• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roto13

Does your primary double slash guy often use his second slot? Otherwise 2 x 2 makes more sense than 1 x 4 since it's way more versatile if you need 2x burst for a boss or something.

His second slot is Blade Bash so he wouldn't miss it. Guess I'll make a second one.

Phew got the last less dark/black orb that I needed for my level 2 thundara, just need 2 more lesser lightning orbs and I should be pretty good. Still got 3 more sections of Shinra left feel pretty good about finishing it before the deadline.

Clunker

Playing complete edition on my vita as we speak. Forgot how pretty it was... definitely my favorite version.

I've bought this and literally only ever booted it just to check it out -- I've played through FFIV a dozen-plus times so I picked it up when it went on sale a year or two back. Really torn between starting it up there or on iOS, though I still have my GBA and DS copies as well.

FFIV is my Ocarina -- I'll buy it and play it as many times as possible. I didn't even know it was released on Steam, but I'll pick it up there when it goes on sale too.

In Record Keeper news, I'm so close that I'll just wait for the mega-pull sometime tomorrow when I finally hit 50 mythril. Part of me wants to actually wait until the Shinra event ends on the slim chance I accidentally get Sephiroth's or Tifa's 5-star weapons...think I mostly just want Cecil in action.

I think the other reason I'm also constantly thinking about FFIV in particular with Record Keeper is because this reminds me of the wacky change they added to the lunar dungeon in the GBA version which lets you swap out to any other existing characters. I never really tinkered around with that option -- it always felt vaguely sacrilegious to not have the "real" final party roll deep into the moon.

Ashodin

Are you talking in FFIV for real or in Record Keeper?

In FFIV Cecile starts in the Dark Knight class and has access to a special dark ability that allows him to sacrifice some of his hp to do an all enemy attack (in the DS version I believe it drains his health but gives him a strength boost). About 1/3 of the way though the game Cecile is told he must rid the darkness within him or he'll never be able to beat the bad guy, so he climbs Mt Ordeals and becomes a Paladin by facing himself. As a paladin Cecile loses the dark ability and instead gains access to the guard ability (defend in place of weak allies) and white magic while being reverted back to level 1 but with better stat growths.

In Record Keeper you'll have to ask someone else

Edit: Also for the Record in the non DS versions of the game I feel like Paladin Cecile is a huge downgrade as the dark special ability is WAAAAAAY better then the guard and white magic abilities. Even in the areas where Cecile is your only healer he's not a very good healer.

IMO Cecil's MAG stat should have risen with his ATK stat. And also he should have gotten Holy. Or Holy Blade or somethin'.

Does your primary double slash guy often use his second slot? Otherwise 2 x 2 makes more sense than 1 x 4 since it's way more versatile if you need 2x burst for a boss or something.

I have PLD Cecil with insane MND stat, he heals like a baws if need be while doing damn good DPS. (Runeblade ftw)

Now that cecil's are out, what is the real optimal party?

I'm Currently running

MC
Kain
Rydia
White Mage
Tidus

I feel like I would like to remove the MC and Kain and replace them with Paladin Cecil and Sephiroth, but then I know people don't seem to like white mage, but I refuse to imagine a world in which I can't use prayer.

What does everyone run? I'm really getting sick of MC, considering how bad he is at everything. At the very least he is done.

What are the best areas to farm swords? I am still using non + gear as I have one Bastard and Greatsword. Level 28 Cloud & Tidus hitting for 200+ is weaksauce.

JPS Kai

Finally decided to take on Rufus without getting double cut/dark attack but Rydia had two thundara. Ended up scraping by, but at least that's one less thing on my list.

XJF

Is there a way to see the synergy bonus on weapons when equipping them? It's kind of a pain in the ass to have to remember the stats on it and compare to what I originally had on.

thedan001

Is there a way to see the synergy bonus on weapons when equipping them? It's kind of a pain in the ass to have to remember the stats on it and compare to what I originally had on.

It sucks having to recheck synergy stats while comparing equipment

Maybe this will help, it's limited to basic gear atm altho :/
Max level equipment synergy

(edit) It's from reddit's megathread spreadsheet links

Prototype

Any ideas from those who have the Japanese version of what we should expect next?

Like, what should I be preparing? Seems like thunder and fire already had a go, will ice attacks be a focal point in the next event? And other general stuff like that.

Figured, why not get ready now? I've totally mastered the FF4 event.

Ashodin

I feel like, with the Japanese events ahead of us, we can prepare way better than they could, meaning we stomp events when they happen.

Negator

Personally I would prepare for the FF7 event. I'm pretty sure
Aeris is next.
It fits both in the chronological order of Japanese releases as well as FF7 being popular in North America.
We also don't have a real healer type character, so it also works for balancing out all our teams.

Prototype

I feel like, with the Japanese events ahead of us, we can prepare way better than they could, meaning we stomp events when they happen.

Exactly ^^

Personally I would prepare for the FF7 event. I'm pretty sure
Aeris is next.
It fits both in the chronological order of Japanese releases as well as FF7 being popular in North America.
We also don't have a real healer type character, so it also works for balancing out all our teams.
So thunder strikes/thundaga again? I can live with that. Will free me up to get everyone honed double cut.

Rosur

Funny that folks here have never played FFIV to me...this game relies a lot on nostalgia.

Yea does seem it though it is making me want to go back and play the older FF (only played X/ X-2, XIII (but never finished as didn't like) and about 1/2 of VI.
Wish I could play the games on my PS4...

My team is now level 20/21 and got the boss to unlock Cecil (dark knight) to do later.

Anko

Finally hit 50 mythril.
Did my 11 pull.

It's a fucking sea of black orbs.

1 gold in a sea of black orbs.

I have the worst fucking luck ever with gacha... KanColle is the only game that loves meeeee.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Finally hit 50 mythril.
Did my 11 pull.

It's a fucking sea of black orbs.

1 gold in a sea of black orbs.

I have the worst fucking luck ever with gacha... KanColle is the only game that loves meeeee.

Lol...I said so earlier in the thread. With 11 straight pulls, there's always a chance of getting a huge string of disappointment as compare to 10 individual bad pulls on different days.

Is it worth getting waterega? Not really using anything outside of thubdaga, the occasional attack up and the sword bash for attacks.

Shahed

At first I thought the Stamina was pretty generous since I was just going through the main content and the low requirements. Also regularly got shards to boost my total. Now that I'm finished and trying to progress to the latter stages of Shinra while also farming orbs for the likes of Cura, Thundara, Jump and Double Cut, I'm pretty much constantly out of Stamina trying to get the abilities and then take down Shinra :(

Just unlocked Sephiroth! My levels area little low so it was getting tough towards the end, but I'm happy to have Seph. I'm really enjoying this game. For longtime FF fans it's quite a nostalgia trip.

marrec

Banned
Yes, beat the second flying guy in Shinra. I think I might actually get Seph before the event ends. I can see the light at the end of this 10 stamina tunnel.

End of the fight I had Tyro just throwing his Chakram at the dude over and over again doing 170 damage each time and just praying that I didn't get wiped.

Didn't even get a KO though cause I grew up on the mean streets of real FF so this ain't nuthin.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yes, beat the second flying guy in Shinra. I think I might actually get Seph before the event ends. I can see the light at the end of this 10 stamina tunnel.

End of the fight I had Tyro just throwing his Chakram at the dude over and over again doing 170 damage each time and just praying that I didn't get wiped.

Didn't even get a KO though cause I grew up on the mean streets of real FF so this ain't nuthin.

Rufus is a bitch. Just be prepared.

Redid Cecil just so I could get Mastery... poor guy only took 2 Fira from Rydia and he was toast. Today's daily being FFIV means I'll get the hard completion for it as well. Every character has FFIV armor and the two Cecils are pretty damn amazing... still debating whether Pally Cecil is good enough as a healer for now to keep him in so I have an additional front line damager....

Already have Cecils up to 26 and 22 respectively. Dark Knight cecil got all the eggs... but I found going to Mt Ordeals 5th area just the two Cecils in full FF4 gear not only could clear things super fast on their own, but their boosted XP gain is so crazy you reach level 20 in no time.

Now to play some FFIV complete till I pass out. Night all.

garath

I don't know how it happened but suddenly I have 10 mythril. Guess this event was pretty generous and I've been clearing the hard dungeons for the first time this week.

I guess I'll save them. Or get some equipment slots or something. I don't have any luck with these things so it'll just be more 3* garbage to clog my inventory.

I don't know how it happened but suddenly I have 10 mythril. Guess this event was pretty generous and I've been clearing the hard dungeons for the first time this week.

I guess I'll save them. Or get some equipment slots or something. I don't have any luck with these things so it'll just be more 3* garbage to clog my inventory.

You may luck out and get 2 of the same 3* garbage though and then you'll get a 4* of slightly less garbage variety!

garath

Shahed

I only needed 2 L. wind Orbs for double cut and then back to Shinra. 40 Stamina gone I've gotten loads of weapons and Black and and Earth orbs. No wind :(

What do you even need Earth for? And just to make sure. Imperial Camp does drop Wind right?

StMeph

Who is everyone sticking Dark Attack on? Tyro, Tidus, or Wakka?

I don't like any of those characters (or their stats), but still want to have Dark Attack available. Guess I might have to drop it/them, and only sub in when it's necessary for a boss or for exploiting Mastery awards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom