• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road

Am I just the unluckiest guy in the world when it comes to Lightning orbs and Wednesday's daily? Week after week there is way more Wind orbs. Last 2 battles, 10 winds and 2 lightnings... Always like that. I know that RNG gonna RNG but damn...

You're not alone. Today has been the most even (63 wind vs. 53 lightning so far), but ever since I started counting I've gotten 235 wind vs. 172 lightning. And it's just "bad luck" because ffrk inspector has 1493 wind vs. 1508 lightning logged. Somewhere there are some incredibly happy people getting way more lightning than wind to compensate for us.

I haven't started the event. Doing just daily yesterday and today.

Falk

that puzzling face
My money's on dungeons again next.

And health bars

And ability decombobulation and orb combines.

I'm reaching, aren't I?

Nohar

wow, i just loaded up FFRK on galaxy s3, and it runs so much better than on my LG G3.

what da fuk

Welcome to the club. I still don't understand why they didn't take the time to optimize the game yet, since it is by far the biggest default.

wow, i just loaded up FFRK on galaxy s3, and it runs so much better than on my LG G3.

what da fuk

I updated my Galaxy S4 to Lollipop recently and the game runs much worse than it did before the update. Before I upgraded I didn't really have any issues at all with the game; even mentioned that in this thread early on when people were discussing performance. Now it's really slow and laggy in the menus.

There's an update on my phone for the Android WebView or whatever and after I installed that, the game ran even shittier! I uninstalled that update and now I'm back to running like shit x1 instead of x2.

They really do need to do some optimizing.

Vorpal

Caught up on all of the events! Gonna try farming Josef's RM2 again and continue slowly working through elites. Still trying to decide the best way to spend those sweet, sweet orb rewards from the Battle Arena.

I updated my Galaxy S4 to Lollipop recently and the game runs much worse than it did before the update.

They really do need to do some optimizing.

Strangely, updating to Lollipop on an S5 made the game run better for me. I don't envy the work cut out for mobile developers who have to optimize something for so many different phones/OS's but FFRK has been especially weird with how hit-or-miss it is.

I will be done with the Tifa event in 2 hours. Then I'm gonna run Red Mage through Vector Streets to get him leveled up... I have his memory crystal and I want to get it out of the way.
Kimahri, Gladiator and Ricard next and I'll have all my characters either at lvl 50 or on their way to 65!

ok I just got really insanely lucky

my 100 gem pull:

aHWXemOl.png

don't hurt me

Got the same thing with my 15 mythril pull. Tifa's special is fucking awesome.

Nohar

Well, both boss rushes were actually rather easy. However, the EX++ fights are another story altogether. I am not looking forward to them.

Azusa

I have cleared most of "A Fateful Coin Toss" event but these ~200k HP bosses are impossible. How can I clear them? Any tips?

I have tried yuna + black mage + cloud retaliate together with edgar and sabin. Everyone 50+lvl and cloud 60+. My team dies at boss. I have tried to use magic\power\armour breaks too.

Well, both boss rushes were actually rather easy. However, the EX++ fights are another story altogether. I am not looking forward to them.
Yeah, only allowed to lose two medals and they have insane amounts of HP.

Maybe they'll add extra stipulations to our version to give us more medals to play with because that's crazy tight.

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, people are just gonna Luneth RW the physical boss anyway.

Magic boss on the other hand is basically being able to zerg him before you lose two damage taken medals. (It's virtually impossible to kill him in 30 actions for 0 actions lost)

Well, people are just gonna Luneth RW the physical boss anyway.

Magic boss on the other hand is basically being able to zerg him before you lose two damage taken medals. (It's virtually impossible to kill him in 30 actions for 0 actions lost)

Is it always 30 actions per medal for bosses?

Falk

that puzzling face
Not sure actually. This was from specifically discussions w.r.t. Proud Clod.

But yeah, considering you need to 'waste' actions on Breakdowns that do zilch for damage, 30 actions is absurd. I mean my no-healer Blue Dragon zergs with 3 people hitting for 9.5k (thanks Lightning vulnerability) STILL take ~40 actions, and that's similar HP values to Proud Clod.

I'm thinking a similar no-healer zerg with Sentinel Grimoire and a Kirin to top up is the only way to do this. I'm consistently able to hit 2 medals lost on Blue Dragon with Sentinel Grimoire, and that's with lugging Edgar/Sabin along.

greyshark

I have cleared most of "A Fateful Coin Toss" event but these ~200k HP bosses are impossible. How can I clear them? Any tips?

I have tried yuna + black mage + cloud retaliate together with edgar and sabin. Everyone 50+lvl and cloud 60+. My team dies at boss. I have tried to use magic\power\armour breaks too.

Which boss are you having trouble with? Ultima Weapon can be paralyzed - really helps avoid his damaging AoE's.

So I'm finally at the start of dungeon update 6 (roll on dungeon update 7) with elite all done up to dungeon update 3. Had a silly time against elite lost number. I thought you could paralyze it to prevent the form change happening...nope so I ended up getting it into physical form. Made for a long, long second half (I was doing around 2500 with the power of Luneth RW, no boost though as the party I bought didn't have room for it).

I should probably do more of the battle arena sometime...

Cyan memory crystal get!
It's a boss rush. Without ethers. With trash mobs. If all the bosses were practically the same.

Razmos

I find it refreshingly helpful that the mage side of the Tifa event seems to have a higher than usual drop rate of ethers to compensate for the higher amount of magic needed.

$1 dollar

CRYSTAL GLOVE GET WOO!

So whats better level 65 tifa with crystal glove for vanille with deprotectega for my friend summon?

Naturally the 2 5 star weapons I get are for characters I don't really like <___<

Falk

that puzzling face
$1 dollar

CRYSTAL GLOVE GET WOO!

So whats better level 65 tifa with crystal glove for vanille with deprotectega for my friend summon?

Naturally the 2 5 star weapons I get are for characters I don't really like <___<

Vanille for Sundays and Tuesdays.

I soooo badly need some synergy sword from VII other than my Mythril Saber+ but I can't justify pulling on Tifa's banner for a chance at Butterfly Edge knowing that the Aerith's banner is coming... My damage on Cloud lvl 65 with that sword + RS + Boost + Armor Breakdown is still pitiful... Is there a sword like Butterfly Edge again in Aerith's banner? Hell I'd be already happy pulling a Myhtril Saber during Lightning's banner to make it at least ++.

Looks like 200 Mythrils could be obtained through the "Invite a friend" campaign in Japan. 50 Mythrils a month until they took it down. I wonder how it works, Bluestack abuse by friending yourself on and on?

HP bars, remove all, SB mastery, hell yeah! Super excited for those improvements. How much sooner are we getting these things than Japan did?

Now if they'd just work on the android performance...

One step at a time I guess. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom