• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z3M0G

So what time exactly will the Buster Sword event end tomorrow? Will we have the full day?

I need to drop the daily event and focus on clearing some Elite dungeons for some Mithril for a couple more pulls... hoping to get at least 2 pulls before the event ends...

Einbroch

Banned
Man, today's daily sucks. Normal gives like 3-4 one star orbs and maybe 1-2 two star orbs. Rather just grind the first two levels of Mako Reactor No.5.

garath

So Monday daily dungeon(as an exemple) is considered the same one every Monday? That is killing it for me, I thought that I could at least get 2-3 Mythrils a day with the daily dungeons...

I can't think of any gatcha games that would throw that much currency at you. It's meant to be rare so it encourages you to buy it. F2P players get to hope and pray they get something good with the few rolls they get.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
So what time exactly will the Buster Sword event end tomorrow? Will we have the full day?

I need to drop the daily event and focus on clearing some Elite dungeons for some Mithril for a couple more pulls... hoping to get at least 2 pulls before the event ends...

17:59 PST.

I can't think of any gatcha games that would throw that much currency at you. It's meant to be rare so it encourages you to buy it. F2P players get to hope and pray they get something good with the few rolls they get.

I understand. I had nothing to compare it to and with the amount of 3 stars I get from Rare Relic Draw, I thought that one chance every two days through Daily Dungeon was acceptable for a F2P model.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So Monday daily dungeon(as an exemple) is considered the same one every Monday? That is killing it for me, I thought that I could at least get 2-3 Mythrils a day with the daily dungeons...

That would be pretty insane if we were able to get a few Mythrils a daily from daily dungeons.

That would be pretty insane if we were able to get a few Mythrils a daily from daily dungeons.

Haha, it shows how disconnected I am from the F2P model. When I look at how much 5 Mythrils cost, it would be them giving you 3-4$ every 2 days so I now understand why it would be insane.

garath

Seriously? We can only ever get 21 mythril from the dailies and that's it? No more loot unless we want to spend money?

other gatcha games throw some currency at you for events, daily rewards, and compensation. No idea how record keeper will handle it.

Yaari

Seriously? We can only ever get 21 mythril from the dailies and that's it? No more loot unless we want to spend money?

Works like that in most of these games. They'll never sell anything if they keep handing it out.

There will be more ways to get Mythril, I'm sure of it. But I never expected to be able to keep on completing the same stages and be rewarded IAP currency for it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Today I did my free relic pull, and got a 4* item! Kinda crazy since a lot of the mythril relic pulls I've done have been mostly for 3* items. It makes me wonder if it's possible to get 5* items in the daily relic giveaway.

Damaniel

Banned
The performance of this game on my tablet (Galaxy Tab S) is awful. Over a second of lag between every text box of dialog, 'now loading' screens everywhere - even entering the party or equipment screens - and don't even get me started on the unskippable cutscenes. The battles themselves seem reasonably OK, but the lagginess of everything else kind of spoils the whole thing.

EDIT: It's only marginally better on my phone - still a lagfest all over the non-battle screens. Interesting that my saved game is synchronized between my phone and tablet - I'm used to playing PAD, where there's no link between the versions installed on my mobile devices.

Today I did my free relic pull, and got a 4* item! Kinda crazy since a lot of the mythril relic pulls I've done have been mostly for 3* items. It makes me wonder if it's possible to get 5* items in the daily relic giveaway.

Oh shit! That would explain why there is 5* items on the background image of the free relic pull, might just be super rare? All I heard so far is that it was maxed at 3* but you just proved it wrong.

Also, when you click "Relic" on the free common Relic draw, you can see the 5* relics in the list. The list is called "Common Relic Draw", which is how the free daily one is called.

garath

Man. The FF7 elite dungeons are super easy with lighting strike on cloud and Thundara on Rydia.

All my daily free relic pulls have been 1*. At least I just got a 4* crystal helm from the mythril pull. That makes 5 3*s and 1 4*. Luck is not with me in this game.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Oh shit! That would explain why there is 5* items on the background image of the free relic pull, might just be super rare? All I heard so far is that it was maxed at 3* but you just proved it wrong.

Also, when you click "Relic" on the free common Relic draw, you can see the 5* relics in the list. The list is called "Common Relic Draw", which is how the free daily one is called.

You can get 5* from the daily. Somebody on reddit worked the % and it was like 0.01% or something like that. (Assuming we have the same rates as JP)

EGM92

Has anyone noticed extreme battery drain? Playing for 10min caused my battery to drop 25% which is insane. I've never experienced anything like it before.

Also have they stated anything about new content yet ? If you have to pay for it or when its going to be released ?

elty

How do you pay the hard daily? They hit for like 1000 and my heal is only like 600. I lost 3 party member just in the first stage.

Man. The FF7 elite dungeons are super easy with lighting strike on cloud and Thundara on Rydia.

All my daily free relic pulls have been 1*. At least I just got a 4* crystal helm from the mythril pull. That makes 5 3*s and 1 4*. Luck is not with me in this game.

This essentially my luck as well. No thundara for me yet, need to grind some more FF6 maps.

Has anyone noticed extreme battery drain? Playing for 10min caused my battery to drop 25% which is insane. I've never experienced anything like it before.

Also have they stated anything about new content yet ? If you have to pay for it or when its going to be released ?

Battery drain is really high, even in stand by... but then again all of Squeenix games have been like this for me (including FF6).

Since the game only just now officially launched stateside a few days ago, I would imagine it'll be at least a little while.

How do you pay the hard daily? They hit for like 1000 and my heal is only like 600. I lost 3 party member just in the first stage.

You grind levels on other content till you're in your 30's.

Wazzy

Banned
Ugh I didn't realize Buster Sword would still be around after the event. That's what I get for not reading the actual event information. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also is there a link anywhere to future updates? I'm curious if they're frequent or like, once a month or so.

The performance of this game on my tablet (Galaxy Tab S) is awful. Over a second of lag between every text box of dialog, 'now loading' screens everywhere - even entering the party or equipment screens - and don't even get me started on the unskippable cutscenes. The battles themselves seem reasonably OK, but the lagginess of everything else kind of spoils the whole thing.

EDIT: It's only marginally better on my phone - still a lagfest all over the non-battle screens. Interesting that my saved game is synchronized between my phone and tablet - I'm used to playing PAD, where there's no link between the versions installed on my mobile devices.

Yeah I'm playing on my Tab S and the performance could be a lot better. I think it's the worst when you're selecting a realm.

Meneses

Same thing happens on my Galaxy S3, the menus are horrid, borderline unplayable.

However, when I manage to get into the battles it's pretty smooth. No idea why that happens, but it's putting me off from the game.

Same thing happens on my Galaxy S3, the menus are horrid, borderline unplayable.

However, when I manage to get into the battles it's pretty smooth. No idea why that happens, but it's putting me off from the game.

The game is constantly 'calling home', probably in an attempt to prevent hacks/abuse. It's quite frustrating to be sure...

Nickoten

Neo Member
Did the Normal Daily Dungeon and didn't get a single Lesser Orb. How am I getting more of these from the FFVI dungeons? They're the "featured items"!

Let's say I want to farm a Lesser Lightning Orb. If I get it on the first level of Figaro Castle, can I leave the dungeon and keep my orb or I need to finish the entire dungeon? Thanks!

Einbroch

Banned
Yeah, it's trash.

Easy should be one star only.
Normal should be mostly two star, but with one stars occasionally.
Hard should be mostly three star, but with two stars occasionally.

As it is now, it's:

Easy - One star
Normal - 80% one star, 20% two star
Hard (from the first level that I've beaten three times) - 80% two star, 20% three star

I feel like the droprates are backwards. The orb dailies as they are are terrible.

Nickoten

Neo Member
I didn't mind the rate I was getting stuff for the Armor upgrade, gil, or exp days, so I was kind of surprised to see the orb daily not quite deliver like the past few days have.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The game is constantly 'calling home', probably in an attempt to prevent hacks/abuse. It's quite frustrating to be sure...

All games of this type do that, and it really can be annoying. This one isn't so bad, at least when playing on Wifi.

Shouta

I'm honestly surprised that they aren't giving out a daily mythril or something as an global opening event.

JP version gives it out for like X Million downloads or 6 month anniversary etc. They give tons out, honestly. I've gotten pretty much at least 1 Mythril every day since I started playing the game 2 every 5 days and a few times I had 3, lol.

It should be noted that while you can only get Mythril from dailies once, most new history dungeons will give you a mythril, most force dungeons will give you a mythril, and all weekly character events will give you some mythril as well. You will not be starved for it unless you really want to power up your chars.

Also, super low chance of getting a 5 star out of the free daily gatcha in this. It's like .10% but still a chance. The mythril one is 10%+

Monday - Orbs wind/nonelemental/ice/holy
Tuesday - Weapon materials
Wednesday - Orbs black/white/power and gil
Thusday - Orbs fire/dark/earth/lightning.
Friday - Armor materials
Saturday - gil
Sunday - XP

The display for them is listed under 'rules'

OH. They're still using that? I think you guys will get some Mythril when they update to the reworked version of the dailies too.

Shouta

Oh, what's the reworked version look like?

Monday: Fire/Earth & Materials
Tuesday: Black/Strength
Wednesday: Lightning/Wind & Gil
Thursday: White/Strength
Friday: Holy/Dark & Materials
Saturday: Non-elemental/ice & Gil
Sunday: XP

Negator

I like how in both setups it's totally impossible to just grind one of them all day for a specific skill. Those bastards!

Shouta

I like how in both setups it's totally impossible to just grind one of them all day for a specific skill. Those bastards!

It just makes it easier to grind enough orbs that you want in a day with the second setup. Getting to higher skill levels for your abilities takes quite a huge number of them so, spreading it to two types per day means bigger chance of getting one those two instead of it being 3 per

AgeEighty

So I have been enjoying this game enough that I decided to do one 10+1 pack and got lucky enough to get a couple of 4* armors and a buster sword. Then when I hit 5 mythril I went ahead and did another pull and ended up with a 2nd buster sword. Now the buster sword is better than any other weapon that I own, so I am trying to decide. Am I best off just going ahead and equiping it on a second character that can use it, or combining the two to make one even more powerful weapon. Personally I am leaning to having both of them equiped to seperate characters to have two with extra powerful physical attacks for now, then later in the game when I have more weapons on this level I can combine them. Your thoughts?

You bastard. You're one of those people whom Lady Luck has a crush on, aren't you?

I've bought 15 rares in total and have received zero Buster Swords.

TheExodu5

Banned
So, is there any way to get summon orbs yet?

quick question for the future: If you have 1 party member at level cap, is exp divided by four or five?

What's the level cap?

Also, Double Cut vs. Charge? I'll be able to get one of them tomorrow...not sure which to go for.

TheContact

You bastard. You're one of those people whom Lady Luck has a crush on, aren't you?

I've bought 15 rares in total and have received zero Buster Swords.

Did 5 relic drawing so far and no buster sword. (Nothing over 3 stars even) Don't want to pay for a bunch of mythril either but really want the sword =|

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I think I would buy this game on a 3DS/Steam/PSN fully featured, like ALL the content, and no/faster loading times for a premium price... I'm talking $40. It's a real good game. I'm sure they're making a lot of money in this format, but I'd like to see it once it's all finished.

I think I would buy this game on a 3DS/Steam/PSN fully featured, like ALL the content, and no/faster loading times for a premium price... I'm talking $40. It's a real good game. I'm sure they're making a lot of money in this format, but I'd like to see it once it's all finished.

I don't think the game would work well in that format though as you'll blow through all of the main content pretty quick.

Ludist210

So now this does work on my phone and tablet, and man, I like it. Not bad for a mobile F2P at all...made it through the first two episodes in each of the three rooms I have open (IV, VII, and X). I'm using a party of Tidus, Wakka, Kain, White Mage, and protagonist right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom