake (R2) and Firaja (R2). Other -aga spells are just R3 (not counting Bioga, that I didn't craft).

Demons gate is such a dick. Can't believe how much he freaks out just before he dies and then causing so much damage.
Cheap as hell...but I got that asshole.

According to this: http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/the-false-bride-classic/

The weapons and armor we get in the yuna event are the same as from the previous X event, fencing sabre, crusaders mask and cuirass. How boring. I won't bother with upgrading and combiming the armors, I will with the fencing sabre, with rs the attack is 139 compared to the zantetsuken at 104. Considering it seems like a ton of the bosses require wakka in he party, this seems like it would have been a good opportunity to throw a bone his way weapon wise, but I guess it will be killer bow for yet another event with him. I am going to waste so so much exp with he and tidus required to be in the party.

So I could use some help. I'm finding that Wakka dies more often than anybody else, is there a better option I should be using?

Current Party :

Tyro (lvl 37)
Sephiroth (38)
Rydia (39)
Cloud (41)
Wakka (39)

My options are :

• Snow (10)
  • Fran (10)
  • Balthier (17)
  • Tidus (1)
  • Red 13 (1)
  • Cyan (16)
  • Kain (23)
  • Cecil (1)
  • Dark Knight Cecil (1)
  • Josef (10)

Razmos

According to this: http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/the-false-bride-classic/

The weapons and armor we get in the yuna event are the same as from the previous X event, fencing sabre, crusaders mask and cuirass. How boring. I won't bother with upgrading and combiming the armors, I will with the fencing sabre, with rs the attack is 139 compared to the zantetsuken at 104. Considering it seems like a ton of the bosses require wakka in he party, this seems like it would have been a good opportunity to throw a bone his way weapon wise, but I guess it will be killer bow for yet another event with him. I am going to waste so so much exp with he and tidus required to be in the party.
Yeah I read through it today and was really disappointed that they gave the same items as the last FFX event.
The event looks even harder than the previous FFX event, but the rewards are arguably worse.

I'm in it pretty much just for Yuna, and to get some Mythril for some eventual pulls on Lightning's banner.

I completed the Cecil event, didn't master but I don't really feel like 1 orb and 2 growth orbs are really worth doing it again. Glad to have time to farm up orbs/do elites before the next event drops.

Uggg, the Summon Orb drop rate on Scarmiglione has been non-existent for me. I gave up and just went to farm the daily instead. Tuesday daily seems like the most important one anyways.

From those levels everyone else is going to die faster. Is he in the back row?

Well I can use Growth Eggs to bump up someones level, more asking from a longer term perspective if I should be using someone else.

He's in the front row because I don't have many ranged options

So I could use some help. I'm finding that Wakka dies more often than anybody else, is there a better option I should be using?

Current Party :

Tyro (lvl 37)
Sephiroth (38)
Rydia (39)
Cloud (41)
Wakka (39)

My options are :

• Snow (10)
  • Fran (10)
  • Balthier (17)
  • Tidus (1)
  • Red 13 (1)
  • Cyan (16)
  • Kain (23)
  • Cecil (1)
  • Dark Knight Cecil (1)
  • Josef (10)

Dump your eggs into tidus, he is required for a number of the boss battles for mastery in the upcoming event.
also, get the killer bow for wakka from one of the paintings, it is a reward and very useful. You don't have a healing option other than tyro? Ouch.

Edit: plus tidus has one of he better natural soul breaks.

eastx

I've just done 2 11-Relic Pulls from the FFIV banner. First pull was a bust (though I did get to combine a couple of 4x items), but it was just a Mithril pulls. The second, paid pull got me a single 5-star item. I really wanted some good FFIV gear so I'm glad I at least got that armor, but a weapon would've been much nicer.

Is the Dark Cannon Soul Break (Heavily damage one target and the user) any good?

I pulled my first 3* from the free relic pull. Maybe I should try my luck with an 11 pull...

I'm glad the new event hasn't popped yet. I've had time to bump my stamina up to 95. I'm hoping I'll have enough time to get to 100.

Dump your eggs into tidus, he is required for a number of the boss battles for mastery in the upcoming event.
also, get the killer bow for wakka from one of the paintings, it is a reward and very useful. You don't have a healing option other than tyro? Ouch.

Edit: plus tidus has one of he better natural soul breaks.

That helps, Thanks. And yeah, kind of short on the Mage department. Luckily I'm still early and have been able to Auto most stages (aside from bosses) to death.

Nohar

I'm avoiding farming for anyone's RM: chances to drop are very low, and I'd rather complete elite paintings and/or run the daily dungeon (and when the daily dungeon can also unlock the RM, like Dark Cecil's in today's dungeon, it is a plus, though mine didn't get his materia so far).

Why not wait for the next FFIX event, then use the 3-stamina battles there? That's probably what I'll do for any that don't have cheap classic dungeons. FFII possibly notwithstanding, since we probably aren't getting an event for them for a while.

Why not wait for the next FFIX event, then use the 3-stamina battles there? That's probably what I'll do for any that don't have cheap classic dungeons. FFII possibly notwithstanding, since we probably aren't getting an event for them for a while.

FFII has at least one daily, and I think IX does as well.

johnsmith

remember me
Yuna will be the best healer/summoner in the game, imo. The stat differences between her and Garnet are miniscule, but Yuna has better skills. Though Garnet's default SB is decent, while Yuna's is pure trash.

They really need to hurry up and give us Memory Crystals for the rest of the healers though.

MicH

Nice. Gives me just enough time to farm the gil daily all day. I have less than 5000 gil at the moment - honing abilities is expensive!

Falk

that puzzling face
Yuna will be the best healer/summoner in the game, imo. The stat differences between her and Garnet are miniscule, but Yuna has better skills. Though Garnet's default SB is decent, while Yuna's is pure trash.

They really need to hurry up and give us Memory Crystals for the rest of the healers though.

Paladin Cecil already has his memory crystal.

You know what must be done.

It's unfortunate but what can we do.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom