• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
I guess the FF XIII event ++ boss is the new barometer for BS in the game? I would be shocked if it was viable without using the Taunt method. Maybe with a full 60+ party and mutiple FF XIII gears (which are pretty rare to begin with). I squeaked by a win, but it was extremely frustrating and highly dependent on it not using its magic attacks often.

This event definitely has a clear distinction between people who got a Blazefire and those who didn't, just because of the lacking synergy sword from rewards like I mentioned at the top of this page coupled with how far Advance/Ret stands above other overall setups at this point of the game.

I'm in the lucky-unlucky camp where I have two (lol) XIII rods and a Kaiser Knuckle. Zero XIII defensive items other than the reward Titanium Bangle+ and a grand total of 1 5* Robe/Armor means I'm going to have to defensively RW. After XP daily I might try a 2-mage-Blizzaga setup just for variety. Napkin maths suggests that I'll be able to clear it pretty comfortably, but like you said, 2 rods for XIII is pretty rare to begin with.

(Before you ask, no, Tyro with the Kaiser Knuckle barely has 10 ATK more than Cloud with Zantetsuken, with far shittier HP/RES, so that's a shitty alternative for retaliate)

Should be more interesting than the cookie cutter Retaliate strategies, at least.

It's been three days without one, DANGER DANGER DANGER WE NEED ANOTHER FINAL FANTASY VII EVENT.

Final Fantasy I, II, III, V? Huh? What are those things?

Razmos

64eee069f9a640e3251b03a58b2df961.png

"Featuring Barrett!" - pic shows Cloud. racism.

Don't worry guys, as well as the Aerith event coming up, we have another Aerith event about 4 events down the line, fun!
At least this event gives Diaga. hmm

I went back and mastered the boss rush last night, pretty easily too. I'm not sure why I had so much trouble with it the first time.

I'm going to spend the day leveling Lightning and Sazh then try Bryn again tomorrow.

Nohar

Lightning and Sazh reached level 50. I'll keep doing Sunday dungeon until tomorrow. My Boss rush team is already prepared. It shouldn't be too hard with Advancetaliate (which I plan to use on Garuda and Odin).

64eee069f9a640e3251b03a58b2df961.png

"Featuring Barrett!" - pic shows Cloud. racism.
Calm your Tumblr rage, the banner text is for Cloud's second crystal (and Barret's first crystal is the sub-text).

Don't worry guys, as well as the Aerith event coming up, we have another Aerith event about 4 events down the line, fun!
At least this event gives Diaga. hmm
I get that it's the most popular game or whatever, but the fact that it gets featured every other week while almost HALF of the franchise is ruthlessly ignored is really starting to come off as sad and desperate.

Nohar

I get that it's the most popular game or whatever, but the fact that it gets featured every other week while almost HALF of the franchise is ruthlessly ignored is really starting to come off as sad and desperate.

I want my FFV event... Battle on the Big Bridge + Gilgamesh? {Yes, please!}

Falk

that puzzling face
Yo all dem FFVII events where's my Vincent

We can't stop having FFVII events till I get Vincent

Then the rest can go die in a barrel

It's about about Yuffie for me. I like her with as much passion as I hate the rest of Final Fantasy VII, oddly enough.

Of course, they give out Sephiroth, Reno, Black Hair Cloud and Movie Cloud before her (and most of the other actual FF VII characters).

I know, I know, it was a joke :p
My bad. Of course, it's sadly feasible these days that somebody would actually be serious about that, ahaha.

Speaking of Barrett notice how his arm cannon has been added to weapons along with playing cards. Sadly Tyro can't use either. Also dancing skills were added to the list (yes Tyro has 5* there).

Wonder how DeNA will change the Aerith event rewards. I like seeing the Mytril rods as I never bothered to spend 1,000,000 stamina farming Red Dragon.

The quicksilver is in
the wiki/guide

Lightning and Sazh reached level 50. I'll keep doing Sunday dungeon until tomorrow. My Boss rush team is already prepared. It shouldn't be too hard with Advancetaliate (which I plan to use on Garuda and Odin).

I used my RW (SG) on Garuda and Odin as well. If you have a maxed aero strike, you probably wouldn't need to use your RW as it does quite a bit of damage even after barrier. I still only cleared Garuda with an expert rating though. >_>

If you don't mind doing s/l until intimidate decides to consistently stick on the third boss then there's no reason not to use a RW charge on Garuda or Anima.

you guys have probably seen this but here is the list of upcoming memory crystals, in expected order, for purposes of levelling to 50 or 65:

Warrior of Light
Gordon
Aerith
Rinoa
Luneth
Snow
Refia
Kimahri
Arc
Terra
Cloud (MC2)
Ricard
Gladiator
Vanille
Celes
Lenna

I have already leveled Lightning from 51 to 60 solo and now am running out a pitiful misfit team of Sazh 53, Kimahri 45, Ricard 41, Maria-egged to 25 but now is 28. Heroic daily is a ton of save/loading. Kimahri is so terrible I may just egg him the rest of the way to 50, I can't stand how horrible he is. abilities are jump and a buster and armed with a 4 star dagger. ouch. Of the above list, other than K and R, I need to get Gladiator to 50, he is residing at 1. I'll add Steiner to the mix for next week I guess, but it is such a killer that we will be waiting forever for his mc. Was thinking when taking down the V dungeons how I would love an axe spellsword, as my two best weapons for that realm are axes.

Speaking of the new cores, have any of the Japanese dungeon updates included soul break weapons for those new cores ala the light rod, killer bow, etc?

MicH

I can't believe we get Cloud's MC2 before some other characters like Celes and Lenna :(

I'm almost caught up with levels. Currently working on Gordon, Irvine, Arc and Celes. The named characters I then need to level are Khimahri, Refia, Locke and Ricard

Balphon

I have already leveled Lightning from 51 to 60 solo and now am running out a pitiful misfit team of Sazh 53, Kimahri 45, Ricard 41, Maria-egged to 25 but now is 28. Heroic daily is a ton of save/loading. Kimahri is so terrible I may just egg him the rest of the way to 50, I can't stand how horrible he is. abilities are jump and a buster and armed with a 4 star dagger. ouch. Of the above list, other than K and R, I need to get Gladiator to 50, he is residing at 1. I'll add Steiner to the mix for next week I guess, but it is such a killer that we will be waiting forever for his mc. Was thinking when taking down the V dungeons how I would love an axe spellsword, as my two best weapons for that realm are axes.

Might get lucky and have them put Steiner's MC in the Eiko event. He is the first FFIX character to get his second MC so maybe they will want to speed us along.

you guys have probably seen this but here is the list of upcoming memory crystals, in expected order, for purposes of levelling to 50 or 65:
I'm pretty sure that list was for characters that were obtainable at some point prior, because Steiner (who we just got this week) should have his memory crystal right after the Aerith event.

Edit: Oops, I was wrong, he is just character obtainable in the event.

And Gladiator is a she.

Razmos

Warrior of Light
Gordon
Aerith
Rinoa
Luneth
Snow
Refia
Kimahri
Arc
Terra
Cloud (MC2)
Ricard
Gladiator
Vanille
Celes
Lenna

Speaking of the new cores, have any of the Japanese dungeon updates included soul break weapons for those new cores ala the light rod, killer bow, etc?
Warrior of Light and Gordon's memory crystals have been released haven't they?

XJF

For RM2's that are "Chance with character in party" which way is best to farm, most rounds per stamina or enemies per stamina?

Vorpal

I pulled a 2nd danjuro knife. Do you think I'd be better off combining them or keeping two of 'em?

How many comparable 5* weapons do you have? Daggers are especially useful because almost everyone can use them. If a Danjuro is an upgrade for only one of the characters in your standard party, go for combining them. If a Danjuro could be an upgrade for two or more characters, or you're worried about having decent weapons for upcoming characters, you might want to keep them separate.

For RM2's that are "Chance with character in party" which way is best to farm, most rounds per stamina or enemies per stamina?

I don't know if a definitive answer has been discovered, but rounds-per-stamina seems to be the common suggestion. In a lot of cases, you're kind of restricted to whatever is the lowest stamina round for a character's realm anyway. (Or the go-to low stamina stages in FFX/FFIV for non-realm specific RM)

yasu151

How many comparable 5* weapons do you have? Daggers are especially useful because almost everyone can use them. If a Danjuro is an upgrade for only one of the characters in your standard party, go for combining them. If a Danjuro could be an upgrade for two or more characters, or you're worried about having decent weapons for upcoming characters, you might want to keep them separate.

Only an upgrade for one person; i just drew a keepsake knife too. Sounds like good advice. i just combined, and didnt know itd upgrade to six stars too. now i feel fancy, even if the damage difference is marginal.

I don't know about the new dungeons, but I find it hard to believe that anything tops FFIV - Underground Waterway. 2 stamina = 3 rounds x3 mobs.

You have to remember, for RM2s, they're considered drops, so you're trying to maximize number of monsters killed. That's why FFIV - Fabul Castle (1 stamina = 1 round x 2 mobs) isn't good.

LucaMac

Which boss is harder in boss rush, garuda or dreadnaught?

Garuda is nasty. Be careful too, as its lightning attacks count as physical. I'd to restart the boss rush because I brought shell and magic breakdown instead of protectga and power breakdown. Should bring both if you've room but physical is definitely more of an issue in that boss rush even with intimidating dreadnaught and tauntaliating anima and odin.

Did a few rounds of the XP event to get some of my FF7 characters up to speed for the impending Aeris event. So my TIfa and Sephiroth are now 50+. Red is still really weak though--doesn't help that I have no great weapon for him.

Is there a set change in the spheremorph thing in the FFX boss? I know it always starts weak to fire, then ice, then it just seems random and in waste turns healing in order to find its weakness.

LucaMac

Whats the story with pound? Not sure if anybody else noticed but it seems to be insanely accurate. I had it on one of my c team in the xp daily and they were blinded. It still hit every time.

Razmos

So Reflect can reflect soul breaks, who knew.
(specifically Power Sigil, the shared soul break of the Sanctum Gloves)

I mean it is just Ruin but I thought it being a soul break would make it pierce the reflect, I guess not.

LucaMac

That's pretty damn good so. I hadn't considered using it at all but the auto equip put it on and I wasn't bothered changing it.It may have some decent uses down the line

MicH

Gathered enough mythril to do one last 3 pull. No Vega, but I got my THIRD Hunter's Rod. Looks like I'm set when it comes to rods. Bring on the mage meta!

Falk

that puzzling face
Yo join me in making a Brynthildr Blizzaga Death Squad.

Only wrench in the works is I totally forgot all its physical attacks are long range so no back row defensive bonus.

edit: Hahahah wow this Petrify strat is something else. First time I'm getting 2 medals lost on Brynhildr, even if it required savescumming like a dozen times for everything to line up.

I'm so paranoid that I won't have 50 mythril by the celebration event and now I'm hoarding, but I really wanted Lightning's sword thing. It'd be cool if you could trade relics online with a trading system like Pokemon (i.e., you offer your relic and indicate what you're willing to trade it for).

Also, the Double Cast Venom for RW Vivi is insanely OP and has saved my butt so many times.

Nohar

Bryn mastered on my first try (with 2 S/L), with the Tauntaliate strat. Turns out having Vivi equipped with Vanille's Rod helped tremendously. Phew, that's one less difficult fight to deal with.

Tomorrow will be Black Orbs day, as usual. I'll begin Aerith's event Wednesday.

Mastered all but the second Beatrix fight and the black waltz elite, saving that for a stam refresh during the event.

Beatrix I can get down to a sliver but she uses climhazard. Just rolled out with sentinel, will have to go advance or one of the hasteaga twins. Didn't want to reset the rws, hence the sentinel. And I was too efficient with the trash, not letting my sazh build up his boon-valefor/Quake took everything out too fast. Oh well. No shard, so no rush on her.

Brynhildr, after getting lightning to 60 and sazh to 57, mastered without having to sl. I would have before powerlevellong yesterday but I ran out of charges. so I honed blizzara strike to r4 and dropped a double cut and that was that. Vivi used both blizzaga r4 and blizzara r4. Glad I tried before either honing blizzaga to r5 or crafting another blizzaga and honing it up, likewise glad I managed with a blizzara strike And not two blizzaga strikes. Held off on crafting blizzaja for yet another ice vulnerable enemy. Since it's only 20 stam, I may try the self petrify tactic just to see it in action.

The sandworm elite in v was quite annoying until I gave up trying to avoid gravity, you can eat one or two without losing mastery over the dungeon. If you use your left over quake or valefor, you are showing to get hammered!

Falk

that puzzling face
She's a pushover in comparison this time.

Overall this event seems rather tame, both coming off Brynhildr, and the past VII events being nailbiters in the form of Jenova and then Proudclad/Schizo

edit: For comparison

Cargo Ship Elite: ~180k HP
Jenova Project (Sephiroth Event) Elite: ~195k HP
Aerith event Elite: ~90k HP, much weaker stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom