• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHM sux compared to Kirin.

Rydia can Kirin

And also do damage

PROBLEM SOLVED
The only bad thing about Kirin is when the blasted dragon uses acid rain. Bye bye regen, hello sap then you decide to use Kirin again and another acid rain comes out :(

I just did the Ancient Castle battle with it. I really don't get it. This time I beat it with one use of Advance but one of my failed attempts had me onto the second use. I suppose the means I must have been close.

I ended up blowing a mythril to finish the boss rush. T_T

I made it to Ultima pretty easily but had very few abilities left. After s/l'ing numerous times to try and make it work, I became impatient and said fuck this. I'd rather spend one mythril and move on with my life versus doing s/l a hundred times.
Exactly. The event gives you 10 for a reason I feel.

Edit: Just did boss rush with the my strategy of use Advance RW on battle 2 (speaking of which anyone know if this is stronger than that elite Vargas fight?) and 4, refresh after battle 4 to use on battle 5.

Sabin: Innate Healing
Edgar: Double Hit
Garnet: Concentration II
Cloud: Soldier Strike
Terra: n/a

+ Celes Runic RW. I probably would've replaced Terra with Vivi if I didn't have her sword, and may have had to put Fira Strike on Cloud in lieu of one of the breaks.

Thank you very much!

Falk

that puzzling face
The only bad thing about Kirin is when the blasted dragon uses acid rain. Bye bye regen, hello sap then you decide to use Kirin again and another acid rain comes out :(

Murphy's law at work. I sometimes have to savescum, but with a Sentinel Grimoire it's usually an instawin even if Blue Dragon gets the first unmitigated attack.

Exactly. The event gives you 10 for a reason I feel.

Edit: Just did boss rush with the my strategy of use Advance RW on battle 2 (speaking of which anyone know if this is stronger than that elite Vargas fight?) and 4, refresh after battle 4 to use on battle 5.

Hahaha, yeah, there's really no shame in blowing a few Mythril for the boss rush. It feels like that's why the game shifted from super hard end bosses like Red Dragon to a bosh rush format in the first place.

or you could use Runic to refresh abilities on Ultros and Tentacles

Nohar

The next event will be tedious, to say the least. Little to no FFVII equipment in my inventory, so no synergy (well, "yeah!" for Bangles I guess?), bosses which can only be hit by magic or ranged weapons, and a boss rush full of these... The only saving grace is that we don't have to bring Tifa AFAIK.

Nohar

Time to whip out mage meta.

Nah, it's called mega meta now*.

* reddit private joke

Well, let's see... I have one 5* rod, two 4* rods, one FFVII 2* rod (meh), Judgment Staff, absolutly no good ranged weapon aside from the 4* Killer Bow... I'm not feeling it. We are getting a 3* magic hairpin for Red XIII though (will we be able to upgrade it to 3*+?)... Meh.

Anyhow, brought Magic Breakdown to R3. I should be able to unlock and hone Shellga up to R3 too (R2 should be enough for most situations I guess, including boss rush). Sadly, this is once again a case of "too many abilities, too little room to equip them": if my healer has to equip Shellga, then it can't use Breakdown (if the healer was Tyro), which means that I need to add a character able to use Breakdown, but I don't have any weapon for my ranged fighters, leaving only Quistis and Red XIII (as we get a hairpin for him) as my options - and Red XIII can't be used, since Hairpins aren't ranged weapons (unless I'm mistaken), thus he won't be able to Breakdown the bosses of the Magician side, and on top of that mine is level 17 (and I am not planning to egg him).

Edit: ... Huh? Didn't we get Red XIII's memory crystal? I don't have it *confused*

rrz5SrI.png

Just beat the boss rush with this team. It went really well, although I'd swap Armor Break and Power Break around. Used Runic RW on Othros and Trntacles. Had Squall use Runic during Othros, and Edgar used it during the Tentacles. For Othros, Squall spammed Thundara Blade while Cloud used all but 4 Blizzaras to help recharge Squall. Edgar basically spammed Intimidate on the top 2 tentacles while Runic was up, which helped a lot. Edgar also had Double Hit RM.

Though on second thought, Cloud probably should have used Runic on Othros to recharge Retaliate, since Squall basically didn't use any abilities during the Ultima Weapon fight.

Apparently air wind slash counts as a ranged attack even for melee people. Of course it is a rank 2 ability meaning lesser power orbs which I never have enough of and I don't like doing the daily for (as the lesser black and lesser white are useless to me) but thinking rationally I would waste far more stamina doing the next best location (classic FFVI figaro castle floor 1). Still I'll hold off until Thursday because I'm in short supply of black orbs.

Edit: ... Huh? Didn't we get Red XIII's memory crystal? I don't have it *confused*
A change to the Jenova event was having having Red XIII as a reward full stop. I don't know why they did not go the extra mile and add in the MC (like they did for Vivi*). We will see what changes they make to this Tifa event though (people are hoping for it to sneak into here).

*-I think Vivi also got an RM2 drop of anywhere probably due to coming out before any classic FFIX dungeons...of course people might remember using that RM2 proceeded to crash the game in battle and mythril apologies were sent.

Nohar

I just read that we can only lose 2 medals for the EX++ fights of the next event... Come on, this is downright unfair. I really dislike the "Mastery" system of this game, mainly because the Mastery conditions can be really hard for some stages (that, and if the enemy gets the first turn, more often than not you will need to S/L... There is no fun in that).

I realize that I sound like I'm complaining a lot these last few days, but the problems of the game are just becoming more and more apparent. There are so many things they could (should) change to improve the gaming experience (that Japan has, but aren't here yet, because reasons, despite those having no impact on the difficulty of the game).

We need the HP bars now.

We need the "Remove all" button now.

We need a game which runs correctly on older devices (which are able to run other games perfectly but not this one, for reasons) and doesn't slow down to a crawl when simply scrolling down a list. Japan will get a new better UI, let's hope this one doesn't actually worsen the current situation (I'm wary of everything now). And even if the new UI improves the gaming experience, chances are we won't get in before roughly 8 months.

Falk

that puzzling face
Screw Red XIII, pls give Aerith memory crystal with Tifa event.

IT MAKES MORE SENSE OK, GOLD SAUCER, AERITH DATE, ETC.

edit: Or surprise release Yuffie. I don't mind. Need more Thief characters.

Nohar

Screw Red XIII, pls give Aerith memory crystal with Tifa event.

IT MAKES MORE SENSE OK, GOLD SAUCER, AERITH DATE, ETC.

edit: Or surprise release Yuffie. I don't mind. Need more Thief characters.

I would love to see more Thief characters, but as long as they don't have their MC and the right abilities (the unreleased 4* ones in particular), they are not worth using (right Locke?).

Falk

that puzzling face
Who am I kidding, the entire event is divided into physical and magic 50-50 split for a reason :'(((

Negator

I don't think we'll be getting an Aerith memory crystal, because if I'm not mistaken she has her own memory crystal event. Possibly after Lightning.

MicH

I'm perfectly fine with repeat character events especially now that we usually get two new characters per event. It makes it hard to catch up on leveling every character up

Man, busy weekends kill my interest in the game and then I need a couple days to recover.

So I end up not playing on exp day which I need so I can finally unlock some more RMs.

I put armour breakdown on Wakka instead of Magic Breakdown. Blue Dragon is not winnable in this state (I have Magic Break on Sabin but it is not enough). Yay 20 stamina wasted.

Does anyone else not use a white mage or heal, ever? The only time I heal is when I choose a roaming warrior with that feature. 99% of the time when I'm playing this game, it's on auto-battle, so it doesn't make sense for me to have white mages. I only bring regular mages when it's a boss battle and I need to expose their weakness for the medals.

Anyone else do the same? You could pretty much run through the game with just brute force. I don't bother with the boss rushes though, I'm only into collecting characters and crystals.

Falk

that puzzling face
Does anyone else not use a white mage or heal, ever? The only time I heal is when I choose a roaming warrior with that feature. 99% of the time when I'm playing this game, it's on auto-battle, so it doesn't make sense for me to have white mages. I only bring regular mages when it's a boss battle and I need to expose their weakness for the medals.

Anyone else do the same? You could pretty much run through the game with just brute force. I don't bother with the boss rushes though, I'm only into collecting characters and crystals.

Some elites and/or boss rushes you absolutely have to. (Granted I've been bumrushing CPU/Blue Dragon without)

Also with Dia and WHM RM2 it actually becomes more of a rechargable DPS tool on top of BM/Sum RM2

I don't know what any of those acronyms mean tbqh.
WHM=White mage
BM=Blakc Mage
Sum=Summoner
RM2=Record materia 2.
DPS=Damage per second (not really true for dia as it is just damage DPA would be more appropriate, damage per action?)

Read up (miscellaneous) on what they are and two and two should come together.

I put armour breakdown on Wakka instead of Magic Breakdown. Blue Dragon is not winnable in this state (I have Magic Break on Sabin but it is not enough). Yay 20 stamina wasted.
Came back with my Magic Breakdown this time and kept armour breakdown regardless (screw you double cut) and won by the skin of my teeth. I had to really get the most out of my 4 uses of Magic Breakdown so had to get the pattern of Magic Breakdown, Armour Breakdown, whack cloud in face perfect in order to re-apply Magic breakdown as it wore off (I needed 60 seconds of serious magic damage mitigation). Since armour breakdown was only r1 later cycles had two lots of whack cloud in face.

Given I won when I had applied the last magic breakdown and Cloud has just activated Advance for a second go and I had reached a second advance with my failed run (with the wrong ability) all I can say is, can we have some fucking HP bars already (I'm curious how far off I was).

The failed run would have dropped a summon orb. The successful run dropped nothing.

But hey I get to fight more dragons really soon as my next classic dungeon is storm dragon (but it being classic means it should fall down much more quickly). Which is also a magic spamming dragon, "bring shellga kupo" (more like kappa :p until tomorrow)

Ashodin

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU BLUE DRAGON EX ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I finally champion'd his ass with Advance Retal Cloud team (posted on reddit). Got really fucking lucky when he tried to use slow TWICE (LOL) and missed. Free damage? K thx bai

fuck yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh now I can focus on Summoner RM2 while farming black/power orbs to farm Blue Dragon more efficiently to get more orbs

wait what does he drop again

How do you know that?
FFRK Inspector. As drops are generated upon entering a floor of a dungeon you can see everything that wold drop (even the round which helps with potions). The server gives them to once you move onto the next round or see victory (this is why that can sometimes be laggy). It also logs this data for crowd determination of drops and rates (but most dungeons have a very low sample size due to it being many steps to set up).

I also find the program useful for calculating best equips for a dungeon (it also rates items to give you can idea of which are safe to trash but given that is rating a Bard's Tunic much higher than a Black Cowl it is best to use common sense sometimes).

A more crude way of farming non-repeatable floors (i.e. most bosses, who tend to have better drops) is to put your device in airplane mode but doing that you only see the rarity (which is usually enough if it is say the Black Cowl, which is the only silver chest that Siren drops). In the case of Blue Dragon Brawl though being a single floor if you are farming that you might as well clear it for the 30k gil prize.

Of the 38 recorded runs of Blue Dragon Brawl (I believe the inspector records a run once you clear or if you choose to flee so I should account for two of those) there were 12 summon orb drops and 2 greater summon orb drops.

All worlds done except for that fake boss rush in IV. I have no good IV weapons, so that's gonna be left for quite a while I think. Sucks. Boss rushes should be optional and not have stamina shards locked behind them...

Never mind boss rushes, are you just playing the normal level? Some of the trash on expert will devour you before you even make it to the boss...going in without a WM. Yikes.

This will be the second banner in a row that I will refrain from pulling other than the 100 gem pull. I have guard stick, which has not hit the hands of aeris in months, and masamune, so I do not want any more offensive vii relics. Up to 60 mythril, which is tied for my high. Getting itchy to use it. May drop 10 to take my item space to 250 so as not to have to sell too many mats.

Pejo

It feels weird, but ever since I got 3 awful 11x pulls in a row, I feel like I've been released from this game. I still log in once a day to get my daily stuff and free pull, but I don't feel like I absolutely have to use all my stamina, master every event, etc. I'm joining the ranks of the rest of you that are just collecting characters/crystals for the time being. Feels good! I think I'm done doing 11x pulls also. I'm just going to do single pulls up to a point where I feel like I've wasted enough mythril then stop. I think it'll really help shake that awful feeling of wasting so many mythril all at once and getting nothing.

Shahadan

I'm never doing any 11pull. The one you get for free is too small of a benefit for something I know I can have or not within 5/6 single pulls.

Did a 100 gem pull and see its an animation for a 5* relic and it's the Betrayal Sword... Well can't complain about a 5* item even though I need FF7 weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom