• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like my characters are just so shitty at this point. I tried heroic in the Edgar route and got totally waxed by the boss. All my characters were 50-52 and rocking 5* FF6 gear.

Doing the bonus quests when you already have the character should give you more than one 4* egg. I know they're trying to replicate the rewards from events, but these quests generally cost much more stamina and don't offer anything else generally.

Another bummer about the maintenance being on Sunday is that if I wake up to pee before 3:00 AM, I can't sneak a round or two of EXP Dungeon in.

I know I'm not the only one that has done this.

Road

I feel alone not liking the new interface! I like the info it displays but not the art/layout.

I don't like it either. It looks way more clumsy than what we have, form over function. I'll take the simple battle selection screen withe blue rectangles any time of the day. In fact, I wish they'd make the dungeon selection just like that as well -- the whole painting thing just gets in the way of knowing what you have finished or not. My hope is they can make it fluid and fast, unlike what we have now (but I know they won't).

Anyway, "remove all" button, yay.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm Nostradamus.

ok maybe I cheated a little

p.s. people probably don't really realize yet what a big game changer learning Soul Breaks is. Although it does require you to be lucky with gacha which is a little :(

I'm Nostradamus.

ok maybe I cheated a little

p.s. people probably don't really realize yet what a big game changer learning Soul Breaks is. Although it does require you to be lucky with gacha which is a little :(

So far I haven't really cared much about getting specific gear and SB's but after this change comes, I know I'm going to want them all! :(

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, lemme give an example:

- Rinoa learns 3x Lightning element Soul Break
- Rinoa equips 4* (or higher) FFVI rod
- Rinoa destroys Blue Dragon even harder from the higher MAG.

The SBs that benefit the most from this are multi-hitters (especially elemental) and support stuff like Deprotega, Sazh's, etc.

Vorpal

Yeah, lemme give an example:

- Rinoa learns 3x Lightning element Soul Break
- Rinoa equips 4* (or higher) FFVI rod
- Rinoa destroys Blue Dragon even harder from the higher MAG.

The SBs that benefit the most from this are multi-hitters (especially elemental) and support stuff like Deprotega, Sazh's, etc.

So basically the only requirement for someone to potentially learn a SB is whether they're able to equip the gear at all? And non-character SBs like the Mystery Veil don't get learned. Is that right?

Falk

that puzzling face
Only unique SBs can be learned. Used Rinoa as an example because of Valkyrie. Essentially you get to use Valkyrie SB with FFVI synergy weapon, for example, to further take advantage of the fact that 3 attacks breaks the 9999 limit.

edit: I'm actually wondering how many people are going to be OCD enough to swap their Roaming Warrior's gear around for flavor-of-the-month event synergy, or if that's even possible. Heh.

Razmos

Yeah the only 2 unique soul breaks I have are Rinoa's Valkyrie and Locke's Rising Sun.

Locke probably won't ever use a different weapon, but I can see myself giving Rinoa a 5* synergy rod and having a more powerful Angel Wing Bolt.

Of course for that though I'd need a 5* rod, of which I have none, and Rinoa's memory crystal.

eastx

I'm stuck on the second boss of the FFVI boss rush, Vargas. He just keeps Gale Cutting my party to death. I've tried blinding the bears with Sephiroth's RW, casting Shell on everyone... He still kills the group no matter what I do.

Can anything be done to make the fight easier, or is it just a matter of hoping Vargas doesn't use Gale Cut too much?

Balphon

I'm stuck on the second boss of the FFVI boss rush, Vargas. He just keeps Gale Cutting my party to death. I've tried blinding the bears with Sephiroth's RW, casting Shell on everyone... He still kills the group no matter what I do.

Can anything be done to make the fight easier, or is it just a matter of hoping Vargas doesn't use Gale Cut too much?

Gale Cut is physical, so you want protect, not shell. But apart from that, no. You just have to burn the bears down faster so you can hit Vargas with power break.

Ultima and Ultros have even stronger AoEs, though theirs are magic and you have the benefit of their not being behind a wall of bears.

eastx

Gale Cut is physical, so you want protect, not shell. But apart from that, no. You just have to burn the bears down faster so you can hit Vargas with power break.

Ultima and Ultros have even stronger AoEs, though theirs are magic and you have the benefit of their not being behind a wall of bears.

Thanks Balphon. That at least saved me from wasting turns on the Soul Break that casts Shell. Had to burn way too many abilities to do it, but I blinded and then killed off the bears, and kept reducing Vargas' attack, which helped the 2 remaining times he got to use Gale Cut. Beat him with 1 medal lost to Actions Taken and 2 lost to Damage Taken. Still eked by to Champion for that fight!

Shadow780

Tifa event done! So much easier than VI, which I still need to do Boss Rush.

Can't wait til Sat so I can grind some gil to hone my -ra Strikes.

ZOMG HP BAR AND REMOVE ALL

Nohar

FFIV Elite paintings are tough, especially because the trash is really a pain to kill (and they love to AoE). Because of it I wasn't able to get mastery on Bahamut's painting (the king of Espers turned out to be one hell of a HP punching-bag - even with Badvancetaliate).

I think I'll try to get the last remaining stamina shard and forget about those elite paintings for the time being.

You guys! The QoL updates! It's like they came to GAF and read your comments. I'm so happy we're getting these changes, especially the remove all button and auto-battle!

Getting all of this is one blast gives me hope that we won't be waiting too long for that yummy interface swap.

CKuNZwxUsAAuCtz.png

Holy shit, I had no idea this existed. This is beautiful!

Nohar

Leveling every other character besides Squall (who is rather good)?... Yeah, there is no nothing rational in your actions, since I remember that you wanted to shun Cloud solely because you couldn't stand his character. I guess there is nothing to argue.

In the last ten days or so I've pulled one two star and three three stars from the relic pull. All basically junk for me, a gold hairpin when I have a maxed one but I could combine both my 3 star ice shield and flame armor to 3+, so that is better than the hairband bronze shield garbage I usually get. The armor resistance to elements is an area that ffrk is really underdeveloped, unfortunately.

I suppose I'll run the blue dragon repeatedly today. I tried to harvest the Mage run a bit, since the first two bosses are so simple but all I got was a bunch of three star summons orbs. I'd rather get two star orbs to hone Kirin, frankly. Maybe we'll get a unique three star summon in the vein of Kirin or carbuncle that won't be replace by a four star variety.

Negator

Don't really care for today's daily, and finished up the arena, so I'm going and finishing these bonus quests for free 4* eggs. It's kind of funny how hard I destroyed the North Mountain elite after how much trouble it gave me back in the early days of the game lol.

Nohar

Got two Greater Darkness Orbs today. It feels good. Also completed all elite FFI paintings, only remaining elite paintings are the FFIV ones.

On the banner list they're after Lightning/Sazh, Aerith, Eiko/Steiner, Rinoa, & Tellah/Golbez. So like a month or so, probably.

Two or three dungeon updates and the new friend recruiting system to generate Mythril. For me: pull, no, pull, no, pull. Hopefully will have enough mythril left for some action at the festival.

Meier

I feel too at risk without having a Paladin type/second healer.. but some like FFVII just make it impossible to use one with your synergy. Do most people just not bother? Kind of curious what the general consensus is. Been using Irvine lately since I got his special weapon.

Wazzy

Banned
Ugh at the mage path. I'm so used to my melee fighters that I now have to arrange a party that can clear the stages but also take out the boss.

I'll probably use Selphie, Rinoa, Cloud and then I'll need two other mage characters which will probably be Terra and the last I'm not sure. Red XIII I want for his SB so I can use Tyro SB.
This will likely be my proudest moment in this game.

wah...why...would you ignore Squall when he's better than many of the other characters you finished?

I feel too at risk without having a Paladin type/second healer.. but some like FFVII just make it impossible to use one with your synergy. Do most people just not bother? Kind of curious what the general consensus is. Been using Irvine lately since I got his special weapon.

I only keep a single healer on deck, usually with protectga and a fully honed curaga and WHM RM2 to refresh abilities between stages. For this events boss rushes though I've just been using a summoner with Kirin, Carbuncle, and summoners RM2. In addition to a healer I've almost always got some sort of damage mitigation on deck - magic/power breakdown if I can or just the magic/power breaks otherwise. I think mitigation is more important than multiple healers so that you're not wasting a bunch of turns and abilities on keeping your party topped off, not to mention that the damage mitigation abilities also do decent damage.

For the first time I'm caught up on classic dungeons. What the heck are they going to do for FF1 after Chaos? The Dawn of Souls content? Maybe it'll just be done, period.

Wazzy

Banned
About to try boss rush. I could have easily mastered bottomswell stage but I forgot that certain abilities wouldn't hit without long range even though mage characters were using it so it made the fight last wayyyy longer than it should have.

I've pretty much just equipped lightning magic for the boss rush lol

Deadly

Been lumping all my mythril since I don't play as much anymore. Decided to get the crystal glove with a 50 pull....1 5* 10 3* welp.

Falk

that puzzling face
Can someone confirm when the next celebration banner event takes place? I'm hoarding mythril.

If you're hoarding you might as well hoardd till the gacha % change tbqh. Unless you're really hurting for gear and want a higher chance shot at a certain synergy.

Anyone else farming these boss rushes? Already got a bunch of summon orbs out of em. I think I might farm them for the rest of the event.

Farming Blue Dragon here still. 20 stam for 20k xp (multiplied by ffvi bonus) and 30k gil and about 1/6th greater summon orb, why not

edit: Spreadsheet says 2 in 48 runs. I guess I've been very lucky? I've gotten 5 so far lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom