• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorpal

[Fugo];175806999 said:
I pulled a second Blazefire Sabre o_O
combined and maxed out to level 25, would it be powerful enough with RS against Brynhidr?

I'm not sure what you mean by "powerful enough," but a Blazefire Sabre 5*+ (or ++) would pretty much be the best FFXIII RS sword available in the game right now. Plenty of people have fought Brynhildr with less

Nohar

What if I want Aerith's best items?

Listen to the voices. There is no need to be shy. Just give them your Mythril. They like the shiny. They like the blue. They like their sweet baby blue. Give them the baby THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY. Give them! You will feel relief, you will feel delivrance! Just pull, give in to your urges! Yesssssss, you will feel great. Come on, do it, you know you want to. You know you need to. Just one little pull. Just one. Then another. And another. And another. Hehehehehehehehehehehehe. You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you? Oh, my bad, don't mind that last part, bad voice that one. You want the silk? Take the silk! Give them the mythril!

Listen to the voices. There is no need to be shy. Just give them your Mythril. They like the shiny. They like the blue. They like their sweet baby blue. Give them the baby THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY. Give them! You will feel relief, you will feel delivrance! Just pull, give in to your urges! Yesssssss, you will feel great. Come on, do it, you know you want to. You know you need to. Just one little pull. Just one. Then another. And another. And another. Hehehehehehehehehehehehe. You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you? Oh, my bad, don't mind that last part, bad voice that one. You want the silk? Take the silk! Give them the mythril!

I actually just spent 9 dollars for 3 pulls and got 3 three stared relics. fuck this game sometimes.

Nohar

I actually just spent 9 dollars for 3 pulls and got 3 three stared relics. fuck this game sometimes.

Nononono. The voices want your mythril, not some filthy gems! You're a bad guy! Only bad guys give gems to the voices! Especially the 3-pull cultists! The voices dislike the 3-pull cult. They only like mono-pulls. Just do one more pull, the voices will be pleased, the voices shall reward you if you acknowledge your error! Come back to the voices, give them your Mythril.

LucaMac

Do you think they'll ever introduce +++ combining? I'm quite put out that I farmed the three black cowls back in the day and have drawn about 5 since.

scosher

I don't know how it is on other F2P games but I feel I would spend more if the prices weren't so ridiculous. $10 for a 3 pull and $30 for an 11 seems so overpriced and discourages impulse buying. The first time 100 gem pull was the smartest thing they did (from a business standpoint) and has me throwing away a dollar every two weeks.

Falk

that puzzling face
Do you think they'll ever introduce +++ combining? I'm quite put out that I farmed the three black cowls back in the day and have drawn about 5 since.

Hey it's fine, if they do it's fine you can just farm a few more!

I think 6* is more likely, along with break damage limit (would make sense that VIT-0 gets patched before any notion of breaking 9999 since easily hitting bosses for 99999 would be 10 times as stupid, literally)

But but but but the game's gacha constantly sucks all the time, not sometimes!

Red Mage

I don't know how it is on other F2P games but I feel I would spend more if the prices weren't so ridiculous. $10 for a 3 pull and $30 for an 11 seems so overpriced and discourages impulse buying. The first time 100 gem pull was the smartest thing they did (from a business standpoint) and has me throwing away a dollar every two weeks.

But for every one of us, there's the whales who spend 100's of dollars at a time.

broz0rs

I started a new account on another mobile device that I have. I saved up 50 mythril from quests, and decided to pull an 11 on the Aerith banner.

Eight 3*, Three 4*. Couldn't help but laugh at the result.

Azusa

For a first time I have finished EX dungeon. Wasn't that hard as I thought it would be.

Is EX+ worth to try? I don't know if rewards are good. There are just orbs.

I've got 70+ mythril, already own Aeris' weapon, should I try for Blazefire again or hold out for another banner?

Also all the people I follow who had Luneth with Advance switched to different RW. Now I can't Advance/Retaliate the last few dungeons for FFXIII :(

Falk

that puzzling face
Also all the people I follow who had Luneth with Advance switched to different RW. Now I can't Advance/Retaliate the last few dungeons for FFXIII :(

Go to the Luneth and Tyrfang official wiki pages. There's a list of a dozen or so with Advance in the comments. Only thing is they constantly get shuffled so you need to readd them before any slew of content where you want to use it.

(If it wasn't clear prior, it's pretty obvious that they've changed the Friend system so that when you're at 100/100 Followers, instead of disallowing new Followers it just cycles old ones out if they aren't Mutual Followers)

Did a three pull. A thornlet I have to junk, have a 4++ one and a band that I already have a 3++ of.

I did get a genji helm. Do I combine this with my other genji helm for a 5+ helm? I'm thinking I do, I rarely have two guys who can wear helms and I often roll with one attacker with this.

I have:
2 regal gowns
Genji shield, lol
Ix adamant vest
Viii balamb garden uniform
Xiii golden bangle

So Im pretty covered in good armor and really am not seeing a downside to combining this, as opposed to say the regal gowns. Or perhaps I keep it separate to use in the forging system in a few months.

Thoughts on this one?

Edit. Ouch I see that even combining it to ++ only bumps the non rs attack by 1 point. Hmm. That doesn't seem worth it, particularly seeing how rare v events are.

Vorpal

For a first time I have finished EX dungeon. Wasn't that hard as I thought it would be.

Is EX+ worth to try? I don't know if rewards are good. There are just orbs.

The rewards are good insofar as they're hard to come by. Greater Lightning Orbs could help hone Thundaja, for example, or the Major Summon Orb could go towards honing or creating a 5* summon. If you thought the EX++ wasn't hard, you should definitely try EX+. It's only 20 stamina per attempt, to boot.

I've got 70+ mythril, already own Aeris' weapon, should I try for Blazefire again or hold out for another banner?

Do you like Lightning and want a good weapon for her? Then I would pull from her banner. If you're excited about a different character, or you're simply interested in waiting until the gacha pull % update, then I would hold out.

Go to the Luneth and Tyrfang official wiki pages. There's a list of a dozen or so with Advance in the comments. Only thing is they constantly get shuffled so you need to readd them before any slew of content where you want to use it.

(If it wasn't clear prior, it's pretty obvious that they've changed the Friend system so that when you're at 100/100 Followers, instead of disallowing new Followers it just cycles old ones out if they aren't Mutual Followers)

Awesome thanks. I just got about 4 more Luneths, hopefully now I can beat the last 3 FFXIII dungeons.

LucaMac

Hey it's fine, if they do it's fine you can just farm a few more!

I think 6* is more likely, along with break damage limit (would make sense that VIT-0 gets patched before any notion of breaking 9999 since easily hitting bosses for 99999 would be 10 times as stupid, literally)

Yea it's grand like. I'd just prefer to hold on to such duplicates and that they'd serve a purpose instead of leveling up a shit xii item for no reason...also that I could have had at least two 3++ ones if I'd been patient...though I don't use the one much now. Just wishful thinking that Japan might have got it so I could hold on to this one guilt free regarding inventory space. Now that I've complained here I'll probably get another one on the next banner.

I've only ever done one eleven pull and started saving up recently. Intend doing just one pull per banner until the percentage increase or celebration banners, but I'm a bit scared of doing so. 80ish mythril now and I'm considering sticking to single pulls but just more than one when the time comes. I'm not sure if that extra pull is worth the disappointment. I've two character relics now, Lightning and Rydia, both from single pulls and both a great surprise.

The relisation hit me after I got Rydias a few pulls after that 11 pull. You expect a 3 star with single pulls...you expect a five star with 11 pulls. I pulled once on the lightning banner and got her weapon. That seems incredibly lucky but I've been just doing single pulls since my first and only disappointing 11 pull way back in the first month or so. I get something alright here or there, usually just pulling on whatever banner is active as soon as I hit 5 mythril but its changed now since the Edgar banner. It could be a good thing to consider as its working well for my sanity. One pull per banner. Save the rest...

...as I said mind you, my sanity is wavering again, because I'm afraid of when we get to that point where I go to spend my savings. Might limit myself to a few pulls per banner then..or do an 11?...I dunno. I clearly need structure to avoid being sucked under by ftp games. I very nearly did an 11 pull on lightnings banner there today after my single pull on the VII one and had to take myself out the back and have a word with myself. Now that I think about it, that sounds like I have no sanity to begin with.

Ashodin

CULT OF 3

CULT OF 3

CULT OF 3

kwR5Sppl.png

I'm quitting the game. I just have time to keep up. Anyone interested in the code to my account? I got all characters and level cap crystals and have completed most, but not all, events. Gear highlights include Thunder Blade, Clouds second soul break sword, a 6* Behemoth Knife, and a 7* Judgement staff. A couple other things, too, but those are the highlights.

If only I had more abilities to cast. I think I need to stop doing dungeons and events and farm more orbs. Breaks were a mistake, I could use two additional R4 double cuts.

That is some crazy synergy there! Please don't take this the wrong way, but this is a great example of lucky relic pulls not overcoming a problematic strategy and devotion to honing skills. A word of caution to folks who get too high on specific relics and then crushed when they fail to pull them.

My suggestion: hone blizzara strike to r4. Give blizzard strike to lightning, drop the second curaga for protecga. If you burn through all those curagas you've already failed to master. Take double cut and boost off sazh and give him two breaks or breakdowns. Give armor break to lightning for her second skill. Make sure you are equipped with attunement 2, devotion etc.

Again, please take no offense, just found it illuminating, and frankly a bit refreshing.

I have no idea how to do Byrnshit. My Cloud with a buster sword+ and Luneth RW only does 4k per hit

Since you have buster ad a zantetsuken, I'd suggest this

Cloud buster retaliate blizzard strike r4 attunement 2
Lightning zant or better sword blizzara strike r4 armor break
sazh power breakdown armor breakdown. I have r2, I alternated these basically preemptive materia
Bmage blizzaga r4 blizzara r4 devotion
Wmage curaga and protecga or shellaga light of fayth
Rw is either lunatic or boon, whatever isn't covered by your white Mage

My wmage was garnet, she will get her sb at some point boosting your attack power.
My bmage was vivi, due to his level and default sb, I do have a non xiii rs five star rod

I would do a retaliate every couple turns for the wm to whack on.

This was how I pulled it off with about 25 seconds to spare. The only difference from what I suggested is my cloud used masamune and lightning used the Vegas from the back row, sazh had the free gun.

johnsmith

remember me
Eiko is going to break the level cap right away but Steiner is stuck at 50. That's dumb. Hopefully we'll get his memory crystal early. Banner is bad too, 3 swords but only 1 rod.

Source:
http://muketsu.info/FFRK/Event-Dungeon02/a024.html
Nsfw ads

And Beatrix is playable in the newest jp event. She's a better Paladin Cecil basically. White magic, combat, knight all at 5 with super high attack.

Eiko is going to break the level cap right away but Steiner is stuck at 50. That's dumb. Hopefully we'll get his memory crystal early. Banner is bad too, 3 swords but only 1 rod.

Source:
http://muketsu.info/FFRK/Event-Dungeon02/a024.html
Nsfw ads

And Beatrix is playable in the newest jp event. She's a better Paladin Cecil basically. White magic, combat, knight all at 5 with super high attack.

Yeah the banner is lackluster, but I'll be doing an 11 pull, my best rs weapon is a four star dagger! I pull primarily based on if I lack a sword or katana for a realm, which is all but vi, vii and viii I basically try to ignore those banners.

http://bantha.org/~dscotton/ffrk.html

Shadow780

CULT OF 3

CULT OF 3

CULT OF 3

http://i.imgur.com/kwR5Sppl.png[img][/QUOTE]

[quote="broz0rs, post: 175849815"]I have to admit that the best results I have had are 3 pulls as well. My pull today trying to get Blazefire and/or Vega. Gave up trying to get them, but super happy with the result:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/8lPnKDy.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/pPW9k0ll.jpg

tumblr_n2gibsirRh1qlk7obo1_400.gif

Falk

that puzzling face
Falk, have you gotten Cecil's RM2 yet? I want to know if I've lost the race

YUP

WoL's refuses to drop though.

I think the game is trolling me by giving me all older RNG RMs when a new one comes out then refusing to give that last one so I waste the maximum amount of stamina on RNG RMs

I've managed to stay on top of everyone's Record Materia drops so it makes it a lot easier to focus on any new ones. Keep at it everyone, it'll happen.

Vorpal

YUP

WoL's refuses to drop though.

I think the game is trolling me by giving me all older RNG RMs when a new one comes out then refusing to give that last one so I waste the maximum amount of stamina on RNG RMs

Ffffffff! I haven't even grabbed WoL's MC yet but I'm not looking forward to it. Cecil hasn't quite reached Josef status but this IV daily has spent two or three weeks refusing to cough up the dang RM. Why won't you let me multitask, FFRK

I've managed to stay on top of everyone's Record Materia drops so it makes it a lot easier to focus on any new ones. Keep at it everyone, it'll happen.

I will soldier on. Glad to see you posting, Hours Left! Was wondering if you'd dropped FFRK

Ffffffff! I haven't even grabbed WoL's MC yet but I'm not looking forward to it. Cecil hasn't quite reached Josef status but this IV daily has spent two or three weeks refusing to cough up the dang RM. Why won't you let me multitask, FFRK

I will soldier on. Glad to see you posting, Hours Left! Was wondering if you'd dropped FFRK
I'm still here, I just took a short GAF break. Thanks though. Very kind of you to think of me.

Actually I've chosen to treat RM drops like getting 5* gear. It's not gonna happen but there's nothing else to spend Mythril (/stamina) on, so you might as well just do it.

LEAST DISAPPOINTING IRL META
Now that you've publicly expressed your indifference, you'll see them all drop like flies.

Nohar

Cecil's RM2 get yesterday, right before going to bed! Oh yeah.
I'm still missing Joseph and Garnet's materias. I don't really care for Garnet's but I'm a little sad Joseph didn't drop when I was doing the Elite paintings.

Anyhow, sitting on 554 3* Power Orbs and 275 3* Black Orbs. It should be enough to craft a few R4 abilities if the need rises. Now, let's begin Aerith's event (doesn't seem very interesting though...).

Falk

that puzzling face
Aerith's event is contender for absolute worst to be honest. Literally nothing interesting about it except as an orb pinata.

LucaMac

Garnet and Cecils RM left for me. Can't hack farming for them. Gordon and Warrior of Light weren't too bad because they weren't realm restricted.

Razmos

I think my last 15 relic pulls have all been 3* items. All of them either FFVI, FFIII or FFXII.

Some of them were paid.
My terrible luck with this game is totally pulling me away from it.

I saved for the Balthier banner for ages, did over 50 pulls, got nothing. I saved for the Selphie banner, got nothing, saved for the Lightning banner, got nothing.

I don't even want to know how many of those were paid pulls.

I'd be understandably frustrated if I was pulling a lot on EVERY banner and getting nothing, but I'm picking and choosing my battles here, only doing pulls for items that I really want and I've yet to get a single one of them.

That coupled with the difficulty increasing is completely killing my enjoyment of the game right now.

LucaMac

Single pulls only. That's whats keeping me sane and enjoying it right now. As I said a while back you expect a 3 star from a single pull. You expect at least one 5 star in an 11 pull. Lower expectations, just do single pulls anything other than a 3 star is a bonus and feels great, there's hollowness with eleven pulls even if you get a five star sometimes looking at all the rest of that trash . The one extra isn't worth killing the enjoyment over. Limit yourself to one pull per banner for a while, whether you're keen on the banner or not.

Nohar

I think my last 15 relic pulls have all been 3* items. All of them either FFVI, FFIII or FFXII.

Some of them were paid.
My terrible luck with this game is totally pulling me away from it.

I saved for the Balthier banner for ages, did over 50 pulls, got nothing. I saved for the Selphie banner, got nothing, saved for the Lightning banner, got nothing.

I don't even want to know how many of those were paid pulls.

I'd be understandably frustrated if I was pulling a lot on EVERY banner and getting nothing, but I'm picking and choosing my battles here, only doing pulls for items that I really want and I've yet to get a single one of them.

That coupled with the difficulty increasing is completely killing my enjoyment of the game right now.

You may want to cut your losses. The gacha system of this game is very unfair, and it seems you are spending (a lot of?) money. Now, it is not my place to tell you how to spend your savings, but wouldn't it better to just quit before the frustration builds up and you end up whaling?

Azusa

My suggestion: hone blizzara strike to r4. Give blizzard strike to lightning, drop the second curaga for protecga. If you burn through all those curagas you've already failed to master. Take double cut and boost off sazh and give him two breaks or breakdowns. Give armor break to lightning for her second skill. Make sure you are equipped with attunement 2, devotion etc.

Thank you for tips. I didn't know about attunement 2 and other good RM. And sadly my Vivi doesn't have memory crystal so I'll use Rydia instead. Also Sazh can't equip breaks. It would be nice if he can.

I'll try Brynhildr later today with new party setup.

Falk

that puzzling face
You may want to cut your losses. The gacha system of this game is very unfair, and it seems you are spending (a lot of?) money. Now, it is not my place to tell you how to spend your savings, but wouldn't it better to just quit before the frustration builds up and you end up whaling?

Don't take this the wrong way, but I think I'm in complete agreement here. Sounds like you just need a (long) break from the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom