• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyrick

Hmm new event, I have very very little FFX gear I should burn some Mithril

RtJcuA0.png

well thanks for nothing... I guess. I don't like FFX anyway :(

Shadow780

Worth pulling for the Staff for MAG if I already got 2 judgement staff? Is there MAG focus rod coming later on?

My highest MAG rod is +70 right now.

Balphon

I'm not sure if Yuna's default SB is worse than Terra's or Rinoa's, but it's close.

Weird since all of the other WHM/SMN so far have had relatively useful default SBs.

Worth pulling for the Staff for MAG if I already got 2 judgement staff? Is there MAG focus rod coming later on?

My highest MAG rod is +70 right now.
The next event should be Quistis and Selphie and it's great for mage gear. It has Quis's Whip and Sel's Nunchucks that are somehow Rods.

I beat Storm Dragon elite!!

Only to realise I didn't bring Cyan so I missed out on mastery! I would have, if I just remembered to bring that mustached samurai. :(

Wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be. Had Celes and Garnet casting Protega, Magic Shield and Sentinel's Grimoire RW to mitigate, Tidus (Cyan when I attempt this next) to power and magic break, Vivi on Thundaja and Cloud on Thundara Strike.

Wazzy

Banned
I just saw that promotion thing everyone thought was a scam and turned out to be legit and now I'm annoyed. Ugh I wish it was more obvious.

Is it worth it to craft Shiva and Ifrit summons?
I have some summon orbs lying around.
What are the good summons to craft?
I also have Gaia vest from one of the painting. Should I upgrade it?
I basically don't use any summon. I was weak enough so I couldn't get Valefor and Leviathan from the previous events.

I just saw that promotion thing everyone thought was a scam and turned out to be legit and now I'm annoyed. Ugh I wish it was more obvious.
Did you actually get the email?

I didn't personally, but I don't blame people for thinking it was shady. It looked really unprofessional.

Wazzy

Banned
Did you actually get the email?

I didn't personally, but I don't blame people for thinking it was shady. It looked really unprofessional.
I didn't receive it but I saw the talk about it when people first got one.

It's a pretty horribly done promotion made even worse for people who received the email but didn't do it. :(

I didn't receive it but I saw the talk about it when people first got one.

It's a pretty horribly done promotion made even worse for people who received the email but didn't do it. :(
Yeah, I'd be pretty annoyed if I got the promotion but ignored it due to how janky it looked.

I do know that their email system is pretty archaic though. When I had to contact them before about an issue, it was extremely annoying and took forever. (With no actual resolution either.)

Falk

that puzzling face
Finally getting Diara and unloading all those 3* Wind and White Orbs to hone it right to r5 feels like finally letting go after days of constipation.

(in this case, r5 is justified because nothing else to use them orbs on, and also it's the rare ability that can hit 12 uses, which makes Ether restore 3 charges)

Negator

Diara was such a godsend. I was getting a lot of use out of Dia but it just needed a bigger punch.

Getting that and Yuna's crystal at the same time was pretty baller.

Falk

that puzzling face
Why does this event give 4 Crusader Mask and only 2 Crusader Cuirass?

or did I mess up spectacularly

MicH

I got so excited about Diara that I completely forgot it was a reward for this event and crafted it. Ah well, it was pretty cheap to craft so I'm okay with it. And man, this event gives out sooo many 3* orbs! 32 Fire orbs? 32 Black orbs?! My god yes!

I also finally managed to get Wakka's RM2! First battle I used him in during this event too!

Falk

that puzzling face
Does it really matter? A magic weapon is a magic weapon. It's not like you're going to be forced to use 4 rod users in your 4-mage lineup.

And a 5* staff is still going to make Diaga hurt, which is part of a mage lineup (since it's affected by the same RES debuffs)

Pejo

So I was cruising through the classic Yuna event dungeons with my absolute trash tier team, of level 5-30s, and into the elites when all of a sudden one of those flamethrower guys lambasted my team. Looks like I need to put Tidus and Wakka in anyways for requirements.

I did the 99c banner pull last night, got nada, not gonna drop another mythril on this one.

Speaking of the next banner, is Quistis good in this game? Does anyone know what skills/equipment she can use? She's the only character I liked from FFVIII, so I'd love to use her if she's decent, plus I got a 4++ whip that needs a user (sorry Rydia).

FYI, getting stoned by say the vault boss does not count as ko for the medal count. I got stoned one hit before killing the elite and was sweating having to redo the whole thing, since that would be 4 medals lost for a ko.

Only have the final elite before having all the boss levels finished. I save the non boss levels for last so I can dump tidus and wakka from the party and save relatively easy battles for when I can't pay that close attention, or at night due to exhaustion.

Diara was hitting around 52-5300 for me, firaja for around 6300, so when the sentinel friend was active I let myself take some damage and fired off I believe 5 shots of Diara, really sped things up.

Nohar

Well, let's take a look at Quistis (level 50 stats):
  • HP: 3015
  • ATT: 77
  • DEF: 58
  • MAG: 107
  • RES: 91
  • MIND: 78
  • SPD: 118
  • Abilities: 4★ Black Magic, 2★ White Magic, 4★ Support
  • Equipment: Dagger, Rod, Staff, Whip, Hat, Light Armor, Robe, Bracer, Accessory
Quistis seems to be a jack-of-all-trades at first glance... and a bad one at that. While she has access to 4★ BM, which is fine, we have countless other BM users who are better than her, including Rinoa from the same FF realm (who has a better INT stat than her). She isn't a good healer, being restricted to 2★ WM. She can be a decent Support ability user, if it wasn't for the small problem that she is very squishy (58 DEF) and should never be on the front row. She can use whips, weapons that are already quite rare and which aren't that great to begin with (as far as I know, they don't deal full damage from the back row, but if I'm wrong please correct me).

My opinion? She isn't worth the effort, and doesn't bring anything that another character can't do better than her.
You want a Black Mage? Take Vivi, Rinoa or Terra.
You want a Support ability user? Tidus (front row) and Wakka (back row) are available and have better stats than her. Her measly 77 in Attack prevents her from being a decent physical damage dealer.
You want a White Mage? Countless better options.

She may become better once DeNa adds Blue Magic to the game (and it is guaranteed she will get access to it). But for now? Don't bother, she is bench material.

Pejo

Well, let's take a look at Quistis (level 50 stats):
  • HP: 3015
  • ATT: 77
  • DEF: 58
  • MAG: 107
  • RES: 91
  • MIND: 78
  • SPD: 118
  • Abilities: 4★ Black Magic, 2★ White Magic, 4★ Support
  • Equipment: Dagger, Rod, Staff, Whip, Hat, Light Armor, Robe, Bracer, Accessory
Quistis seems to be a jack-of-all-trades at first glance... and a bad one at that. While she has access to 4★ BM, which is fine, we have countless other BM users who are better than her, including Rinoa from the same FF realm (who has a better INT stat than her). She isn't a good healer, being restricted to 2★ WM. She can be a decent Support ability user, if it wasn't for the small problem that she is very squishy (58 DEF) and should never be on the front row. She can use whips, weapons that are already quite rare and which aren't that great to begin with (as far as I know, they don't deal full damage from the back row, but if I'm wrong please correct me).

My opinion? She isn't worth the effort, and doesn't bring anything that another character can't do better than her.
You want a Black Mage? Take Vivi, Rinoa or Terra.
You want a Support ability user? Tidus (front row) and Wakka (back row) are available and have better stats than her. Her measly 77 in Attack prevents her from being a decent physical damage dealer.
You want a White Mage? Countless better options.

She may become better once DeNa adds Blue Magic to the game (and it is guaranteed she will get access to it). But for now? Don't bother, she is bench material.

Great write-up, thanks! Kinda sad she sucks, but at least now I can start stockpiling some mythril for a pull that I really want.

Highbridge elite- highly recommend taking r2-3 quake to sort out the trash mobs. 11 rounds of trash that can hit with a ton of aoe attacks, need to eliminate a round or two per battle quickly.

Edit: if you can't get a runic rw, sentinel grimoire reduces damage to the hundreds for the boss's attacks. Seymour elite is far far easier than jenova and norg.

This is kinda where I am. I've got a handful of elites that are all above my level left. Events are coming pretty quickly, so I finish them all on classic and then finish the first 3/4s or so on elite and kinda stop, I've got maybe 1/4 of my characters at the level cap and the rest I just kinda fill the bars as I get more growth eggs, I've got a bunch of high level skills but most aren't too refined and I'm not engaged enough to grind to really refine them. I've got maybe 90-95 quests done and most of the rest would require me to grind specifically, many to refine spells I already have at l4 or l5 from early. I've got a bunch of 4* and 5* gear, most of it milquetoast, so I feel like I can't quite do the super-elite content where I'd benefit from great gear, but my inventory is full and it's all at the level cap so I don't have any real upgrading to do.

Mostly my strategy at this point is to just play once or twice a day. If I fall a little bit more behind that's OK. I've finally got a couple of -aja spells now so I guess I'm making some progress.

Thirded.

This is exactly my situation.

- I have around 100 Stamina, a backlog of Classic (FF9, FF12) and Elite (FF8, FF9, FF12) dungeons
- some 5* weapons and armors, some -ja spells which help tremendously and I can hone them to R2 but waiting
- whole team of LVL52-54 people
- tons of Mythril (240) that I do not feel the need to spend on 11 pulls because... why?
- millions of Growth Eggs (never used a single one but I guess I will for Black Mage and the Zealot RM dude)
- tons of PCs at LVL1 because why use them? why level them? (most of RM is garbage)
- 103 quests done

IMO, the biggest problem right now is the lack of Stamina for me. I could of course spend 50 Mythril for 50 Stamina refreshes and probably clear all backlog Classic & Elite dungeons but the problem is I do not know how many more dungeons will be introduced in the future. 100? 150? If there would be all dungeons available right now I would not hesitate and spend even 100 Mythril for clearing them ASAP and getting the various rewards like Greater Orbs and Upgrade Mats.

Oh well maybe I will do it. Waiting 4 hours for a refresh is bullshit especially since I miss like 2 full refreshes during the night and 2 full refreshes while being in work.

I had a "process" of clearing 2 Elites and 1 Classic for 2+2+1 Stamina Shards but now 99% of Elites give you 1 Stamina Shard which is major bullshit :<

Bah, I am not a power gamer like Falk/ Wazzy. I enjoy the game tremendously even when Elites are kicking my ass but because it is "unfinished" at the moment I cannot sacrifice myself fully for this game like I do with normal SP Final Fantasy games.

I never played MMOs in my life and this game IMO has something from the MMOs that I dread - an unfinished state. I cannot commit to an unfinished title, I need to know the full scope before it. It is really, really bugging me.

/rant over

Is it true that they stopped giving Mythril every day in Japan?

XJF

Everyone is hating on Yuna and her staff, but I'm loving it. Maybe because it's the only decent staff/rod my team has.

Now, do I continue event (half-way through elites) or do I farm daily to hone Diara more since I only have it R2 right now... hmmmm

Btw, anyone see the guy on Reddit that pulled 3 Magistral Rods from same 11-pull? That's fucking SAVAGE!

eastx

I notice the common strategy for the EX+ boss battle in the Marriage of Convenience event is to use the Carbuncle summon. Unfortunately, I don't have that summon and I lack the 5 Greater Holy orbs needed to craft it (spent them all getting Curaja to 6 uses a few days ago).

Do I need to stop and grind for orbs, or is there an alternate strategy that might work? Also, where's the most reliable place to get Greater Holy Orbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom