• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Both Mog and Edgar can use spears and there are some wacky VI events coming up.

I think it's my fourth or fifth 5* spear. I did realize I'll get some use out of Edgar after I posted that though, particularly in the VI Elite paintings I haven't done yet.

Road

6th and final pull:

24scYfEhENrlgIgJiSV5RAQbcsh5zuU7jLj1PqEBBKIW=w300-h842-no

5* swords: Zantetsuken, Diamond Sword and Butterly Edge.
5* rods: ...

It's great for me because I didn't have any VII synergy sword. Time to add more Luneth to my friend list, I guess.

This event rewards can't even be combined. Stingy DeNA to the max. One more bangle to add to my FFVII collection. If only I had repeat of them instead of one of each kind.

Yeah, I'm growing tired of the damn VII bangles taking up inventory space. I know the second I sell em, I'll get a double of one to combine finally. lol

Edit: Damn! Nice Ashodin!!

Kyari

Another Tifa banner goes by without me getting one of her weapons ;_;

I'd take a 4 star fist weapon at this point, ugh :(

Congrats. I got the ice helm. Blech.

I will say, my level broken tifa's attack with rs is 329 at level 50 using that 4++ metal knuckle. Quite powerful. Not quite like my sephiroth who is up to 422 atk in vii. Two attackers with that level of power is easy street.

I did magician til the crystal, then over to soldier.
Edit the equip rewards are real shitty not combinable. I've sold three of those knuckles over the course of the game. The comb is nice, but at 3 it is meh, not to mention red won't see the light of day in my team until he is house broken.

Ashodin

Almost at Champion Knight's side (Read: boss rush)

Gonna get dat Pressure Point.

Man, feels good to have really decked out characters just thrashing the bosses.

Falk

that puzzling face
You know how retaliate meta relies on Boost as a proxy "everyone in your party hits like a truck"?

Advance is Boost on steroids. And stacks with Boost.

With a 5* natural weapon you can hit most ++ bosses for 8k+ (not even counting double cut)

You know how retaliate meta relies on Boost as a proxy "everyone in your party hits like a truck"?

Advance is Boost on steroids. And stacks with Boost.

With a 5* natural weapon you can hit most ++ bosses for 8k+ (not even counting double cut)

Do boost and advance also stack with Chakra?

Ah Red XIII. All you need now is a bonus quest (if Cyan can have one...).

There are some new honing quests for abilities received in this event. I should really go and accept and abandon everything so I can see new more clearly.

Am I just the unluckiest guy in the world when it comes to Lightning orbs and Wednesday's daily? Week after week there is way more Wind orbs. Last 2 battles, 10 winds and 2 lightnings... Always like that. I know that RNG gonna RNG but damn...

Am I just the unluckiest guy in the world when it comes to Lightning orbs and Wednesday's daily? Week after week there is way more Wind orbs. Last 2 battles, 10 winds and 2 lightnings... Always like that. I know that RNG gonna RNG but damn...

You can get 25 of them as a reward in the Heavyweight stage of the Mage's Path in the Tifa event. Bring Berserk and Lightning and clean up, kupo!

Melee route was easy, lost one medal for damage on the third boss, not sure how that slipped through. I've read the Mage path is even easier due to sleep and poison.

I like the concept of having different paths but on reality it makes things much easier as you don't have to bother with trying to squeeze in abilities to hit targets and you can essentially leave half of your toolbox at home for the boss rushes. No need to carry a bmage for the soldier rush, so let tyro handle carbuncle and boost with the double hit rm. frees up the white Mage to carry protecga or Diara and your here other attackers to carry retaliate/double cuts and breaks. Half the challenge in this game is trying to fit everything in with only ten abilities, not a challenge when 90% your arsenal is Irrelevant due to high def, range, or element resistance.

I have the final two Mage battles left, it will be a while due to the stam requirements. Hopefully well get the next dungeons later this week.

I think it's my fourth or fifth 5* spear. I did realize I'll get some use out of Edgar after I posted that though, particularly in the VI Elite paintings I haven't done yet.
My Edgar has been rocking Kain's Blood Lance. Dude's doing pretty well for me in VI realms. If the 5* Spear you just got is also a VI spear then you'll be in an even better position.
it's time to make the iron throne out of spears
Isn't that what all of the XII spears we get dumped on us are for?

eastx

Going up against the Blue Dragon, is it better to take an R1 Thundaja or an R3 Thundaga? My Vivi has an R4 Thundaga equipped in the other slot.

Pejo

Well how about that. I got a 5* out of the 99c pull, Shark dagger or something. I'm not super excited, but it's always nice to have dagger options and to not get a 3* on a pull.

XJF

Just got josef's RM2 after onnly 10 tries. I feel lucky after reading all the horror stories on here and Reddit.

I know some people think this event is boring, but I am enjoying it! Especially the mage side. Rocking a team of Fran, Quistis, Garnet, Selphie, and Vivi. Nuking and enfeebling like crazy. Working through the boss rush now with max honed Poison and Sleep spells (the only 1 star Black Magic I've kept lol).

wow, i just loaded up FFRK on galaxy s3, and it runs so much better than on my LG G3.

what da fuk

tell me about it, runs smooth and seemingly 60fps on a random old LG trackphone, but my 6S its slow as crap... well its slow in general by a lot of standards but yeah! Game needs some hardcore optimization patches.

Balphon

I know some people think this event is boring, but I am enjoying it! Especially the mage side. Rocking a team of Fran, Quistis, Garnet, Selphie, and Vivi. Nuking and enfeebling like crazy. Working through the boss rush now with max honed Poison and Sleep spells (the only 1 star Black Magic I've kept lol).

This event gave me a reason to use Red XIII, so it's all good with me.

XJF

Assuming we stick to the JP order, how many events away is Lightning-Blazefire Saber event? I had a Reddit page saved with the list, but seemed to have lost it and can't find it anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom