• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negator

Oh man, I'm so far behind. still have to do EX++ in Eiko and haven't even touched the new dungeons. I guess I can mindlessly auto attack FF8 while at work.

Wazzy

Banned
Y'all gonna fucking hate me for the pull I just did.

I only did one 11 pull and saw heaven.
8VrlHWd.jpg

CEQbtbM.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Dumb question - is it worth upgrading the flail to 5* or having two at 4*?

I'm probably not going to do any pulls for a long, long time (it's clear that the orb event/Sunday experience dungeons are the best use for mythril), so I'm not sure what to prioritize here in terms of rods.

Falk

that puzzling face
Dumb question - is it worth upgrading the flail to 5* or having two at 4*?

I think it's best to combine it. The flail as a weapon category is kind of lackluster for pure MAG stat to begin with. What other caster weapons do you have atm? (Everyone has a Light Rod too)

I can't hate you because I'm really just amazed at how your love for FFVIII controls the gacha like fucking Neo controls the Matrix

rofl

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think it's best to combine it. The flail as a weapon category is kind of lackluster for pure MAG stat to begin with. What other caster weapons do you have atm? (Everyone has a Light Rod too)

rofl
Not much, 4 star wise I have the aformentioned light rod, the flail, and the mythril rod. I have the Thunder Rod and Stardust Rod at 3 star, so I really don't have much unfortunately. It seemed nice to have another 4* rod, but I guess if it's not that good anyway...

Falk

that puzzling face
Not much, 4 star wise I have the aformentioned light rod, the flail, and the mythril rod. I have the Thunder Rod and Stardust Rod at 3 star, so I really don't have much unfortunately. It seemed nice to have another 4* rod, but I guess if it's not that good anyway...

3*+ flail is 98 MAG in FFVIII realm. It's not bad, but near nowhere near as useful without realm synergy. With your other stuff right now, I think beefing up overall (hence a 3++) rather than just in FFVIII is the wiser choice but it's a hard decision.

Road

Did three pulls and got some two 3* and one 4*, which I combined to fake 5*, which is still useless because it's from FFVI, where I already have two Zantetsuken. At least they can look golden in my inventory.

*looks at Wazzy's pull* Yep...

My best rod is still Light Rod, so, at least until I assess the ex boss fights, I'm gonna keep the Flail separated just in case I need two mages nuking the Rinoa event.

Random, they added a new monk skill in Japan, which is the worst class in the game... But it's a 5* skill lol Like that's gonna make people rush to use monks.

And Edgar's new Drill (Spear type weapon) has +20 DEF stat in Japan. I think it's the first weapon to do such.

MicH

My 100 gem pull got me a shitty 3* rod I already have a ++ version of. Did a three pull and got the Sheepskin Coat (awesome!) and my THIRD freaking Minotaur Plate. Combined one so I have a 5+ and a 5*. Not bad I guess

Falk

that puzzling face
My 100 gem pull got me a shitty 3* rod I already have a ++ version of. Did a three pull and got the Sheepskin Coat (awesome!) and my THIRD freaking Minotaur Plate. Combined one so I have a 5+ and a 5*. Not bad I guess

"not bad"

:(

SunGod

As I only use eggs on characters going from Lv1-50 (and sometimes to finish off 64-65) this and the Aerith event have been pretty awesome (I had all four characters at Lv50/65 already so have simply saved all the eggs up)

Tellah and Golbez shall be going straight to Lv50 for sure (as Leon and Dragoon did)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
3*+ flail is 98 MAG in FFVIII realm. It's not bad, but near nowhere near as useful without realm synergy. With your other stuff right now, I think beefing up overall (hence a 3++) rather than just in FFVIII is the wiser choice but it's a hard decision.

My best rod is still Light Rod, so, at least until I assess the ex boss fights, I'm gonna keep the Flail separated just in case I need two mages nuking the Rinoa event.

Hrm, maybe I'll just keep them separated for now. What is the chance that they'd repeat the Quistis/Selphie event and toss in another two Flails down the line?

Razmos

Wow, Gilgamesh has both Knight and Samurai abilities? he can use Draw Fire and then Retaliate, does he finally dethrone Cloud?

Hrm, maybe I'll just keep them separated for now. What is the chance that they'd repeat the Quistis/Selphie event and toss in another two Flails down the line?

The next viii event is something like 11 events down the line and focused on squall seifer and zell, so I doubt it has the flail included.

http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/events/

If I were you id combine them, it is not a weapon that has utility outside of rs viii even as a fully combined rod. The sacrifice of mag to atk is what kills it, the free ix stardust rod at only 3+ has the same mag in non rs realms as the 3++ flail. Further, the various farmable or event 2++ rods are stronger with rs than the flail in their own realms. So I'd max one and keep the other in case someday there are more provided, at least until you land a couple five star rods. Fwiw, the maxed flail has more mag in viii than my only five star rod, the guard stick, but that only was reached when it was fully maxed.

Vorpal

Random, they added a new monk skill in Japan, which is the worst class in the game... But it's a 5* skill lol Like that's gonna make people rush to use monks.

I'll be pumped when Raging Thrust (the Monk 5* ability) comes over here. I already use a monk in almost every party setup, depending on RS. They provide some really nice utility between access to ranged attacks, instant KO attacks, and packing a heal + Boost in Chakra. They're like an offensive counterbalance to Knights, and having both classes on the team means I don't use healers nearly as often.

There's a comment on the JP FFRK site about Raging Thrust averaging 4800 x 5 against a single target. If that's true, there's your de facto break damage limit ability.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The next viii event is something like 11 events down the line and focused on squall seifer and zell, so I doubt it has the flail included.

http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/events/

If I were you id combine them, it is not a weapon that has utility outside of rs viii even as a fully combined rod. The sacrifice of mag to atk is what kills it, the free ix stardust rod at only 3+ has the same mag in non rs realms as the 3++ flail. Further, the various farmable or event 2++ rods are stronger with rs than the flail in their own realms. So I'd max one and keep the other in case someday there are more provided, at least until you land a couple five star rods. Fwiw, the maxed flail has more mag in viii than my only five star rod, the guard stick, but that only was reached when it was fully maxed.

I'm just worried about when I need to field more than 2 black mages (like the end boss for this event). Then again, I don't have the spells required to beat that anyway so maybe it's a cart before the horse thing.

broz0rs

I downloaded FFRK on another device so that I can transfer my main account to it. I had to go through the tutorial in order to get to the menu and the first pull I get is a friggin 5* Blitz Sword (VIII). I don't have a 5* sword in my main account. Now I'm hesitant to override this new account lol

I downloaded FFRK on another device so that I can transfer my main account to it. I had to go through the tutorial in order to get to the menu and the first pull I get is a friggin 5* Blitz Sword (VIII). I don't have a 5* sword in my main account. Now I'm hesitant to override this new account lol

Looks like almost everyone doing the tutorial now gets one of the basic 5* weapon. My wife did it last week and got a crappy 3* but I saw some posts on Reddit where tons of people doing the tutorial got one. Maybe they changed it in the past few days or they just upped the chance of a 5* by a lot.

Falk

that puzzling face
Speaking of mock parties, I was all "FYEAAAH FULL FFVIII LV65 INCLUDING BREAKDOWNS"

And then I realized no summoner.

Well, goodbye Quistis, your magic stat sucks anyway.

MicH

Well, one of my mutual follower from NeoGAF already equipped the AoE-Sleep armor.

MicH, I like you man.
Haha, no problem. Sounds like it will be a big help in the EX++ fight

I didn't know what stats influence that type of SBs do I just put up Selphie with some mind accessory

Balphon

Haha, no problem. Sounds like it will be a big help in the EX++ fight

I didn't know what stats influence that type of SBs do I just put up Selphie with some mind accessory

MND is generally the stat for debuff duration, so you guessed right.

Yogg

Got lucky on a 5-mythril pull and got the sleep armor.

Is there still a spreadsheet maintained for friend codes? I know there was one but I'm honestly to scared about reading through ~200 pages to find it :( Otherwise I'll just edit it in this post, apparently it's going to be "quite useful for the EX++ this event", didn't lookup the details.

Razmos

Got lucky on a 5-mythril pull and got the sleep armor.

Is there still a spreadsheet maintained for friend codes? I know there was one but I'm honestly to scared about reading through ~200 pages to find it :( Otherwise I'll just edit it in this post, apparently it's going to be "quite useful for the EX++ this event", didn't lookup the details.
I have it bookmarked :p

Quote to reveal

scosher

I just threw 180 mythril and $60 for five 11 pulls to finally get Rinoa's weapon. I complained about the absurd pricing preventing impulse buying but goddamn I really wanted Rinoa's unique. It doesn't even feel satisfying anymore having it after spending that much on it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I just threw 180 mythril and $60 for five 11 pulls to finally get Rinoa's weapon. I complained about the absurd pricing preventing impulse buying but goddamn I really wanted Rinoa's unique. It doesn't even feel satisfying anymore having it after spending that much on it.

heh the hilarious thing is her weapon will be outmoded in a few months because of the general power curve, like everything else we're using right now lol.

Kenai

I have been limiting my money spending to the $1 relic pulls usually but even I paid money during the Diamond Pin event trying to get it. I did get generic FF7 5*s so it wasn't a total waste but it immediately made me feel like sh*t (no Pin either so I can't in good conscience use Red 13 much at all, which sucks).

So when I see an event I know will be tempting (Soul Break Celebration) I just vow to hoard my Mythril for it and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom