• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Should I be bothering to use Tyro? Jack of all trades, master of none. I feel like he'd be better off replaced with another heavy hitter.

If you ditch Tyro you need White Mage for healing, which significantly lowers your damage potential since you'll be left with three physical attacks... or you can ditch Rydia and have White Mage, but then you have limited elemental capability...

Prototype

Should I be bothering to use Tyro? Jack of all trades, master of none. I feel like he'd be better off replaced with another heavy hitter.
I got rid of him. Running kain, cloud, today, white mage and black mage.

Cloud can use spell sword abilities so it helps put with elemental weaknesses.

Roto13

I got rid of him. Running kain, cloud, today, white mage and black mage.

Cloud can use spell sword abilities so it helps put with elemental weaknesses.

Today. :p

Yeah, that's what I've been considering. Replace him with Cloud, then cross my fingers for a buster sword. White Mage's Pray makes her a better healer. If I need a healer, I probably need one every turn or two anyway. Having a dedicated one is fine.

Shouta

You'll want to get him to 50 eventually. Being able to use all skills is really important and you can make up for his stats a bit with gear. When Record Materia becomes available for everyone (if it isn't already), you'll want to get his, which increases the damage dealt when you hit a weakness.

Prototype

Today. :p

Yeah, that's what I've been considering. Replace him with Cloud, then cross my fingers for a buster sword. White Mage's Pray makes her a better healer. If I need a healer, I probably need one every turn or two anyway. Having a dedicated one is fine.
Oh lol, tidus haha. Predictive text strikes again.

Roto13

You'll want to get him to 50 eventually. Being able to use all skills is really important and you can make up for his stats a bit with gear. When Record Materia becomes available for everyone (if it isn't already), you'll want to get his, which increases the damage dealt when you hit a weakness.

So he'll be more useful later? Baaaah, I guess i'll stick with the little turd, then.

Shouta

So he'll be more useful later? Baaaah, I guess i'll stick with the little turd, then.

He'll be useful in certain instances where you need to use specific skills for harder fights. His Record Materia can be equipped on anyone above Level 50 but the MC has to be above 50 to get it in the first place and then you have to fight with him in dungeons to get the second version of it.

Road

So, after finishing the classic dungeons, is it pretty much pay or wait two hours for each dungeon run if you want to grind?

I guess I'll go back to Final Fantasy Legends Toki no Suishou for my mobile FF fix. At least I can mindlessly grind for hours before hitting a stamina road block.

Record Keeper is worth checking again in a few months when they'll have added more classic dungeons.

Yaari

So, after finishing the classic dungeons, is it pretty much pay or wait two hours for each dungeon run if you want to grind?

I guess I'll go back to Final Fantasy Legends Toki no Suishou for my mobile FF fix. At least I can mindlessly grind for hours before hitting a stamina road block.

Record Keeper is worth checking again in a few months when they'll have added more classic dungeons.

Even then, you'll probably run through content in hours. That's why I was wondering if the game has events that keep you playing. The content is understandably lacking, but even with updates, you'll run through quickly.

elty

Three draws, got a 3* shrunken, 4* platinum dagger and 5* buster sword yay!

edit: a lv 9 breaver limit break hits sinspawn for over 6000 (with a lv25 Cloud and boost buff)

Mandoric

Banned
This isn't particularly bad, but the gameplay is really driving home how lacking even proper ATB feels post-FF11 and serious FF5-breaking. The scoring is also super-lenient, which is bad for replay value; I've been handed Mastery bonuses on dungeons where I barely Experted the boss somehow?

I'm also really worried about the long-term pace of content. I mean, it doesn't help that FF4 and 7 are my least-favorite games in the series and they're 2/3 of the starter content, but on the one hand I'm worried that they'll run out of scenarios extremely quickly and on the other hand I'm worried that they'll just never cover FF11 because it could easily fill a game like this by itself.

Wazzy

Banned
Still can't get Buster Sword. :( I've rolled over 8 times. Ah well, I'll have to keep trying.

Also do we have an idea of when more realms will be released? I just beat all the ones available and I'm craving more, especially because VIII's isn't available yet. :(

Negator

I cannot believe a level 10 Kunai*** with resonance beats out my level 15 Trident****
I cannot believe a level 10 Rod*** with resonance beats out my level 15 Gravity Rod****

I feel like I've been playing the game wrong this whole time.

No wonder FF10 Elite feels so hard, there's no FF10 gear in the game yet!

You don't want the strongest weapon currently in the game?
Not particularly. If this is game where only the very strongest piece of equipment will get you through the later levels, then I'm gonna lose interest fast.

I prefer to use characters and gear that I actually like.

JNA

Banned
How do I get through Air Buster in the elite dungeon? Do I need to bring my White Mage with me for this one?

It keeps countering my every attack. :(

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
How do I get through Air Buster in the elite dungeon? Do I need to bring my White Mage with me for this one?

It keeps countering my every attack. :(

I spammed heals and equipped the fighting healing spell on my guys. He stops countering after a while. Its basically a heal check.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Not particularly. If this is game where only the very strongest piece of equipment will get you through the later levels, then I'm gonna lose interest fast.

Same, I'm waiting for a Lightning weapon in particular.

JNA

Banned
I spammed heals and equipped the fighting healing spell on my guys. He stops countering after a while. Its basically a heal check.

Oh...damn. Well I guess I'll have to do that when my stamina refills.

My party is: Tyro, Cloud, Tidus, Kain, Rydia.

Figured I could get away with using Rydia as my healer and spell attacker.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Oh...damn. Well I guess I'll have to do that when my stamina refills.

My party is: Tyro, Cloud, Tidus, Kain, Rydia.

Figured I could get away with using Rydia as my healer and spell attacker.
Why not Tyro as healer?

Beat all the classics with Cloud, Kain, Rydia, Tidus, and White Mage... I've gotten poo for big roles and I've only managed to beat 1 elite dungeon (first FF7 one) since my characters are all sub-level 20... Guess I need to grind out some levels and spell stones on FF6.

Super disappointing that FF6 seems to have the most missions but no FF6 characters unlocked.

No Buster Sword or other good gear either... almost all 3 drops and no 5's

Negator

I think we'll be getting an FF6 character in the next update.
Problem is it's not the one everyone wants lol.

JNA

Banned
I think we'll be getting an FF6 character in the next update.
Problem is it's not the one everyone wants lol.

I just started FF6 actually. Haven't played it in a week but I'll get back to it soon.

What is
the character everybody wants? The ninja guy? Can't remember his name.

I'm vastly disappointed that FFV's dungeons are up but we don't actually get a character from the game.
And it looks like they only just released one in the JP version

I'm vastly disappointed that FFV's dungeons are up but we don't actually get a character from the game.
And it looks like they only just released one in the JP version

To be fair...
there are only 5 playable FFV characters... FFVI by comparison has the largest playable cast of any FF I can think of aside from FFT... so zero FFVI characters with so many missions feels very odd. Not a huge fan of Cyan, but I'd have settled for him at release.

JNA

Banned
Tyro as a healer...my mind has been blown yo.

That means I can use Wakka instead of Rydia!

...well...except for the IV Door.

Negator

All this talk of replacing Rydia is insane. All of you are insane.

Her Thundara hits like a truck. She is my ace in the party!

I want some really weird bizarro characters. Literally include everyone please.

The roster right now, even in Japan, is super mainstream.

All this talk of replacing Rydia is insane. All of you are insane.

Her Thundara hits like a truck. She is my ace in the party!

I had a hard time going back and beating Baron Castle on classic because she was doing 1400 damage with just thunder on the bosses there.

Just wish she was the adult Rydia... we get that one eventually right? There is just something very off about her child sprite in this game...

I had a hard time going back and beating Baron Castle on classic because she was doing 1400 damage with just thunder on the bosses there.

Just wish she was the adult Rydia... we get that one eventually right? There is just something very off about her child sprite in this game...
I like her child sprite actually. I think they did well converting her to the FFVI look.

But I imagine adult Rydia will be available eventually. There's already two versions of another character available in the Japanese version.
Dark Knight/Paladin Cecil.

aett

I'm also passing on attempting to get the Buster Sword. I saw the screenshots of all the future characters and I can't wait to eventually have my favorite FF characters in a party together (plus Tyro). I hope they all get cool unique weapons and not just main characters or, worse yet, just the most popular main characters.

I want a party that uses harps, bells, whips, books, chakrams, cards, dice, dolls, hammers, boomerangs, etc.

All the "weird" weapons, give them to me.

Malreyn

He has the 3 star sword so I don't want that to go to waste and use him as just a healer.

...I'm doing it wrong aren't i?

I found Tyro to be middle of the pack in a lot of areas in terms of magic and physical damage...he's like the jack of all trades character and a master of none....I stuck him as healer duty and gave him a good ranged damage to get through my auto attack rounds with champion ranks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom