• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorpal

I just noticed that equipped RM are shown as icons on the far right of the party screen. Nice touch!

OxA07gJ.png

Oh man. I had to use a mythril in the Aerith boss rush because I ran out of retaliate uses (yes it is a lame strategy but it is reliable and safe). I was banking on 2 ethers landing on that ability and got one.

Come to think of it I really shouldn't have thrown the ether down and just taken about 60 turns to win instead.

Oh well, just some stamina away from doing the infuriating Turks battle.

LucaMac

My phone was broken for all but the last few hours of the festival of Gold. Only managed to clear each section once. Sure I didn't lose out on any characters or memory crystals, but it sure feels like I missed out so much more. It was soul destroying seeing how over the moon everybody was on the gaf and I was there screaming at a screen shouting 'What is festival of Gold? What is this I'm missing? WHAT IS IT?'

I've seen people mention a spreadsheet with drop data before. Is someone exporting FFRKI data somewhere? If so, could I get a link to it please? I'm unable to search the database after updating Fiddler.

Turks done and not champion so looks like no Major Summon Orb and no greater holy orbs for me. Could that successful run have gone better? Yeah I had issues of Reno hitting confuse despite being blinded but Rude was very cooperative in not deciding to drench us with Fira at that time. Reno also held off the pyramid spam until the end. Those two things might have eaten that second action medal.

Slowga was the MVP here.

How many S/L did it take? Let's say I went from entering with 0 stamina to leaving with 34 stamina. Was it worth it? You know, I really don't think so.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Any advice on how to do Demon Door if I don't have slowga or a blind soul break? Just save/load over and over again until Dark Buster hits and then retaliate?

Balphon

Any advice on how to do Demon Door if I don't have slowga or a blind soul break? Just save/load over and over again until Dark Buster hits and then retaliate?

That'd be the safest way, but keep in mind that Blind is only really useful for avoiding Demon Rush and won't help much for his other attacks.

Fair enough. lol
Are the mobs on the Demon Door level particularly hard? Can I Quake through some of them?

At least one of the mobs is immune to earth. Maybe two; I can't remember if the other one shows up.

They all hit pretty hard, and both types of dragons have AoE Magic if you run into them.

I blew through at least three hundred stamina today on Mobliz and got ONE Greater Wind Orb.

I really wanted Bladeblitz x6, but I think I'll just manage with what I get from events and such, that's just nonsensical.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That'd be the safest way, but keep in mind that Blind is only really useful for avoiding Demon Rush and won't help much for his other attacks.

At least one of the mobs is immune to earth. Maybe two; I can't remember if the other one shows up.

They all hit pretty hard, and both types of dragons have AoE Magic if you run into them.
Hrm, hopefully I have a way to try to get through the mobs intact enough to be able to use a mythril at the Door.

So assuming I take Advance as a RW, and have shellga and a protectga soul break, if I don't try to blind him, is it more important to try to slow him?

elty

Just beat both + and ++. Lucky enough that not even a single SL needed.

The boss rush is so easy. The first two boss is a push over. Red dragon can be stun locked. Use Lunatic High as RW on Jenova and Demon wall. Slowga is the MVP.

For Reno and Rude I drop SG and Shellga ASAP to mitigate the fira. Slowed both with 3 Slowga, but took 4 dark buster for blind to land. Rude hits for nothing with both SG and Shellga. When SG fade I just use magic breakdown, which is less effective but still good enough against a slowed Rude. By the time blind buster hits it is essentially over.

Road

My Reno & Rude fight (recommend watching at 1.5x speed): https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=bzlaTWlPV25NdDNfZ2dqN2pvTGYwcXp4clFQWlhR
Party setup: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/zb-xFSClRoZasmEG6rSmV1xl0j-trBK0kd1Z76MQIB-A=w491-h872-no

It's nice having 5* offensive RS for a change (Grand Glove and Butterfly Edge) and not being "forced" to use Retaliate. Boss rush was very easy, but these guys still took a few s/l so I could get mitigation before Rude spammed Fira or someone nearly killed Vivi. (Also, I'm so used to all my terrible default soul breaks that I didn't remember to use Tifa's Somersault...).

Changing subjects, FFV Sand Worm elite just randomly hides in a hole. Strong contestant for biggest bullshit mechanic on this game. I mean, the fight is easy as long as RNG doesn't screw you up.

And late, but I'm unlucky ffrk gaf, day one player and I only have 7 from relic draws: Danjuro, Grand Glove, Diamond Sword, Emerald Shield, Butterfly Edge, Zantetsuken and Sanctum Gloves.

Falk

that puzzling face
Are we getting another one??!?!?

Quite far off... about 50-55 days. You get a shit ton of 4* orbs and chance at 5* orbs on top of what FoG generally gave (Orbs replace the upgrade mats)

You can see a distinct difference between people who farmed FoG and people who didn't right now (those of us who did generally have capped characters and egg all new event characters right to 50 because of the stash). In JP even now about 3 months later you can tell who farmed Golden Week and who didn't. The former typically rock 2 (yes, 2) r5 Valefors, etc. I'm planning to sink 30+ Mythril (yes, that's a lot) into the Wind, Summon and Holy stages.

Changing subjects, FFV Sand Worm elite just randomly hides in a hole. Strong contestant for biggest bullshit mechanic on this game. I mean, the fight is easy as long as RNG doesn't screw you up.

Nothing RNG about it. Set speed to 1, wait with everyone at full ATB bars and only select actions after he uses an action. It's not like he's gonna 1shot you without breaks up :p

Road

Nothing RNG about it. Set speed to 1, wait with everyone at full ATB bars and only select actions after he uses an action. It's not like he's gonna 1shot you without breaks up :p

No, it is pure RNG. It's different from the other bosses that change form after a set number of turns. Therefore, you have to do what you say, which makes the fight obnoxiously longer than it ought to be. You also can't get the entire party to move because hiding has no cast time, so it will do so before your 5th attack (or maybe it won't); unless it's slowed (RNG).

Wazzy

Banned
Awwww yissss at the 5 free mythril. Give it to us every day LOL

About to fight Demon Gate. Then I'll be attempting the boss rush lol

Falk

that puzzling face
No, it is pure RNG. It's different from the other bosses that change form after a set number of turns. Therefore, you have to do what you say, which makes the fight obnoxiously longer than it ought to be. You also can't get the entire party to move because hiding has no cast time, so it will do so before your 5th attack (or maybe it won't); unless it's slowed (RNG).

sounds like you need to CLICK FASTER (That's why I said speed 1)

Balphon

Hrm, hopefully I have a way to try to get through the mobs intact enough to be able to use a mythril at the Door.

So assuming I take Advance as a RW, and have shellga and a protectga soul break, if I don't try to blind him, is it more important to try to slow him?

Yeah, slow will probably help you more if you're going to bring physical mitigation. Especially since Demon Rush resets his ATB.

Two questions

1) How do I unlock more classic dungeons after beating the ff1 and ff2 dungeons the game gave me? I don't see new anywhere

2) I know of BM, WM, and Sum, but what other characters are worth egging to 50 and breaking their level for really good record materia? Due to all the events I have a ton of characters in their 30s with crystals I can't use.

Falk

that puzzling face
What's your latest FF1/FF2 dungeons?

Off top of head, Zealot (Bard RM2) is a really good QoL RM for autobattling through easy dungeons, but it won't kill you if you don't have it. One that's very relevant in the meta-of-the-month (Advance/Retaliate) is Josef's Double Hit which lets your caster/healer 'equip' a 2-attack combo for the purposes of retaliate.

What's your latest FF1/FF2 dungeons?

Off top of head, Zealot (Bard RM2) is a really good QoL RM for autobattling through easy dungeons, but it won't kill you if you don't have it. One that's very relevant in the meta-of-the-month (Advance/Retaliate) is Josef's Double Hit which lets your caster/healer 'equip' a 2-attack combo for the purposes of retaliate.

I'm just blind the ff7 lost numbers classic was next.

And I realize I do have WM's crystal, but I feel her always recover a white magic ability is probably the least useful of the 3 mage ones as diara is the strongest white spell I have.

Falk

that puzzling face
Real talk though, if you have Quake, a comfortable way to clear trash is:

Quake round 1
<other BM spell> round 2, autoattack the other
<Diara> round 3, autoattack the other

Juggle around based on RNG and whose ATB is first, of flying creatures, or immunities, or waves of 5 mobs, etc.

Although Diara typically has more uses than the other magic damage spells, so WHM RM2 is still rather redundant. Especially if your WHM is going to spend actions healing during bosses anyway.

I found that fight annoying too. I ended up just using the retaliate strategy. If your retaliator hits a hole, it doesn't trigger the gravity counter attack.

Nohar

I gave up on Joseph's RM2. I don't see myself spending stamina to farm it. Either it will drop eventually when I complete Classic and Elite paintings, either it won't. Well, we also get an FFII Event dungeon in a few months (banner 54, assuming it won't be skipped), so that will be one more occasion to drop it.

Frankly, I would appreciate DeNa changing the requirement from "FF II dungeons" to "Any dungeons" for Joseph.

Also, Free Mythril! Currently sitting on 230 Mythril ATM.

And one 4* Ice Orb. I usually get 2 to 3 Greater Orbs per day if I just run the Orb dungeon.

Now, serious questions: up until now, I mainly relied on 3* abilities and spells. However, it seems that maybe it is time to finally hone my 4* spells to at least R3. I can do this with Waterja (easy to hone, not much enemies resist it). But I also need the Breakdowns (sadly, I have no useful ranged character, leaving only Tyro and eventually Quistis acting as a Black Mage useful to that purpose). Magic Breakdown is already R3, and I could hone one other Breakdown to R3, but after that I will be out of NE-Greater Orbs, and it is not like those are easy to drop. Not to mention we will get Power and Armor Steal in the future. Hmmm, decisions...
Usually I follow The Great Ability Compendium, but I'm open to suggestions.

Forgot about Diaga, which I can easily hone to R3, though I'm not so sure my dedicated WHM will have the time to cast it on most fights (and during boss rushes the second slot if more often than not taken by Shellga or Boost).

Also: we need those Heroic+ daily dungeons. Really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom