• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nohar

pation.

Yeah, this event should be easy. Should. We will see, but we can paralyze 3 bosses, and those we can't paralyze we can blind or slow. It should be doable.

johnsmith

remember me
I love FF7 events, having both of Sephiroth's katanas makes them a cakewalk.

I've been pretty screwed on relic weapons, but at least I got ones for the most common event game.

Just when I thought I was out they pulled me back in

The theater called they found my iphone today, a quick run to the att store and my phone is back to normal and yes my record keeper progress is back where I left it. Other then Tifa's memory crystal have I missed anything?

And yes first thing I did was back up my save to my gamecenter account

Just when I thought I was out they pulled me back in

The theater called they found my iphone today, a quick run to the att store and my phone is back to normal and yes my record keeper progress is back where I left it. Other then Tifa's memory crystal have I missed anything?

And yes first thing I did was back up my save to my gamecenter account
Welcome back and buckle yourself in for the ride. Notice a few QoL improvements like the unequip all. There are some competitions too and a mysterious event quest option. Lightning even followed Tifa. Shelga was the real prize there. You'll have to cough up some orbs to craft it now though.

Why I say buckle up? This is alleged to the schedule:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/3hd39f/datamined_schedule_for_the_next_few_events/ said:
August 17: Aerith Event
August 23: Eiko Event
August 31: Rinoa Reissue
September 3: Forbidden Treasures
September 8: Golbez/Tellah Event
Forbidden Treasures being before Golbez is a bit of a dick move if they keep the gacha improvement* to coming out with Golbez.

*-It is fail to get a 5* and you increase chance of getting a 5*. Apparently it only applies to the same type of pull on the same banner and it is unclear how it works for 11 pulls.

Welcome back and buckle yourself in for the ride. Notice a few QoL improvements like the unequip all. There are some competitions too and a mysterious event quest option. Lightning even followed Tifa. Shelga was the real prize there. You'll have to cough up some orbs to craft it now though.

Why I say buckle up? This is alleged to the schedule:
Forbidden Treasures being before Golbez is a bit of a dick move if they keep the gacha improvement* to coming out with Golbez.

*-It is fail to get a 5* and you increase chance of getting a 5*. Apparently it only applies to the same type of pull on the same banner and it is unclear how it works for 11 pulls.

So the only thing I've perm missed is Tifa's mem crystal unless they redo the event/make it a future regular relm reward? Not too bad... only slightly upset cause Tifa is one of the two 5 star weapons I have.

Thanks for the info

Enemy health bars?

8kNGSZ6.png
8kNGSZ6.png

8kNGSZ6.png
8kNGSZ6.png

Razmos

So the only thing I've perm missed is Tifa's mem crystal unless they redo the event/make it a future regular relm reward? Not too bad... only slightly upset cause Tifa is one of the two 5 star weapons I have.

Thanks for the info
In Japan later on there was an event where you got Memory Crystal Shards, and you could use those to get any of the memory crystals you had missed.
Don't know if we'll be getting that, but yeah.

Anyway, I love Beatrix's sprite, and her soul break is pretty swish

Also holy fuck at Garnet's new soul break
That's gonna cause some phones to explode, lmao.

I am so tempted to do a three pull on this banner to try for aeris' ribbon. My plan was 11 pull on the eiko and golbez events (having no five star we one for the two realms) and then three pulls on some of the banner festival banners. I think I'll have close to enough for all that, sitting at 67 right now.

Aeris with three built in soul breaks of stop evil, healing wind, and planet protector would be mean she gets brought to every single challenging battle. Unlike a number of these sbs that are mostly duplicative, aeris' are obviously all so different that one is going to be useful at any given time.

Of course pulling for a specific relic is obviously the road to ruin on this game, but perhaps I should give myself a paid 11 pull, I haven't since June...hmmm. Or I could hold out for the banner festival that the ribbon will be featured in. Oh wait, I'm missing seeing that in the list...

I haven't mastered healing wind yet, can't wait to, the guard stick is such an oddity, a healing sb but poor mnd. She won't touch that thing again and instead take over the 5++ judgment staff for some potent healing/holy moves.

Dumped all 250 of my saved up Mythril on the XIII banner to get Lightning's weapon... no lightning's weapon

I'm out

Kidding of course, I did pull the Kaiser Knuckle, the Keepsake Knife, and the Golden Bangle all 5 star XIII gear so I'm not too upset

Wazzy

Banned
Aeris will bring Red XIII his rightful MC. She has to.

Also I'm not really feeling like doing XIII's boss rush and I'm still deciding if I should beat Odin. I haven't been playing as frequently as usual so I'm just taking my time and not worrying about beating every final event unless it offers something I need.

Good luck to those who will pull! I expect my streak of no 5* on 100 gems pull to reach 15 in about a minute! I am just very happy for Aerith's MC, I have her stick and I couldn't wait to get more use out of her!

Road

6 pulls: 3 FFVI items (because we all lack FFVI synergy), 1 rod
3* Bronze Mace for FFXII...
, another FFVII bracer and 1 4* FFXIII staff.

Mythril down the toilet except for the staff, which I combined to a fake 5* which is now my strongest healer weapon with amazing 75 mind...

Anyway, rocking this awesome party for the event:

nW6PoVaRNoJclrIllVFnLFLFl0e0ofeuzeVEWZOpK3Gr=w300-h872-no

Some crap 3* for my 100 gem pull. I also did a 3-pull and got one 4*. Should have saved my mythril as I wasn't interested in this banner but oh well.

I have some good VII gear already so hopefully this event will be easier on me.

This game must think I really like Danjuros. I just pulled my 3rd one from the 100 gem draw. I was hoping for a FF7 weapon but I guess a 5++ Danjuro will do.

Edit: Just did a 3 pull and got a Crystal sword (along with my 5th solve harp). I now have a 5* weapon in each realm but FF1-3 which is nice.

Mmm already got 2x Guard Stick's from the last event banner 11 pull sad to see it up again with no other new ff7 stuff. Might try and force my way through the event and see what happens.

Falk

that puzzling face
Not feeling this banner. Gonna hoard for Festival/FF4 event.

I'm hoarding all the way to Golbez myself. Feeling good on all other realm synergies and CPU/Babil 2 reminded me how awful my IV gear actually is.

Of course I'm going to 100 gem all the way from now till then, cursing all the way.

Since we now have Vega what is the next "ZOMG I HAVE to have that weapon!" weapon?
Cloud's Organics for sure.

Before that: Rinoa's Rising Sun (2x Quake + Slow), Yuna's Lullaby Rod (Cura + Heavy Regen), Edward's Fabled Harp (Protectga + Heavy Regen), Terra's Minerva corset (AoE Water Atk + Magic buff) and Golbez's Axe (4 Hit Magic -Non-Elemental?- DMG w/ Atk and Mag stats) are all great.

Used 100 gems and rolled Aerith's ribbon.
So, is Aerith better as a healer than Yuna if I don't have Yuna SB?
According to this site, the best white mages (MND stat wise) would be:
#1 - Lenna @ 152 MND
#2 - Aerith, Selphie and Rosa @ 148 MND
#3 - Tellah, Eiko and Y'shtola @ 145 MND
#4 - Yuna and Vanille @ 143 MND

Falk

that puzzling face
(This is coming a little bit from old school MMO theorycrafting)

MND stat only matters for throughput. 19 times out of 20, your heals are going to overheal, or if they don't, the ~5% difference from 5% difference in stats will not matter. It takes stars to align for any one instance of e.g. taking damage, healing, then taking damage again and having HP drop to a single digit (as in, that additional 2 MND saved your ass) and in context of FFRK if that ever happens it's a matter of closing and restarting the app, not a wipe.

tl;dr because of overheal factor and keeping people topped off at 100% much as possible, the returns for MND isn't as concrete as the returns for offensive (ATK/MAG) and defensive (DEF/RES) stats. Where those two will always have an empirical, guaranteed result (increasing damage output, decreasing damage intake, ignoring the 9999 cap for damage obviously), incrementally more MND in most practical cases usually means more overheal.

So to answer the question as to who's a better healer, it boils down to SBs, access to other abilities (especially support, or in many practical cases, sticking a summon in the other slot with summoner RM2 for trash waves) and to a lesser extent, survivability/HP/DEF/RES.

To answer who's a monster @ dishing out Holy damage, on the other hand, yeah, Lenna is God-tier.

edit: And of course, with that in mind (HEHEHEHEH), the difference between 110 MND and 148 MND for healing is massive. Don't get me wrong.

Falk

that puzzling face
Poor-man's PSA: The Mythril Armlet ++ from event edges out most 3*+ FFVII bangles after RS is applied to both. Inclusive of the Shinra Beta + from Sephiroth event. Why? Who knows.

Nohar

Someone on Reddit datamined the dates for the futures events. Here is the list:
  • August 17: Aerith Event
  • August 23: Eiko Event
  • August 31: Rinoa Reissue
  • September 3: Forbidden Treasures (Celebration banners)
  • September 8: Golbez/Tellah Event
Realization in 3, 2, 1...

Yup, we are getting Golbez/Tellah Event after the Celebration. Which means that if they still release it for Golbez/Tellah then we won't get the gacha improvement (+1% to pull a 5* for a banner for each item which isn't a 5*; counter reseted when a 5* is pulled; counter not shared between banners) for the Celebration (whereas that improvement was in effect for the Celebration in Japan, since Golbez/Tellah's event happened before the Celebration). I hope they will release that improvement sooner (ie. for the Celebration), but if they don't, I will be a little mad.

@Falk: I mean no offense, but your avatar self-quoting is getting a little old :x

Someone noticed on this banner the adamant bangle has the rod icon. I did a single pull in the hope of mythril refund for that mistake (if an attack boosting shield gets it than a defence boosting rod should too) and got a 4* Wizard Armlet (FFX). Not bad but at the same time it is not essential either as it is a modest upgrade on Crusader Mask++ while in an FFX relm (unless you want the res in which case the mask wins) though it does completely beat Crusader Cuirass+.

Really should have pulled on the FFVI banner for the gold shield mistake.

Apart from that lightning strikes event done. Brynhidr is daft. Went with tauntaliate strategy, didn't bring power breakdown and so got slashed to death a few times. Like all successful tauntaliate runs a fair amount of gunshot (aka boss does 20k damage to itself) was seen. I can see this being a total pain without a Blazefire sabre though (if we assume non synergy 5* sword does half then I would barely have enough time but not enough abilities to survive).

MicH

Count me in the group of not getting a single 5* from the 100 gems pull. I've done all of those that have been available. I have gotten a few 4* but still not a 5*

Ignore it for the time being: it is Black Orb's day after all. I brought P.Cecil, Warrior of Light and Gordon with me (along with Rydia, who needs to level up a little), I hope to get at least one of their second Materias.

I get very OCD and can't ignore events until I've gotten the crystals :p

MicH

Decided to go back and try to master Bryndhildr one last time... And I mastered it!! I only lost two medals too! Thank god, I can relax now. Just had to tweak my setup just a bit and get just the right start to the battle. Awesome! Glad that's over with

EDIT Wow. I just did the first part of the heroic black power daily and didn't get a single orb. That's a first for me

[Fugo]

I pulled a second Blazefire Sabre o_O
combined and maxed out to level 25, would it be powerful enough with RS against Brynhidr?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom