• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/orb-dungeon/

Mid October best guess

tl:dr, 4* orbs, summon orbs, and 4* summon orbs in abundance. 5* semi-farmable, enough that it's worth dropping Mythril for stamina refreshes.

I've got 200 Mythril with Orb Dungeon written on them. Gonna walk out of there with 2 r5 Valefors, and seeing how far I can go with Meteor/Full Break.

MicH

But one of the guys in the upcoming EX++ absorbs lightning do I don't wanna hone Ramuh for that. I'll hone Shiva first :p

Falk

that puzzling face
But one of the guys in the upcoming EX++ absorbs lightning do I don't wanna hone Ramuh for that. I'll hone Shiva first :p

Fair enough. I'm rocking r3 Valefor and r2 Phoenix for that. Summoner also gonna be the one using Sheepskin friend summon, so 5 casts should be 'enough' that the boss is almost over.

Summon lists, whoo!

Valefor R2 (Just got enough GNEOs for R3, so I'll probably spend them here instead of R3-ing Power breakdown, since that won't be important for the next couple of dungeons)
Shiva R4
Carbuncle R2
Kirin R4

I'll probably start honing Ramuh now, since lightning seems more useful than fire overall. Sorry Ifrit!

Friended back the GAFfers I saw who added me.

Vorpal

Nice write up! I don't think it can be overstated how helpful the Orb Fest will be, or any similar pinata-type events. I still have Flanicide and the Golden Saucer to thank for 85% of my roster being level capped and much of my gear being at full strength. I suspect the Orb Fest will have similar ripple effects. For players who missed those other events, going whole hog on the Orb Fest (i.e. saving a bunch of mythril for stamina refreshes) would be a really solid strategy.

In terms of efficiency, the benefit of leaving that event with a pile of levels, gil, and hones will far outweigh any single banner relic.

Not that people should feel like they have to take the MOST efficient route at every turn, but yeah, Orb Fest et al help out big time.

If no retaliate is a challenge run now I should start recording everything I do.

Dooo iiit!

Fucking finally

tA1n6aq.jpg

Razmos

Apparently THE VOID Exdeath and Jecht are the next characters in the JP version, surprisingly.

Along with orb conversion and ability recycling coming on the 10th and Yuna's Super Soul Break

Nohar

Frankly, seeing the villains becoming playable isn't so surprising. I mean, they were playable in Dissidia after all. The only real oddity is Reno.

OMG Jecht, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssss.

We're definitely getting all the Dissidia villains eventually I'd say, so that means Gabranth most likely too! :D

Though again, will it be Edea (who was in another mobile game as playable), Ultimecia, or both???

Razmos

Eh, There's no reason there can't be both. They are distinctly different characters with different looks, as well as the fact that one is a playable party member and the other is the main villain.

Also the game seems to be pulling from Dissidia quite a lot. Warrior of Light and Firion are in their Dissidia looks and they hinted at Exdeath by using his "THE VOID" meme from the game.

Chances are Ultimecia will be based on her Dissidia incarnation.

Falk

that puzzling face
The Tetsuya Nomura autographed Cloud figure promotion labeled him as FFRK's art director, so I wouldn't be surprised.

LucaMac

Waheey! Luneth and Paladin Cecils RMs dropped at the same time in the daily. Thats all currently available RMs for me now. Cecil was the one that dragged out the most for me...then Garnet. That was painful too but luckily the Eiko event assisted there.

I think part of my frustration is just realizing that the orb wall is one that is essentially insurmountable. Like, I don't even have time to do the paintings because you have to either grind the daily dungeons or do the event in order to keep up with the demands of the next event, where you need some new ability that you've never used before in order to defeat it. It just seems like something that older players don't have to deal with.

I've been playing since day 1 and I still feel constantly behind on orbs :/

Azusa

Mastered Seifer elite easily with this no-retaliate team. But Yuna was so useless in the boss fight after she cast slowga. Her diara did only 1900 dmg while Selphie diaga did twice as much. Rinoa and Quistis biora dmg was around 6500 and Irvine did negligible 2k but provided a good support.

I don't think this party is good enough for boss rush. I'll use retaliate and some spells\support as always.

Razmos

Halfway through this run of the daily dungeon and I remembered why I don't fucking do these things anymore.

Stupid dragon things spamming sandstorm, all having enough health to avoid being one-hit-ko'd, doing stupid amounts of damage and only getting 3* orbs and pretty much wasting your stamina.

Fuck these things, I'll go back to doing events.

Road

This event elites were calm before the storm I guess. TRex and Seifer did practically nothing the entire fight (paralyze/sleep). Iguions were allowed to attack, but were quickly destroyed by an Angel Wing Quake Roaming Warrior. Didn't even bother to bring Curaga for Seifer and Iguion. I was tempted to not even bring Irvine to fight Seifer and go full mage, but I didn't know if I was going to master it without those medals.

On the summon subject, I still have mine all on r1, but the ex++ fight against three bosses with 100k hp each might be what pushes me over the edge to hone them.

Video: Seifer / Iguions
Oe1WXdadW6N9vf6X-d-Dpnd7WS7_yrBNEPTs64TZgxAy=w350-h860-no
MC9npfsQ6Au1Ka16_mxM3e7GDLYtqM-PhogJq0ZXz05o=w350-h860-no

Red Mage

So, as someone who has never played FFXIV, should I consider saving for a 10 pull on their banner or no? I.E. is everyone excited about it because they love the game, or are the pulls really that great?

Mastered Seifer elite easily with this no-retaliate team. But Yuna was so useless in the boss fight after she cast slowga. Her diara did only 1900 dmg while Selphie diaga did twice as much. Rinoa and Quistis biora dmg was around 6500 and Irvine did negligible 2k but provided a good support.

I don't think this party is good enough for boss rush. I'll use retaliate and some spells\support as always.

I see VVV

Razmos

So, as someone who has never played FFXIV, should I consider saving for a 10 pull on their banner or no? I.E. is everyone excited about it because they love the game, or are the pulls really that great?
Thancred's weapon is a dagger with 109 Attack (higher than most swords) that has a 4-hit powerful soul break that also lowers defense.
Y'Shtola's weapon is a staff (so good for any white mage) that has a Sentinel Grimoire-like Soul Break.

They also both have a second relic. Thancred's Light Armour, which does AoE damage and slows, and Y'shtola's robes, which heals the entire party and has clears all status ailments.

So those 4 soul breaks are pretty awesome and the banner also has a Sword, a Rod and a Bow

Thancred's weapon is a dagger with 109 Attack (higher than most swords) that has a 4-hit powerful soul break that also lowers defense.
Y'Shtola's weapon is a staff (so good for any white mage) that has a Sentinel Grimoire-like Soul Break.

They also both have a second relic. Thancred's Light Armour, which does AoE damage and slows, and Y'shtola's robes, which heals the entire party and has clears all status ailments.

So those 4 soul breaks are pretty awesome and the banner also has a Sword, a Rod and a Bow

Hot damn. Sounds like a pretty sweet banner.

Nohar

Celebration banners are coming very soon (in 24 to 48 hours?). The first one will be Yuna (Lullaby Rod), Cloud (Hardedge), Quistis and Leon (Armor).

Pros:
  • 2 mage weapons, including a Whip, which is a very rare weapon type.
  • 1 FFVII sword, which is useful if you lack FFVII synergy.
  • 4 kind of armors, making this banner very interesting if you lack armors in general. Not a single one of these armors is a shield! The Bracer has a Shared Shellga SB, making it quite interesting.
  • Leon's Soul Break is a full party +30% ATK and DEF buff, and it stacks with Boost and Planet Protector.
  • Yuna's SB is an AoE heal with the added effect of granting Regen (Strong) to everyone, making it quite useful for boss rushes and most elite paintings.
Cons:
  • Only a few characters can use whips at all, including Tyro, Rydia and Quistis. Krile will be able to equip those when she is released.
  • Hardedge's SB is so-so, since it is mono-hit. Better than nothing though.
  • Yuna's SB is useless for challenges in which you must avoid taking damages and in which mitigation is key, such as EX++ fights. SBs which grant status buffs are more interesting.

elty

So the festival of gold v2 is tomorrow? I guess I need to stop farming beatrix now.

What a shame, I couldn't get a single major orb to drop and I mostly get 3* for like 25 runs.

elty

It's not Festival of Gold. It's a different event.

Also how rich are you after 25 runs lol
I think I started at 1 million and now about 5. So I guess I did more than 25 runs.

And I didn't even finish Rinoa classic yet. I think I just beeline to her memory crystal.

MicH

Leon's relic sounds great. Really wish I got Aerith's ribbon. That one is crazy good too. Not really sure if I wanna pull for that banner. I already have the Viking Coat and two a Shellga armors. The unique SB relics are great thiugh

Just pulled my first natural 5* since the last FF8 event (where I got Selphie's unique) off the FF8 banner; it's not character-unique, but is a 5* gun that has a unique SB. I lacked any hard-hitting ranged weapons, so I'm happy with that, especially because it came off a single 5 mythril pull on a whim. I'm saving the rest of my stack of 150+ mythril for the big SB event.

broz0rs

Do Soul Break celebrations have higher rates? I'm wondering why there's such an excitement for these banners when it involves older relics.

Do Soul Break celebrations have higher rates? I'm wondering why there's such an excitement for these banners when it involves older relics.

I think for a lot of people the excitement comes out of one banner having 5 or more SB equipments attached, whereas the average banner (say the current FF8 one) has one or two character-specific ones and that's it. As such people know there's more potential SB outcomes from any one draw.

Nohar

If we don't get the gacha improvement that Japan had when that celebration was up, I'm going to be a little salty.
I'll probably hone Valefor to R3. I just hope I'm not making a mistake: GNE are rather scarce.

Wazzy

Banned
I'll pass on pulling on that banner. I want Quistis's whip but I'll wait for a bit until I try for it. I want to focus on the future Zell, Squall and Seifer banner.

Eiko is the first event in awhile where I've skipped last boss and boss rushes. I was so busy with PAX I only got up to the last boss and then Rinoa event came out so I wanted to focus on that. I'll blast through it and then play catch up on classics.

I think I'm done with Beatrix, though there is just enough time for two more shots for me.

3 majors and something like 15-16 of greaters and regulars. sitting on 6.7m Gil, after dropping a fair amount honing valefor from 1 to 3 and comet from 4 to 5 and a few other more minor honings. I had a couple great runs, three greaters in a row, two majors to start, a major and two greaters in a row today, I think I'm over it. Not too shabby.

Falk

that puzzling face
p.s. you have more Majors than I have 5* armor

Think about that for a minute.

Assuming half all 5*s are weapons and half are armor, it's roughly 5% chance to pull a 5* armor every time you drop 5 Mythril (+10% for 11-pulling). MNEOs have roughly 5% chance.

Playing from launch, 2 5* armor

Run Beatrix++ X number of times, 3 MNEO

p.s. you have more Majors than I have 5* armor

Think about that for a minute.

Assuming half all 5*s are weapons and half are armor, it's roughly 5% chance to pull a 5* armor every time you drop 5 Mythril (+10% for 11-pulling). MNEOs have roughly 5% chance.

Playing from launch, 2 5* armor

Run Beatrix++ X number of times, 3 MNEO

I think that shows it is easier to outwork and outgrind bad rng luck than merely relying and buying on relic pulls. Granted 3 major orbs doesn't actually get me anywhere without a lot more work put in elsewhere, but the 13 gneos are useable right away if needed.

LucaMac

Beatrix ends tonight then yes? May get a few more runs in before then so. I'm at two majors, three normal and the rest greater after about 10 or so runs. Gravitated back towards stamina shards, Rinoa event and Black orb day. Considering what has been a very lucky run I'm a bit annoyed that it's ending and I wasn't paying attention. I was doing 2-3 runs a day along with everything else and it didn't get too tedious. Doing it continuously may have been I guess.

So I'll use up all my stamina until it goes completing run after run to see how much I can get...from about two runs...that shits not cheap.

Edit: Looks like I'll only get one run in. Another GNEO though. Cheers Beatrix. You'll be missed.

Ashodin

Phew, went back and mastered Boss Rush + Beatrix fully. Feels good to get a strat off of reddit and just GO. I had to spend two mythril on final beatrix, but it was worth it. Need to hone MOAR STUFF

Razmos

On a related note I also beat Beatrix. I couldn't master her final difficulty but I don't mind that much.

I haven't fully completed an event since.. the one before the Tidus event, so i'm pretty happy about that.

Yogg

I decided to catch up on the classic dungeons lately. I'm now sitting at 127 stam +2, with just the last dungeon of FF2 and FF1 left. I'm so glad to be almost done with that ! Some of those dungeons are the worst thing. I'll try to get my bioras honed for the EX++ boss now.

If you need a sleeping gas RW, my code is eDAi .

Red Mage

I'll pass on pulling on that banner. I want Quistis's whip but I'll wait for a bit until I try for it. I want to focus on the future Zell, Squall and Seifer banner.

Eiko is the first event in awhile where I've skipped last boss and boss rushes. I was so busy with PAX I only got up to the last boss and then Rinoa event came out so I wanted to focus on that. I'll blast through it and then play catch up on classics.

I'm going to do the dollar pull for each. Do the banners change every two days?

MicH

For the first time ever I'm out of Dark orbs which I need to hone my second Biora to R4. Too bad that daily is Friday when the Forbidden Treasures event starts :/

Red Mage

For the first time ever I'm out of Dark orbs which I need to hone my second Biora to R4. Too bad that daily is Friday when the Forbidden Treasures event starts :/

I thought it starts tomorrow?

Anyhow, I have Edgar set up for Seifer's Ex++. It is physical damage, so use it early or after sleep has worn off.

GBHf

Edgar with Blitz blade, VIII Hyper wrist, and emerald bracer (+20 ATK). Hope he's helpful.

MicH

I thought it starts tomorrow?

Anyhow, I have Edgar set up for Seifer's Ex++. It is physical damage, so use it early or after sleep has worn off.

GBHf

Edgar with Blitz blade, VIII Hyper wrist, and emerald bracer (+20 ATK). Hope he's helpful.
Oh right. I'm in Europe so it's Friday for me :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom