• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzy

Banned
I don't get how to participate? When I tap the special icon I only see the link to the official website

You have to complete the regular VII stage and once you do it should automatic say it's completed and that you can spread it through 4 different social media's for a higher chance.

Yeah, the quest seems bugged.

I now have the orbs to create Odin. Anyone create this yet? How useful is that summons compared to the other uses for the major orbs. Actually, what can use the major dark and major lightning,..I'm not seeing any abilities that use those orbs other than ixion.

You have to complete the regular VII stage and once you do it should automatic say it's completed and that you can spread it through 4 different social media's for a higher chance.

If it's already been completed, we don't have to do anything though, right? I didn't see any quest but I also didn't see anything about spreading through social media.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
it seems like the folks who try to fight the ensemble nature of this game end up the most disappointed. You would think that with this happening at least once a month folks word realize this and modify their expectations. This is hard, I've had a few all three star pulls myself and have spent money with not much to show for it.
I don't care about any other FF game other than 4, 6 and 13, and I already missed Celes/Terra, so there's no other character for me to care about in the game.
It's the same reason why I got bored with the two Theatrhythm games after a while. I don't care about the music in 7-12, and that's over half the game.

The only way this game gets interesting for me again is if they just give up and start introducing Chrono Trigger characters. Then I save 150 mythril again just to be disappointed when I don't get shit for Frog or Marle or Robo. :p

Red Mage

I don't care about any other FF game other than 4, 6 and 13, and I already missed Celes/Terra, so there's no other character for me to care about in the game.
It's the same reason why I got bored with the two Theatrhythm games after a while. I don't care about the music in 7-12, and that's over half the game.

The only way this game gets interesting for me again is if they just give up and start introducing Chrono Trigger characters. Then I save 150 mythril again just to be disappointed when I don't get shit for Frog or Marle or Robo. :p

You do realize that they're going to re-issue both of their events, right?

Vorpal

I think I'm going to spare myself from 3* gacha pulls and just dump mythril into refreshes for today's daily. 5 attempts before mastering Proudclad made me realize that my Black Magic abilities really need some attention.

Edit: Thanks Ebonfist Keep glad we're on the same page

KprxPU9.png

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You do realize that they're going to re-issue both of their events, right?
Sure, but there isn't a point to get them is there?

Like I said earlier, if I do bother getting Lightning to 65, so what? She's still useless without her weapon/SB. I assume that any other characters I might want are the same.

Did an 11-pull.

Got nothing.

Nothing.

I did 3 11-pulls and a 100-gem pull on Balthier/Fran's banner since I adore them and XII in generall; the only 5-star I got in those 34 pulls was a Golden Armor (FFXII vanilla Heavy Armor). That was soul-crushing.

That being said, despite having been playing since the game's launch, the gatchapon FINALLY decided to grace me with a character's unique weapon for the first time. Got Sahz's gorgeous gun. <3 But the RNG still decided to poke fun at me by making the second 5-star the FFX veil. Utterly random.

Like I said earlier, if I do bother getting Lightning to 65, so what? She's still useless without her weapon/SB. I assume that any other characters I might want are the same.

Firehawk, I've had fairly abysmal luck in terms of getting Soul Break weapons, as I elucidated upon above. So trust me when I say that, besides the core characters, very few characters are useless. Some are very niche, I'll give you, but very few are useless. I've Full-Mastered almost every event, short of "To Slay A Sorceress" with no character relic weapons. Lightning is most definitely not niche, and she's easily worthy of being a 1st-string combat character even without a relic. While I certainly wish they made the unique relics (or at least the soul breaks...) more easily acquired, I kind of enjoy the challenge of tailoring my equipment/ability set to take on each challenge.

There are lots of good items to combine and upgrade which will make characters very good. The SB are definitely not requirements to make a character useful. I only have them for a couple characters, but that doesn't make the rest of the cast useless. I don't have Sazh's SB, but his ability set is so good! He is rocking it. Keep all the 3* and 4* "trash" you get and upgrade/combine them. Synergy is a big deal. That's why it's good to get all the different characters as well because then you can make parties tailored to each realm.

Falk

that puzzling face
Game needs to have more no-RS events tbqh.

Thinking about how to loadout for this upcoming festival is already bringing back a lot of the early magic of starting FFRK (JP, pre-RS update). It becomes more of a use-who-you-like all-star deal than "let's just load up all these synergy characters and equipment and 9 times out of 10 it's equivalent or better than the non-RS alternatives. Even 2*++"

Vorpal

Character weapons are awesome but they don't always determine whether a character is useful. In that regard, Memory Crystals are a much bigger factor right now. Level 65 Lightning with a Zantetsuken (or equivalent ++ RS weapon) will still kick a lot of ass. That's how I used Locke and Celes for a while even though I missed out on both of their weapons. (And when they can be level-broken I'll be putting them right back into my party.)

And really, even if you get a character's weapon, it can become outdated over time! I was lucky to get a Buster Sword and Official Ball early on, but Wakka's SB was quickly outclassed by Vanille's Deprotega, and Cloud's Hardedge is arguably more useful than the Buster Sword.

Don't get me wrong--it totally sucks to go bust on a banner with nothing to show for it--but plenty of characters will still be viable without their unique SB.

There are lots of good items to combine and upgrade which will make characters very good. The SB are definitely not requirements to make a character useful. I only have them for a couple characters, but that doesn't make the rest of the cast useless. I don't have Sazh's SB, but his ability set is so good! He is rocking it. Keep all the 3* and 4* "trash" you get and upgrade/combine them. Synergy is a big deal. That's why it's good to get all the different characters as well because then you can make parties tailored to each realm.

I think a lot of people, partly me too, who reacts like Firehawk do understand all that. I can beat all the content on every event, I know that. What can make my experience better? Being able to see some of my favorite characters kick ass with their own weapons and SB, at least one of them. 250 Mythrils on this banner, 200 on Celes, 100 on Locke says no. However, it says yes to some with 100 gems.

I am such a fan of FF that I keep playing and I enjoy the game when I am not feeling down. However, this is the first game that I play where I cannot get what I want with hard work and that is hard to swallow. If it wasn't FF I would have been out a long time ago but the fact that it's FF is also what makes me want some weapons so bad. What's left? Sink a 100$ in the game? This game is designed to get me to that point but I won't give in. I can't imagine how awful I would feel if I was doing paid pulls. I already feel guilty for the 20 bucks (more expensive here) I spent in 100 gems pulls with barely anything to show for it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Firehawk, I've had fairly abysmal luck in terms of getting Soul Break weapons, as I elucidated upon above. So trust me when I say that, besides the core characters, very few characters are useless. Some are very niche, I'll give you, but very few are useless. I've Full-Mastered almost every event, short of "To Slay A Sorceress" with no character relic weapons. Lightning is most definitely not niche, and she's easily worthy of being a 1st-string combat character even without a relic. While I certainly wish they made the unique relics (or at least the soul breaks...) more easily acquired, I kind of enjoy the challenge of tailoring my equipment/ability set to take on each challenge.
So I'll admit I'm still angry after yesterday, but Lightning's only distinction seems to be the ability to use Spellblades with a ranged weapon. Which would be great if I had one that wasn't the default gun they give you during the event.

I mean, I am upgrading the stuff. But when the game just gives me FF4 daggers and FF6 swords, there's only so much I can do. It's why I felt like I would have been better off doing anything with that mythril other than invest it in the relic draws.

I am such a fan of FF that I keep playing and I enjoy the game when I am not feeling down. However, this is the first game that I play where I cannot get what I want with hard work and that is hard to swallow. If it wasn't FF I would have been out a long time ago but the fact that it's FF is also what makes me want some weapons so bad. What's left? Sink a 100$ in the game? This game is designed to get me to that point but I won't give in. I can't imagine how awful I would feel if I was doing paid pulls. I already feel guilty for the 20 bucks (more expensive here) I spent in 100 gems pulls with barely anything to show for it.
I'm totally in the same position, which is why I stuck with the game specifically for Lightning. (I'm not the guy who has a room full of Lightning posters and figures and hug pillows, but I'm not afraid to admit I'm a fan). I'm sure I could slowly grind up Black Orbs to get more spells so I can just cakewalk events with 3 or 4 black mages, but if I can't even use my favourite character, my incentive to play is dramatically lowered.

I'd also be perfectly willing to whale to reward game producers for making something that I want to play, but when I know the result is almost 95% guaranteed to be disappointment, I would be silly to do it.

Don't get me wrong--it totally sucks to go bust on a banner with nothing to show for it--but plenty of characters will still be viable without their unique SB.
Yeah, and I'm going to stop shitting the thread with my whining since it's not really helping anyone other than myself. lol
But when you play a game for a couple of months and get nothing to show for it, well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I feel like a total asshole right now.

Yeah, and I'm going to stop shitting the thread with my whining since it's not really helping anyone other than myself. lol
But when you play a game for a couple of months and get nothing to show for it, well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I feel like a total asshole right now.

Aww man don't feel like that. I totally understand where you are coming from. I've played F2P games before that hit me hard with a paywall months into the game. It really sucks when you realize that's what happened and I will usually uninstall the game at that point because it feels like my progress has slowed to a crawl. But, all of that lost play time is gone. Can't get it back. =(

Vorpal

Yeah, I don't blame you at all. And compared to earlier shitposting in this thread (see: "This game is trash and everyone should go play something else. You will thank me.") you're totally fine. Or you could pull a Roto by telling someone else to stop shitting up the thread and then ten pages later start making posts about how this game sucks and you're quitting!

More broadly, I think it's good for people to post about not getting banner weapons. Some of these items can get way overhyped when it comes to tier lists and "must-haves" and it's a good thing for newcomers to know that their progress isn't completely halted if they didn't luck out on a Vega or Blazefire.

Edit: I should clarify that there's totally a difference between wanting weapons that are "overhyped" and just plain wanting a weapon for your favorite character. Nothing wrong with the latter. But people who don't care much for Lightning or Sazh shouldn't feel screwed over for not pulling their weapons.

So I'll admit I'm still angry after yesterday, but Lightning's only distinction seems to be the ability to use Spellblades with a ranged weapon. Which would be great if I had one that wasn't the default gun they give you during the event.

Don't feel bad about venting; if I was posting in this thread when I had my FFXII disaster, I'm sure I'd be at least as pissed as you.

As far as Lightning goes, spellblade users are in short supply compared to how powerful they can be. Spellblades are almost always valuable since they can hit weaknesses extremely hard, and it's much easier to get a good dagger/sword (ie the free Zanteksuken) than a good rod (still don't have one, that'll be one of my next goals). And when all else fails, you can use Drain Strike to make them much more durable. The gun usage is icing on the cake and can come in useful down the line in XIII content when we get a 3rd PSICOM gun in the next XIII event.

Ron Mexico

So I literally just started playing today and this is hitting all the nostalgic notes like I can't believe. Anyway, just a couple quick questions before I get too far in:

So far, I've been going through all the story dungeons, pretty much in order, without breaking a sweat. Did the easy mode of the daily to see what it was all about. I'm assuming I want to focus the bulk of my time clearing the classic dungeons, with the dailies a second priority and the events way down the line?

Also, I've been selling all of my 1* equipment as I'm now mostly in 2* gear and I read that gil was one of the harder resources to gather. Should I sell the 1* orbs too? So far I've only crafted abilities to complete the associated quests. Also, only been leveling 2* or higher gear (with a preference of only doing 3* and up). Considering the amount of content available now, is this viable?

For the mythril, I've been saving to do the 11-pulls. Does it matter which one? I'm assuming a fair number of the 5* items will be for characters not yet unlocked. Save them all until I finish all the base content?

Thanks all!

Valnen

Thank goodness they added the health bar to bosses. That's a really nice touch and very useful.

I just started playing again last night to pick up Tifa and Lightning, and I agree. Health bars has somehow made this game more fun.

Also about the lightning event...this is making me realize, I'd totally play all of FF13 again if it was remade with sprites/ATB combat. The FF13 sprites square made are amazingly well done.

Also, I've been selling all of my 1* equipment as I'm now mostly in 2* gear and I read that gil was one of the harder resources to gather. Should I sell the 1* orbs too?

You probably want to combine some 1* with 2 other copies. Some 1*++ are useful with realm synergy in the beginning. You will make good gils completing story dungeons, you should not run out for a bit. They go down fast but can be acquired fast too in the dailies.

The event banners will always give you weapons that can be used by characters featured in the event or by at least one character you have. No matter the banner, your first 11 pulls will be a game changer.

Nohar

@Ron Mexico:

Hello,

Your priority is to do both Classic dungeons and Events at the same time. You will win stamina shards by doing dungeons, which will refresh your stamina, allowing you to do some battles from an event before going back to the classic dungeons until you get a stamina refresh and repeat the process.

Events are limited in time, and while they will come back you can wait several months before seeing an event that you missed. Events grant far better rewards than Classic and Elite dungeons, on top of unlocking new characters and their memory crystals (which break the level cap). Since you just began, you priority should be to unlock Tifa and her memory crystal before the event expires (though you may find that task very difficult, if not outright impossible since you lack a good team, with leveled-up characters, good equipment and honed bailities). You may be able to unlock Tifa in time, but I'm not so sure you can unlock her memory crystal. You can focus on Lightning's event after that (though feel free to do the easiest levels of Lightning's event right away, since they give orbs, eggs and equipment).

On the topic of eggs: use them. Do not hoard them: you need every level you can get, especially if you want to be able to complete some challenges. Use them on named characters. Also, do not level-up "core" characters (White Mage, Black Mage, Warrior, Knight, etc): they are far, far weaker than their named counterparts (you can keep White Mage as long as you don't unlock a better white magic user; Arc from FFIII is correct, and Tyro can act as a white Mage). Some of them can actually give you some very interesting and useful materias once they reach level 50 (namely White Mage, Summoner and Black Mage), but you shouldn't make this your priority (you probably won't unlock their memory crystals before a while).

Avoid daily dungeons for now, though you will want to run the EXP dungeon (Sunday) to level-up your characters. Gil dungeon (Wednesday and Saturday) is necessary to run once you get a few interesting items and abilities which you'll need to improve (and since you just began, you will need money). You can get upgrade materials Monday and Friday. Also note that the Tuesday dungeon is very important, since it drops Power and Black orbs, which are necessary to craft a lot of abilities.

Never sell orbs. I can't stress this enough. Orbs are essential to craft and hone your abilities, and we will be able to upgrade and downgrade orbs later.
You shouldn't sell your equipment either, unless you want to get rid of 1* items, 1* useless accessories, upgrade materials (when all of your equipment is upgraded to the max) and eventually 2* equipment which became irrelevant.

Talking about equipment: 1* items are useless unless you use realm synergy with them. You will quickly sell every single one of them when you will have better gear. For the time being, upgrade the pieces of equipment you got to 1*++ (you can upgrade an item only two times; if you upgrade a Dagger, it will become a 2* item and if you ugrade it again it will become a 3*, but will still be less powerful than a "true" 2* item or 3*; to not confuse the quality of items, we keep the initial level and add a "+" to indicate that said item is upgraded; thus, a Dagger upgraded two times is considered a 1*++ item).

Abilities are the most important thing you need to worry about after equipment (heck, good abilities can help you tremendously, even with bad equipment). You can hone an ability up to rank 5. Usually, you will stop at Rank 3 or 4 for most of them. Do not bother crafting or honing 1* abilities, except for the mandatory weakness you need to exploit (that is assuming you can't craft a 2* or 3* one). Among 1* abilities though you can safely craft and hone Boost to R5, since it is a very useful ability which stays useful for a while.
Mid-game you will focus on 3* abilities, then 4*. Most 2* are situational at best, and you shouldn't waste orbs creating and honing them, though you will definitly find the Spell Blades ones useful, and as long as you can't have 3* abilities it is best to use those. There are 2* abilities that you can to craft and upgrade to R4 minimum: Double cut and Retaliate (that last one is almost mandatory for a lot of encounters, but I'll leave the explanation to others).

Since you just began, it may be a good idea to pull right away: you are in dire need of stuff, it is not the time to be stingy. On top of that, Lightning's banner is a rather good banner, it is thus a very good idea to pull it.

For below: *gasp!* The OWA guy!!!!!!!

Hi everyone, you may remember me from the One Wing Angel banner. I pulled relentlessly for that sword(and even the previous Masamune) and never got the thing. Well I've still been playing the game and keeping my mouth shut, lurking the thread ect.
I just wanted to say that eventually, you WILL get something worth while if you keep at it. I did 3 11 pulls on this banner and now have 2 Vegas. Ones for Lightning, ones for $azh yay!
Anyway, Record Keeper is truly an ugly beast at times. It brings out the worst in some of us and it barely constitutes a game as it's more of a glorified slot machine when we're dumping money into it. Like many of you, if this wasn't part of the Final Fantasy franchise I would've jumped ship months ago. But if you keep plugging away you'll inevitably get good items. Just don't ever bank on it, literally and figuratively.

Meier

I have yet to spend a dime on the game. Really don't recommend doing so..can't see how it would ever be considered worthwhile.

I've only got two person specific 5* items sadly but have managed a few other 5* items on pulls.

I have yet to spend a dime on the game. Really don't recommend doing so..can't see how it would ever be considered worthwhile.

I've only got two person specific 5* items sadly but have managed a few other 5* items on pulls.

I only give them the $1-every-6-days 100-gem-pull tip since I enjoy the game well enough and $5 a month isn't going to break my bank. I really do enjoy planning my strategies out on the tougher elites. Especially the EX+ levels, since it's only an hour of stamina, so it doesn't hurt so much to give it a few test runs with different configurations to try and develop your strategy.

But yeah, I would recommend playing the game with the mindset that you'll never get any new SBs. It helps keep you sane during those bad pulls.

broz0rs

I think the one thing that's been really annoying about the game is how ability quests are not retroactive, even though leveling quests are. I lost out on three quests because I didn't check the list, and it's really lame that I have to scroll through the list every time I learn or hone an ability to see if it is quest eligible. Granted, there's some abilities that are useful enough to create multiple times like double cut to complete the quest if I missed out on it, but I don't think I'm ever going to need more than one Ramuh.

I guess I'm in the minority in that I actually like the game, even though it's pretty simple and redundant. Getting a character 5* is a nice surprise but that's not the game to me. I pull on the banners that I like and if I get skunked, oh well. There's usually something more powerful on its way in a few months anyway.

I'm sure I would share in the saltiness if I was paying for pulls though, which I've never done and don't plan to. That, I can understand but the people (not necessarily here) that are pure F2P and bitching like they're entitled to whatever items they are lusting after....well, you're not.

I'm kind of glad that the pulls are so expensive (IMO). If they made the 11 pull around maybe.....$5-10 range, I'd be tempted to do a paid pull every banner. At $30 there's no way in hell, even if there was a guarantee of a 5*.

johnsmith

remember me
They should extend the 100 gem pulls to a 11 pull for $10. They might get some more cash out of me. As it is I spend $1 on each banner but no way am I spending $30.

I now have the orbs to create Odin. Anyone create this yet? How useful is that summons compared to the other uses for the major orbs. Actually, what can use the major dark and major lightning,..I'm not seeing any abilities that use those orbs other than ixion.

Odin, Ixion, Quetzalcoatl, and Full Break use major lightning orbs. Odin and Bahamat use major dark orbs, not sure if anything else does. At the moment only Odin and Ixion are in the global version though. Personally, I'm upgrading Ixion since I'm able to get rank 3 in it now rather than wait for Quetzalcoatl or Full Break to come out and I'd rather have a multiuse summon over a single use of Odin. I'll grab Odin and Bahamat when major orbs become a bit more prevalent.

Shahadan

I guess I don't see the necessity to get 5* shit. The only items I got were three Buster Swords and Rinoa's weapon, aside from the ones the game gave me or false ones.

Well, I only use Rinoa's weapon when I use her (mostly never) and I admit I fused two buster swords and Cloud is always in my party, using it. But that's it. Only one 5* weapon at all times, and I haven't struggled doing content.
I level up my characters though.

Also about the lightning event...this is making me realize, I'd totally play all of FF13 again if it was remade with sprites/ATB combat. The FF13 sprites square made are amazingly well done.

I love the FF13 sprites too. Lots of attention to detail. They even have Lightning's battle stance. &#128525;

That said, wtf happened with Kimahri's sprite? *shivers*

XJF

I know it's been discussed a million times, but I've hit a brick wall in terms of what I can complete anymore as far as elites. What party is everyone using for these monstrosities?

I probably won't be able to do much until I level my mages (been mainly physical party), and I've never used reta meta, may have to change that though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I guess I'm in the minority in that I actually like the game, even though it's pretty simple and redundant. Getting a character 5* is a nice surprise but that's not the game to me. I pull on the banners that I like and if I get skunked, oh well. There's usually something more powerful on its way in a few months anyway.
For me, the game is so grindy and RNG dependent that if it didn't have the FF fanservice slathered all over it, I don't know if I would play it. Beyond the gear anxiety, I'm at the point where I can't complete events without getting more spells and that basically involves autobattling through daily dungeons just for the chance of dropping orbs. I don't even know what it must feel like to try to grind for 4* orbs, given that they seem to drop less than 5* items.

Yeah, I don't blame you at all. And compared to earlier shitposting in this thread (see: "This game is trash and everyone should go play something else. You will thank me.") you're totally fine. Or you could pull a Roto by telling someone else to stop shitting up the thread and then ten pages later start making posts about how this game sucks and you're quitting!

More broadly, I think it's good for people to post about not getting banner weapons. Some of these items can get way overhyped when it comes to tier lists and "must-haves" and it's a good thing for newcomers to know that their progress isn't completely halted if they didn't luck out on a Vega or Blazefire.

Edit: I should clarify that there's totally a difference between wanting weapons that are "overhyped" and just plain wanting a weapon for your favorite character. Nothing wrong with the latter. But people who don't care much for Lightning or Sazh shouldn't feel screwed over for not pulling their weapons.
Yeah, it's disappointing to say the least. I don't think I would care as much if it was for any other character pull. lol

Don't feel bad about venting; if I was posting in this thread when I had my FFXII disaster, I'm sure I'd be at least as pissed as you.

As far as Lightning goes, spellblade users are in short supply compared to how powerful they can be. Spellblades are almost always valuable since they can hit weaknesses extremely hard, and it's much easier to get a good dagger/sword (ie the free Zanteksuken) than a good rod (still don't have one, that'll be one of my next goals). And when all else fails, you can use Drain Strike to make them much more durable. The gun usage is icing on the cake and can come in useful down the line in XIII content when we get a 3rd PSICOM gun in the next XIII event.

I appreciate the patience guys. lol

I'm sure she's fine with generic swords as well, but I find it hard to get excited for a character who basically operates the same as Cloud, especially when it's clear with the Tifa event that I can't complete that you need 4 black mages to deal with enemies that fly.

I think I'm just going to stop playing the game for awhile. I don't even know if I'll bother with Lightning's crystal, because I just don't think I could stand using her since she's a reminder of the disappointment of wasting 150 mythril. Admittedly, I'm not angry anymore since Kancolle gave me 4 rare drops and I get my feeling of RNG happiness from there instead. lol

Shahadan

I appreciate the patience guys. lol

I'm sure she's fine with generic swords as well, but I find it hard to get excited for a character who basically operates the same as Cloud, especially when it's clear with the Tifa event that I can't complete that you need 4 black mages to deal with enemies that fly.

Wouldn't Lightning fix that problem? Ranged spellstrikes are nothing to sneeze at.

Odin, Ixion, Quetzalcoatl, and Full Break use major lightning orbs. Odin and Bahamat use major dark orbs, not sure if anything else does. At the moment only Odin and Ixion are in the global version though. Personally, I'm upgrading Ixion since I'm able to get rank 3 in it now rather than wait for Quetzalcoatl or Full Break to come out and I'd rather have a multiuse summon over a single use of Odin. I'll grab Odin and Bahamat when major orbs become a bit more prevalent.

excellent points. i really can't pull the trigger on using any of the major orbs I guess.

Falk

that puzzling face
Hi everyone, you may remember me from the One Wing Angel banner. I pulled relentlessly for that sword(and even the previous Masamune) and never got the thing. Well I've still been playing the game and keeping my mouth shut, lurking the thread ect.
I just wanted to say that eventually, you WILL get something worth while if you keep at it. I did 3 11 pulls on this banner and now have 2 Vegas. Ones for Lightning, ones for $azh yay!
Anyway, Record Keeper is truly an ugly beast at times. It brings out the worst in some of us and it barely constitutes a game as it's more of a glorified slot machine when we're dumping money into it. Like many of you, if this wasn't part of the Final Fantasy franchise I would've jumped ship months ago. But if you keep plugging away you'll inevitably get good items. Just don't ever bank on it, literally and figuratively.

I was actually also thinking of you if you read the previous page about me briinging up the OWA banner hahaha.

Someone has to keep the servers up*. I've been paying for 100gem pulls. I think ~$5 as a 'monthly subscription fee' is pretty sweet as it is. I then use the 5 Mythril I 'save' on other things, like stam refreshes for a particular Orb daily or upgrading inventory slots/ability slots. I mean, again it boils down to expectations. Paying for gacha means you aren't buying a product. You aren't buying a service. You're buying lottery ticets. At the same time I've gleaned enough enjoyment out of the game that I feel at least vindicated into putting in that $1 per banner for tangible QoL benefits back to myself (as mentioned, siphoning that 5 Mythril into everything OTHER than the gacha)

*Yeh, I know, whales, etc.

For me, the game is so grindy and RNG dependent that if it didn't have the FF fanservice slathered all over it, I don't know if I would play it. Beyond the gear anxiety, I'm at the point where I can't complete events without getting more spells and that basically involves autobattling through daily dungeons just for the chance of dropping orbs. I don't even know what it must feel like to try to grind for 4* orbs, given that they seem to drop less than 5* items.

For what it's worth, I beat the Mage path including boss rush and superboss with my only 4* abilities being Thundaja r2 and Breakdowns. If you've been doing the events prior you should have at least enough 4* Orbs for that (Global has been a lot more generous than JP in the orb rewards dept). My best rods at the time were a Binding Rod XIII 5*, and then Gravity Rod VI 4* and Light Rod III 4*. Didn't even have the luxury of a 4*+, any VII synergy, and it was at the point that had I gone to farm Gizamaluk Grotto for Mythril Rod++ (yay more RNG) I'd have had better MAG weapons for the event.

But you're absolutely right, if you feel you need to take a break, you should. If you come back and continue enjoying the game with this experience helping you manage expectations somewhat, good. If you feel you 'broke' the 'addiction' this game has, good. I mean, in the end it's just entertainment and not the end of the world or anything.

Wouldn't Lightning fix that problem? Ranged spellstrikes are nothing to sneeze at.

Yes and no. Specifically the Mage Path enemies are very resistant to physical attacks, even physical elemental attacks (although the 2x from vulnerabilities mitigates that). You'd still be better off putting even a schmuck like Tyro in with Thundara.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I can't at the fact that some of you actually spend really money on this free game. Like...don't you realize these things are designed to rip you off?

Think of it as payment for whatever I have played. I would pay for other games that I played so why not pay a small sum for this game every now and then? After all I have spend months playing this and have enjoyed it. It's just me paying the devs and getting a chance to get better equipment. In short,y for a F2P if I didn't like the game. And if I like it, why not give the devs some money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom