• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nohar

That's assuming we get the same rewards as Japan. Did we data-mined (is that possible?) the global version of the event?

Falk

that puzzling face
Maybe it was a test run. First EX+, would be hilarious if the rewards were too good but the EX+ was too hard then everyone quits.

Finally got it! Don't give up Ashodin!

XYEaqeXl.jpg

aett

I've been playing this game since day one (of the US version), and am still enjoying it. Most days I just log in for the materia and relic drop, but I play through most of each event and I recruit every character that comes along.

My problem is that the hardest Elite stages, as well as all of the Heroic dailies, completely slaughter my party. Like, single attacks that do 80% or more of a character's HP, to say nothing of the most powerful party-wide attacks. I didn't mind at first, since I was still building up my party, and like I said: I have been able to complete all "standard" stages and most Elites.

But now, I actually have a couple of character-specific 5-star weapons, a few more non-character 5-stars (both natural and from combining), my main party (except Lenna) has all broken past level 50... although after that point, the levels have been coming very slowly. Even some of the harder standard levels from the last set of stages have been hurting my party a lot more than usual.

Basically what I'm asking is: are there any good ability strategies I should be taking advantage of, or do I just need to spend a lot of time grinding for levels and 4-star ability crafting items?

Pejo

It's insane how much easier these elites become when you take a defense-first mindset into the dungeon, with lots of hones on your skills. I use pally Cecil for sentinel, got my free protect every round thanks to WHM2 materia, and magic/power breaks on a hasted character.

I'm using a team right now that's not even my best team by far, no character SB relics, but i'm not even losing a single star on the 80+ difficulty dungeons. I think watching the hell difficulty JP videos have really helped me change my mindset on how to go through this game. Previously I was trying to blitz everything by piling on as much offense as possible and unloading before I died.

Also, I really underestimated taking an entire tuesday to farm power/black orbs. I can see the difference immediately. I'll be following suit for at least the next 2 tuesdays to get more hones.

SougoXIII

I've been playing this game since day one (of the US version), and am still enjoying it. Most days I just log in for the materia and relic drop, but I play through most of each event and I recruit every character that comes along.

My problem is that the hardest Elite stages, as well as all of the Heroic dailies, completely slaughter my party. Like, single attacks that do 80% or more of a character's HP, to say nothing of the most powerful party-wide attacks. I didn't mind at first, since I was still building up my party, and like I said: I have been able to complete all "standard" stages and most Elites.

But now, I actually have a couple of character-specific 5-star weapons, a few more non-character 5-stars (both natural and from combining), my main party (except Lenna) has all broken past level 50... although after that point, the levels have been coming very slowly. Even some of the harder standard levels from the last set of stages have been hurting my party a lot more than usual.

Basically what I'm asking is: are there any good ability strategies I should be taking advantage of, or do I just need to spend a lot of time grinding for levels and 4-star ability crafting items?

As the game ramp up, it's only really going to be about mitigation. Bosses will outright do 4.5k to everyone if you don't have protect/shell/Sentiel Grimore/Breaks up on them. If you have 5* weapons then life should be much easier for you (depends on what you got ofc). A 5* swords can be use for Retaliate abuse to get you through the heroic dailies.

For the later Elites, you're going to need to hone your abilities for the later ff6/ff7 ones since they have 200k+ Hp and ofc hit like a truck as well

Xetherion

Craft Protectga, put it on Garnet with WM's materia II, use it at the start of each stage. Helps immensely to mitigate dmg.

This one is more situational as some places have a lot of Earth immune enemies, but also craft Quake and hone it once if you can, and put it on Vivi with BM's materia II. Clears all enemies as long as none are immune, even in Heroics.

Bladeblitz is another useful 4* ability, though unless you have a 5* weapon (actual 5*, not a 3*++ fake 5*) with RS it won't be able to OHKO enemies in Heroics. Even if you do, you'll probably still need to Boost the weapon user to OHKO some enemies, and a few enemies still won't be OHKO by it.

Also Retaliate meta is a thing. Put your strongest weapon on Retaliate user, Boost them, have your other party members attack the Retaliator and they will Counterattack the enemy. Double Cut will give 2 Counterattacks, and if you plan it so the 1st Counterattack off a Double Cut kills the last enemy of the round, the 2nd Counterattack will carry over to the next round and go off as soon as the round begins. If you can get your Retaliator's dmg high enough to OHKO enemies, this helps mitigate dmg as well since one of the enemies dies right at the start of the round.

aett

Thanks, guys! Looks like I need to farm a ton of 4* Earth orbs so I can craft/hone Protectga and hone Quake.

What's the best way to level up a new character apart from using eggs? I really want those WH/BM record materia.

MicH

Really excited for the Yuna event. Too bad my Tidus is already at level 65, but that should make the harder battles a but easier.

I really want Yuna's rod. My only good rods are a 4*++ Gravity Rod and a 3*/4*+ or ++ (can't remember) Empyreon Rod

Falk

that puzzling face
EX+ mastery is going to be quite the trick.

It basically boils down to if you can burn Anima fast enough for the condition. If you do, there's a 3 star leeway between actions taken and damage taken. The alternative is (obviously) losing 3 stars for the Anima condition but getting all stars on the rest including Actions and Damage taken.

Damage probably is easy, since Carbuncle and Runic take care of all incoming damage. Rationing out actions on the other hand might be a trick. I can sorta see Phase 1 and Phase 3 being Runic on your best magic damage with Quake and a -ja spell, to AOE and then single-target burn respectively.

Balphon

Still haven't used Cousin Vito. Got the 2nd RM for Josef within 3 battles. Is it good? Dose it work with retaliate ?

It will cause two retaliate counters when attacking a retaliating character if that's what you mean. It won't do anything to the counters themselves, so don't equip it on your retaliate guy.

I haven't found much use for it myself. I'd favor Blitz Eye over it for the faster attack speed.

Has anyone even figured out how to get emails/newsletters from DeNA? I love how every other game I play can't wait to email me spam, but when it comes to a game I actually WANT emails from, it's near impossible.

hamchan

For some reason I got a notification "gems added" and now I have 1000 gems in my wallet. If it's a free gift then thank you I guess.

I had this moment tonight as I was doing the FFXII classic dungeons from like 2 dungeon updates ago as I broke level cap on Squall, Irvine, and Tyro finally that I have no idea what I'm doing or working towards anymore. At any point I have

-Quest to do which involve either grinding for orbs or grinding levels
-Taking cap broken characters to their worlds to unlock their 2nd RM (don't have any yet)
-Classic dungeons to unlock non event characters and open elites
-Elite dungeons dating back to the launch I haven't finished
-Weekly events to unlock characters that I keep blitzing to get everyone
-Actual creation of higher level skills instead of relying on the same skills that carried me though launch but no idea what to make or what to save to not waste remaking due to quests
-Actually doing mythril draws as I now have 175 and was saving for the Lightning event because someone said her weapon was amazing but who knows when it's happening and I'm starting to feel my lack of 3-5 star gear is hurting me for RS

I'm getting to the point with Record Keeper that I get with open world games where there is so much I could or need to do that I don't want to do anything and I eventually drop the game.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I had this moment tonight as I was doing the FFXII classic dungeons from like 2 dungeon updates ago as I broke level cap on Squall, Irvine, and Tyro finally that I have no idea what I'm doing or working towards anymore. At any point I have

-Quest to do which involve either grinding for orbs or grinding levels
-Taking cap broken characters to their worlds to unlock their 2nd RM (don't have any yet)
-Classic dungeons to unlock non event characters and open elites
-Elite dungeons dating back to the launch I haven't finished
-Weekly events to unlock characters that I keep blitzing to get everyone
-Actual creation of higher level skills instead of relying on the same skills that carried me though launch but no idea what to make or what to save to not waste remaking due to quests
-Actually doing mythril draws as I now have 175 and was saving for the Lightning event because someone said her weapon was amazing but who knows when it's happening and I'm starting to feel my lack of 3-5 star gear is hurting me for RS

I'm getting to the point with Record Keeper that I get with open world games where there is so much I could or need to do that I don't want to do anything and I eventually drop the game.

This is kinda where I am. I've got a handful of elites that are all above my level left. Events are coming pretty quickly, so I finish them all on classic and then finish the first 3/4s or so on elite and kinda stop, I've got maybe 1/4 of my characters at the level cap and the rest I just kinda fill the bars as I get more growth eggs, I've got a bunch of high level skills but most aren't too refined and I'm not engaged enough to grind to really refine them. I've got maybe 90-95 quests done and most of the rest would require me to grind specifically, many to refine spells I already have at l4 or l5 from early. I've got a bunch of 4* and 5* gear, most of it milquetoast, so I feel like I can't quite do the super-elite content where I'd benefit from great gear, but my inventory is full and it's all at the level cap so I don't have any real upgrading to do.

Mostly my strategy at this point is to just play once or twice a day. If I fall a little bit more behind that's OK. I've finally got a couple of -aja spells now so I guess I'm making some progress.

MicH

Did 12 pulls. Nine 3* (sooo many I can combine!), two 4* and one 5*: Heat Lance. It's not Yuna's rod, but I'm pretty darn happy

Did a 100 gem pull and got a Monk Robe. Finally got a 5* from it after doing all of them. I'm riding a 3 5* relic draw streak but now. RNG is finally on my side.

Falk

that puzzling face
No 5* 11 pull \o/

It's like a routine at this point!

p.s. I hope by now you guys are using this one weird trick Falk uses to save minutes from home (people with too much free time hate him)

With regards to the chaff stages in all the events:

- Figure out who has the highest speed stat (almost always will be Tidus)
- Give that guy Zealot
- Set battle speed to 5
- Wait till that guy (Tidus') ATB bar fills up
- toggle autobattle really quickly
- Since that guy (Tidus) has the highest speed stat his attack will go off first even though all the bars start filling at the same time
+ Only one attack animation to clear wave
+ Monster loot animation only plays once per battle
+ Less time spent swapping to Zealot character

Road

^ Give me your ball, I'll take it.

6 pulls, no 5*. Got some 3* Flame Rod, which given my poor rod situation might actually be better than the Light Rod for bosses weak to fire, but I would have preferred Yuna's Magistral Rod. Everything else is meh.

Never doing three-pulls ever again. =P Time to get Tidus' 2nd RM. EDIT: Got.

Hey hey hey, 100 gem 5*......... Betrayal sword viii. Not terrible, a natural five in a realm with limited rs, ok ok, we can work with that.

3 pull. Crystal helm vi, great now to 4+, crystal shield vi to 4+ eh, and a 4* IV dagger I hadn't seen, time to dump kunai

Balphon

No 5* 11 pull \o/

It's like a routine at this point!

p.s. I hope by now you guys are using this one weird trick Falk uses to save minutes from home (people with too much free time hate him)

With regards to the chaff stages in all the events:

- Figure out who has the highest speed stat (almost always will be Tidus)
- Give that guy Zealot
- Set battle speed to 5
- Wait till that guy (Tidus') ATB bar fills up
- toggle autobattle really quickly
- Since that guy (Tidus) has the highest speed stat his attack will go off first even though all the bars start filling at the same time
+ Only one attack animation to clear wave
+ Monster loot animation only plays once per battle
+ Less time spent swapping to Zealot character

I find it easier to just send one guy with synergy gear and put him on Auto. The last few events haven't required anything else until you're more than halfway through the elites.

Falk

that puzzling face
I find it easier to just send one guy with synergy gear and put him on Auto. The last few events haven't required anything else until you're more than halfway through the elites.

party menu takes time :(

edit: wait no, party save feature

we're all saved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom